PDA

View Full Version : Official NFL Power Rankings: Week 9

mnofdichotomy
11-03-2009, 12:11 PM
Official NFL Power Rankings: Week 9 (http://sportales.com/football/official-nfl-power-rankings-week-nine/)

Mile High 24
11-03-2009, 12:33 PM
Pretty poor IMO.

As usual we get no love, lose One hard game and the seasons over LOL but I know we're not popular so no surprise there.

Other notes -

Titans and Rams far too high, espeically the Titans who got handed a 59-0 loss a few weeks back.

Phili, Cowboys and especially Ravens are far too high.

The Bengals should be much higher and I think the Cards are ranked too low as well IMO

Steelboy84
11-03-2009, 12:42 PM
Minnesota ahead of US and we just beat them?

And the Colts should be number 1 IMO.

Steelboy84
11-03-2009, 12:42 PM
Dallas is NOT number 7, sorry.

Steel-Bryan
11-03-2009, 01:21 PM
1. Saints
2. Colts
3. Eagles
4. Steelers
5. Vikings

imo

Christian Snyder
11-03-2009, 01:49 PM
Pretty poor IMO.

As usual we get no love, lose One hard game and the seasons over LOL but I know we're not popular so no surprise there.

Other notes -

Titans and Rams far too high, espeically the Titans who got handed a 59-0 loss a few weeks back.

Phili, Cowboys and especially Ravens are far too high.

The Bengals should be much higher and I think the Cards are ranked too low as well IMO I disagree... I think those 2 are just about right. I do agree that the Bronc's are ranked to low, though.

Christian Snyder
11-03-2009, 01:53 PM
Dallas is NOT number 7, sorry. I certainly hope you're saying they should be ranked 6th... They're definitely good enough to be ranked 7th. Sunday's Cowboys/Eagles game will be an awesome game to watch. The Steelers/Broncos game will be great also.:tt:

GO STEELERS AND GO EAGLES!:tt:

The_WARDen
11-03-2009, 01:57 PM
No need to fret. The AFC North is a BCS division. Just win the division and they get an automatic BCS bowl berth!

:tt03:

MasterOfPuppets
11-03-2009, 02:02 PM
what exactly makes these rankings "official" ??? :noidea:

Steelboy84
11-03-2009, 02:24 PM
I certainly hope you're saying they should be ranked 6th... They're definitely good enough to be ranked 7th. Sunday's Cowboys/Eagles game will be an awesome game to watch. The Steelers/Broncos game will be great also.:tt:

GO STEELERS AND GO EAGLES!:tt:

Dallas is a fluke and will be proven to be.

cydnub
11-03-2009, 02:35 PM
"Tampa Bay Succaneers" lol

Christian Snyder
11-03-2009, 05:09 PM
Dallas is a fluke and will be proven to be. Maybe, but I highly doubt it. They'll make it to the playoffs via the WC and lose in their first game.:chuckle::chuckle:

mnofdichotomy
11-04-2009, 11:12 AM
theyll beat philly, at any rate.

SteelerEmpire
11-04-2009, 11:43 AM
Now we have an idea of what the college teams go through with the so called "Ranking System"......most of the time it just makes not sense...... they should have a regular season and PLAYOFFS as well......

steelreserve
11-04-2009, 12:17 PM
Cowboys are overrated and will get their asses handed to them by any halfway decent team. Their wins are against the Suckanneers, Panthers, Chiefs, Falcons and Suckhawks. That's a combined 10-25 record right there. And you're telling me they're supposed to be any good?

Also, I disagree with the explanation for the Patriots; it should've been more like "With the team winning and a clear path to the playoffs in a mediocre division, Tom Brady has never been in a better position to finally come out of the closet."

Christian Snyder
11-04-2009, 12:45 PM
theyll beat philly, at any rate. I would like to see your reasons for thinking this. Not saying that you're an idiot, I'd just like to know why you think this?

Remember, the Eagles play the hardest against the Cryboys..

Dino 6 Rings
11-04-2009, 12:53 PM
Effing Helmet is still wrong for the Steelers...Dumb effing site!

steelreserve
11-04-2009, 01:10 PM
Effing Helmet is still wrong for the Steelers...Dumb effing site!

Dude ... every site/TV show/newspaper in existence (outside of Pittsburgh) is going to show the logo on the helmet regardless of which direction it's facing. It's one of those things they just do to make it more easily identifiable for the average fan.

I mean, sorry, but the helmet with the logo is the first thing the average person thinks of when identifying the team, and the other side being blank is one of those after-the-fact quirks to most of them. I'm sure if they displayed the helmet with no logo, they'd get an far more complaints from people who were confused and saying "Hey! You forgot the logo!" Or if they turned it around to face the right way, you'd get a lot more people saying "Hey! You printed the helmet backwards!"

Just one of those things that happens. Some people know about the one-sided logo, some don't; and among those that do, some remember which side it goes on and some don't. As long as I know what the helmet is supposed to look like, I don't really give a rat's ass.

Dino 6 Rings
11-04-2009, 01:16 PM
I run a sheet at more work for games. whenver the Steelers are on their, they are the only helmet facing to the Right, because that is the Side with the Logo. Its nothing but pure Laziness to do otherwise.

Dino 6 Rings
11-04-2009, 01:17 PM
I just find it very annoying and will point it out every time I see it done Incorrectly.

Its bush league to not get it right.

steelreserve
11-04-2009, 02:22 PM
I run a sheet at more work for games. whenver the Steelers are on their, they are the only helmet facing to the Right, because that is the Side with the Logo. Its nothing but pure Laziness to do otherwise.

I get your point, but on the other hand, I don't think most outlets are going to dictate their entire layout just to get the Steelers' logo on the right side. This guy would have to flip all 32 helmets around just for he Steelers' sake. And also find completely new, matching versions of a lot of helmets, since just mirror-imaging them won't work for ones that have writing on them (like the Jets or the Giants or the 49ers).

It would also mean that for any media outlet that uses two teams' helmets facing each other for some kind of "matchup" logo, the Steelers would ALWAYS have to be on the left, which I can see right there causing unavoidable conflicts if they always put the home team on the left and the away team on the right or something of that nature. Most places just aren't going to do it, and they probably value easily identifying the team over the chance that they'll offend the 0.1% of die-hard fans that will care enough to make an issue of it.

Steelboy84
11-04-2009, 02:50 PM
Maybe, but I highly doubt it. They'll make it to the playoffs via the WC and lose in their first game.:chuckle::chuckle:

I think the Eagles win that division and the Giants get the WC. Dallas will be on the outside looking in.

HughC
11-04-2009, 10:32 PM
what exactly makes these rankings "official" ??? :noidea:

Ha ha, good one; you beat me to it.

Putting the words "Official" and "Power Rankings" together is an oxymoron.

Christian Snyder
11-05-2009, 02:32 PM
Ha ha, good one; you beat me to it.

Putting the words "Official" and "Power Rankings" together is an oxymoron Agreed.