PDA

View Full Version : NBA 2009-2010

Nadroj 20
11-05-2009, 07:19 PM
I didnt see a thread started for this years NBA season so here we go lol

I know its not college but its still better then it used to be..

Whose is anyones teams? and thoughts about any players?

Steelboy84
11-07-2009, 02:03 PM
Lakers over the Celtics in 6.

Yep.

xfl2001fan
11-16-2009, 01:59 PM
I support all Cleveland teams...so I can at least say I have my Cavaliers. That being said, the Cavs need to use West/Z as trading chips to bring in another good player to play alongside Lebron. He'll never wear a championship ring until he gets his "Scottie Pippen."

The Nuggest might be for real...I thought last season, everything went right for them...and that they'd come back down to earth this season, but they actually look like a solid team so far. Chauncey going there was the best thing to ever happen to Melo.

Nadroj 20
11-16-2009, 10:58 PM
I agree about the Nuggets they look pretty good

Two big things happened today....a trade between the bobcats and warriors and memphis placed iverson on waivers

Bobcats traded Raja Bell and Vladimir Radmonavic (spelling?) to the Warriors for Stephen Jackson and Acie Law

Memphis placed iverson on waivers and idk who will sign him because teams may be afraid to sign him and bring him off the bench because that is not what AI wants to do... so i hope someone signs him but IMO it will be by a poor team that will start him which will keep him happy

Nadroj 20
11-26-2009, 10:02 AM
Is it possible a team in the NBA can go 0-82? lol the Nets are currently 0-15 and the worse start by any team in the NBA EVER, was 0-17 they are just bad lol

SteelersinCA
12-05-2009, 12:36 PM
Kobe just dropped a dime in D-Wade's eye last night!!!

xfl2001fan
12-08-2009, 10:43 AM
Kobe just dropped a dime in D-Wade's eye last night!!!

The second best just schooled the third best player in the NBA? Awesome! :stirthepot:

revefsreleets
12-08-2009, 11:55 AM
Speaking of LBJ, his assists are up. He's passing the ball even more, which shows he's putting some trust in his teammates. He's shooting less, but his shooting % is up. I expect he'll put up even better numbers in every category before the season is over...

He's STILL getting better....

atlsteelers
12-08-2009, 01:19 PM
Go hawks.

SteelersinCA
12-23-2009, 01:19 PM
Kobe drops another 40 and leads the MVP race so far this season!! (at least according to ESPN)

xfl2001fan
12-23-2009, 01:55 PM
Kobe drops another 40 and leads the MVP race so far this season!! (at least according to ESPN)

Possibly...but ESPN disagrees with itself to a certain extent.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/insid...eLeBron-091223

I'll shorten it down to the categories...(the results may surprise you, but the explanation is given for each category)

Category No. 1: Perimeter shooting: LeBron 10, Kobe 9
Category No. 2: Pure scoring: Kobe 10, LeBron 9
Category No. 3: Making teammates better: LeBron 10, Kobe 8
Category No. 4: Primary defender: LeBron 10, Kobe 9
Category No. 5: Secondary defender: Kobe 10, LeBron 9
Category No. 6: Impact in transition: LeBron 10, Kobe 9
Category No. 7: Rebounding: LeBron 10, Kobe 10
Category No. 8: Intangibles: Kobe 10, LeBron 9
Conclusion

So who's the best player? Our final tally is LeBron 77, Kobe 75.

SteelersinCA
12-23-2009, 03:51 PM
Don't forget how they say stat guys think LBJ is better but it's nearly unanimous among NBA players who is better, #24. Gotta keep you honest.

revefsreleets
12-23-2009, 04:22 PM
Kobe has peaked. He's not going to get any better. He MAY still be at the top of his game, but no one really knows WHERE the Zenith is for LBJ yet, because he's not there...

xfl2001fan
12-23-2009, 05:54 PM
Don't forget how they say stat guys think LBJ is better but it's nearly unanimous among NBA players who is better, #24. Gotta keep you honest.
I think it depends on the question. Kobe is probably a better 1 on 1 player...

If you had to pick one to play along side, who would it be?

You might get a different result. Kobe demands more ball time than Lebron does. Lebron is looking to make the smart basketball play and trusts his teammates to hit the open shot. Kobe creates his own shot.

SteelersinCA
12-24-2009, 01:23 AM
We had a whole thread on this last year, you brought up the article, I just exercised the rule of completeness in bringing the full article into focus. Here's the quote from the article, I'm not the one asking the question, I'm just the messenger:

"Who's better, Black Mamba or King James? Advanced stats clearly favor LeBron. On the other hand, NBA players say almost unanimously that Kobe is the game's best."

The question then becomes, what is a NBA players definition of better and best?

SteelersinCA
12-24-2009, 01:28 AM
Kobe has peaked. He's not going to get any better. He MAY still be at the top of his game, but no one really knows WHERE the Zenith is for LBJ yet, because he's not there...

You have to acknowledge the opposite as well, Rev. LBJ's stats have remained pretty consistent the past 3 years. He may be at his Zenith now. If he gets help his numbers surely will go down because he has to do less. He might win some rings but I don't think he's going to up the numbers. 07-08 appears to be his best year statistically. Just an observation.

xfl2001fan
12-26-2009, 10:14 AM
We had a whole thread on this last year, you brought up the article, I just exercised the rule of completeness in bringing the full article into focus. Here's the quote from the article, I'm not the one asking the question, I'm just the messenger:

"Who's better, Black Mamba or King James? Advanced stats clearly favor LeBron. On the other hand, NBA players say almost unanimously that Kobe is the game's best."

The question then becomes, what is a NBA players definition of better and best?

I know what the article says, my point of contention is what question (specifically) was asked. If you had one season to build a team and win a championship...would other superstars rather play with Lebron or Kobe?

I'm sure the Media will spin this into an individual win by Kobe (he did have 35 points) to go with his 9 rebounds and 8 assists. No doubt they'll mention James missing 5 free throws and 5 three pointers on his way to a 26 point, 4 rebound and 7 turnover night.

But we need to look beyond that. Kobe hit 33% of his 3's (a smidge beyond Lebron's 2/7) and while he did hit all 12 of his free throws, that means he made 23 points...on 32 shot attempts. It wasn't Lebron guarding Kobe either, but Anthony Parker for the majority of the game...and Delonte West coming in off the bench to pester him.

The media will largely disregard his -18 in the +/- column while trying to find some way to insult Lebron's meager +8. They'll ignore that Kobe missed more shots than Lebron took. They'll also point out Lebron only getting 4 rebounds while Kobe managed 9.

Because in today's game, it's always going to be about what Kobe accomplishes and what Lebron fails at. And because the media hypes it that way, the players buy into it as well.

SteelersinCA
12-26-2009, 11:21 AM
Somehow I doubt the players are checking stat lines and Hollinger's blog, but if you think the media loves Kobe more than LBJ, you're crazy. Might I point out the article you referenced? Media loving LBJ more than Kobe? But hey, don't take my word for it...

Nadroj 20
12-26-2009, 12:31 PM
I will always think LBJ is better then Kobe, thats just how i think.....they showed a thing on sportscenter about what LBJ and kobe accomplished by the time they were 25 because lbj turns 25 12-30-09, and i think the only thing kobe was beating lebron in was rings....LBJ will get a ring IMO before his career is over and as far as the better player of the 2 LBJ all-around, is the better player....all around being the key in my judgement.

xfl2001fan
12-26-2009, 05:41 PM
Somehow I doubt the players are checking stat lines and Hollinger's blog, but if you think the media loves Kobe more than LBJ, you're crazy. Might I point out the article you referenced? Media loving LBJ more than Kobe? But hey, don't take my word for it...

There are some people in the media who are starting to come around. It's a few years too late...but whatever. :flap:

revefsreleets
12-27-2009, 12:59 PM
You have to acknowledge the opposite as well, Rev. LBJ's stats have remained pretty consistent the past 3 years. He may be at his Zenith now. If he gets help his numbers surely will go down because he has to do less. He might win some rings but I don't think he's going to up the numbers. 07-08 appears to be his best year statistically. Just an observation.

That's not true at all...his stats are better this year, and he's still got a lot of room for improvement concerning FT, 3 FG% and defensively i think he'll continue to get better.

As for the game yesterday, Kobe had the better numbers, but LBJ's team won the game, and that's all that counts (at least that's what all the Kobe fans said when the situation was reversed).

SteelersinCA
12-27-2009, 01:58 PM
That's not true at all...his stats are better this year, and he's still got a lot of room for improvement concerning FT, 3 FG% and defensively i think he'll continue to get better.

As for the game yesterday, Kobe had the better numbers, but LBJ's team won the game, and that's all that counts (at least that's what all the Kobe fans said when the situation was reversed).

The stats on ESPN say they aren't better, they are nearly identical for the past 3 yrs. With drops in min, stl, blk, rbs, and pts. Shooting % is up though. Not sure how that isn't pretty identical for the past 3 years but .....

YR TM G GS MIN FG FG% 3P 3P% FT FT% STL BLK TO PF OFF DEFTOT AST PTS

07-08 CLE 75 74 40.4 10.6-21.9 .484 1.5-4.8 .315 7.3-10.3 .712 1.80 1.10 3.4 2.2 1.8 6.1 7.9 7.2 30.0
08-09 CLE 81 81 37.7 9.7-19.9 .489 1.6-4.7 .344 7.3-9.4 .780 1.70 1.10 3.0 1.7 1.3 6.3 7.6 7.2 28.4
09-10 CLE 31 31 38.4 10.0-20.0 .499 1.6-4.5 .362 7.1-9.1 .777 1.30 0.80 3.8 1.9 1.0 6.0 7.0 7.9 28.7

revefsreleets
12-28-2009, 09:32 AM
I'm not going to argue about this anymore...Kobe is the greatest ever, whatever...yada, yada, yada...

