PDA

View Full Version : The Steelers will go into Denver and win and improve to 6-2 if? (poll inside)

Steelboy84
11-03-2009, 02:00 PM
I didn't think these two weeks would ever go by, but they're moving along quite nicely.
:thumbsup:

Now, for the game Monday night. The Steelers come into Denver on a 4 game winning streak with a very "formidable" offense, an improving defense, but with a "suspect" special teams.

The Broncos come in after having been blasted by the Baltimore Ravens, so they'll be looking to get that taste out of their mouths. As I stated in an earlier thread, this is a HUGE opportunity for the Steelers to get some separation from the rest of the AFC North, but a win in Denver is very important to say the very least.

Monday Night, battle between two of the top teams in the AFC, 5-2 vs. 6-1. That being said, what may prove to be the most important factor in a Steelers win on Monday Night?

:tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :tt03:

Sharkissle29
11-03-2009, 02:31 PM
turnover battle, the only reason the broncos have been winning

fansince'76
11-03-2009, 02:36 PM
FINISH THE GAME. Play hard for 60 minutes - not 30, not 45. That's another reason the Broncos have been winning - they play hard until the clock hits triple-zero.

Steelboy84
11-03-2009, 02:39 PM
Both great points.

Steel-Bryan
11-03-2009, 02:43 PM
Ben and our WRS need to step up in this game, cus they have a pretty good defense.

steelreserve
11-03-2009, 02:46 PM
I put Ben/WR play, but really the key is to have an offense that moves the ball consistently and doesn't let them get good field position all the time. Not a jerky "80-yard-drive, then 4 three-and-outs-in-a-row" offense that lets them control the ball and take the fight to us. Also, finishing drives on offense -- not settling for field goals or turning the bal over in the red zone -- is going to be extra important in a game like this.

I have no doubt the defense can shut down Kyle Orton. Just a matter of not putting Denver in a position to score without doing a lot of work.

Steelboy84
11-03-2009, 02:49 PM
I put Ben/WR play, but really the key is to have an offense that moves the ball consistently and doesn't let them get good field position all the time. Not a jerky "80-yard-drive, then 4 three-and-outs-in-a-row" offense that lets them control the ball and take the fight to us. Also, finishing drives on offense -- not settling for field goals or turning the bal over in the red zone -- is going to be extra important in a game like this.

I have no doubt the defense can shut down Kyle Orton. Just a matter of not putting Denver in a position to score without doing a lot of work.

I think Ike will stick Marshall with Troy over the top and Dick LeBeau will dial it up on Orton.

stlrtruck
11-03-2009, 03:59 PM
It's all about the pressure on Orton and the DB Play.

Ben goes back in to Denver and does his second best John Elway impression.

willie_district
11-03-2009, 04:04 PM
Special teams. Lack of decent special teams play is what has allowed teams to keep the games close with the Steelers the last two games. Plus Denver's kick returner, Eddie Royal, has already busted off 1 or 2 for touchdowns.

pancake
11-03-2009, 04:15 PM
Despite each teams record I think Pittsburgh is the better team, so I think we need to not turn over the ball. I believe Denver is +6 in that category.

GridironWarrior
11-03-2009, 04:35 PM
I say running the ball consistently to chew up clock and make their offense play a game they canít play. I canít wait to see Pitt show Denver what a real 3-4 D looks like. Give Ike help with Marshall and let loose the dogs of war. This game shouldnít even be close.

Denver=Better
11-03-2009, 04:37 PM
Other- we play our 2nd string.

LOL, in all honesty..do you really believe you are the better team?

If so, help me understand. Because I'm not seeing it.

fansince'76
11-03-2009, 04:39 PM

Denver=(Massively) Overrated. :coffee:

revefsreleets
11-03-2009, 04:52 PM
I already posted this elsewhere, but here's another go at it:

If the Rats spread Denver and attacked them with the pass, I expect we will run the ball at them, at least to start, and maybe even FROM the spread. We will pass the ball as we always do, but Arians will have a smart plan to do so that naturally adjusts to what Denver does as they do it.

Defensively, we do what we do. We have a much better defense than the Ratbirds do, so we take their model of "Bend don't break" and just apply Steelers principles to it.

The Bronco's will score 14 points or so. More if we have offensive turnovers. But we'll play our brand of defense that requires their O to make few to NO mistakes and execute in order to score and that won't happen more than 2-3 times even at home on Monday Night.

