PDA

View Full Version : Belichick Q&A "Steelers are always going to be there"

VinnySteel
11-06-2009, 09:24 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=ArXPoNzFH3L1Y8EhjhcSPF5DubYF?slug=jc-belichickqa110609&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

I won't post the whole article, but I was just reading it and as much as I hate him, he seems like a pretty intelligent guy. The last question was awesome though:

Cole: Jimmy Johnson once said, if you don’t take too many risks, you can win nine or 10 games a year.

Belichick: Jimmy probably said the same thing to you that he once said to me: “You’re really only competing with about 10 teams a year. If you just say out of the way, the other 20 teams will screw it up themselves. Whether it’s ownership or personnel or coaching or some combination of factors.” Ego, internal struggle, something will happen to two-thirds of the teams, that was Jimmy’s theory. That leaves you with about 10 teams that you’re going to have to really battle with. Those teams have it together. They’re going to make good decisions and if you play bad football, they’re going to take advantage of it. They’re going to find some undrafted guy or some middle-round pick or some veteran free agent who is going to spark their team. Pittsburgh is always going to be there. Indianapolis is always going to be there. They may not win it, but they’ll be there. You’re going to have to beat them. Philadelphia is going to be there. Yeah, [quarterback Donovan] McNabb might get hurt one year and they might go 7-9, but they’re going to be there. You’re still battling them on every front.

I love how Pittsburgh is the first team he mentions.

RoethlisBURGHer
11-06-2009, 10:51 PM
For how much I hate Bellichick, I smiled when I read that. It's a sign of respect.

stb_steeler
11-06-2009, 11:43 PM
For how much I hate Bellichick, I smiled when I read that. It's a sign of respect.

Thats because he knows if the Steelers were playing him this year we would tear him a new one....:moon:

tony hipchest
11-06-2009, 11:49 PM
thats why he learned early in his career as a head coach, that the only way to beat the steelers is to cheat the steelers.

fug'hem.

iloveben7
11-07-2009, 12:00 AM
he mentioned us first because he had to cheat to beat us
I'd love so much to have a rematch of all the AFC Championship games we lost to the Pats and we'd come out on top this year

MasterOfPuppets
11-07-2009, 12:01 AM
i disreguard anything that comes from a proven cheaters mouth... if you got no problem with cheating, then ya got no problem with lying...:coffee:

MattsMe
11-07-2009, 12:08 AM
thats why he learned early in his career as a head coach, that the only way to beat the steelers is to cheat the steelers.

fug'hem.

Beat me to it.

Glace
11-07-2009, 04:41 AM
EVERYTHING with Belicheat is a mind game....don't read anything into it.

solardave
11-07-2009, 06:06 AM
i disreguard anything that comes from a proven cheaters mouth... if you got no problem with cheating, then ya got no problem with lying...:coffee:

Exactly. He probably had that smirk on his face while he was saying it. He has no class. He was stupid in Cleveland and now he's a genius. What happened? He didn't know he could cheat and get away with it in Cleveland. I think he's still stupid. Kraft taught him how to cheat because he knew he could get Goodell to cover it up if they got caught.
So it all went away. Tom is great and Bellicheck is a genius. And we're all gonna live happier ever after. Sigh.:popcorn:

HometownGal
11-07-2009, 06:59 AM
EVERYTHING with Belicheat is a mind game....don't read anything into it.

I agree and that is why I'm not putting any stock into what his "praise" *cough* *choke* *gag* of the Steelers. :upyours: him.

steelerchad
11-07-2009, 07:13 AM
I can actually picture an AFC playoff game with the Pats this year. It would be a dream come true to get them in the title game the last year of the decade and finish them off in Pittsburgh then head on to SB #7. Getting our 3rd Superbowl in 5 years and leaving no doubt about who was the best team of the 2000's, cheating or no cheating.

TackleMeBen
11-07-2009, 08:56 AM
i have to agree with who ever said belicheat was playing mind games, that is his ammo.. i would love to see a playoff rematch with the pats,especially at heinz field, b/c brady has said he hates to play there.

steeltheone
11-07-2009, 11:22 AM
I was at those AFC Championship games...The first one we were the better team.. the second one they were..

Steelboy84
11-07-2009, 12:21 PM
i have to agree with who ever said belicheat was playing mind games, that is his ammo.. i would love to see a playoff rematch with the pats,especially at heinz field, b/c brady has said he hates to play there.

I'm sure Goddell would "find" a "way" to "help" out his boy Brady.

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-07-2009, 12:26 PM
I agree and that is why I'm not putting any stock into what his "praise" *cough* *choke* *gag* of the Steelers. :upyours: him.