SteelersinCA
12-28-2009, 11:22 AM
That's not even the argument, you say LBJ is getting better, Kobe notwithstanding, the stats do not agree. Has nothing to do with Kobe or anyone else.

revefsreleets
12-28-2009, 11:54 AM
It will take 15 years before we can even come close to properly assessing their relative greatness...but the fact is, Kobe has peaked, and it's simply a matter of how much longer he plays the game. LBJ is the equivalent of two years removed form what would have been a senior year in college. His best years are still to come, and I'm quite frankly unsure as to how or why ANYONE would doubt that...

To clarify:
His FG% is UP.
His 3pt FG% is UP
His assists are UP

Some of his stats have leveled off, but that's much more a testament to his team getting better around him, and him in turn getting more comfortable and trusting them more. His PPG, assists, boards and steals and blocks are already good enough to make him one of the best ever. He's set about trying to improve other weaker areas of his game, and the stats clearly show that he IS improving.

SteelersinCA
12-28-2009, 03:29 PM
Again, whether he is the best ever, and Kobe are not even in this discussion. To say his FG%, 3pt %, and assists are UP and the rest of his stats have "leveled off" is tantamount to intellectual dishonesty. His FG% has gone up .13 pts, his 3pt% .19, and assists .6 since last year. If that is "up," how is down .3 in steals, down .3 in blocks, and down .7 in rebounds considered leveling off? If you compare it to the 07-08 season; his FG% is up by .18, 3pt% up by .48, and asst up by .6, however steals down by .4, blocks down by .3, turnovers up by .3 (even though that's up, up is bad so down in context) rebounds down by a full 1, and pts down by 1.2. If .1, .1 and .2 (08-09) and .18, .48 and .6 (07-08) are up, certainly .3, .3, and .7 (08-09) and .4, .3, .3, 1 and 1.2 (07-08) are down? It's "up" if it goes up a slight margin, but "leveling off" if it goes down by a greater margin? Come on.

However, that's not the point. I said he has leveled off in the past 3 years. I didn't say he wasn't one of the best ever or even say he was or was not better than Kobe. He may very well be the best ever in 15 years, none of that changes the fact that: he has leveled off over the past 3 years, the numbers aren't getting better. The stats prove it. It's not even an argument or discussion, unless you say the stats are wrong. This may be the best he gets statistically. I can't imagine how it could get any better, and as you acknowledge, and I previously stated, the more help he gets the more "leveling off" or drop in stats you will see.

MACH1
12-28-2009, 05:31 PM
The bottom line of it all. After his career is over he will be measured by championships not stats. He will only be compared to MJ, Kobe (if/when) he wins multiple championships.

tony hipchest
12-28-2009, 06:28 PM
wow. another nba thread infected. whodathunk?

rhetorical question here... wasnt there already another kobe vs. labron thread started LAST year? :rolleyes:

personally, if i was picking any player to start a team, i would take labron. i THINK that labron is the most skilled player in the game today and could take on and beat kobe in any 1 on 1 match up.

but havent you guys learned yet? this isnt about stats or championships. it is only about any "facts" that the board guru can conjure up and wrap his claws around. that is all that matters. anything else is meaningless.

but the fact is, Kobe has peaked,

i guess he peaked for the fourth time in his career, then. as a sonics fan i would certainly hope durant can "peak" 4 times in his career.

i suppose the statement above is meant to imply that kobe cant get any better, but i guess that fact would be false if kobe wins yet another championship (i hope he doesnt).

as for labron, he is allen iverson and jason kidd wrapped up in one and put into tracy mcgrady's unbreakable body.

if you cant get a ring out of that its about time to start thinkin about leavin' cleveland.

SteelersinCA
12-28-2009, 06:42 PM
I don't think he has to win rings to be the greatest ever, if he maintains this level of performance, even if he has leveled off, for a substantial amount of years, he will be the best ever.

tony hipchest
12-28-2009, 08:03 PM
I don't think he has to win rings to be the greatest ever, if he maintains this level of performance, even if he has leveled off, for a substantial amount of years, he will be the best ever.can i assume the "he" you are speaking of is labron (being that kobe has already won rings)?

anyways, i was rewarded with 4 tickets to a spurs game ($160 seats/ hotel and airfare for 4) to a selection of friday night games before the season ends.

i was a bit upset my boss quickly snagged the ones to see the cavs in late march. :doh: i still got the choice of the magic in early april or the suns in mid march (or the rockets, griz, and a few other stinkers a bit sooner). either way, i am psyched to see my first nba game live (and hope duncan and howard are both healthy and playing).

SteelersinCA
12-28-2009, 10:16 PM
I did, he as in LBJ. By substantial I mean longer than MJ or Kobe.

revefsreleets
12-29-2009, 07:53 AM
Intellectual dishonesty?

As his team gets better around him, he needs to do less, so his stats will suffer a bit. BUT you can see improvement THROUGH other stats, like his shooting becoming more accurate. Also, let's be honest about his blocks, steals and boards. They are off by small percentages. It's not like he was averaging 12 boards a game and it's dropped off to 5.

What's intellectually dishonest is letting bias and dislike taint logic. To say that a player has peaked because some stats have leveled off without juxtaposing that data against the larger circumstances equate to garbage in/garbage out.

Kobe is considered the best player in the NBA because that's just the way it's been. The changing of the guard is in full force, and it's simply a matter of time before the current "groupthink" changes and comes around...

SteelersinCA
12-29-2009, 10:45 AM
The flip side of the coin seems to escape you. No worries, you can take the opposite of every point you make and it is just as valid. Bias and infatuation are just as easy to taint logic. No one is going to look back at LBJ and say his ppg went down but his FG% went up by .3 and say he has achieved some sort of new peak. Some stats just don't matter as much as others in the grand scheme of things. If you choose not to acknowledge that, so be it. The SMALL percentages that his stats are up are even SMALLER percentages than the larger in number stats are down.

Which ultimately brings me back to my original post, at least we are making headway, if this is the statistical best LBJ gets, is this not his zenith? Are you really saying that because his FG% minutely increases that he has reached a new peak?

Edit: To put his FG% increase in perspective he is up .013% which translates into about 19 FGs over the course of a season (takes roughly 1600 shots) Conversely his turnovers are up .7 a game. That's 57.4 turnovers more over the course of a season. Your contention is that he has elevated his play? You would take 19 more FGs over a season versus 57 turnovers? (Yes, I left out his increase and 3PT% and decrease in FT%, feel free to do the math on your own)

revefsreleets
12-29-2009, 12:01 PM
This is the same as every other debate with you....you're right, I'm wrong, and you'll argue FOREVER about it...

I'll be moving along now....

Nadroj 20
12-29-2009, 12:12 PM
Just to clear things up this is a 2009-2010 NBA thread....:chuckle:

revefsreleets
12-29-2009, 12:47 PM
http://www.indysportsnation.com/sports/pro/basketball/isn-111909-pacers-lebron,0,7141442.story

Pacers: Team sees LeBron improve in different ways
Yet each Indiana player, coach believes that James is one of, if not the best player in the league

NDIANAPOLIS - The question might seem unusual, considering the player to which it concerns.

He's never averaged under 20 points, not even when he was an 18-year old rookie. He's been an All-Star every year since 2005 and last season was the NBA's Most Valuable Player.

Yet when Jim O'Brien was asked how LeBron James has improved, he had a very straight answer.

"He went from being a mediocre defensive player to being first team all-defense," said O'Brien of the Cavaliers' best player.

rying to evaluate the forward's progress since he joined the league in 2003 is not a proposition of looking a wholesale changes, but rather little tweaks to his game that have made him more effective, and have turned Cleveland into a front runner for the NBA championship.

"They're a guy whose willed himself to do whatever it takes to help Cleveland win," said O'Brien of James. "He's a remarkable young man with a burning desire to give his team whatever is necessary to bring them a championship and win the next basketball."

Forward Danny Granger, while citing James' offensive exploits, says that his extra emphasis on the defensive end has made him more of a threat than in the past.

"He's always been highly athletic, I think when he put into his mind that he wanted to play defense, he can literally guard anybody," said Granger of James. "He can probably guard forwards and centers also because he's 270 pounds, so pretty much the sky the limit for what he can do."

When the same question was posed to forward Troy Murphy, he had a different response.

"His shooting, the way he's improved shooting the ball," said the Pacers forward of James. "Now he's got the step back, hitting threes. He's a threat to go to the cup and hit the jumper."

Read: Pacers Fall To Knicks 110-103

But there is at least one thing that the Pacers are in agreement with when it comes to Cleveland's No. 23. The player often nicknamed "The King" is every bit of his monnicker.

"He's in another world, athletically than anyone in professional sports period," said Granger of James.

O'Brien-who has been in coaching for over 30 years, would side with Granger as well.

"Some of them have him as the best player in the league and I wouldn't dispute that," said O'Brien. "He doesn't like to lose, he's a great leader of that ballclub."

James' statistics through 12 games show he's right on pace with his previous seasons as he's averaging 27.3 points per game with 8.1 assists per game while grabbing 6.6 rebounds a contest. Helping to provide some protection for the star is veteran Shaquille O'Neal, who joined the team via trade this off season.

Read: Pacers Beat Nets To Win Fifth In A Row

But a strained shoulder will keep O'Neal out of the Cavaliers lineup Friday against the Pacers, and while James injured his wrist on Wednesday against the Wizards, its not likely he'll sit out at Conseco Fieldhouse.

"He's the best player in the league, and we'll have to prepare for him," said Murphy of James. "He's a load, he's a handful."

SteelersinCA
12-29-2009, 06:48 PM
http://www.indysportsnation.com/sports/pro/basketball/isn-111909-pacers-lebron,0,7141442.story

James' statistics through 12 games show he's right on pace with his previous seasons as he's averaging 27.3 points per game with 8.1 assists per game while grabbing 6.6 rebounds a contest. "

Thank you, now we agree.

