PDA

View Full Version : Hi, Shout out from a Broncos fan

Mile High 24
11-03-2009, 11:48 AM
Hi, I thought I would check out the boards for this week and give an overview of what we are doing this year.

It was a little dissapointing last week but I was always worried about coming off a bye and flying across country, we just never came to play and the Ravens were much the better team.

The D played fantastic again holding the Ravens to 3 FG's at home even though they kept getting put back on the field. We let up 2 TD's right at the end of the game but by then the D was worn out and a couple of players from the backfield had gone out so i'm not too worried about that.

The O was very poor, I have heard some say that Orton and McD were too safe and didn't challenge them deep but they obviously didn't see the game. It was lost because their DL dominated our OL which meant they could drop ppl deep into coverage and take away our deep ball and Orton didn't get any time to throw. I don't know why the OL dropped off so much this game, just a horrible day all round lol.

The ST's were poor as well but that was unusual as well.

Lets start with the D. Last year it was a joke and alot of the personnel are now out of the league completely, it was THAT bad. Shanahan was a major bust on D picks and our old DC Slowik was AWFUL (Shanahan was going to keep him on as well which helped with his firing)

We brought in Nolan who had success coaching on the Ravens 2000 D and he changed us to a 3-4, we then brang in personnel to fit the D. The backfield looks really good and experienced.

CB - Bailey - Healthy and playing lights out this year.
CB - Goodman - A huge upgrade over Dre Bly.
S - Renaldo Hill - Another from Miami who calls our backfield plays and has great range.
S - Dawkins - Our MVP so far, he has given us SOOO much fire, leadership and intensity that we have missed it has made a HUGE difference, he's also playing very well and doesn't look like he's lost anything.

We moved our pass rusher Dumerville to OLB in the 3-4 where he creates mismatches and knows how to get after the QB, DJ Williams and Andre Davis are run tackling machines on the inside and Haggans doing well.

Fields and Holliday are doing terrific on the NT position as well.

Nolan knows how to make halftime adjustments and the points we have given up in the second half are as follows.

CIN - 7
OAK - 3
CLE - 0
DAL - 0
NE - 0
SD - 3
BAL - 14 (On D) - 7 (On ST's)

On O we still have our top OL, good WR core, Moreno and Buck working well and McD is making Orton a really good QB who has not only just thrown one pick (end of half hail mary) but has thrown for over 300 against NE with TD drives of 90 and 98 and is improving all the time and recently outplayed Rivers.

We LOVE McD, we practice hard and have a new gameplan every week, it came out that Belicheck taught him the HC role last year and he is doing well. As he says 'The most important game is the next one'

Our MVP so far -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mk1LiAvJuT4

So lets hear about the Steelers.

btw - I heard that Harrison lines up on Cladys side, if your DC has any sense he will put him away from one of the top LT's and put him on Polumbus's side who done well against Suggs but is our weaker side.

Crow-Magnon
11-03-2009, 12:05 PM
It was a little dissapointing last week but I was always worried about coming off a bye

The Ravens were coming off a bye, too.

Hopefully your team is pretty pissed at losing to one AFCN team and doesn't wish to repeat the process. They will have their hands full, though.

Christian Snyder
11-03-2009, 12:12 PM

Hopefully your team is pretty pissed at losing to one AFCN team and doesn't wish to repeat the process. They will have their hands full, though. Hopefully, they wish to repeat the process.:chuckle:

:tt04::tt04:

Crow-Magnon
11-03-2009, 12:15 PM
Hopefully, they wish to repeat the process.:chuckle:

:tt04::tt04:

I had a feeling yinz would see it that way. :chuckle:

Christian Snyder
11-03-2009, 12:17 PM
I had a feeling yinz would see it that way. :chuckle: :chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

Mile High 24
11-03-2009, 12:25 PM

Hopefully your team is pretty pissed at losing to one AFCN team and doesn't wish to repeat the process. They will have their hands full, though.

True, but my full quote was 'coming off a bye and flying across country.

You played very well but don't forget it was in Baltimore.

xvdougl
11-03-2009, 12:29 PM
We're gonna crush you like an empty can of Iron City!

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-03-2009, 12:30 PM
Welcome to the board, always nice to have respectful fans from other teams come here to share their thoughts.:drink:

Gotta say that we are all pretty worried about Berger and his "student body shank right" play!!! (just kidding)

Good luck this week...we are all looking forward to the game.
:tt03::tt03::tt03:

Mile High 24
11-03-2009, 12:36 PM
Welcome to the board, always nice to have respectful fans from other teams come here to share their thoughts.:drink:

Gotta say that we are all pretty worried about Berger and his "student body shank right" play!!! (just kidding)

Good luck this week...we are all looking forward to the game.
:tt03::tt03::tt03:

Thanks

Yeah Berger was killing us on Sunday, they had they ball near midfield far too many times.

Hopefully the rust has gone and he steps up.

I get the impression that the Steelers D is slowly creeping back to excellance (obviously helps with Polomalu back) but the O is really struggling this year.

LVSteelersfan
11-03-2009, 12:39 PM
Why in the heck did your team pick up Berger? That had all of us scratching our heads as he was absolutely pathetic for us last year. Could make it a field position game in the Steelers favor if he does a couple of those lovely shanks we got to see all too often last year. Harrison can play on either side and be just as effective. If he is there, your weak lineman on the other side has to contend with Woodley. I guarantee you that is no easy task. Orton will be toast against this defense. They are as good or better than the Ravens D. You got extremely lucky against the Bengals and the Pats are not as good as people keep trying to portray them as.

Steelboy84
11-03-2009, 12:40 PM
Looking forward to a great game.

fansince'76
11-03-2009, 12:41 PM
I get the impression that the Steelers D is slowly creeping back to excellance (obviously helps with Polomalu back) but the O is really struggling this year.

No, actually it's not. That being said, I expect a low-scoring game next Monday night. Best part is, I'll actually be there.

LVSteelersfan
11-03-2009, 12:42 PM
Thanks

Yeah Berger was killing us on Sunday, they had they ball near midfield far too many times.

Have you even paid attention to the Steelers on offense this year. Ben is second in the league in passing. Hines Ward is second in receiving. This is not your fathers Steelers. They pass the ball to set up the run. You have to cover Hines Ward, Santonio Holmes and Mike Wallace which is no easy task. Then there are the dump offs to Heath Miller and Mendenhall and Moore. This O is NOT STRUGGLING like you seem to think it is.

Mile High 24
11-03-2009, 12:46 PM
Why in the heck did your team pick up Berger? That had all of us scratching our heads as he was absolutely pathetic for us last year. Could make it a field position game in the Steelers favor if he does a couple of those lovely shanks we got to see all too often last year. Harrison can play on either side and be just as effective. If he is there, your weak lineman on the other side has to contend with Woodley. I guarantee you that is no easy task. Orton will be toast against this defense. They are as good or better than the Ravens D. You got extremely lucky against the Bengals and the Pats are not as good as people keep trying to portray them as.

LOL - So we're losing 50-0 on Monday and you're going undefeated the rest of the way.

Anyway, obviously Harrison won't have as much success lining up against Clady (a top 3 LT) then lining up against a back-up (Polumbus). Woodley is decent but I'm sure we can handle him.

I don't know how many sacks Harrison and Woodley have but I doubt its 10, as Dumerville has.

The big difference is that we will be at home on Monday, we were on the road against the Ravens and I doubt we play that badly again.

Although I think we will have some problems against your D you will have the same problem.

We played SD's OL in their house and was in their backfield all night, our run D has been excellant, Ben can't hold onto the ball too long against out D and Ward will go up against Bailey who has been lights out all year.

This is a D game all the way.

Mile High 24
11-03-2009, 12:57 PM
Steelboy84 - thanks, me too.

In reference to your O obviously I have not followed the Steelers closely this year but -

I watched the Titans game which was very low scoring and the Titans got 59 dropped on them by the Pats.

The Bears defeat was low scoring.

The Vikings game was very low scoring and took some very careless play by Farve to get you a win at home.

ok, lets look at the stats.

So you rank 15 in points scored, not bad, not great. You O has coughed up 12 fumbles, 7 lost and your -3 in TO's.

#19 in rushing.

#27 OL.

and i'm sure the 417 yards at home to the Browns helped the passing stats.

We have the #1 ranked D so of course I expect a D game.

Crow-Magnon
11-03-2009, 12:59 PM
Steelboy84 - thanks, me too.

In reference to your O obviously I have not followed the Steelers closely this year but -

I watched the Titans game which was very low scoring and the Titans got 59 dropped on them by the Pats.

The Vikings game was very low scoring and took some very careless play by Farve to get you a win at home.

So you rank 15 in points scored, not bad, not great. You O has coughed up 12 fumbles, 7 lost and your -3 in TO's.

#19 in rushing.

#27 OL.

We have the #1 ranked D so of course I expect a D game.

Still?

Dino 6 Rings
11-03-2009, 12:59 PM
After this game you won't be the #1 Defense any longer.

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-03-2009, 01:01 PM
btw - I heard that Harrison lines up on Cladys side, if your DC has any sense he will put him away from one of the top LT's and put him on Polumbus's side who done well against Suggs but is our weaker side.

Welcome to the board, but this is the most uneducated football comment in recent memory.

First of all, I think if you knew anything about NFL football, you would know the name of Dick Lebeau. Only because he's only been around the NFL for 50 years, pretty much invented the zone blitz and has more INT's than anybody in Broncos history.

So lets just concede that our "DC has any sense". He had the sense to leave Harrison on the LT all of last year against guys like Joe Thomas, Marcus McNeil, Chris Samuels, Tra Thomas, Jared Gathier, Matt Light, Tony Ugoh, etc........and he only was the DPOY. Ryan Clady scares nobody....especially Harrison.

If the Ravens stuffed your run game and rushed the passer, wait until you see Casey Hampton and Brett Keisel stuff the run, while Harrison, Woodley, Timmons and Farrior come at any time and pressure Orton. I'm happy you guys saw some success, but I think the clock struck midnight last week and is about to again on monday.

Mile High 24
11-03-2009, 01:03 PM
[QUOTE=Mile High 24]Steelboy84 - thanks, me too.

#19 in rushing.

#27 OL.

We have the #1 ranked D so of course I expect a D game. [ /QUOTE]

Still?

