PDA

View Full Version : Pelosi: "Buy a $15,000 health care policy or go to jail."

Fire Haley
11-06-2009, 07:24 PM
PELOSI: Buy a $15,000 Policy or Go to Jail

JCT Confirms Failure to Comply with Democrats’ Mandate Can Lead to 5 Years in Jail
Friday, November 06, 2009

Today, Ranking Member of the House Ways and Means Committee Dave Camp (R-MI) released a letter from the non-partisan Joint Committee on Taxation (JCT) confirming that the failure to comply with the individual mandate to buy health insurance contained in the Pelosi health care bill (H.R. 3962, as amended) could land people in jail.

The JCT letter makes clear that Americans who do not maintain “acceptable health insurance coverage” and who choose not to pay the bill’s new individual mandate tax (generally 2.5% of income), are subject to numerous civil and criminal penalties, including criminal fines of up to $250,000 and imprisonment of up to five years.

“H.R. 3962 provides that an individual (or a husband and wife in the case of a joint return) who does not, at any time during the taxable year, maintain acceptable health insurance coverage for himself or herself and each of his or her qualifying children is subject to an additional tax.”

http://republicans.waysandmeans.house.gov/News/DocumentSingle.aspx?DocumentID=153583

---------------------------------------------

Discuss.

GBMelBlount
11-06-2009, 07:48 PM
Thank you God!....for finally putting people in power who REALLY care about us and truly know what's best for us! :applaudit:

Things are so much better now that the government is quickly eliminating the greed, corruption and exploitation inherent in free markets and capitalism and forcing fairness and equality that is much needed and long overdue. :chuckle:

MACH1
11-06-2009, 08:12 PM
Freedom's great isn't it?

Vincent
11-06-2009, 08:49 PM
The time is approaching to gather up our sporting equipment in preparation for a visit to the capitol.

tony hipchest
11-06-2009, 08:51 PM
The time is approaching to gather up our sporting equipment in preparation for a visit to the capitol.:tt02: yeah, you might need a jock strap. :kick:

NJarhead
11-06-2009, 08:56 PM
:kick:

lol. You got that right. Needed one this whole year. :chuckle:

BTW - Is that emoticon a new one? Don't recall seeing it before.

fansince'76
11-06-2009, 09:06 PM
More "change we can believe in."

NJarhead
11-06-2009, 09:12 PM
More "change we can believe in."

:rofl:

I believe you can keep the change Homie. :chuckle:

Vincent
11-06-2009, 09:16 PM
:tt02: yeah, you might need a jock strap. :kick:

Nah. The caddy carries the clips. :chuckle:

Godfather
11-06-2009, 09:21 PM
A few months ago, someone posted a budget on here for a hypothetical family of four making $66K a year--and no room in the budget for health insurance.

Yet that family would be forced to buy insurance--and an expensive plan--even though they couldn't afford it, and would be ineligible for a subsidy or waiver because the budget experts in Congress determine that they can afford an additional expense of over $1000 a month.

steelwalls
11-06-2009, 11:45 PM
Wait I thought health care was supposed to be free now..... oh...my bad...

MACH1
11-07-2009, 12:14 AM
Wait I thought health care was supposed to be free now..... oh...my bad...

Free...Free...:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Only in obaama world.

steelwalls
11-07-2009, 12:23 AM
Free...Free...:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Only in obaama world.

:toofunny: :toofunny:

Did you guys see that one Dave Chappelle show where he spoofed running for president and spoke of health care?

I actually think his idea for affordable health care is better than anything offered from the Dems so far

"Fake Canadian I.D. cards for all Americans.... you get sick ...run on up to Canada and get yourself checked out"

:chuckle:

X-Terminator
11-07-2009, 12:25 AM
Only in America could someone who chooses not to buy government-approved health insurance end up spending more time in prison than a rapist or child molester.

Thanks Nancy! :coffee:

Thank God the Senate Finance Committee had the common sense to keep that provision out of their bill. No American should be penalized for what is supposed to be an option (which of course it never was to begin with, and this is confirmation).

tony hipchest
11-07-2009, 12:44 AM
Only in America could someone who chooses not to buy government-approved health insurance end up spending more time in prison than a rapist or child molester.

Thanks Nancy! :coffee:

.but doesnt that have as much to do with the failed war on drugs as much as anything else?

we must incarcerate dope dealers even if it means early releasing all the "rehabbed" 2nd degree murderers back into society.

what about the 16 year old girls who willingly give up a piece of ass to a 19 year old? kind of a shame they are labeled as "child molesters", no?

steelwalls
11-07-2009, 01:51 AM
what about the 16 year old girls who willingly give up a piece of ass to a 19 year old? kind of a shame they are labeled as "child molesters", no?

Depends on the state, but really has nothing to do with this thread.

MACH1
11-07-2009, 02:33 AM
In obaama world he will rehab the criminals and give them all the green jobs and make them productive members of society. :jerkit: All with free health care.

Preacher
11-07-2009, 03:25 AM
but doesnt that have as much to do with the failed war on drugs as much as anything else?

we must incarcerate dope dealers even if it means early releasing all the "rehabbed" 2nd degree murderers back into society.

Nope. That has to do with an idiotic thought that the federal govt. thinks its ok to mandate every family buy health care.

If I don't want healthcare, Its my choice not to buy it. Period. If I suffer for it, that is my choice also. If I go to the hospital, and get charged thousands, that is also my choice.

Those who don't buy healthcare because they CANT afford it, are STILL In the same place. They STILL can't afford it. So what, now you (fig.) are going to put people in jail just because they are poor?

steelwalls
11-07-2009, 04:02 AM
Nope. That has to do with an idiotic thought that the federal govt. thinks its ok to mandate every family buy health care.

If I don't want healthcare, Its my choice not to buy it. Period. If I suffer for it, that is my choice also. If I go to the hospital, and get charged thousands, that is also my choice.

Those who don't buy healthcare because they CANT afford it, are STILL In the same place. They STILL can't afford it. So what, now you (fig.) are going to put people in jail just because they are poor?

Terrific point Preacher, is this not discriminating against those that cannot afford it.....oh...my bad again.....dems do not descriminate.......