Nadroj 20
12-30-2009, 10:28 AM
Happy Birthday to LeBron James today.

Nadroj 20
01-21-2010, 09:29 PM
Close game Cavs vs Lakers on TNT, LBJ is playing great.

revefsreleets
01-22-2010, 10:20 AM
2-0 vs. the Lakers this year...nice dominating performance by LBJ, as well. He completely took over the game at the end there...

LBJ 37 points, 5 boards, 9 assists, and the win.
Kobe 31 points (and it took 31 shots to get them), 2 boards, 4 assists.

This is the season that will mark the true and final changing of the guard, even for those who refuse to acknowledge this inevitable change. For the "stats don't matter" crowd, they Cavs swept the series. For the stats people, LBJ won the battle and the war so far this year.

xfl2001fan
02-04-2010, 11:36 AM
LBJ with 50 assists in the last 4 games, while the Cavs have played without their two starting guards from last teams 66 win season. That's MVP worthy there!

revefsreleets
02-04-2010, 12:04 PM
Hear Hear!

He's also been taking over games late...another hater knock on him dispelled...

SteelerNation12
02-04-2010, 05:32 PM
Happy with the way the Cavs have played without Mo Williams. AP and Moon have been solid for us. I excepted a little more outta AP, but I'll settle for what he is doing for us. I've been impressed with Hickson as well, not sure I wanna deal him unless we are getting a really good player in return. Those would be AI2, Jamison or Amar'e. Don't want Murphy if it means Hickson is gone.

revefsreleets
02-05-2010, 09:13 AM
I don't see the Cavs dealing Hickson now that's the project has come to fruition.

Nadroj 20
02-05-2010, 11:56 AM
IMO Monta Ellis of the warriors should have been invited to the allstar game, and when chris paul went down i thought there was another chance he has at going, but instead they picked Chancy Billups whose stats arent as great, however he plays on a winning team.

SO basically monta is getting punished by being on a bad team and that takes away from personal awards he could possible win like making the allstar game....

O yea after they annoucned billups was the replacement ellis went out and scored a career high 46 points...

He deserved to be at least mentioned as an all star.

SteelerNation12
02-05-2010, 06:05 PM
IMO Monta Ellis of the warriors should have been invited to the allstar game, and when chris paul went down i thought there was another chance he has at going, but instead they picked Chancy Billups whose stats arent as great, however he plays on a winning team.

SO basically monta is getting punished by being on a bad team and that takes away from personal awards he could possible win like making the allstar game....

O yea after they annoucned billups was the replacement ellis went out and scored a career high 46 points...

Thats the NBA for you, guys like Allen Iverson are in it this year and they have done nothing to deserve it. The NBA all star voting is more broken than the NFLs.

xfl2001fan
02-05-2010, 08:58 PM

The thing is, without Melo, the Nuggets have still managed to post a winning record...and a lot of that has to do with Chauncey. (I think they're like 9-6)

That being said, Tracy McGrady was nearly voted as an All-Star starter, AI is a starter...Duncan is listed as a PF (he's a C), Stoudemire is listed as a C (he's really a PF)...All-Star means nothing IMO. All-NBA is where you get a little more serious.

Nadroj 20
02-11-2010, 11:11 AM
Stephen Curry had 36 points 10 rebounds and 13 assists last night in there first win in 9 games, and he did this without Ellis and Maggette who are GS leading scorers.....he proved last night when he is in control he can make things happen and he did so with players most people have never heard of.

When ellis is in the game he is doing alot and currys shot totals go down and he doesnt have the oppurtunity like last night to show what kind of true PG he can be....STEPH CURRY for ROY...:chuckle:

Also he hit 7 3s so watch for him in Friday nights 3 point contest :thumbsup:

xfl2001fan
02-11-2010, 01:20 PM
Stephen Curry had 36 points 10 rebounds and 13 assists last night in there first win in 9 games, and he did this without Ellis and Maggette who are GS leading scorers.....he proved last night when he is in control he can make things happen and he did so with players most people have never heard of.

When ellis is in the game he is doing alot and currys shot totals go down and he doesnt have the oppurtunity like last night to show what kind of true PG he can be....STEPH CURRY for ROY...:chuckle:

Also he hit 7 3s so watch for him in Friday nights 3 point contest :thumbsup:

Curry was impressive that game. I had him pegged (coming out of college) as a guy who would be a damn good role player (Spot Up Shooter) but little else. He had a gutsy performance. Of course, he just raised the bar a lot higher in the eyes of the rest of the NBA (and those who watch it.) While no one (realistically) expects him to perform like that every night...he needs to have a sustained step up in his game.

revefsreleets
02-11-2010, 01:26 PM
James' stat line is getting ridiculous, by the way. 30 PPG, shooting 51% from the floor, 7.1 boards, 8.2 assists. And all this while having to play PG most of the way....

xfl2001fan
02-11-2010, 02:00 PM
Aye, he had something like 32 points and 11 assists the other night (but only 3 rebounds...he must be on the decline!) :P

xfl2001fan
02-12-2010, 08:31 AM
32 points, 13 assists and 8 rebounds against the Magic last night, as Cleveland is now 4-0 against last years NBA Finals teams. Delonte came back and looked...not terrible. I think that he won't be around for the playoffs though because of his legal issues. (That's a shame, because he's a great defender, but he needs to be suspended and do his time.)

Still, Mo Williams is not back yet...and Lebron is playing great ball. JJ Hickson is rapidly improving...and Varejao needs to get more attention as 6th man of the year + All-NBA Defense team. He's phenomenal.

xfl2001fan
02-13-2010, 09:14 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nba/news/story?id=4912262

Dallas Mavericks Receive:
Caron Butler, Brendan Haywood and DeShawn Stevenson

Washington Wizards Receive:
Josh Howard, Drew Gooden, Quinton Ross and James Singleton

xfl2001fan
02-14-2010, 01:26 PM
It's looking like Amar'e Stoudemire to the Cavs is starting to really heat up. Don't know that I like this move by the Cavs. But if it wins us the ship, then I'm all for it!

Nadroj 20
02-14-2010, 04:50 PM
It's looking like Amar'e Stoudemire to the Cavs is starting to really heat up. Don't know that I like this move by the Cavs. But if it wins us the ship, then I'm all for it!

The only thing that would suck would be them losing Hickson who im pretty sure they will have to give up. But maybe bringing in an allstar will make LBJ decide easier to just stay in cleveland next year even more so if they win the championship this season.

xfl2001fan
02-15-2010, 01:59 PM
The only thing that would suck would be them losing Hickson who im pretty sure they will have to give up. But maybe bringing in an allstar will make LBJ decide easier to just stay in cleveland next year even more so if they win the championship this season.

Losing Hickson will hurt some...he's finally starting to figure things out. That being said...it's hard to pass on an all-star. Especially if all we have to give up (essentially) is Hickson.

Lebron would finally have his "Pippen". Personally, I'd rather have a Bosh or an Iguodala...but Amar'e would suffice.

Nadroj 20
02-27-2010, 11:30 AM
Z will prob re sign with cleveland here in a few weeks, im glad it worked out for him and he gets to go back there

Nadroj 20
02-27-2010, 11:31 AM
Stephen Curry has scored at least 30 points with at least 10 ast. twice this year. The record for a rookie is doing that 3 times and that was LeBron

I would love to see curry get two more 30 and 10 games haha

xfl2001fan
03-15-2010, 08:32 PM
He's running out of time to do it...Z will be back in a week. Cleveland is winning without Shaq or Z (granted, against weak competition...but it needs to be done).

I'm liking the way this season is shaping up. I just don't want to see Charlotte in the playoffs. They scare me more than any other team. Then Denver....but we only see them in the 'Ship anyways.

Nadroj 20
03-15-2010, 08:42 PM
He's running out of time to do it...Z will be back in a week. Cleveland is winning without Shaq or Z (granted, against weak competition...but it needs to be done).

I'm liking the way this season is shaping up. I just don't want to see Charlotte in the playoffs. They scare me more than any other team. Then Denver....but we only see them in the 'Ship anyways.

Ah he already passed it hes at at least 4 now lol

tony hipchest
03-15-2010, 09:07 PM
kevin durant is a 10th of a ppg away from over taking labron for the scoring title lead.

go sonics! :tt02:

Nadroj 20
03-15-2010, 09:39 PM
kevin durant is a 10th of a ppg away from over taking labron for the scoring title lead.

go sonics! :tt02:

Woooh go Supersonics! :thumbsup:

:rofl:

xfl2001fan
03-18-2010, 07:09 PM
Cavs = First to 50 wins, best record in the NBA and first to clinch the division...despite an injury plagued year.

tony hipchest
03-18-2010, 07:21 PM
Cavs = First to 50 wins, best record in the NBA and first to clinch the division...despite an injury plagued year.i was gonna go see them mar. 26 in san antonio, but my boss jumped on the tickets.

i had to settle with orlando magic the following week. now she's not even sure she is gonna go, and all my travel arrangements are already made.... :doh:

oh well, duncan + lewis, carter, and howard are all favorites of mine and not a bad show for my first nba game, still i hate missing a rare opportunity to bear witness to king james.

xfl2001fan
03-19-2010, 04:43 AM
i was gonna go see them mar. 26 in san antonio, but my boss jumped on the tickets.

i had to settle with orlando magic the following week. now she's not even sure she is gonna go, and all my travel arrangements are already made.... :doh:

oh well, duncan + lewis, carter, and howard are all favorites of mine and not a bad show for my first nba game, still i hate missing a rare opportunity to bear witness to king james.

Wow...that does suck. Still, I hope you enjoy your NBA game. I have yet to be able to get to one. Hoping this next season an opportunity will arise that I get to go.