IMO the Bronco's were the worst 6-0 team in the history of the NFL. They did it all with defense and that defense has been figured out by Cam Cameron. Bruce Arians > Cameron and we win about 31-17...

GridironWarrior
11-03-2009, 04:54 PM

You guys got gutted by the Ravens, who we historically own. They are just as violent as we are and we are the far better team. If you think the Ravens D was brutal towards your team wait till Harrison and company are turned loose. Orton wonít know what to do.

HometownGal
11-03-2009, 04:55 PM
FINISH THE GAME. Play hard for 60 minutes - not 30, not 45. That's another reason the Broncos have been winning - they play hard until the clock hits triple-zero.

B-I-N-G-O. :thumbsup:

Add to this no costly mistakes, limit penalties and the OL doing what they've done well over the past several games - keep the mules off of Ben. :drink:

Preacher
11-03-2009, 04:57 PM
Dang...

this guy gets banned already!

I missed all the fun!

steelreserve
11-03-2009, 04:59 PM

It's simple.

We have a real QB; Denver doesn't.

Our defense is good; Denver's defense is lucky.

Is there anyone who really doesn't see that?

Christian Snyder
11-03-2009, 05:00 PM
I think the most important factor is the turnover battle. If the Steelers win the turnover battle they will probably win the game.

HometownGal
11-03-2009, 05:10 PM
Dang...

this guy gets banned already!

I missed all the fun!

Sorry, Father, but I can't stomach :troll:s. I don't mind fans from other teams who come in here to talk football and even throw in a little smack, but this guy was just . . .

IN-COM-PLETE. :laughing:

Indo
11-03-2009, 05:25 PM
Sorry, Father, but I can't stomach :troll:s. I don't mind fans from other teams who come in here to talk football and even throw in a little smack, but this guy was just . . .

Aw C'mon!

You let Timmy Lumber go for a while, and look at how much Joy that has brought to all of us!

stb_steeler
11-03-2009, 08:16 PM
Man i didnt even get a shot at him.....As the great George lopez says: I cant do nuffin round here! :banging:

LVSteelersfan
11-03-2009, 08:56 PM
I don't think what he said was bad enough to get banned. It would have been fun letting the troll know why the Steelers are the superior team. Orton is a joke. Ben is so much better than him it isn't even funny. Denver's D is smoke and mirrors that the Ravens had no trouble figuring out. Our D is far superior to theirs. Denver trolls just think they have a real defense. Even with the Ravens D clown stomping their O into the dust.

Nadroj 20
11-03-2009, 09:12 PM

He had to be at least 12 or younger lol he just struck me as being some little kid trying to start stuff. :chuckle:

SteelC7
11-03-2009, 11:09 PM
turnovers, whoever wins that battle will win the game

stlrtruck
11-04-2009, 09:11 AM
Aw C'mon!

You let Timmy Lumber go for a while, and look at how much Joy that has brought to all of us!

Yeah but TIMMAH was here during the off-season. Notice how quickly he got the boot when he returned.

steelballs
11-04-2009, 09:22 AM
Time of possession and field position will play a huge role in this game.

I think the Steelers can hold the Broncos running attack in check and in doing so, make Orton beat us...I like those odds.

We need to possess the ball more effectively and move the chains in the second half. The running game HAS to step up here and I think we can.
Ben will be Ben and we have to make sure that in the second half, we keep the Broncos "O" off the field as much as possible. The Steelers have struggled with this second half "possession issue" all season and our "D" has paid the price.

Davison_K
11-04-2009, 10:12 AM
Great D and controlling the clock. Classic Steeler football. Pressure Orton into mistakes, don't let him get into a rhythm. Attack the RT. Let Mendenhall run. He hasn't really had a game where he just bruised the defense. Classic Steeler football will win this game.

SteelGhost
11-04-2009, 10:40 AM

:thumbsup: :drink:

acumen
11-04-2009, 11:15 AM
Moving the chains. I heard going into the Ravens game they went 3 straight games without allowing a team to convert on 3rd. Just get some methodical time-eating drives and cram it into the enzone, push em out and wear out their defense.

memphissteelergirl
11-04-2009, 12:02 PM

Winner! Winner! Chicken Dinner! :applaudit: