PDA

View Full Version : Browns Release Anthony Madison

BlastFurnace
11-03-2009, 07:28 PM
http://twitter.com/Jimwexell

Not sure where we could fit him in, but we need help with our ST coverage.

fansince'76
11-03-2009, 07:35 PM
See ya, Spaeth. :wave:

BlastFurnace
11-03-2009, 07:41 PM
If Ratliff starts this week and does not do well, I could see him getting cut.

devilsdancefloor
11-03-2009, 07:42 PM
ratliff hasnt impressed me on ST at all! seems as though he is out f his lane:noidea: but he is the only one at the moment i can think of

Psyychoward86
11-03-2009, 07:57 PM
he would be at least the 53rd most valuable player on the team. MAKE ROOM!!!

HometownGal
11-03-2009, 08:04 PM
See ya, Spaeth. :wave:

I like Spaeth - he's good for a TD every couple of years or so. :chuckle:

Definitely grab Madison - he was damned good on ST's and we really could use him down the stretch.

Texasteel
11-03-2009, 08:12 PM
I like the idea of signing Madison. Our ST is showing cracks and he would a least help with that right away. Out of 53 players, there has to be someone we could cut to make room.

cubanstogie
11-03-2009, 08:39 PM
I like the idea of signing Madison. Our ST is showing cracks and he would a least help with that right away. Out of 53 players, there has to be someone we could cut to make room.

maybe he can kick and we can get rid of Reed, or the guy that rhymes with it.

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-03-2009, 08:46 PM
Did I ever mention that I am not that big a fan of Carey Davis???

Texasteel
11-03-2009, 08:57 PM

I didn't think you would miss an opportunity like this one.

Galax Steeler
11-04-2009, 04:58 AM

Right with you on that on that one.:thumbsup:

SteelerFanInStl
11-04-2009, 08:51 AM

I'd take Madison over Carey Davis any day. Johnson is healthy again so they don't need Carey at FB.

OneForTheToe
11-04-2009, 11:34 AM
he would be at least the 53rd most valuable player on the team. MAKE ROOM!!!

Plus he knows all the Browns plays, which would be um ...... valuable ...
because um .... the um ......Browns ..... um ....
do the Browns have plays? :noidea:

Ok, sign him but test him for Staph first.:flap:

fansince'76
11-04-2009, 11:39 AM
If Ratliff starts this week and does not do well, I could see him getting cut.

Good call - he's even more expendable than Spaeth.

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-04-2009, 12:29 PM

Call me crazy, but I expect Ratliff to get a contract offer from the Steelers this offseason, as Townsend may likely retire after his final contract is up this year.

My hunch is that Will Gay will get a new deal and the depth chart is gonna be Taylor, Gay, Ratliff, Lewis, Burnett........and another between Roy Lewis, Madison, rookie draft pick.

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-04-2009, 12:42 PM

I'm with Gonzo, let Johnson(and Legursky...hehehe) line up at FB, and make room for Madison by letting Davis go.

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-04-2009, 12:52 PM
I'm with Gonzo, let Johnson(and Legursky...hehehe) line up at FB, and make room for Madison by letting Davis go.

Dude, I still get goosebumps when I think of Legursky lining up as FB in SD. He ran a 5.02 -40 and 4.75 short shuttle at his pro day. I think he should be lead blocking on all goal line situations. :thumbsup:

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-04-2009, 03:06 PM
Dude, I still get goosebumps when I think of Legursky lining up as FB in SD. He ran a 5.02 -40 and 4.75 short shuttle at his pro day. I think he should be lead blocking on all goal line situations. :thumbsup:

Absolutely!!!! Legursky at the goal line and Johnson as the regular FB. Beats the heck out of a "fullback" that is no bigger than the RB!!!

devilsdancefloor
11-04-2009, 03:38 PM
i think we can put legursky in as FB! we need a jumbo package legusky FB Foster TE :thumbsup:

steelreserve
11-04-2009, 03:44 PM
I wouldn't mind having him for special teams, but if anyone gets cut, it's probably going to be a DB, for the simple reason that we already have like a billion of them on the roster already and don't need another one.

I seriously think we could come out in an 11-DB defense on passing downs if we wanted. What would be the name for that? The "Big Jug Of Coins That You Throw All Your Extra Change Into When You Come Home" package?

stillers4me
11-04-2009, 04:11 PM
I was sort of suprised when we released Madison. I think we could use hima gain on ST.

Make it so, Number one.

CanadianSteel
11-05-2009, 11:06 AM
Ya Madison would make a nice addition.... how was our mini Chidi on special teams for a few years... but with some of the injuries popping up it may be tough to get him active on game day. IMO Carey Davis would not be cut again, because he seems like a popular dude in the locker room, and bringing him back after Tank went down I am nto sure they would cut him again.

Not saying its not the right thing to do..... just saying...

Aussie_steeler
11-06-2009, 04:44 AM
The only way he makes it back on the squad is if someone is unfortunately put on Injured Reserve (and I am not wishing that on anyone.)

But then again we could just cut davis and roll out The Big Legursky at lead blocker.