SteelerNation12
03-20-2010, 01:21 PM
I haven't even been to a Cavs game and I live in Canton lol. Its too expensive anymore. Not to mention, the people are idiots. Can't drive worth a damn

Nadroj 20
03-20-2010, 03:30 PM
I have never been to an NBA game either and i really wish i get the chance to go to one someday, preferably Cleveland vs Golden State in cleveland.

tony hipchest
03-20-2010, 04:37 PM
damn, you guys are spoiled living so close. i have about 3 choices to go to a ball game (this goes for football and baseball as well)-

drive 6 hours phoenix, 9 hours to denver, or 12 hours to dallas. :banging:

i looked up my spurs tickets online to check out the seating ($110 is alot to pay for a single game) and they had $20 nosebleeders which isnt too bad.

xfl2001fan
03-21-2010, 07:28 AM
My problems have almost always been due to Time vs Money issue. When I have the time, I don't have the money. When I have the money, I don't have the time.

fansince'76
03-21-2010, 08:22 AM
I have never been to an NBA game either and i really wish i get the chance to go to one someday, preferably Cleveland vs Golden State in cleveland.

I was able to go to two Nuggets home games during a first round playoff series with the Timberwolves a few years back. Pretty cool experience. :thumbsup:

xfl2001fan
04-10-2010, 09:58 PM
Cavs = Homefield, Lebron = MVP (and resting before playoffs.)

The real season is about to begin.

revefsreleets
04-13-2010, 01:53 PM
Cavs = Homefield, Lebron = MVP (and resting before playoffs.)

The real season is about to begin.

LeBron...29.7 per game, 7.3 rebounds, 8.6 Assists (shattering Larry Bird's record for forwards of 7.6), only player in the top 5 scoring to shoot better than 50%.

And he took the last 3 games off. Shoe-in for MVP. And the second best player in the NBA, Kobe? He'll finish 4th in voting behind Durant and Dwight Howard (or he SHOULD, anyway).

This year was the true changing of the guard. Even the haters have to finally acknowledge James is the best in the league.

As for the title? They have Shaq back to neutralize Howard, and Jamison to take all the scoring pressure off James. They are a much more well-rounded team than last year. With homecourt and everyone healthy and rested, the title is theirs to lose.

Nadroj 20
05-01-2010, 07:00 PM
Watching Game 1 of the cavs and celtics tonight, lets see lebron prove his elbow is fine by him scoring 40 or so!

xfl2001fan
05-02-2010, 07:30 AM
He had an "ordinary" 35-7-7 night... It's sad that you can watch a player get those numbers and not realize it's happening while it's actually happening.

Still can't believe Mo dunked it.

Lebron was not the unanimous MVP. I think he had like 109 of 121 1st place votes. Really? How could he not be the MVP?

Nadroj 20
05-02-2010, 11:12 AM
He had an "ordinary" 35-7-7 night... It's sad that you can watch a player get those numbers and not realize it's happening while it's actually happening.

Still can't believe Mo dunked it.

Lebron was not the unanimous MVP. I think he had like 109 of 121 1st place votes. Really? How could he not be the MVP?

Well even though he shouldnt have been Kobe is going to get some votes and then this year with what Durant did and him being the scoring champ, im sure he got some votes too.

No doubt at all LBJ is MVP, but there were other guys that deservred to be at least considered.

polamalubeast
05-02-2010, 11:59 AM
Mo Williams' dunk & Mike Brown's reaction

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPb2nZPxffU

:toofunny::toofunny::toofunny::toofunny::toofunny: :rofl::rofl:

xfl2001fan
05-02-2010, 01:32 PM
Some people are giving him flak for his post game reaction...but the question (like the dunk) just sort of came out of nowhere. Too funny!

It's one thing to be Ehlo (and have MJ posterize you)...but for Mo Williams to dunk on you...that's just wrong.

xfl2001fan
05-02-2010, 04:03 PM
Well even though he shouldnt have been Kobe is going to get some votes and then this year with what Durant did and him being the scoring champ, im sure he got some votes too.

No doubt at all LBJ is MVP, but there were other guys that deservred to be at least considered.

Kobe doesn't deserve any first place votes...and Durant may have won the scoring title (barely over Lebron who didn't even play in the last few games)...but he doesn't produce on the level that Lebron does at all with an overall game. Lebron connected on a far better percentage while also breaking the NBA record for Assists by a Forward (and being, I believe 5th in the league at APG.) But some people think that Durant and Kobe deserve it more? :noidea:

Nadroj 20
05-02-2010, 06:28 PM
Kobe doesn't deserve any first place votes...and Durant may have won the scoring title (barely over Lebron who didn't even play in the last few games)...but he doesn't produce on the level that Lebron does at all with an overall game. Lebron connected on a far better percentage while also breaking the NBA record for Assists by a Forward (and being, I believe 5th in the league at APG.) But some people think that Durant and Kobe deserve it more? :noidea:

Im sure some people think that. I for one do not agree with them but why is it so hard to understand that people may think that? Its their opinion and i was just saying what they could be thinking.

revefsreleets
05-03-2010, 09:43 AM
116 of 123 first place votes. Second most lopsided margin of MVP voting (596 points over Durant) behind Shaq's 799 in 99-00.

xfl2001fan
05-03-2010, 01:30 PM
116 of 123 first place votes. Second most lopsided margin of MVP voting (596 points over Durant) behind Shaq's 799 in 99-00.