Yep, just checked, still #1.

I thought the D done pretty well on Sunday apart from not finishing off a few sacks on Flacco.

Our D was constantly being put on the field and often the Ravens were in great field position yet going into the 4th quarter we had given up only THREE FG's, not bad at all.

The 2 late TD's were dissapointing but apart from being completely worn down we also had a couple of players off the field by then and had some rookies in the backfield.

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-03-2009, 01:07 PM
Thanks

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but after enduring a year of Berger, I think we can honestly tell you....That "rust" has done eaten through whatever "metal" Berger may have ever had. It doesnt get any better than what you saw on Sunday.

Mile High 24
11-03-2009, 01:10 PM
Welcome to the board, but this is the most uneducated football comment in recent memory.

First of all, I think if you knew anything about NFL football, you would know the name of Dick Lebeau. Only because he's only been around the NFL for 50 years, pretty much invented the zone blitz and has more INT's than anybody in Broncos history.

So lets just concede that our "DC has any sense". He had the sense to leave Harrison on the LT all of last year against guys like Joe Thomas, Marcus McNeil, Chris Samuels, Tra Thomas, Jared Gathier, Matt Light, Tony Ugoh, etc........and he only was the DPOY. Ryan Clady scares nobody....especially Harrison.

If the Ravens stuffed your run game and rushed the passer, wait until you see Casey Hampton and Brett Keisel stuff the run, while Harrison, Woodley, Timmons and Farrior come at any time and pressure Orton. I'm happy you guys saw some success, but I think the clock struck midnight last week and is about to again on monday.

I rate and respect your DC, I never said otherwise.

If you watched the game Sunday you will notice the pressure came up the middle on Wiegmann and Hamilton, not Cladys side.

Also, chatting with other fans this year who we have played most agreed that Clady is at least a top 3 LT in the NFL.

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thedailydolphin/2009/06/28/jake-long-looks-to-close-gap-with-ryan-clady/

Football outsiders call Clady the #5 most irreplacable player.

Pete Prisco (CBS) calls Clady the #1 OT in the NFL.

As you can see this is a Miami board who rate Clady ahead of Thomas.

Also, this is before the season and Clady has been lights out and allowed only 1 sack which Orton stepped into.

This game is about mismatches and IMO you will get better success going up on the other side.

Mile High 24
11-03-2009, 01:13 PM
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but after enduring a year of Berger, I think we can honestly tell you....That "rust" has done eaten through whatever "metal" Berger may have ever had. It doesnt get any better than what you saw on Sunday.

Well time will tell I guess LOL, but most of McD's moves have paid off so I trust him and the staff.

Kern, our old punter, couldn't pin teams inside the 20 and kept knocking it into the end zone.

Berger doesn't need to boom them, he will get that help playing in Denver. We just need him to be accurate as our D will win field position alot of the time and from what I hear Berger is more about accuracy then distance.

Dino 6 Rings
11-03-2009, 01:13 PM
With the way the AFC north is this year, this is a Must win for the Steelers. They have to win to keep pace in the AFCN. The Broncos, after riding high for 6 weeks are coming back to reality, after the beating the Ravens gave them, I suspect their confidence will be a little iffy when things get rough early on in the game.

We expect the Broncos to give us their best shot, since after all, we are the Defending Champions, but our Offense is doing just fine, scoring enough points to win us every game this year and our Defense is getting better each week. Our last game, we Shut down Adrian Peterson and forced Favre to beat us, which, He Could Not Do. We pressured him into mistakes and capitolized late on a bad play by a Veteran Chester Taylor. You can't make a single mistake against the Steelers and expect to Survive. We turn mistakes into points.

Oh...and have the super slow motion button ready when you're watching the game, that guy that you can barely see as he streaks past your secondary is named Mike Wallace, he's a rookie but he's truly Lightning in a Bottle, which we will be uncorking on your defense this Monday.

Mile High 24
11-03-2009, 01:18 PM
With the way the AFC north is this year, this is a Must win for the Steelers. They have to win to keep pace in the AFCN. The Broncos, after riding high for 6 weeks are coming back to reality, after the beating the Ravens gave them, I suspect their confidence will be a little iffy when things get rough early on in the game.

We expect the Broncos to give us their best shot, since after all, we are the Defending Champions, but our Offense is doing just fine, scoring enough points to win us every game this year and our Defense is getting better each week. Our last game, we Shut down Adrian Peterson and forced Favre to beat us, which, He Could Not Do. We pressured him into mistakes and capitolized late on a bad play by a Veteran Chester Taylor. You can't make a single mistake against the Steelers and expect to Survive. We turn mistakes into points.

Oh...and have the super slow motion button ready when you're watching the game, that guy that you can barely see as he streaks past your secondary is named Mike Wallace, he's a rookie but he's truly Lightning in a Bottle, which we will be uncorking on your defense this Monday.

No One has streaked past our secondary all year. We have Champ, Goodman, Dawkins and Hill back there.

Confidence iffy? LOL, we lost ONE game.....NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LOL

McD and the players have said that Sunday was not acceptable and we came out flat after the bye, we will have a hard week of practice and be ready for Monday night.

Dino 6 Rings
11-03-2009, 01:22 PM
No One has streaked past our secondary all year. We have Champ, Goodman, Dawkins and Hill back there.

Confidence iffy? LOL, we lost ONE game.....NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LOL

McD and the players have said that Sunday was not acceptable and we came out flat after the bye, we will have a hard week of practice and be ready for Monday night.

Exposed for the middle of the road lucky team you truly are. Champ is a Chump, Ben made champ his little biatch on his way to his first Super Bowl Title and has zero fear of your secondary thats for sure. Wallace is going to beat you deep early on, forcing your safeties to drop back into coverage, Hines is going to eat you up underneath, Holmes is going to expose you on the corners, Miller is going to tear up your inside and Mendenhall, Parker and Moore will combine for 130+ yard rushing, just enough to keep your linebackers and blitzing schemes honest.

Then...Our defense is going to pound your brains into the ground and irrigate the mile high grass with the blood of your players.

Dino 6 Rings
11-03-2009, 01:23 PM
Oh...by the way...Welcome to the Board.

:wink02:

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-03-2009, 01:25 PM
I rate and respect your DC, I never said otherwise.

If you watched the game Sunday you will notice the pressure came up the middle on Wiegmann and Hamilton, not Cladys side.

Also, chatting with other fans this year who we have played most agreed that Clady is at least a top 3 LT in the NFL.

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thedailydolphin/2009/06/28/jake-long-looks-to-close-gap-with-ryan-clady/

Football outsiders call Clady the #5 most irreplacable player.

Pete Prisco (CBS) calls Clady the #1 OT in the NFL.

As you can see this is a Miami board who rate Clady ahead of Thomas.

Also, this is before the season and Clady has been lights out and allowed only 1 sack which Orton stepped into.

This game is about mismatches and IMO you will get better success going up on the other side.

I agree that Clady is one of the top pass protecting OT's in the NFL. But to say that if our DC had any sense he would move Harrison to the other side, is like saying if your OC had any sense he would not pass the football down the field because Polamalu is the best S in the NFL.

It was just a stupid statement.

When you can show me that NFL coaches move their best pass rusher to the RT to avoid a guy, I will give credibility to your statement. Jared Allen, Demarcus Ware, James Harrison, Dwight Freeney play predominantly over the LT in passing downs. You guys may slide Dumerville around because he isnt good enough to beat solid LT's, but most of the great pass rushers are put on the QB's blind side.

Woodley will give Polumbus more than he can handle and I predict will get at least 2, maybe 3 sacks. You thing football is all about matchups, but its actually about blocking, tackling and executing assignments. Clady is gonna have his hands full with James Harrison and Brett Keisel all day.

Mile High 24
11-03-2009, 01:31 PM
I agree that Clady is one of the top pass protecting OT's in the NFL. But to say that if our DC had any sense he would move Harrison to the other side, is like saying if your OC had any sense he would not pass the football down the field because Polamalu is the best S in the NFL.

It was just a stupid statement.

When you can show me that NFL coaches move their best pass rusher to the RT to avoid a guy, I will give credibility to your statement. Jared Allen, Demarcus Ware, James Harrison, Dwight Freeney play predominantly over the LT in passing downs. You guys may slide Dumerville around because he isnt good enough to beat solid LT's, but most of the great pass rushers are put on the QB's blind side.

Woodley will give Polumbus more than he can handle and I predict will get at least 2, maybe 3 sacks. You thing football is all about matchups, but its actually about blocking, tackling and executing assignments. Clady is gonna have his hands full with James Harrison and Brett Keisel all day.

Dino - Your post was too stupid to reply to.

El-G-Jax - Clady has played 23 games against most of the best pass rushers in the league. He has given up one sack so I can't see Harrison doing much if you just bang him against Clady all night.

Woodley has got 2 sacks all year and you expect 2-3 in one game????? Especially as Polumbus is very highly rated in Denver and done a great job against Suggs when he came in.

If I was you I would be more concerned about Dumerville who has more sacks then Harrison this year and is coming up against a porous OL.

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-03-2009, 01:31 PM
I dont expect to see a lot of deep balls, but the one guy that can get caught peeking is Dawkins. we could see Wallace get behind the coverage, but more likely I expect to see Wallace or Holmes stretch the coverage and both Ward and Miller are gonna make their money over the middle.

Champ Bailey is a great CB, but Andre Goodman??? I still think our starting lineup of Ward, Holmes, Heath Miller is enough of a receiving threat for Ben to be productive on 3 and 5 step drops. Dumerville will come at Colon, but the cool thing is that Willie Colon works just as hard as Dumerville....so its gonna be fun to watch that battle.

Mile High 24
11-03-2009, 01:39 PM
I dont expect to see a lot of deep balls, but the one guy that can get caught peeking is Dawkins. we could see Wallace get behind the coverage, but more likely I expect to see Wallace or Holmes stretch the coverage and both Ward and Miller are gonna make their money over the middle.

Champ Bailey is a great CB, but Andre Goodman??? I still think our starting lineup of Ward, Holmes, Heath Miller is enough of a receiving threat for Ben to be productive on 3 and 5 step drops. Dumerville will come at Colon, but the cool thing is that Willie Colon works just as hard as Dumerville....so its gonna be fun to watch that battle.

Goodman played great with Miami last year and is playing great for us.

Dumerville against Colon is a match-up I would love us to get.

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-03-2009, 01:42 PM

El-G-Jax - Clady has played 23 games against most of the best pass rushers in the league. He has given up one sack so I can't see Harrison doing much if you just bang him against Clady all night.

Woodley has got 2 sacks all year and you expect 2-3 in one game????? Especially as Polumbus is very highly rated in Denver and done a great job against Suggs when he came in.

If I was you I would be more concerned about Dumerville who has more sacks then Harrison this year and is coming up against a porous OL.

Mile hi...I love O line play(you have no idea) and respect Clady's game. I was a big fan of his pass pro skills coming out of Boise, but he wasnt a great run blocker. You obviously dont know much about the Steelers and are just going off of stats from NFL.com.

Basically, Keisel will play the B gap inside of Clady and Harrison outside Clady. Harrison has the quickness, strength and leverage that few have in the NFL and while he may be held without a sack, I think you will see him occupy Clady and probably draw a holding call or 2. If Clady negates Harrison in the pass rush, but Harrison stuffs Clady in the run, its advantage Steelers.

As for Woodley, he doesnt have the rush technique of Suggs. Suggs is a speed guy that likes to get the edge and a tall rangy guy like Polumbus at 6'8" 300 lbs can shed him. Woodley is built like a fire hydrant and likes to bull rush guys into the backfield, then shed them while near the QB. Polumbus is the perfect OT for Woodley to face....a tall guy that is barely 300lbs. :thumbsup:

Somehow that porus O line of the Steelers kept Jared Allen sackless.....I think they can handle Dumerville. What you should really be concerned about is the Steeler porus O line is big. Starks 345lbs, Kemoeatu, 344lbs, Essex 324lbs....the lightest guy on the line is Hartwig and he handles NT's like Shaun Rogers very well. I expect our O line to run the ball well.

steelerchad
11-03-2009, 01:46 PM

You clearly haven't watched the Steelers much this year. I understand that as I haven't seen a whole lot of the Broncos either. The O line problems were last years problems, not this years. There are very few free runs on Ben. Most of the sacks have been on Ben holding the ball, which we have learned to live with because he's a playmaker. We've also shown some signs of the running game coming alive with Mendy. To say the Oline is porous is not correct this year. I think the D will get pressure. Harrison will line up where he always does, but where the pressure will come from will vary depending on the situation.
Denver is much improved this year, which is a surprise to almost everybody as their D was a sieve last year. I still don't believe they are an elite team. Sure they're 6-1 and could still finish 12-4 or even better, but when they get down to playoff time I don't think they have what it takes to advance. Can they beat us Monday? sure they can. but if we lined up and played 10 times, I think we win 7 or 8 of those.
We have some things to work on. We have yet to play a complete game. In many phases we are ahead of where we were vs. last year's SuperBowl team.
I really think this years Steeler team is one that will be playing it's best in Dec., Jan., and hopefully Feb.

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-03-2009, 01:49 PM
Goodman played great with Miami last year and is playing great for us.

Dumerville against Colon is a match-up I would love us to get.

I think you are better off with Starks vs Dumerville as Starks doesnt always handle the shorter, quicker guys like Freeney, Trent Cole, etc. Colon doesnt have the reach, but much quicker feet.

Congrats on Goodman, he's gotta be better than Foxworth was. I just think that Champ can take 1 WR from the game......lets say he shuts down Holmes. Then Ward's route running or Wallace's 4.3 speed can exploit Goodman. I haven't even considered Heath Miller's already got 40 receptions and is probably the best blocking TE in the NFL.

Dino 6 Rings
Lets see the stats sheets shall we.

Pittsburgh Offense = 14th in points, 6th in Total yards, 5th in Passing, 19th in Rushing.
Pittsburgh Defense = 7th in points, 8th in Total yards, 16th in Passing, 1st in Rushing.

Denver Offense = 20th in points, 14th in total yards, 16th in Passing, 11th in Rushing
Denver Defense = 2nd in points, 1st in Total yards, 8th in passing, 3rd in Rushing.

So really, your strength is your defense this year and rushing game. So your 11th Ranked Rushing game against my 1st Run Defense. And my 5th Ranked Passing game vs your 8th passing defense.

I like our chances.

Orton Rating 95.5
Ben Rating 102.6
Ben Wins

Steelers have registered 21 total sacks
Broncos have registered 23 total sacks
Not much difference there

The one stat the Broncos excel at over the Steelers is Turnovers. +6 to -3.

That is where the Broncos are winning games, by winning the Turn Over battle. As long as we don't make any silly mistakes and have bad turnovers, we should be able to handle the Broncos next Monday night.

Now...I'm going to stop with the boring Stats and post fun smack talk against your beloved Broncos.

Mile High 24
Mile hi...I love O line play(you have no idea) and respect Clady's game. I was a big fan of his pass pro skills coming out of Boise, but he wasnt a great run blocker. You obviously dont know much about the Steelers and are just going off of stats from NFL.com.

Basically, Keisel will play the B gap inside of Clady and Harrison outside Clady. Harrison has the quickness, strength and leverage that few have in the NFL and while he may be held without a sack, I think you will see him occupy Clady and probably draw a holding call or 2. If Clady negates Harrison in the pass rush, but Harrison stuffs Clady in the run, its advantage Steelers.

As for Woodley, he doesnt have the rush technique of Suggs. Suggs is a speed guy that likes to get the edge and a tall rangy guy like Polumbus at 6'8" 300 lbs can shed him. Woodley is built like a fire hydrant and likes to bull rush guys into the backfield, then shed them while near the QB. Polumbus is the perfect OT for Woodley to face....a tall guy that is barely 300lbs. :thumbsup:

Somehow that porus O line of the Steelers kept Jared Allen sackless.....I think they can handle Dumerville. What you should really be concerned about is the Steeler porus O line is big. Starks 345lbs, Kemoeatu, 344lbs, Essex 324lbs....the lightest guy on the line is Hartwig and he handles NT's like Shaun Rogers very well. I expect our O line to run the ball well.

No I don't know much about the Steelers, the same as you with Denver.

If Woodley was a match-up nightmare he would have more then 2 sacks.

Held Allen sackless??? maybe you doubled/tripled him, that D kept you quiet though.

The fact is we have allowed ONE 100 yard rusher this season, have the #1 D and your running game and OL are ranked very low.

I'm not disputing that our O will struggle but if you think your O will have success then you're in for a big surprise.

Our D shut down Cincy in Cincy for 58 minutes, we held Dallas and NE to 10 and 17 points with 0 and 0 in the 2nd half.

We went into Baltimore and held them to 3 FG's for 55 minutes even though they were constantly put in a bad position.

Denver, at home, on MNF, will be all over your O.

fansince'76
11-03-2009, 01:57 PM

Do you understand situational football at all?

Raynestorm
11-03-2009, 01:57 PM
We're coming off a bye week.

The big battle is between Orton and our D. I don't know that he's ready for it. We'll find out though.

Mile High 24
11-03-2009, 01:58 PM
Well it should be a good game anyway.

For the person who said you would win 7-8 times in Denver?!! LOL, we are undefeated at home.

btw - The mistake you, and alot of so called experts make in being surprised at Denver and waiting for them to implode is that you don't really know the team.

A sieve last year??? Thats right nut don't you realise we have 8 OUT OF 11 new starters on D this year.

We have got Champ back healthy this season, Goodman was playing at a pro bowl level with Miami last year. Dawkins is our MVP this season and a top safety.

DJ and Davis inside are tackling machines.

DOOM has 10 sacks and is finally playing at his best position.

We got NT Holliday from the Dolphins who's playing really well for us.

On top of that we have Nolan running the show who is a great DC.

This years D resembles NOTHING of last year and these 'experts' don't seem to understand that.

Along with our OL, WR's and Buck/Moreno its not a surprise to Denver fans that we have started well.

We weren't sure how Orton would do but he looks great under QB guru McD and a recent poll had him ranked as #4 in the MVP votes.

Mile High 24
11-03-2009, 01:59 PM
Do you understand situational football at all?

So he's a run stuffer? I wasn't the person predicting 2-3 sacks for him.

fansince'76
11-03-2009, 02:00 PM
Well it should be a good game anyway.

For the person who said you would win 7-8 times in Denver?!! LOL, we are undefeated at home.

btw - The mistake you, and alot of so called experts make in being surprised at Denver and waiting for them to implode is that you don't really know the team.

A sieve last year??? Thats right nut don't you realise we have 8 OUT OF 11 new starters on D this year.

We have got Champ back healthy this season, Goodman was playing at a pro bowl level with Miami last year. Dawkins is our MVP this season and a top safety.

DJ and Davis inside are tackling machines.

DOOM has 10 sacks and is finally playing at his best position.

We got NT Holliday from the Dolphins who's playing really well for us.

On top of that we have Nolan running the show who is a great DC.

This years D resembles NOTHING of last year and these 'experts' don't seem to understand that.

Along with our OL, WR's and Buck/Moreno its not a surprise to Denver fans that we have started well.

We weren't sure how Orton would do but he looks great under QB guru McD and a recent poll had him ranked as #4 in the MVP votes.

....and are coming off a 30-7 thumping. Keep pounding that chest, buddy. :coffee:

Dino 6 Rings
11-03-2009, 02:01 PM
You keep saying you let up 2 late touchdowns against the Ravens...but that's not true...the Ravens scored a TD at the 13:13 point in the 4th to go up 23-7. That pretty much sealed the game with still 13 minutes left. The next Ravens TD came at the 2:04 point. But they were already up on the Broncos by 3 scores at that point (2 if you count potential 2 point conversions with 2 TDs)

Still....the Ravens pretty much beat the snot out of the Broncos from the start of the game and the only reason they didn't score more points is because their Red Zone offense isn't very good.

Mile High 24
11-03-2009, 02:02 PM
We're coming off a bye week.

The big battle is between Orton and our D. I don't know that he's ready for it. We'll find out though.

The bye week is dangerous.

SF came out flat gainst Atlanta and got spanked at home.

We played SD who had a bye and came out flat.

We then came out flat against Balt. after our bye.

The Ravens played well after a bye but they were at home, we had to fly across the country as you guys will.

Mile High 24
11-03-2009, 02:03 PM
....and are coming off a 30-7 thumping. Keep pounding that chest, buddy. :coffee:

Yeah, we're 6-1, how shameful.

Indo
11-03-2009, 02:04 PM

We're 6-1, too

6 Lombardis
1 SB loss

fansince'76
11-03-2009, 02:05 PM
So he's a run stuffer? I wasn't the person predicting 2-3 sacks for him.

Nevermind, you obviously don't. If you did, you'd know his lack of sacks is due more to dropping back into coverage more often due to Polamalu's injury. But keep thinking he's nothing to worry about.

Mile High 24
11-03-2009, 02:05 PM
You keep saying you let up 2 late touchdowns against the Ravens...but that's not true...the Ravens scored a TD at the 13:13 point in the 4th to go up 23-7. That pretty much sealed the game with still 13 minutes left. The next Ravens TD came at the 2:04 point. But they were already up on the Broncos by 3 scores at that point (2 if you count potential 2 point conversions with 2 TDs)

Still....the Ravens pretty much beat the snot out of the Broncos from the start of the game and the only reason they didn't score more points is because their Red Zone offense isn't very good.

One TD wasn't as late as I thought but my point about 3 quarters is the same.

Yeah, the Ravens played alot better then we did last week, no argument here, I don't expect us to play that badly again.

fansince'76
11-03-2009, 02:06 PM

Here, have the "mideseason champion" trophy. :cookie:

Mile High 24
11-03-2009, 02:06 PM
We're 6-1, too

6 Lombardis
1 SB loss

LOL, I meant this year, not 30 years ago.

Mile High 24
11-03-2009, 02:07 PM
Nevermind, you obviously don't. If you did, you'd know his lack of sacks is due more to dropping back into coverage more often due to Polamalu's injury. But keep thinking he's nothing to worry about.

Why would I know how a Steelers LB has been playing this year and his in-game situations?

fansince'76
11-03-2009, 02:08 PM

Uh, we just won it all last year, guy. :coffee:

UF-Steeler
11-03-2009, 02:09 PM

Lol, you're super dense. Not like we won the superbowl last year or anything.

Grats on being 6-1. You'll be 6-2 real soon.

fansince'76
Why would I know how a Steelers LB has been playing this year and his in-game situations?

Exactly, so why do you profess to be such an authority about how effective he'll be?

Mile High 24
Here, have the "mideseason champion" trophy. :cookie:

Well you based your opinion down to ONE game which is even worse.

Anyway, even though all the talk here is playoffs you are in a 3 way tie for the division and have to make sure you get there first. We have a 2 game lead in ours and have won IN SD

fansince'76
11-03-2009, 02:11 PM
Well you based your opinion down to ONE game which is even worse.

Anyway, even though all the talk here is playoffs you are in a 3 way tie for the division and have to make sure you get there first. We have a 2 game lead in ours and have won IN SD

You had a 3-game lead in the AFCW late last year too. What happened there?

Mile High 24
11-03-2009, 02:19 PM
fansince - I know you won it last year but most of your wins were around the 70's.

Also, its irrelevant to this year, you don't look the same as last year IMO.

Regarding Woodley, I was responding to someone who said he will have 2-3 sacks on Monday which is pretty unlikely.

As for the 3 game lead jibe, it proves my point that you, and most ppl, are looking at this team like last years when its completely different.

We had no D last year and a TO machine in Cutler.

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-03-2009, 02:21 PM
No I don't know much about the Steelers, the same as you with Denver.

Held Allen sackless??? maybe you doubled/tripled him, that D kept you quiet though.

Sorry, but I have NFL Sunday Ticket and a DVR. I watched and recorded Denver vs. BAL, CIN, NE, SD. I have seen Broncos games this season and while they are better than last year, I still see a lot talent gaps, but they are just managing to win.

Woodley has had some good matchups, but the matchup nightmare is that he gets a 2nd year pro from Colorado that is tall and light. Polumbus is a classic zone block OT, but not a mauler.

No double or triple teams....Max Starks trains with Jared Allen in the offseason and for the most part steererd him wide, then when Allen countered inside, 344lb Chris Kemoateu was there waiting. Vikings have possibly the best D-line in the NFL and the Steelers ran for over 100 yards. I still dont know how the Broncos front 3 is doing anything, but they must have a good d-line coach.

Mile High 24
11-03-2009, 02:24 PM
Sorry, but I have NFL Sunday Ticket and a DVR. I watched and recorded Denver vs. BAL, CIN, NE, SD. I have seen Broncos games this season and while they are better than last year, I still see a lot talent gaps, but they are just managing to win.

Woodley has had some good matchups, but the matchup nightmare is that he gets a 2nd year pro from Colorado that is tall and light. Polumbus is a classic zone block OT, but not a mauler.

No double or triple teams....Max Starks trains with Jared Allen in the offseason and for the most part steererd him wide, then when Allen countered inside, 344lb Chris Kemoateu was there waiting. Vikings have possibly the best D-line in the NFL and the Steelers ran for over 100 yards. I still dont know how the Broncos front 3 is doing anything, but they must have a good d-line coach.

because we have Holliday who was a top NT with Miami last year and is an important player for us.

Alot of talent gaps LOL, lets him them then..................................

We have won some close games because we have played alot of top teams already

fansince'76
11-03-2009, 02:25 PM
As for the 3 game lead jibe, it proves my point that you, and most ppl, are looking at this team like last years when its completely different.

We had no D last year and a TO machine in Cutler.

You started 7-2 in 2006 and wound up 9-7 and out of the playoffs that year as well. My point? Don't count your chickens before they hatch - I wasn't the one talking playoffs already.

wootawnee
11-03-2009, 02:26 PM
Hi, I thought I would check out the boards for this week and give an overview of what we are doing this year.

It was a little dissapointing last week but I was always worried about coming off a bye and flying across country, we just never came to play and the Ravens were much the better team.

The D played fantastic again holding the Ravens to 3 FG's at home even though they kept getting put back on the field. We let up 2 TD's right at the end of the game but by then the D was worn out and a couple of players from the backfield had gone out so i'm not too worried about that.

The O was very poor, I have heard some say that Orton and McD were too safe and didn't challenge them deep but they obviously didn't see the game. It was lost because their DL dominated our OL which meant they could drop ppl deep into coverage and take away our deep ball and Orton didn't get any time to throw. I don't know why the OL dropped off so much this game, just a horrible day all round lol.

The ST's were poor as well but that was unusual as well.

Lets start with the D. Last year it was a joke and alot of the personnel are now out of the league completely, it was THAT bad. Shanahan was a major bust on D picks and our old DC Slowik was AWFUL (Shanahan was going to keep him on as well which helped with his firing)

We brought in Nolan who had success coaching on the Ravens 2000 D and he changed us to a 3-4, we then brang in personnel to fit the D. The backfield looks really good and experienced.

CB - Bailey - Healthy and playing lights out this year.
CB - Goodman - A huge upgrade over Dre Bly.
S - Renaldo Hill - Another from Miami who calls our backfield plays and has great range.
S - Dawkins - Our MVP so far, he has given us SOOO much fire, leadership and intensity that we have missed it has made a HUGE difference, he's also playing very well and doesn't look like he's lost anything.

We moved our pass rusher Dumerville to OLB in the 3-4 where he creates mismatches and knows how to get after the QB, DJ Williams and Andre Davis are run tackling machines on the inside and Haggans doing well.

Fields and Holliday are doing terrific on the NT position as well.

Nolan knows how to make halftime adjustments and the points we have given up in the second half are as follows.

CIN - 7
OAK - 3
CLE - 0
DAL - 0
NE - 0
SD - 3
BAL - 14 (On D) - 7 (On ST's)

On O we still have our top OL, good WR core, Moreno and Buck working well and McD is making Orton a really good QB who has not only just thrown one pick (end of half hail mary) but has thrown for over 300 against NE with TD drives of 90 and 98 and is improving all the time and recently outplayed Rivers.

We LOVE McD, we practice hard and have a new gameplan every week, it came out that Belicheck taught him the HC role last year and he is doing well. As he says 'The most important game is the next one'

Our MVP so far -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mk1LiAvJuT4

So lets hear about the Steelers.

Sorry to Burst your 6 Game win buble, but pop...........You won 6 games....BFD......All new systems seem to do well untill they are figured out.....And you got pinned Sunday..........Don't be shining your whole teams shoes to everybody in the league......You gotta go and try to make them better,cause ....they just got stepped on Sunday, and I am sure some of them got ruined.........You gotta win over a couple of seasons to gain merit around here, Look at Tennesee last year 13-3......Get the picture.......So you should fear your game this week cause a Pillar of strength is coming to town........Now go get that shine box.........

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-03-2009, 02:27 PM

OK, the Steelers have won 2 Super Bowls in the last 4 seasons.

Remember 4 years ago, when Ryan Clady was a sophmore at Boise St??? Now our D-Coordinator needs to move the defensive player of the year to his opposite side.........."if he has any sense" :rofl:

Hey, I give you guys credit that you are 6-1 when most thought otherwise. Heck, the Broncos fans were calling for McDaniels when he lost Cutler and Marshall was holding out. But I dont goto a Broncos site and say stupid things like ......."your O coordinator better not run at the Defensive Player of the Year, if he has any sense".

Sharkissle29
11-03-2009, 02:28 PM
broncos are 5-2 in my eyes, they got so lucky against the bengals its not even funny

aries4972
11-03-2009, 02:39 PM

..... nope more like 9 months ago

:tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02:.............. .....................:tt02:

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-03-2009, 02:39 PM
because we have Holliday who was a top NT with Miami last year and is an important player for us.

Alot of talent gaps LOL, lets him them then..................................

We have won some close games because we have played alot of top teams already
First since you are such a big Denver fan, let me tell you about your players.

1. Vonnie Holiday was not a NT in Miami, he played DE in their 3-4. Jason Ferguson was the NT. Vonnie Holiday has been a DE in all of his career, even in the 4-3 at Green Bay.

2. Andra Davis was a solid LB from Florida, but spent most of his career with the Browns....so we have seen him before and he isnt that impressive.

3. Ryan McBean was a 4th round Steeler draft pick that never made it as a DE and was cut from the Steelers after 2 seasons. We know him, but last saw him on a milk carton.

