PDA

View Full Version : They left out the "H"

ETL
11-02-2009, 11:21 PM
At the end of tonight's MNF game they showed a graphic of next weeks MNF game of:

PITTSBURG
VS
DENVER

I know it's a small error but ESPN is multi billion dollar company. I can't believe multiple editors missed this and let it be shown on air.

stb_steeler
11-02-2009, 11:38 PM
Maybe they cant spell...Or the producer gave his illiterate son a job.

Preacher
11-03-2009, 02:46 AM
Cool, I didn't know Pittsburg California had a football team in the NFL!

Heck, I am not even sure Oakland or SF have one either!!

Galax Steeler
11-03-2009, 03:32 AM
That was a good catch I missed it.

pancake
11-03-2009, 04:30 AM
Cool, I didn't know Pittsburg California had a football team in the NFL!

Heck, I am not even sure Oakland or SF have one either!!

There is a Pittsburg, Ky. I believe it is close to Cincy, where a team is pretending to be a team...

solardave
11-03-2009, 05:11 AM
At the end of tonight's MNF game they showed a graphic of next weeks MNF game of:

PITTSBURG
VS
DENVER

I know it's a small error but ESPN is multi billion dollar company. I can't believe multiple editors missed this and let it be shown on air.

We've become the Rodney Dangerfield of the NFL. "I tell you I get no respect!"

solardave
11-03-2009, 05:15 AM
There is a Pittsburg, Ky. I believe it is close to Cincy, where a team is pretending to be a team...

I know where Pittsburg,Ky is. There team is called the Steeles.:chuckle:

HometownGal
11-03-2009, 06:34 AM
There is also a Pittsburg, Kansas.

Nothing surprises me about ESPN.

The Lakelander
11-03-2009, 06:43 AM
Call it what you want ... I call it "purposeful disrespect".

Christian Snyder
11-03-2009, 06:54 AM

PITTSBURG
VS
DENVER

I know it's a small error but ESPN is multi billion dollar company. I can't believe multiple editors missed this and let it be shown on air. That sounds about right for ESPN. On their bottomline a week ago, it said that both the Vikings and the Steelers were undefeated!:toofunny:

:chuckle::chuckle:

Jmat
11-03-2009, 06:57 AM
It's stunning how many people leave the h of Pittsburgh.
I don't know if people don't realize that the Pittsburgh in Pennsylvania has an h or if it's simply a sign of ignorance.
I lean heavily toward the ignorance thing.

stlrtruck
11-03-2009, 08:06 AM
I don't know if people don't realize that the Pittsburgh in Pennsylvania has an h or if it's simply a sign of ignorance.

:iagree:

TX Steelerfan
11-03-2009, 08:46 AM
Hey, who knew Pittsburghers were some of the original Libertarians?

From: http://pittsburgh.about.com/od/about_pittsburgh/a/spelling.htm

In 1890, President Benjamin Harrison established the t10-man U.S. Board on Geographic Names to help restore order to the naming of cities, towns, rivers, lakes, mountains and other places throughout the U.S. ....... One of the first codes established by the new Board to help restore order to U.S. place names was that the final 'h' should be dropped from the names of all cities and towns ending in 'burgh.' The proud citizens of Pittsburgh, considering their town an obvious historical exception to this ruling, refused to give in to the Board's ruling and mounted a campaign to keep the traditional spelling. Twenty years later, in 1911, the Board finally relented and restored the 'h' to Pittsburgh.

So screw you, Benjamin Harrison and ESPN.

Nadroj 20
11-03-2009, 09:08 AM
There is a division II football team called Pittsburg, i think it is in Georgia (not 100 percent sure though)

Christian Snyder
11-03-2009, 10:01 AM

I agree.

fansince'76
11-03-2009, 10:08 AM
ESPN is a joke.

1st&Goal
11-03-2009, 10:52 AM
The only Pittsburgh with an "h" at the end of it in the nation is "Da Burgh". They should have known better at NESP, er, I mean, ESPN, er whatever.

LVSteelersfan
11-03-2009, 12:02 PM
I call it a purposeful jab that will only serve to get the Steelers even more fired up. We now have the curse of the missing "H". BTW, I hate that jackwad Steve Young. He is a bona fide Steeler hater. He gives Ben no props whatsoever but was drooling all over Manning, Brady and Brees. He also said Matt Ryan was better in his first two years than Ben was. How he came up with that is preposterous. Ben is #2 in the league in passing and has faked most defenses out of their shorts this year. We will see if he takes shots at Ben again next week. I hate ESPN.

Gnutella
11-03-2009, 12:47 PM

It's simple ignorance. Ironically, many of the same stooges who spell 'Pittsburgh' without the 'H' are the same people who claim that Pittsburghers are "ignorant." *lmao*

Seriously, I know how to spell 'Tucson,' 'Cincinnati' and 'Albuquerque' without looking them up, yet according to the U.S. Postal Service, those cities are the second-, third- and fourth-most frequently-misspelled major city names in the country, respectively.

Guess which one is the most frequently-misspelled! :banging:

beSteelmyheart
11-03-2009, 04:59 PM
What really pisses me off is that the idiot in question probably makes alot more money than I do.