PDA

View Full Version : Timmons Blog - Ankle is Day to Day

mesaSteeler
11-04-2009, 05:46 PM
Ankle is Day to Day
http://affiliate.kickapps.com/_Ankle-is-Day-to-Day/BLOG/1459158/62428.html?widgetId=18061
November 4, 2009

During the bye week I got a lot of rest in and spent time with my cousin Brian on Halloween. We went out in town and had a lot of fun, saw a lot of funny costumes, it was great.

I definitely feel refreshed. Anytime you can get a week off, even though I do love football, it’s always great to get some time away.

We play at Denver on Monday Night Football and that’s definitely exciting. Monday night it’s the only game that day, it’s like the game of the week. You know everyone will be watching and that makes it more exciting.

I got a shot in my ankle today. They took 10 CCs of my blood, and they have a machine that takes the plasma out. Then they injected the plasma into my ankle. That helps speed up the process of healing. It helped me to a speedy recovery the last time I hurt my ankle.

It’s really gotten better and I’ve been working out on the Nordic track, walking in water, rotating the ankle to make it stronger, icing it, doing exercises to help loosen it up.

I had to wear a boot for a week but I got that taken off and now I can get around on my own. But I still can’t run on it. It’s day-to-day right now whether I will play on Monday. Last time I hurt my ankle it was touch and go on Wednesday, but by that Sunday I was ready to play. So I have hope.

I was really happy that Florida State beat North Carolina State this week. Bobby Bowden gave me a scholarship out of high school. It’s a tough time for him right now, they’re talking about letting him go. I just hope he finishes the season strong. He’s too much of a legend to go out with people talking like that about him. I’m definitely a big supporter.

Lawrence Timmons is a linebacker with the Super Bowl champion Pittsburgh Steelers. His blog for www.playerpress.com runs at www.timmons94.com. Follow him on Twitter at www.twitter.com/lawrencetimmons.

Fire Haley
11-06-2009, 02:39 PM
Steelers | Timmons considered questionable for Week 9

Fri, 06 Nov 2009 12:05:43 -0800
Pittsburgh Steelers LB Lawrence Timmons (ankle) did not participate in practice Friday, Nov. 6. He is considered questionable for Week 9, and it does not look like he will play. If he is not able to play, LB Keyaron Fox will take his place.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Steelers | Kirschke considered doubtful for Week 9

Fri, 06 Nov 2009 11:58:30 -0800
Pittsburgh Steelers DE Travis Kirschke (calf) did not participate in practice Friday, Nov. 6. He is considered doubtful for Week 9.

markymarc
11-08-2009, 10:10 AM
The worse part about this 2nd ankle injury for Timmons is that he was just getting back his speed and explosion. Get well Timmons and get your ankle 100%. Time for Keyaron Fox to step in again and make plays for this defense.