4.Ronald Fields is a reject from the 49ers at NT. Mario Haggan a castoff from the Bills at LT, Kenny Peterson is a good DE that played well at GB, but your D coach has them playing well, despite most of them being players who were not performers at their prior teams.

so the talent gaps I was talking about concern castoffs from other teams like Davis, McBean, Fields, Haggan, etc. with some veterans like Dawkins, Holiday for leadership and a couple premiere players like Bailey and Dumerville.

Mile High 24
11-03-2009, 02:40 PM
2006 - Still Shannys team.

All that matters is this year.

I'm not talking playoffs, long way to go, I was saying that you shouldn't base things off one game.

As for the Clady thing, I stated that I believe Harrison would have more success on the other side, which IMO is a no-brainer.

As for the Bengals, we got a lucky play at the end but played much better through the game and had chances to make it a 2 possession game but had a bad penalty and a stupid sack, I have seen numerous teams get lucky bounces.

Good teams win at the end, bad teams don't, thats the way it always goes

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-03-2009, 02:41 PM
broncos are 5-2 in my eyes, they got so lucky against the bengals its not even funny

Yeah and if you watched the SD game, the Chargers looked like San Jose St. Sad thing is if they could cover kicks............the Chargers would have won that game too.

fansince'76
11-03-2009, 02:45 PM
2006 - Still Shannys team.

Funny how quickly you dismiss Shanny - he's the best coach you've ever had - by a long shot. Whose bandwagon were you on last year?

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-03-2009, 02:46 PM
As for the Clady thing, I stated that I believe Harrison would have more success on the other side, which IMO is a no-brainer.

No, this is what you said.... " if your DC has any sense he will put him away from one of the top LT's and put him on Polumbus's side ".

Steeler fans 2nd guess the front office, Bruce Arians, Bill Cowher, Ben Roethlisberger, Willie Parker, Mike Tomlin, Jeff Reed, Jerome Bettis........but, not even Steeler fans 2nd guess Dick Lebeau.

I think he will give the 2nd year LT the respect that he is due. :toofunny:

Mile High 24
11-03-2009, 02:46 PM
Yeah and if you watched the SD game, the Chargers looked like San Jose St. Sad thing is if they could cover kicks............the Chargers would have won that game too.

LOL, damn you're right, take away 12 points from us and they win.

Take away the mistake from Warner at the end of the first half or the Cards blown coverage on Holmes then its a Cards win, you can always manipulate games.

You either win or you don't - bottom line

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-03-2009, 02:47 PM
Funny how quickly you dismiss Shanny - he's the best coach you've ever had - by a long shot. Whose bandwagon were you on last year?

Probably a Giants fan at the start of the season. Or maybe a Dolphins fan since they had the great Vonnie Holiday at NT?? :rofl:

Mile High 24
11-03-2009, 02:48 PM

Shanny done well but clearly we needed change after some average years. It was more of a surprise to other ppl when he was fired then it was to Denver fans.

My point was that under Shanny we always started fast and slowed as we had a poor D more often then not.

Mile High 24
11-03-2009, 02:49 PM
No, this is what you said.... " if your DC has any sense he will put him away from one of the top LT's and put him on Polumbus's side ".

Steeler fans 2nd guess the front office, Bruce Arians, Bill Cowher, Ben Roethlisberger, Willie Parker, Mike Tomlin, Jeff Reed, Jerome Bettis........but, not even Steeler fans 2nd guess Dick Lebeau.

I think he will give the 2nd year LT the respect that he is due. :toofunny:

So you don't think Harrison will move around at all then? Great news

Mile High 24
11-03-2009, 02:50 PM
Holliday played NT when Ferguson was on the sidelines and my point was that Holiday has played alot of NT for us.

Mile High 24
11-03-2009, 02:53 PM
and regarding some other players you trashed.

Haggan played a little last year and was awful, we thought he would be gone like most others were but he had a great TC and has played really well this season.

McBean has been very effective this season after Nolan and the DL coach from SD last year came in to work with him.

fansince'76
11-03-2009, 02:54 PM
Shanny done well but clearly we needed change after some average years. It was more of a surprise to other ppl when he was fired then it was to Denver fans.

Uh, I live in Denver and I know more than a few Broncos fans who were shocked when Shanahan was (quite unceremoniously) dumped. The local sports media didn't see it coming either. Most folks here thought Shanahan would be stripped of his GM duties (which should have happened years ago) and that Bowlen would hire a real GM and a new DC.

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-03-2009, 02:57 PM

Take away the mistake from Warner at the end of the first half or the Cards blown coverage on Holmes then its a Cards win, you can always manipulate games.

You are right that they dont ask how you won........but how many.

The problem is that you appear to be a broncos fan blinded by the 6-1 record and dont want to see that they played poorly against a SD team with a depleated D line and the Broncos looked mediocre.

Same too with a Patriots team that looked average like they did vs the Jets. The thing is that the Broncos are keeping things close and getting victories despite the flaws....which is good for you guys. Just don't be surprised if you lose to PIT, PHI, NYG, IND from here on out and continue to beat OAK, KC, SD, WAS. 11-5 might get a home playoff game and 1st round loss.

Mile High 24
11-03-2009, 02:59 PM
Uh, I live in Denver and I know more than a few Broncos fans who were shocked when Shanahan was (quite unceremoniously) dumped. The local sports media didn't see it coming either.

Pitts fan from Denver, typical Steeler fan lol

If you were on our board in the offseason you would know how many ppl wanted shanny gone

fansince'76
11-03-2009, 03:01 PM
Pitts fan from Denver, typical Steeler fan lol

Uh, I am originally from McKeesport, PA. Funny that your IP address traces to the UK. I live in Denver and have Broncos news force fed to me - and I stand by the assertion that nobody saw it coming.

Mile High 24
11-03-2009, 03:01 PM
You are right that they dont ask how you won........but how many.

The problem is that you appear to be a broncos fan blinded by the 6-1 record and dont want to see that they played poorly against a SD team with a depleated D line and the Broncos looked mediocre.

Same too with a Patriots team that looked average like they did vs the Jets. The thing is that the Broncos are keeping things close and getting victories despite the flaws....which is good for you guys. Just don't be surprised if you lose to PIT, PHI, NYG, IND from here on out and continue to beat OAK, KC, SD, WAS. 11-5 might get a home playoff game and 1st round loss.

So we beat Cincy, NE, DAL and SD then we suddenly implode? LOL ok........

We played well against SD, the D done a great job, the O made plays when they had to and Royal returned a kick and a punt, not sure what game you were watching

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-03-2009, 03:02 PM
So you don't think Harrison will move around at all then? Great news

I was responding to your original assertion:

Originally Posted by Mile High 24

when you actually said this: " if your DC has any sense he will put him away from one of the top LT's and put him on Polumbus's side ".

nice attempt to divert attention from the fact that you know very little about NFL football, but have enough knowledge to question the sense of Dick Lebeau. :wave:

Shoes
11-03-2009, 03:05 PM

We played well against SD, the D done a great job, the O made plays when they had to and Royal returned a kick and a punt, not sure what game you were watching

Folks like you pop their head out of the sand all the time.....then never return after the game. :coffee:

Nadroj 20
11-03-2009, 03:05 PM

Umm what game were you watching?

Denver didnt play the best in that game, if that is the best then Denver better prepare to get the crap beat out of them next monday.

Mile High 24
11-03-2009, 03:09 PM
Uh, I am originally from McKeesport, PA. Funny that your IP address traces to the UK. I live in Denver and have Broncos news force fed to me - and I stand by the assertion that nobody saw it coming.

I'm not saying that we thought he would be fired, just that it wasn't a complete surprise.

If you had been on our board after last season you would know how many wanted him gone

Mile High 24
11-03-2009, 03:12 PM
Umm what game were you watching?

Denver didnt play the best in that game, if that is the best then Denver better prepare to get the crap beat out of them next monday.

Did I say we played the best we could possibly play? ppl here sure know how to twist things.

I said we played pretty well, and we did.

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-03-2009, 03:12 PM

Cincy and you guys looked terrible in week 1. The fact they lost to Houston and beat Baltimore and Cleveland by only 3 points shows they are erratic.

Dallas has been all over the place too, almost losing to KC. The Pats too almost lost to Buffalo, did lose to the Jets and looked flat playing the Broncos.

If you think SD game was a dominant performance instead of a team that found a way to win against a Chargers team that was playing terrible, then good for you. I watched it and thought the Chargers were just inept in the red zone, but moved the ball well against the Broncos.

fansince'76
11-03-2009, 03:13 PM
If you had been on our board after last season you would know how many wanted him gone

Anyone on your "board" mention how the locals were ready to hang McDaniels in effigy when the Broncos traded Cutler, or how Orton got booed at an intra-squad scrimmage during training camp?

Nadroj 20
11-03-2009, 03:13 PM
Did I say we played the best we could possibly play? ppl here sure know how to twist things.

LOL i didnt twist your words....you were correcting someone by saying you played well, and IMO you didnt. :coffee:

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-03-2009, 03:18 PM

No, you actually are doing quite well at twisting things. You stated that Dick Lebeau should move James Harrison away from 2nd year OT Ryan Clady "if he had any sense". Then tried to back track.

On paper, the Steelers have much better overall players on offensive and defensive lines. Ben Roethlisberger to Ward, Holmes, Miller, Wallace is much more of a threat than Orton to Marshall, Royal, Graham, Stokley, but the game is played on grass and the Steelers could very easily lose the turnover battle or special teams battle and lose.

Enjoy your crumpets with the game. Should be fun to watch.

Mile High 24
11-03-2009, 03:20 PM
fans here just seem arrogant, I came in to chat about football.

Even SD fans said we were the better team so your point is pointless.

steelerzfannforever
11-03-2009, 03:20 PM

Last I checked we are the reigning champs, and we have won 2 of the last 4 Superbowls! I guess you didnt do well in math.

pancake
11-03-2009, 03:22 PM
I have said all year that Denver is winning with smoke and mirrors, we will see first hand Monday night.

Shoes
11-03-2009, 03:22 PM
No, you actually are doing quite well at twisting things. You stated that Dick Lebeau should move James Harrison away from 2nd year OT Ryan Clady "if he had any sense". Then tried to back track.