Lebron didn't get all the first place votes...but no one has...and probably no one will. But how does he get 3rd place votes? That's insane. Even if you like Durant more...or Kobe...or Howard...how can you like 2 of the 3? That's just ridiculous. Durant isn't the best at his position...and with the way Kobe has played this year...he may not be either (Wade is up there). Only Howard can claim to be the best at his position...and his game has far more holes in it than James does.

revefsreleets
05-04-2010, 08:03 AM
Lebron didn't get all the first place votes...but no one has...and probably no one will. But how does he get 3rd place votes? That's insane. Even if you like Durant more...or Kobe...or Howard...how can you like 2 of the 3? That's just ridiculous. Durant isn't the best at his position...and with the way Kobe has played this year...he may not be either (Wade is up there). Only Howard can claim to be the best at his position...and his game has far more holes in it than James does.

Hate. We see it even on this board. Blind hate blinds...

xfl2001fan
05-04-2010, 10:55 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_CqDk4jAv_Y4/S931AiX-DCI/AAAAAAAACbE/eTE-_00qk2s/s1600/18.jpg

Yeah, we lost last night...but this was too funny too pass up.

revefsreleets
05-04-2010, 11:09 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_CqDk4jAv_Y4/S931AiX-DCI/AAAAAAAACbE/eTE-_00qk2s/s1600/18.jpg

You know, for being all of 6'1" and never dunking as a Cav, that was a surprisingly strong move.

xfl2001fan
05-04-2010, 11:26 AM
Do you really believe he was 6'1? :P

Yeah...hopefully last nights game was a wake up call to the Cavs that they can't just roll over these Celtics. This is a group of scrappy (border-line dirty...though they do cross that line often) players who are not afraid to be very very aggressive.

LBJ needs to rest his ailing elbow these next few days. Everyone else needs to take their skirts off and play with some intensity. Make Rondo fear the paint by giving him clean but extremely hard fouls everytime he goes there. We have the depth to survive a few extra fouls...especially if we decide to bring in a bench player for just that. I can see bringing Z in to lay a few hard hits...then let everyone else benefit while he rides the pine.

revefsreleets
05-04-2010, 02:43 PM
The bottom line is the Celtics are old and the Cavs are, for the most part, young. It's like boxing, where the old boxer needs to head butt and hit below the belt to hang in the fight, use all the tricks he's learned over the years. But the Cavs are simply the far better team and they need to overcome the adversity and win this series in 6 (or less)...

xfl2001fan
05-04-2010, 03:22 PM
The bottom line is the Celtics are old and the Cavs are, for the most part, young. It's like boxing, where the old boxer needs to head butt and hit below the belt to hang in the fight, use all the tricks he's learned over the years. But the Cavs are simply the far better team and they need to overcome the adversity and win this series in 6 (or less)...

I still think they'll take it in 6...and that we'll split these next two with Boston...before winning out the last two. I just don't believe that Boston can shoot that hot (over the rest of the series) like they did yesterday...while also keeping our shooting so low.

xfl2001fan
05-06-2010, 03:29 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nba/news/story?id=5167992

Danny Ainge fined 25K for throwing a towel (up) as a distraction when JJ Hickson was shooting free throws.

This is stupid. If he threw it at the player, fine. But he's sitting down and throws it up in the air. I see nothing wrong with this. It's not against the rules. It's not really an issue. And if JJ let it distract him...then clearly he has a focus issue...and it explains how Rasheed Wallace was able to have the game he had.

Nadroj 20
05-10-2010, 04:37 PM

This pic is great lol

Nadroj 20
05-10-2010, 04:39 PM
You know, for being all of 6'1" and never dunking as a Cav, that was a surprisingly strong move.

I am proud to say I am 6'1" and can dunk....but didnt start until AFTER i graduated high school :doh:......lol

MACH1
05-13-2010, 11:24 PM
http://26.media.tumblr.com/8Umytvl9ko5oht4nLXEQ2OZTo1_400.jpg

atlsteelers
05-14-2010, 07:58 AM
wow i thought my atlanta hawks stunk it up agianst orlando but the cavs and lebron put together one of the sorriest playoff eforts by a number one seed that i have ever seen.

xfl2001fan
05-14-2010, 04:50 PM
wow i thought my atlanta hawks stunk it up agianst orlando but the cavs and lebron put together one of the sorriest playoff eforts by a number one seed that i have ever seen.

It was a pretty bad attempt by the Cavs...but did Atlanta even compete?

Nadroj 20
05-14-2010, 10:10 PM
It was a pretty bad attempt by the Cavs...but did Atlanta even compete?

No they did not i say you have to win at least one game to say you kinda competed.