PDA

View Full Version : Spiller

BehindSteelCurtain
11-05-2009, 10:19 PM
I know he is projected to go in the top 15 but I see him as a a guy that slips. With Parker's future in question with PIT, I think Spiller would be a PERFECT pick.

Steelers haven't necessarily drafted for needs the last few years. No one expected the Steelers to get Mendenhall, a RB, and Sweed, a WR, with their first two picks.

That's just hoping that he falls. He has elite speed (runs track for clemson). pretty hard to bring down for a speed guy. And has playmaking ability.

Reminds me of Chris Johnson but better. Spiller always fights for the extra yards. Not to mention his special teams ability. Outstanding KR and PR. I think he will be a better version of Chris Johnson.

Nadroj 20
11-05-2009, 10:23 PM
I wouldnt dub him better then chris johnson yet but he wouldnt be a bad pick, however with where the steelers will hopefully be picking i do not see him fall back that far.

BehindSteelCurtain
11-05-2009, 10:34 PM
I wouldnt dub him better then chris johnson yet but he wouldnt be a bad pick, however with where the steelers will hopefully be picking i do not see him fall back that far.

Yea that's true but players do fall........

Nadroj 20
11-05-2009, 10:41 PM
Yea that's true but players do fall........

I know they do your right about that, its just my opinion he wont...however I wouldnt mind to see it if he does :thumbsup:

MasterOfPuppets
11-05-2009, 10:55 PM
do you realize spillar is 63 in the nation in rushing yards ? he only has 574 yds in 8 games. the ONLY thing i like about spillar is he can catch out of the backfield.he was thought to be a heisman candidate at the begining of the year....FAIL.... he won't be a first rd pick. :popcorn:

BehindSteelCurtain
11-05-2009, 11:02 PM
do you realize spillar is 63 in the nation in rushing yards ? he only has 574 yds in 8 games. the ONLY thing i like about spillar is he can catch out of the backfield.he was thought to be a heisman candidate at the begining of the year....FAIL.... he won't be a first rd pick. :popcorn:

You my friend are wrong. Check out his 5.1 YPC?

Leads the nation in all-purpose yards.

Don't know what you talking about, as far as I'm concerned he still is in Heisman contention. Spiller is the only offensive threat on the Tigers. To be getting that much attention by defenses and still doing the things he does is incredible.

Miami didn't kick a KO to him all game and the one time they do he takes it 90 yards to the house.

BehindSteelCurtain
11-05-2009, 11:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlyYj0HtY9c&feature=related

MasterOfPuppets
11-05-2009, 11:25 PM
You my friend are wrong. Check out his 5.1 YPC?

Leads the nation in all-purpose yards.

Don't know what you talking about, as far as I'm concerned he still is in Heisman contention. Spiller is the only offensive threat on the Tigers. To be getting that much attention by defenses and still doing the things he does is incredible.

Miami didn't kick a KO to him all game and the one time they do he takes it 90 yards to the house.
wrong ? about what ?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=192151

just go ahead and scroll down to 63...you'll also notice on the way down, there's probably 35 guys with a BETTER ypc avg...and more rushing yds..
http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/natlRank.jsp?year=2009&rpt=IA_playerrush&site=org&div=IA&dest=O

and here's the ALL PURPOSE YDS...which spillar is 6th
http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/natlRank.jsp?year=2009&rpt=IA_playeraprun&site=org&div=IA&dest=O

BehindSteelCurtain
11-05-2009, 11:41 PM
wrong ? about what ?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=192151

just go ahead and scroll down to 63...you'll also notice on the way down, there's probably 35 guys with a BETTER ypc avg...and more rushing yds..
http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/natlRank.jsp?year=2009&rpt=IA_playerrush&site=org&div=IA&dest=O

and here's the ALL PURPOSE YDS...which spillar is 6th
http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/natlRank.jsp?year=2009&rpt=IA_playeraprun&site=org&div=IA&dest=O

Fine man you obviously aren't a Spiller fan. The guy's playmaking ability is incredible. He carries his team.

MasterOfPuppets
11-05-2009, 11:52 PM
Fine man you obviously aren't a Spiller fan. The guy's playmaking ability is incredible. He carries his team.
oh i hate clemson (terp fan), but that has nothing to do with my thoughts on spillar. i think he's a hell of an athlete, i just don't think he'll go in the 1 st rd. there was 1500 yd running backs going in late2 and 3rd rd last year. i think his size may work against him and teams will only see him as a situational player. look at what steve slaton did at WVU....he went in the 3rd.

Nadroj 20
11-06-2009, 07:16 AM
http://www.nfldraftdog.com/Mock-Drafts/2010-nfl-mock-draft.html

This moch draft has him going at 12. I know its a moch draft but it says it was updated Nov. 1

For all we know it could be some nobody making these predictions lol but at least somebody else agrees with you BSC lol

Personally i think speed is a big factor with drafting a RB and i would say the combine performance would have as much weight as his stats (when that time comes) but we will have to wait and see.

MasterOfPuppets
11-07-2009, 11:56 PM
chris johnson ran a 4.24 at the combine...he went 24th....:noidea:

Nadroj 20
11-08-2009, 12:04 AM
chris johnson ran a 4.24 at the combine...he went 24th....:noidea:

LOL so based on one player your saying the combine doesnt matter? Why do coaches and scouts get so worked up about it then??

I actually think that helped him and he wouldnt have been drafted that high if he didnt run that fast.

He was the 4th RB taken that 4.24 made a difference im sure :coffee:

MasterOfPuppets
11-08-2009, 12:58 AM
LOL so based on one player your saying the combine doesnt matter? Why do coaches and scouts get so worked up about it then??

I actually think that helped him and he wouldnt have been drafted that high if he didnt run that fast.

He was the 4th RB taken that 4.24 made a difference im sure :coffee:

sure i think it helped him ...helped him a lot ...spillar might run a 4.35 if he's lucky. that might get him in the 1st rd...might not. my point is, the guy that ran the fastest 40 ever at the combine, only made it to 24th, because his college production wasn't as good as a lot of the other guys...just like spillars won't be.

Nadroj 20
11-08-2009, 05:25 PM
sure i think it helped him ...helped him a lot ...spillar might run a 4.35 if he's lucky. that might get him in the 1st rd...might not. my point is, the guy that ran the fastest 40 ever at the combine, only made it to 24th, because his college production wasn't as good as a lot of the other guys...just like spillars won't be.

Yes i understand what you mean i agree with you

That was my point in saying speed matters when drafting RB and thats why the combine is important, it helped johnson, and could help spiller.

Steely McSmash
11-09-2009, 12:07 AM
Wasn't Chris Johnson thought to be a second or third round pick that year? The 40 time for a RB isn't the be-all-end-all anyway, which is why Johnson wasn't rated at the top. -

You only need one team to fall in love with you to get that first round pick. Since Spillar is either the first or second RB in all the draft sites I'm going to guess that someone is going to take the guy. I caught a little bit of his game this week and he seems to have the stuff you can't teach.

Nadroj 20
11-14-2009, 04:58 PM
Spiller rushed for 97 yards and a TD, caught a TD AND threw a TD in todays game

supa_fly_steeler
11-15-2009, 10:39 AM
Would we really need spiller when we need someone like cody or a saftey?... i know theres a few very fast running backs goin into this draft as well.

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-15-2009, 10:45 AM
Would we really need spiller when we need someone like cody or a saftey?... i know theres a few very fast running backs goin into this draft as well.

We will take the BPA at a NEED position. Cody fits the bill, as does depth at Safety, Offensive Tackle, and LB.

devilsdancefloor
12-08-2009, 12:37 AM
I honestly do not seeing us taking another 1st round RB :noidea: But i also thought we would not have drafted Rushard either:noidea::noidea: But i really think we go safety NT ILB and then look for BPA