PDA

View Full Version : Out-of-Towners: Colorado teacher faces teen torment unless Steelers win

mesaSteeler
11-05-2009, 07:18 AM
Out-of-Towners: Colorado teacher faces tween torment unless Steelers win
Wednesday, November 04, 2009
Peter Diana/Post-Gazette
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09308/1010579-294.stm?cmpid=localstate.xml

A Steelers fan feeling warm and fuzzy at the game in Denver in 2007.

Please print this letter to the Pittsburgh Steelers. I was born in Allegheny General Hospital in 1972 and have been a Steelers fan ever since.

My problem: I live in Alamosa, Colo., and am surrounded by Broncos fans constantly. I am writing this letter to ask you to PLEASE beat the Broncos when you come to Denver. It's not easy to be continually tormented by Broncos fans, especially now that they are doing well.

Most people I know are still harassing me about the last time you came to the Mile High City (a Broncos win, 31-28, on Oct. 21, 2007). I attended that game with my favorite son Zachary (the one I happened to, against all odds, turn into a Steelers fan) and his dad, with whom we didn't sit because he likes the Broncos.

We left saddened by the loss and a little frightened. Evidently some Broncos fans didn't find our sign ("What's higher, Mile High or Travis Henry?") as funny as we did.

Although we don't have tickets to this season's game, we will be with you in spirit. We love all things Pittsburgh: pierogies, the Point, Kennywood, etc.

Finally, the biggest reason I need you to win: My middle school students will be unbearable if you lose. They laugh when I wear my Steelers jersey every Monday. They try to touch the Terrible Towel. They call Big Ben Worthlessberger. It's blasphemous!

I was teased for days after your loss to the Bears. If you don't beat the Broncos they will be merciless. Even my offers of candy and gum in exchange for an end to the harassment fall on deaf ears. I won't survive a loss. Teenagers are pretty harsh.

It's not easy for Zach and I being Steelers fans in Colorado, but even though we live in Broncoland, we always remember it is just a very tiny part of the Steeler Nation!

DELHIA MAHANEY

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09308/1010579-294.stm?cmpid=localstate.xml#ixzz0VzFCMWOQ

HometownGal
11-05-2009, 07:34 AM
Thank God I live in da Burgh and don't have to put up with that :bs: For those out of town Steelers fans - all you simply have to do when being harrassed after a loss is to hold up six fingers and smile - gets 'em every time.

I found this a little disheartening, though:

I attended that game with my favorite son Zachary

Her favorite son? :jawdrop:

WindyCitySteelerFan
11-05-2009, 07:43 AM
I feel his pain, living in Chicago, I have to hear about our (still unbelievable) loss to the Bears for the next 7 years.

devilsdancefloor
11-05-2009, 08:43 AM
Its hell living between cin city and indy i get both bungles fans (who are the most obnoxious bunch of fans) & colts fans. I usually laugh it of when someone tries to smack talk about my steelers. i try to say very little , but if i have tio say anythign i usually say DO you really want to walk down that road :tt04::tt04:

California-Steel
11-05-2009, 02:39 PM
What!!! Who's the teacher, you or them? Just pile on the homework and give a few pop quizes and they will get the picture. If the Steelers win then show a movie in class and no homework. If even one young & dumb, still chewing bubble gum kid pops off, cut the movie break out the books and back to work for them.

They got to respect your athoritie! (I spelled it how I said it).

Now Man.....I mean, Woman Up, and put them in their places.

Go Steelers!!!!

fansince'76
11-05-2009, 02:50 PM
Living in Denver, I really don't get it from Broncos fans too much. However, I don't lip off either - I have a feeling this guy probably goes overboard talking up the Steelers and that's why he gets grief. I would imagine the "six rings" thing probably does get annoying to other fans, particularly in their territory, and I have seen fellow Steelers fans being pretty obnoxious about it.

Case in point:

We left saddened by the loss and a little frightened. Evidently some Broncos fans didn't find our sign ("What's higher, Mile High or Travis Henry?") as funny as we did.

See? This guy is asking for grief.

Steelboy84
11-05-2009, 06:24 PM
Thank God I live in da Burgh and don't have to put up with that :bs: For those out of town Steelers fans - all you simply have to do when being harrassed after a loss is to hold up six fingers and smile - gets 'em every time.

I found this a little disheartening, though:

Her favorite son? :jawdrop:

What a great mom. :chuckle:

stillers4me
11-05-2009, 06:48 PM
Welcome to my world.

LVSteelersfan
11-05-2009, 07:56 PM
Don't worry. The Steeler's D is going to stomp Orton into the ground. No worries.

Psyychoward86
11-05-2009, 08:32 PM
I feel you, friend! I live in Wisconsin, and everyone knows Steeler fans and cheeseheads are the most hardcore in the National Football League. I get the same kind of crap you do

eafratitpm3
11-05-2009, 08:51 PM
I feel your pain, I live in Colorado Springs and this season is worse than most since Denver has a winning record. I don't talk trash about the Steelers but I do sport the Black and Gold all NFL season long so people have been giving it to me this week. I just tell them this is one game and the main thing that counts is making the playoffs.

toughsticks87
11-06-2009, 02:58 AM
I'm from Boston. Pretty sure New Englanders are the most obnoxious people as it is, nevermind a Pats fan.

Galax Steeler
11-06-2009, 04:35 AM
I am glad I don't have to worry a bout stuff like that. The closest team to me is the Panthers which are about 2 hours from where I live. The dead skins are about 5 hours the other way. Who cares I have been a Pittsburgh Steeler all my life and that is the way it is going to be.

KeiselPower99
11-06-2009, 09:20 AM
Whats higher? Mile High or Travis Henry. Thats classic.

truesteelerfan
11-06-2009, 09:48 AM
I definately was in your shoes two weeks ago living in MN-and these next two weeks have been great! Wearing my Steeler gear with Pride after we ended their unbeaten streak! I've watched a couple Steeler vs Bronco games in CO, there are some great Steeler fans in the Fort Collins area I got to know....

Here we go Steelers!

stb_steeler
11-06-2009, 10:25 PM
What!!! Who's the teacher, you or them? Just pile on the homework and give a few pop quizes and they will get the picture. If the Steelers win then show a movie in class and no homework. If even one young & dumb, still chewing bubble gum kid pops off, cut the movie break out the books and back to work for them.

They got to respect your athoritie! (I spelled it how I said it).

Now Man.....I mean, Woman Up, and put them in their places.

Go Steelers!!!!

GOOD IDEA!!!!!! whip out the americas game: STEELERS Maybe they'll learn something....LoL

Glace
11-07-2009, 05:48 AM
Heck, i live in central PA and seem to be surrounded by as many Cowboy fans as Steeler fans....WTF is that about? lol

Milkman
11-07-2009, 09:12 AM
Its hell living between cin city and indy i get both bungles fans (who are the most obnoxious bunch of fans) & colts fans. I usually laugh it of when someone tries to smack talk about my steelers. i try to say very little , but if i have tio say anythign i usually say DO you really want to walk down that road :tt04::tt04:

I feel exactly the same as you. I live here in the Dayton area and it sucks to have to listen to the dumb-ass fans who I'm surrounded by.

I always get the final word of course :tt:

SteelersMongol
11-08-2009, 08:53 AM
What!!! Who's the teacher, you or them? Just pile on the homework and give a few pop quizes and they will get the picture. If the Steelers win then show a movie in class and no homework. If even one young & dumb, still chewing bubble gum kid pops off, cut the movie break out the books and back to work for them...

:rofl: