PDA

View Full Version : Cowher is a changed man

I.C. Lights
01-22-2006, 08:39 PM
I am so happy with the coaching in today's game. I can't believe the number of different schemes and players we used and almost all with perfect execution. It's a testament to this team; that Cowher trusts them to show how good they really are. I don't think we'll have to worry about stagnant offensive playcalling in the SB.

GO STEELERS!!!

LambertIsGod58
01-22-2006, 08:40 PM
I don't know...They were way too conservative once again today. They started to let Denver back in it. They were totally going against what had gotten them the big lead in the first half. They did it in Indy too.

Sharkissle29
01-22-2006, 08:42 PM
I don't know...They were way too conservative once again today. They started to let Denver back in it. They were totally going against what had gotten them the big lead in the first half. They did it in Indy too.
i agree, even though i thought we should run more in the second half, you gotta put the dagger in the heart. 2 drives inside their 50, and we get away with nothing. another TD there would already end it

I.C. Lights
01-22-2006, 08:44 PM
That's true... the coaching staff still has to work on saving us from this unnecessary torture, but I'm still very impressed with the first half.

3 to be 4
01-22-2006, 08:44 PM
man, i thought i'sd never be saying this.......

are you guys nuts?? hes just done the best stretch of coaching of his life!!!!!

enjoy enjoy enjoy

LambertIsGod58
01-22-2006, 08:45 PM
I don't know what it is...We can never play all game consistently. That's the one thing I really worry about going into Detroit.

14dathum
01-22-2006, 09:24 PM
way to conservative in second half . we will win 1 4 da thum and 1 4 da bus

Suitanim
01-22-2006, 09:27 PM
Yeah, this was a fight I fought and won against Steelers fans at Damon's. Let's examine.

The 1st play of the second half? A Steelers pass.

They passed a lot with the lead. Cowher also has a QB he can trust to do so now.

buswreck
01-22-2006, 09:30 PM
Steelers way too predictable,even with stupid trickplays thrown in. Look for randle-el to throw a huge interception in super bowl on a flea flicker. Our kicker Reed is going to miss 2 field goals as well. Hey we came further than anyone thought

sparky
01-22-2006, 09:33 PM
Steelers way too predictable,even with stupid trickplays thrown in. Look for randle-el to throw a huge interception in super bowl on a flea flicker. Our kicker Reed is going to miss 2 field goals as well. Hey we came further than anyone thought

Are you prepared to eat those words in the next few weeks?

Suitanim
01-22-2006, 09:34 PM

Wh-wh-what?

Go away loser...

TexaSteeler
01-22-2006, 09:43 PM
I don't know what it is...We can never play all game consistently. That's the one thing I really worry about going into Detroit.

I disagree. It's not about playing consistently, it's about chewing up clock when you're up 3 TD's. Same thing in the Colts game. It looks like we're not playing well, when in reality, they know what we're doing, which makes it easy to stop us. And we really don't care, because we're chewing clock. They turn the O back on just about as quickly when they need it.

It does drive me crazy, though. I would wish for the dagger too.

TexaSteeler
01-22-2006, 09:44 PM

You talk like Tonto, seagulls fan.

buswreck
01-22-2006, 09:50 PM
There is a reason Cowher has lasted so long in pittsburgh -- he comes cheap and he is a yes man-- his lucky ride ends now.

TexaSteeler
01-22-2006, 09:52 PM
Ya know, I (we) have said many years, that we were just a QB away from a championship. Then I saw Cowher loose all those AFC championship games doing the predictable, running the ball. It was easy to stop and we were. His refusal to change made me think he would never coach a championship in Pittsburgh. This change of gameplan this year has really made me believe in the Steelers as being the real deal and likely to win it all this year. This change in gameplan is probably directly related to the fact that they are no longer "a QB" away.

Ben is frickin' awesome.

buswreck
01-22-2006, 09:56 PM
Lets not get ahead of ourselves. Bennyboy is way overdue for one of his bone head games. But look at the bright side cowher can always bring in tommy maddox

Sharkissle29
01-22-2006, 09:57 PM
lol, at least try and hide it troll

Avoid Lloyd
01-23-2006, 12:03 AM

Wow. So you're one of THOSE people who call in after a huge win and complain about "being conservative." We won by 17 freaking points!

Cowher is 102-1-1 when leading by 11 points or more...for God's sake give the man a break!

102-1-1. There is nothing you can say that will make a better argument than that. 102-1-1.