PDA

View Full Version : Broncos just signed TY LAW

MACH1
11-06-2009, 03:42 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4629892

During a season in which Jeremiah Trotter, Junior Seau and Ahman Green each unexpectedly returned to football, cornerback Ty Law will now do the same.

AFC West blog

Williamson ESPN.com's Bill Williamson writes about all things AFC West in his division blog.

• Blog network: NFL Nation

Law and the Broncos have reached agreement on a contract that will add another former Patriot to Josh McDaniels' stable of them in Denver.

Law confirmed the developments when contacted Friday.

He is scheduled to fly to Denver on Friday to take a physical. Assuming he passes, Law will join the Broncos at a similar time to when he joined the New York Jets last season.

When the Jets signed him early in a week last year, Law suited up days later and participated in more than 50 plays covering Randy Moss.

He had wanted to return to football again and will now have the chance. Law, Brian Dawkins and Champ Bailey will give Denver arguably the most decorated defensive secondary in the league.

Adam Schefter is an ESPN NFL Insider.

Psyychoward86
11-06-2009, 04:28 PM
Past tense. They used to be some of the most decorated defensive backs in the league, although Dawkins is still playing at a high level, and Champ is playing lights out this year.

Law might be significant...

Dino 6 Rings
11-06-2009, 04:30 PM
Hope he can still stuff the run because we are going to RAM the ball down their Stinking Throats on Monday.

NJarhead
11-06-2009, 04:32 PM
Yikes. Ty Law, Champ Bailey and Brian Dawkins?

While a bit "mature" that's a pretty good secondary. Ty is probably not in football shape though.

Preacher
11-06-2009, 04:35 PM
Yikes. Ty Law, Champ Bailey and Brian Dawkins?

While a bit "mature" that's a pretty good secondary. Ty is probably not in football shape though.

I say find the receiver he is on, and send him deep every play.

NJarhead
11-06-2009, 04:41 PM

Yeah, I'm not worried about him physically. I know we can match that. What they have is a lot of is experience. So, I agree.

The Patriot
11-06-2009, 05:09 PM
Yeah, I'm not worried about him physically. I know we can match that. What they have is a lot of is experience. So, I agree.

He's not for you he's for Peyton Manning. He's intercepted him 5 times in their last two meetings.

NJarhead
11-06-2009, 05:13 PM
He's not for you he's for Peyton Manning. He's intercepted him 5 times in their last two meetings.

He may have an INT or two against us, but he's still been a good cover guy.

*cough*Yankees*cough* :wink02:

Christian Snyder
11-06-2009, 05:27 PM
That could make their already great secondary even better, if he still is a good player.

The Patriot
11-06-2009, 05:47 PM
He may have an INT or two against us, but he's still been a good cover guy.

*cough*Yankees*cough* :wink02:

I'm sure Mrs. Matsui is thrilled. Look how happy she was.

http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2008/03/28/alg_matsui_wife.jpg

steelwalls
11-06-2009, 06:41 PM

Could not agree more. Mtch him up with Wallace or Santo and he'll get burned all day long.

devilsdancefloor
11-06-2009, 07:12 PM
I think he is living on past glories. :noidea::noidea:

NJarhead
11-06-2009, 07:53 PM
I'm sure Mrs. Matsui is thrilled. Look how happy she was.

http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2008/03/28/alg_matsui_wife.jpg

Wanna bet that the Sawx try to sign him?

I was very happy for Batsui.

KeiselPower99
11-06-2009, 10:11 PM
If this was 5 years ago I might be scared.

Christian Snyder
11-07-2009, 08:12 AM
Wanna bet that the Sawx try to sign him?

I was very happy for Batsui. They better not sign him... We don't need another player with bad knees, I don't care if he can still hit a lot of HR's..:banging::banging:

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-07-2009, 09:34 AM
Law can play nickel corner and probably FS too. Nice addition and might be a guy that sees some time in the nickle to defend Ward or Miller. Not to worried. Still gonna be open WR's, Ben just has to find them and he's been doing that well so far this season.