On paper, the Steelers have much better overall players on offensive and defensive lines. Ben Roethlisberger to Ward, Holmes, Miller, Wallace is much more of a threat than Orton to Marshall, Royal, Graham, Stokley, but the game is played on grass and the Steelers could very easily lose the turnover battle or special teams battle and lose.

Won't hear from him after Monday night El :chuckle:

Mile High 24
11-03-2009, 03:24 PM

Joker.

Everyone here thinks there team is just sooooooo much better then everyone else, even though you have lost twice already.

THIS YEAR you hardly look like a playoff team.

fansince'76
11-03-2009, 03:27 PM
Joker.

Everyone here thinks there team is just sooooooo much better then everyone else, even though you have lost twice already.

You're the one who came here thumping your chest.

Mile High 24
11-03-2009, 03:29 PM
You're the one who came here thumping your chest.

I came here and described what we have done well so far and asked for the same from you guys.

All I get is how lucky we are and how we will crash because we lost one game.

A bit of a dissapointment to be honest.

SteelMember
11-03-2009, 03:31 PM

You need to stop with this. Of all the possible adjustments LeBeau could possibly make, moving Harrison to the other side is the least probable. It simply won't happen.

See, the thing is LeBeau could tell Harrison to attack your "wall" Clady all day long. Which he will relentlessly do, but once you get your head locked into that one-on-one battle, there will be someone else who gets past to pressure your QB. This defense isn't based on one mans sacks. The pressure can come from anywhere, and we have plenty of talent at those "other" positions.

Be happy with your mid-season #1 defense, but if there's anyone out there who can give you a lesson of what a 3-4 zone blitz defense can do, Mr. Lebeau will be happy to oblige. :drink:

steelerzfannforever
11-03-2009, 03:33 PM
Joker.

Considering we are the champs I guess we have that right! However, we realize that our team has problems just like all teams do. Noone on this board is acting arrogant as you have stated, we are just stating facts that you seem not to handle to well. Either one of these teams can win Monday night, the fact is you came here thumping your chest at how good your Donkeys are, but when we talk about the Steelers and how good they are and can be, you continually boost up your Donkeys!! If you cant take the heat, get out of the fire!

steelerchad
11-03-2009, 03:36 PM
It really doesn't matter what time frame you look at. If you're talking about winning football, you can look at last year alone. And the Steelers are on top. You can look at a 5 year history, and they'll be on top. 15 year history (the Cowher era) and they'll be on top. 40 year history (superbowl era) and they'll be on top. If you compared the Steelers compiled records vs. the rest of the teams in the league, they would be #1 in each of the 4 rankings. That's consistency and tradition, which we clearly have.
If you want to talk about this year alone that's great. Your 6-1 and we're 5-2. Monday night's our chance to even up the records and own the tie-breaker. If you have to come to Pittsburgh for a playoff game, I wouldn't be liking your chances much. Money QB's win money games and we've got one and you don't. End of story.

MACH1
11-03-2009, 03:36 PM
It's going to come down to the QB's. Which one has more escapability, who is the better at keeping a play alive or improvising. Who would you rather have in those situations, Orten or Ben.

I know who I'd take.

Mile High 24
11-03-2009, 03:47 PM
LOL, right...well.....good luck

UF-Steeler
11-03-2009, 03:50 PM
Wow, my post must've been so offensive.... lol

pancake
11-03-2009, 03:50 PM
I think Orten will continue to get exposed like he was in chicago. I still think SD wins the AFC west...

Dino 6 Rings
11-03-2009, 03:59 PM
I think our Offense is going to win the game. I believe the Steelers will be able to move the ball on the Broncos and that the Broncos won't be able to really move the ball (except on 2 drives which is standard) against the Steelers. I like the Broncos to get maybe 17 points, but I also like the Steelers for 30.

So that's what I think will happen. Steelers 30, Broncos 17. I like our running game coming around to form to be able to bully your Dline and once a safety starts dropping into the box I like our WRs on your Safeties to expose you deep.

That's football talk...

Now for the smack...

We are going to rip our your hearts and eat them on the sidelines like apples!!!

SteelerEmpire
11-03-2009, 04:02 PM
I don' t know.... there were a LOT of Denver fans dissing the Terrible Towel on NFL.com the other day.... :tt03:

fansince'76
11-03-2009, 04:08 PM
http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=155496

jesus i was gonna say the same thing. you go over to other peoples baords and cant even spell the name of the best rusher in the game....cmon. DUMERVIL. dont spell it like its a city

:toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

stlrtruck
11-03-2009, 04:10 PM

Yeah, we wouldn't want to admit that maybe the Steelers defense did their job that game and made plays when they were suppose to. It was all Favre being careless! :doh:

Denver is where they are because they have played good football. However, blaming this last loss on the travel, is the most absurd thing I've heard a fan whine about in a long time.

Denver doesn't impress that much. Seeing how they barely beat the bungals (yes I know we lost to them), choked against the ratbirds, and now they're facing a similar style defense but with threats in different places. While playing the ratbirds will prepare the team for the same physicality, it can not prepare you for the likes of Polamalu, Harrison, Clark (should he play), Woodley, Hampton. And while it can prepare you for Mendenhall, Flacco is not Big Ben and the WR corp of the Steelers is significantly better than that of the ratbirds. I would also exclaim that the vikings offense and defense are better than that of anything assimilated denver.

But hey thanks for chiming in, here's to a good game :drink: and no injuries :thumbsup:

Dino 6 Rings
11-03-2009, 04:11 PM
For the Record, I wasn't Flaming

stlrtruck
11-03-2009, 04:15 PM
And what's up with the freaking whining back on your own board?

Are you the waste product of TIMMAH or something?

MasterOfPuppets
11-03-2009, 04:19 PM
i guess this douchebag thinks we should just agree with what he says and say denver is a better team.... get real goober... sorry if the fans of THE REIGNING SUPERBOWL CHAMPS, aren't yet buying into a team that didn't make the playoffs last year.

Indo
11-03-2009, 04:26 PM
Their board indicates that his location (Bronx_2003= Mile High 24) is in Hampshire, England...hmmmmm.

He comes here thumping his chest saying that our DC should move Harrison to the other side, if he knows what he's doing (I'm paraphrasing) :rofl:

And then, when smack is talked here, he goes back there and whines about it?

Is this guy Tom Brady in disguise?

Denver=Better
11-03-2009, 04:34 PM
Mile High 24, don't waste your team with Steeler fans. They are delusional if they think they are coming in to Denver and walking out with a win, it's not going to happen. We're just a better team across the board, better coaching, better WRs, better defense, better STs (Eddie Royal >)...I mean, come on homers... put down the koolaid and face reality.

revefsreleets
11-03-2009, 04:37 PM
Mile High 24, don't waste your team with Steeler fans. They are delusional if they think they are coming in to Denver and walking out with a win, it's not going to happen. We're just a better team across the board, better coaching, better WRs, better defense, better STs (Eddie Royal >)...I mean, come on homers... put down the koolaid and face reality.

LOL

THIS is ultimately why I stay on this board. You never know when a gem like THIS will pop up...:toofunny:

HometownGal
11-03-2009, 04:39 PM

First and foremost - welcome to the board! :wave: :drink:

While you are correct that the Steelers D is looking more like their Super Bowl winning D of last season, I think you might need to do your homework a little better on the Steelers O. :nono: :wink: Ben has been on fire all season thus far and has 4 very potent weapons (Ward, Holmes, Wallace and Miller) to utilize. Granted, our running game isn't quiet yet up to par, but the O scheme isn't all about the run anymore and is showcasing Ben's talents as a QB and a leader. Last but not least, our OL looks like they're finally beginning to gel as a unit which is a huge plus for Ben and hopefully one day soon, a more proficient running attack.

Here's to an injury free game on Monday night. :drink:

Fire Haley
11-03-2009, 04:42 PM
LOL

THIS is ultimately why I stay on this board. You never know when a gem like THIS will pop up...

They all come in smiling and waving - then leave broken and dejected, like those smelly Vikes fans.

Hotrodder07
11-03-2009, 04:46 PM

Wow. Let's just go in order with this one.

Better coaches? We have a superbowl champion head coach, and a future-hall of fame defensive coordinator. Better WRs? We have 2 superbowl MVPs, and our rookie WR is leading all other rookies in yards. We also have one of the best TEs in the league. A better defense? We've had the #1 defense in the league the last few years. Our defense had dropped a little when Polamalu went out. But, we've picked it up since then. I'll give you the better STs, but your punter is Mitch Berger now, so that one is close.

Think what you want, but I believe we have the better overall team.

Dino 6 Rings
11-03-2009, 04:47 PM

COMEDY GOLD!!!

HA HA HA HA!

Better across the board? Like at the QB position?

Or maybe at the WR position where we have not 1, but TWO Super Bowl MVPs! HA HA HA HA!

Oh wait...no wait...your Linebackers...so much better!

And your secondary...oh yeah...Your safeties are so better than Troy...

No no stop me if you heard this...Hampton...he's no good on the DL.

HometownGal
11-03-2009, 04:50 PM

Two names . . .

Ben Roethlisberger - 2 time Super Bowl Champion

Kyle Orton :laughing: :rofl: :laughing:

Better coaching? OMFG - :toofunny::toofunny::toofunny: And McDaniels has won how many Super Bowls?

It's quite obvious you are a :troll: who lost his :binky: Not to fret, Junior - I'll find it for ya in time for bed time on Monday night. I have the feeling you're going to need it.

Before I boot your pompous ass outta here, I have one question for you. Too bad for you that you won't be able to answer it but I'll ask anyway. Did you even know that Denver had a football team before this season? Don't get too comfy on that bandwagon, ya hear? :point:

NEPAsteeler
11-03-2009, 04:59 PM
I love when we play in these "big" games. It brings all the bandwagoners of the other team out and we all get a nice big laugh in the end at their expense.

NEPAsteeler
11-03-2009, 05:00 PM
COMEDY GOLD!!!

HA HA HA HA!

Better across the board? Like at the QB position?

Or maybe at the WR position where we have not 1, but TWO Super Bowl MVPs! HA HA HA HA!

Oh wait...no wait...your Linebackers...so much better!

And your secondary...oh yeah...Your safeties are so better than Troy...

No no stop me if you heard this...Hampton...he's no good on the DL.

Our team sucks, don't you know that? :chuckle:

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-03-2009, 05:01 PM
Joker.

See, now this is just uneducated stupidity. Defending champs at 5-2 dont look like a playoff team. :rofl:

I said on paper we have much more talent and that stands to reason when any new coach comes in and needs free agents until he can draft his guys. I also said the game is played on turf, not paper and the Broncos could easily win the special teams, turnover battle and win the game.

You are just a bandwagon jumping fan that believes Kyle Orton to Brandon Marshall is some kind of lethal pass tandem....or that Andra Davis is a run stopping machine, or better yet, that 285 lb Vonnie Holiday is a NT. :rofl: If you knew anything about Defensive line, then you would know that is even light for a 3-technique DT.

Again, pip-pip and cheeri-o. Like Steve Perry said......."dont stop believin".

GridironWarrior
11-03-2009, 05:03 PM
I was hoping this guy would have lasted a few days. This would have been fun to watch.

SteelMember
11-03-2009, 05:05 PM
Again, pip-pip and cheeri-o. Like Steve Perry said......."dont stop believin".

Don't forget the spotted dick. :chuckle:

I was hoping this guy would have lasted a few days. This would have been fun to watch.

It was just getting interesting wasn't it. :popcorn:

HometownGal
11-03-2009, 05:06 PM

Nahhhh. It was much more fun taking him out of his own misery . . . and ours. :drink:

HometownGal
11-03-2009, 05:07 PM
Again, pip-pip and cheeri-o.

Egads. :horror: For a minute there, I got flashbacks of Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigel. :yuck: :chuckle:

fansince'76
11-03-2009, 05:08 PM
Don't forget the spotted dick. :chuckle:

He did vaguely remind me of someone....

NM

:chuckle:

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-03-2009, 05:09 PM

He is still around. Fun to have trolls every once and a while........but I honestly like the Ravens, Browns, Chargers, Cowboy fans from last year. At least they knew a little bit of football and didnt think Andra Davis is a run stuffing machine. :chuckle:

HometownGal
11-03-2009, 05:14 PM
He did vaguely remind me of someone....

NM

:chuckle:

It's a bird . . .

It's a plane . . .

It's a . . . .

Pigs really DO FLY! :pig:

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h218/n_mckeown/2072.jpg

Crow-Magnon
11-03-2009, 05:15 PM

You know what? You may dislike the Steelers, who Denver plays once in a blue moon. I frickin' despise them, just as I do Cleveland and Cincinnati, as they are division opponents my team faces twice a year (sometimes three times a year).

Up until 1:00 PM EST last Sunday I was willing to give the Broncos the benefit of the doubt with their 6-0 record. I knew the Ravens needed to win...HAD to win, in order to keep pace with the Bengals and Steelers (both on byes). I also knew that as of their last game against the Vikes, Baltimore's defense had slipped, both against the pass and <gasp!> finally, against the run. I just knew that the Broncos were going to attack Baltimore's supposedly weak secondary and try to establish a good rushing attack to set up that passing game.

But Jarret Johnson said "eff that!" on the first play of the game when he piledrived Orton into the turf. And if it hadn't been for yet another bogus late interference call that set the Broncos up for a TD, the score should have been 30-0. Actually, you're lucky it wasn't 37-0, as there were at least two potential picks that were dropped that could have been taken to the house for six.

As far as "good coaching" is concerned, the score was 6-0 at the half, at which time both teams went to the locker room to make adjustments. Harbaugh and his staff made 'em, McDaniels and his staff did........what?

Listen, I hope Denver beats the Steelers in MNF, as the Ravens would benefit greatly. But I gotta tell ya, after Sunday's debacle at M&T Bank, I ain't hopeful. Baltimore exposed you, and Pittsburgh is going to use that knowledge to shame you on national TV.

Sad? Yes. True. I'm willing to bet yes, no matter how much I may wish the outcome to be otherwise.

Indo
11-03-2009, 05:17 PM
Dammit HTG!

Your trigger finger is gettin' a little too itchy!

Let us have some fun before ya kill them! :dualies:

Preacher
11-03-2009, 05:19 PM
What Denver probably HASN'T Seen, is a TE like we have.

Possibly the TOP blocking TE in the NFL, and ALSO one of the top receivers for TE's in the NFL. He simply does NOT drop the football.

The extra focus that it will take to stop him, will pull someone out of coverage. If you are playing zone, We have two receivers that can stretch that zone in a matter of seconds, and then a TE and receiver that both have uncanny abilities for finding seems in the underneath zone.

If you are playing man, I take a man to man matchup against Heath Miller, Holmes, Ward, anyday. They have all learned how to play PHYSICAL football.

On top of that, this isn't last year's O line. Ben will have 3-4 seconds on every pass play but 2 or 3. That much time simply kills teams.

Hopefully willie is healthy enough he doesn't have to wear that stupid steel shoe this game. That would mean you have to be ready for two VERY different run styles. One is a guy that hits and spins, hit and spins, so you have plant and set up for a nice form tackle so he can't get away from you. However, if Willie is out there, it is shear speed.

On D, I don't care who lines up against who. We have the best 3-4 linebacking core in the NFL. Harrison, Timmons, Woodley, Farrior are all fast, strong, and football intelligent.

The only place where i see a weakness exploited is at free-safety. If Clark doesn't play, that hurts us. However, Carter is a much better FS than a SS, so the let down won't be as much.

All in all, I think this game is going to come to two matchups. Ben versus Orton. On that matchup, I take Ben any day and twice on Sunday (or monday as the case may be). The other is field position. We had your punter last year. Trust me. I take Sep. over Berger as well.

Preacher
11-03-2009, 05:23 PM

That's because you were probably the better team. Now, you are playing against last year's SB team that is just starting to hit its stride on offense and defense, just as the weather turns cold.

That spells danger to the rest of the NFL.

SteelCityMom
11-03-2009, 05:30 PM

What did you expect coming to another teams board and beating your chest about defensive mismatches, porous OL's and weak WR's? All after admitting that you haven't watched very much Steelers football....just quoting stats. Did you think that the fans here would just concede and say "yeah, Denver is better and we'll probably lose (if they don't second guess Dick Lebeau and switch Harrison to RT), we might as well just hope the Steelers stay home and forgo the obvious beating they're going to take"?

I'll let you in on a little secret...stats don't win games, players do...so get ready for a game on Monday night cause the Steelers are gonna bring it.

Preacher
11-03-2009, 05:45 PM
What did you expect coming to another teams board and beating your chest about defensive mismatches, porous OL's and weak WR's? All after admitting that you haven't watched very much Steelers football....just quoting stats. Did you think that the fans here would just concede and say "yeah, Denver is better and we'll probably lose (if they don't second guess Dick Lebeau and switch Harrison to RT), we might as well just hope the Steelers stay home and forgo the obvious beating they're going to take"?

I'll let you in on a little secret...stats don't win games, players do...so get ready for a game on Monday night cause the Steelers are gonna bring it.

Yep. I think maybe he did expect that.

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-03-2009, 05:45 PM
You know what? You may dislike the Steelers, who Denver plays once in a blue moon. I frickin' despise them, just as I do Cleveland and Cincinnati, as they are division opponents my team faces twice a year (sometimes three times a year).

Up until 1:00 PM EST last Sunday I was willing to give the Broncos the benefit of the doubt with their 6-0 record. I knew the Ravens needed to win...HAD to win, in order to keep pace with the Bengals and Steelers (both on byes). I also knew that as of their last game against the Vikes, Baltimore's defense had slipped, both against the pass and <gasp!> finally, against the run. I just knew that the Broncos were going to attack Baltimore's supposedly weak secondary and try to establish a good rushing attack to set up that passing game.

But Jarret Johnson said "eff that!" on the first play of the game when he piledrived Orton into the turf. And if it hadn't been for yet another bogus late interference call that set the Broncos up for a TD, the score should have been 30-0. Actually, you're lucky it wasn't 37-0, as there were at least two potential picks that were dropped that could have been taken to the house for six.

As far as "good coaching" is concerned, the score was 6-0 at the half, at which time both teams went to the locker room to make adjustments. Harbaugh and his staff made 'em, McDaniels and his staff did........what?

Listen, I hope Denver beats the Steelers in MNF, as the Ravens would benefit greatly. But I gotta tell ya, after Sunday's debacle at M&T Bank, I ain't hopeful. Baltimore exposed you, and Pittsburgh is going to use that knowledge to shame you on national TV.

Sad? Yes. True. I'm willing to bet yes, no matter how much I may wish the outcome to be otherwise.

THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!!!! EDUCATED FOOTBALL FANS!!!!! :banana:

This Denver troll thinks that we should be scared of Kyle Orton, the Denver O line and that great defense of Andra Davis, DJ Williams, McBean, Peterson, Dumervil,??? I mean, we see Lewis, Ngata, Suggs, Reed, 2X a year and now Flacco, Rice, McLain have possibly a top 3 O line in front of them with Gathier, Grubbs, Oher, Birk.

The one thing that might catch the Steelers too is looking ahead to a big div game with Cincy on a short week.

Nadroj 20
11-03-2009, 05:48 PM

:sign07:

Preacher
11-03-2009, 05:48 PM

So THAT's why we keep you around! :wink02:

Seriously good post... and nice way of supporting the steelers without complimenting them ... exactly like a rival should!

Crow-Magnon
11-03-2009, 05:50 PM
So THAT's why we keep you around! :wink02:

Seriously good post... and nice way of supporting the steelers without complimenting them ... exactly like a rival should!

I think you got that backwards. I complimented them without supporting them. :flap:

Denver and AFCN football ain't a good match. I guess they forgot Wildcard Sunday in the 2000 season.

solardave
11-03-2009, 05:52 PM
Thanks

Take it from us Steeler fans. Berger is rusted solid. If he steps up we'll block the punt. Even then it'll probably go farther. Sorry but the guy is your weak link.

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-03-2009, 05:53 PM
I think you got that backwards. I complimented them without supporting them. :flap:

Denver and AFCN football ain't a good match. I guess they forgot Wildcard Sunday in the 2000 season.

Eh, they got Cleveland and Cincy so far this year. We can only make it 2-2 against the AFCN. Fun thing is if we can beat Denver, we should sweep with KC and OAK still left.

HometownGal
11-03-2009, 06:08 PM
:sign07:

He did go away -courtesy of my foot. :chuckle:

HometownGal
11-03-2009, 06:10 PM

:drink: :hatsoff: :hug:

We have a good number of classy un-Steelers fans around here and you are up there in the Top 3 of my faves. :thumbsup:

Nadroj 20
11-03-2009, 06:15 PM

Whoo! good :chuckle:

:applaudit: :applaudit: :applaudit: :applaudit: :applaudit: :applaudit:

tony hipchest
11-03-2009, 06:17 PM
it must be an afc west fan thing. these guys sound just as bad as the chargerfans last year around here during the playoffs.

remember when they were the hottest team in the nfl and gonna stomp a mudhole in the steelers ass?

good times!

fansince'76
11-03-2009, 06:19 PM
That thread over there is gettin' good!

What do you expect over on their boards really? They won the Super Bowl last year so they have a lot of bandwagoners who just like to talk crap any chance they get.

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=155496&page=2

This coming from a Broncos "fan" who has all of three posts over on that board and just joined over there this past month. Yeah, I'm sure he's a "longtime fan" and didn't join because of their 6-0 start or anything. :rolleyes:

Oh, and their smilies are way better than ours! :toofunny:

fansince'76
11-03-2009, 06:25 PM
it must be an afc west fan thing. these guys sound just as bad as the chargerfans last year around here during the playoffs.

remember when they were the hottest team in the nfl and gonna stomp a mudhole in the steelers ass?

good times!

And Scifres the Bionic Punter was gonna beat us singlehandedly? :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

Nadroj 20
11-03-2009, 06:27 PM
I would really like to join them and tell their butts off but im not going to waste my time, it would be like talking to a wall.

GridironWarrior
11-03-2009, 06:29 PM
They’re calling us classless and arrogant? Did they not see the post that troll posted? I don’t get it. Do they hate us that much?

Crow-Magnon
11-03-2009, 06:29 PM

good times!

Nah, it isn't even close. The SD fans were off the charts.

Crow-Magnon
11-03-2009, 06:30 PM
:drink: :hatsoff: :hug:

We have a good number of classy un-Steelers fans around here and you are up there in the Top 3 of my faves. :thumbsup:

Well, thank you! :wave: :drink:

We have some games to look forward to later in the year, that's for sure!

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-03-2009, 06:34 PM
That thread over there is gettin' good!

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=155496&page=2

This coming from a Broncos "fan" who has all of three posts over on that board and just joined over there this past month. Yeah, I'm sure he's a "longtime fan" and didn't join because of their 6-0 start or anything. :rolleyes:

Oh, and their smilies are way better than ours! :toofunny:

Yeah, I love how Elvis Dummyville is now believed to be the best pass rusher in the game on that site. :rofl:

Most educated fans would take Allen, Freeney, Ware, Harrison, ahead of him. Idiots like me would also take Suggs, Umenyora, Peppers, Porter, Cole too.

pancake
11-03-2009, 06:35 PM
They’re calling us classless and arrogant? Did they not see the post that troll posted? I don’t get it. Do they hate us that much?

We are fans of the Super Bowl champs, I think that just make us confident!! :helmet:

pancake
11-03-2009, 06:37 PM
Yeah, I love how Elvis Dummyville is now believed to be the best pass rusher in the game on that site. :rofl:

Most educated fans would take Allen, Freeney, Ware, Harrison, ahead of him. Idiots like me would also take Suggs, Umenyora, Peppers, Porter, Cole too.

Nice list... :thumbsup:

steel striker
11-03-2009, 06:37 PM
Joker.

Just remember it's not how you start it's HOW YOU FINISH.

Nadroj 20
11-03-2009, 06:39 PM
Just remember it's not how you start it's HOW YOU FINISH.

AMEN BROTHER

I'm glad that idiot got banned....hes has NO idea.

SteelMember
11-03-2009, 06:40 PM

Nice kick, but can you tackle? HA HA! :chuckle: :cya:

Nadroj 20
11-03-2009, 06:44 PM

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::stirthepot:

tony hipchest
11-03-2009, 06:51 PM
And Scifres the Bionic Punter was gonna beat us singlehandedly? :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

:sofunny: i totally forgot how scifres was the p. manning beating MVP heading into that game. LOL!

stb_steeler
11-03-2009, 07:13 PM

I was wondering that myself. Why would any team want Burger? after seeing what the Steelers went through with him. Im glad we have Sepulveda back.

HometownGal
11-03-2009, 07:42 PM

Sure I can. :thumbsup: I can also kick the living shit out of a paper towel dispenser and get into a kung-fu stance to show the 5-0 who's boss. :banana: :chuckle:

stb_steeler
11-03-2009, 07:44 PM

Blown coverage......Blown coverage.....Blown coverage?????? You obviously didnt see the SB. There were 3 defenders in Holmes area on the TD. That my friend is not blown coverage, its called putting the ball where only he can get it....Next you'll be telling us the SB was fixed by the refs...LoL

stb_steeler
11-03-2009, 08:08 PM

Well he stated he want to talk football, but only to tell us what our team should do...Man that takes nerve. Maybe he's hoping Lebeau reads the message board and will listen to him.....:rofl:

LVSteelersfan
11-03-2009, 09:07 PM
He wants to talk fantasy football, not real football. A fantasy in his mind that Clady is the best tackle in the league and that Polombus (whatever) has a chance to slow Woodley down. That would be a fantasy wish on his part. He is not even taking into account that we have Keisel who has been playing lights out, Farrior and Timmons. It is very convenient for him to leave those names out. After all games are won by one player stopping one other player on a team, not by all 11 players. It is ok. Fantasies are what keeps the world going. ESPN is Fantasy World extraordinaire. But they still exist. Go figure.

SteelersinCA
11-03-2009, 09:41 PM
I just lost 30 minutes of my life I'll never get back, damn it.

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-10-2009, 12:20 AM

Where did this guy go again?? :toofunny:

StainlessStill
11-10-2009, 12:25 AM
Denver= Better.. what a tool! The Steelers showed tonight why the Fraudco's were picking to only win 5 games this season! The meltdown starts now. Here come the Chargers, Fraudco fans!

How does that Black and Gold boot in your ass taste by the way? Not too good I suppose. HERE WE GO STILLERS! Cinci: YOU'RE NEXT! :tt04::tt04::tt04:

Shoes
11-10-2009, 12:26 AM
Go Mitch Berger! :chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

tube517
11-10-2009, 12:42 AM
You didn't play that badly, you played worse.

One TD wasn't as late as I thought but my point about 3 quarters is the same.

Yeah, the Ravens played alot better then we did last week, no argument here, I don't expect us to play that badly again.

SteelerEmpire
11-10-2009, 12:47 AM
If it were not so sad.... it would be funny.....

StainlessStill
11-10-2009, 12:54 AM
Orton came into this game throwing just one interception. Result against the Steelers? 3 points/ 3 interceptions. That tells a story as a whole. They could use the dink and dunk all you want, we will NOT fold and we WILL bring it in times of when it's time to tighten up.

The Steelers are WORLDS APART from where they were last season. If we keep this up, who can beat us?

SteelerEmpire
11-10-2009, 12:55 AM
BRONCOS EXPOSED !!!!!!!!!!!

vindrow
11-10-2009, 01:08 AM
Of course none of the Donk trolls that were talking smack will be back...they crawled back under that rock or are back up on that bridge.

fat4jc
11-10-2009, 01:11 AM
We're just a better team across the board,

better coaching - NOPE
better WRs - STILL THINK THAT MORON?
better defense - NO WAY!
better STs (Eddie Royal) - Maybe, but we neutralized him all game. Logan really didn't return much, seeing how your OFFENSE couldn't score.

Bwahaahahahahaha

:tt03:

MasterOfPuppets
11-10-2009, 01:31 AM
Denver= Better.. what a tool! The Steelers showed tonight why the Fraudco's were picking to only win 5 games this season! The meltdown starts now. Here come the Chargers, Fraudco fans!

How does that Black and Gold boot in your ass taste by the way? Not too good I suppose. HERE WE GO STILLERS! Cinci: YOU'RE NEXT! :tt04::tt04::tt04:
thats one deep kick....:yikes:

fansince'76
11-10-2009, 01:44 AM

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_neU2mR_Rtm4/R5MAI4q8-fI/AAAAAAAAASk/EC5hUqsCZYQ/s400/simpsons_nelson_haha2.jpg

stb_steeler
11-10-2009, 01:55 AM
Where did this guy go again?? :toofunny:

Who'da thought....Takes alot of nerve to come in here talkin that kind of smack.:moon:

Edman
11-10-2009, 02:07 AM
The Broncos are most certainly better than the Steelers. So much better that the Steeler O could've easily hung 35+ on them tonight.

Dino 6 Rings
11-10-2009, 10:30 AM
Exposed for the middle of the road lucky team you truly are. Champ is a Chump, Ben made champ his little biatch on his way to his first Super Bowl Title and has zero fear of your secondary thats for sure. Wallace is going to beat you deep early on, forcing your safeties to drop back into coverage, Hines is going to eat you up underneath, Holmes is going to expose you on the corners, Miller is going to tear up your inside and Mendenhall, Parker and Moore will combine for 130+ yard rushing, just enough to keep your linebackers and blitzing schemes honest.

Then...Our defense is going to pound your brains into the ground and irrigate the mile high grass with the blood of your players.

Yet my Post was too stupid to reply to?

HA HA HA HA HA HA!

markymarc
11-10-2009, 12:37 PM
So what happen to the Donkey trolls :tt02: They just got exposed again last night.

Sharkissle29
11-10-2009, 12:52 PM
Yet my Post was too stupid to reply to?

HA HA HA HA HA HA!

That was a very fine assessment dino

Shoes
11-10-2009, 01:27 PM
Any of them come back to eat their CROW?? lol:tt04:

They never do :chuckle:

markymarc
11-10-2009, 01:27 PM
Any of them come back to eat their CROW?? lol:tt04:

They are too busy trying to get their horse's tail out from between their legs.

FredScott
11-10-2009, 01:35 PM

Hmm my grape koolaid is tasting really good right now. By the way what happen to your Broncos?

chucoblack&gold
11-10-2009, 10:11 PM

Even Kool-Aid had Orton runnin' scared!!! :chuckle:

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l238/Raiden_xx84/koolaid.gif