That...and I dont have enough respect for the man to make much of his "praise".

Raynestorm
11-07-2009, 12:38 PM
He's not going to far out on a limb with this comment. We've only been the most dominant team for the last 4 decades. We're there because we play buck strong defense and a conservative offense. Diverse (catching TE's) but conservative.

To win for the last 40 your FO is something special.

Let's see what happens to the Colts when Manning leaves and the Pat's when Brady leaves.

Steelboy84
11-07-2009, 12:57 PM
He's not going to far out on a limb with this comment. We've only been the most dominant team for the last 4 decades. We're there because we play buck strong defense and a conservative offense. Diverse (catching TE's) but conservative.

Let's see what happens to the Colts when Manning leaves and the Pat's when Brady leaves.

I'm only 25 (so my Steeler memories only go back so far), but you know something, I have to agree.

For the past 40 years, it could be argued that the Steelers have been the most consistent team in the NFL. Look at all the top SB winning franchises and how "consistent" they have been in the past 4 decades:

Steelers- 6 SB wins, we're the only team in league history to appear in a SB in 4 different decades.

Cowboys- 5 titles, but fell off in the 80's and haven't done anything in THIS decade.

49ers- 5 titles, 4 in the 80's, 1 in the 90's, haven't done much in this decade.

Cheatriots- recent success, first SB win in 2002, not much of a franchise before the infamous "tuck" (Brady) rule.

Raiders- 3 SB titles, but fell off in the 90's and haven't won a SB since 1983.

Redskins- 3 SB titles, nothing this decade

Broncos- 2 SB titles, nothing this decade

Giants- 3 SB titles, but did nothing during the 70's

Dolphins- 2 SB titles, nothing this decade

Packers- 3 SB titles, but nothing during the 70's, 80's, and not much this decade either

So when you look at it, yes Pittsburgh HAS BEEN the most CONSISTENT team of the past 40 years.

:tt03: :tt03::tt03:

Steelboy84
11-07-2009, 01:00 PM
Oh yea, only 3, 3, 3 HEAD COACHES during that 40 year span.

4xSBChamps
11-07-2009, 02:03 PM
I'm only 25, so my Steeler memories only go back so far...

Steelers- 6 SB wins, we're the only team in league history to appear in a SB in 4 different decades.

I'm 50, and can recall all Super Bowls played to-date except I, and by my recollection, 'em Stillers played in SBs during the '70s, '90s, and '00s, and as-great as the team was in the '70s, those teams of the '80s were fairly mediocre, but the franchise never bottomed-out like the CryGirls & Phagcisco did, or Oakland is doing:
we've been blessed with front office stability, but they've made their luck, too

Steelboy84
11-07-2009, 02:06 PM
I'm 50, and can recall all Super Bowls played to-date except I, and by my recollection, 'em Stillers played in SBs during the '70s, '90s, and '00s, and as-great as the team was in the '70s, those teams of the '80s were fairly mediocre, but the franchise never bottomed-out like the CryGirls & Phagcisco did, or Oakland is doing:
we've been blessed with front office stability, but they've made their luck, too

Well, they beat the Rams in January 1980. So I just had to be bias and "include" the 1980's as a SB appearance. lol

fansince'76
11-07-2009, 02:13 PM

Yep, I couldn't care less what the classless, cheating POS has to say about anything either.

chucoblack&gold
11-07-2009, 02:13 PM

real talk right there, Raynestorm :drink::thumbsup:

4xSBChamps
11-07-2009, 02:50 PM
Yep, I couldn't care less what the classless, cheating POS has to say about anything either.

I think you just offended classless, cheating POS's world-wide
:noidea:

The Patriot
11-07-2009, 03:52 PM
This means nothing to me!!!! :mad:

http://i563.photobucket.com/albums/ss74/4chantamahan/catsmile.jpg

X-Terminator
11-07-2009, 03:52 PM
Well, they beat the Rams in January 1980. So I just had to be bias and "include" the 1980's as a SB appearance. lol

Ah, but 1980 is the last year of the 1970s. This millennium didn't start in 2000, you know. :wink02:

Anyway, I believe the Raiders have appeared in a SB in each of the past 5 decades.

Steelboy84
11-07-2009, 04:17 PM
Ah, but 1980 is the last year of the 1970s. This millennium didn't start in 2000, you know. :wink02:

Anyway, I believe the Raiders have appeared in a SB in each of the past 5 decades.

The Raiders didn't appear in a SB during the 90's.

X-Terminator
11-07-2009, 05:39 PM

Oops, you're right. My bad.

Steelboy84
11-07-2009, 05:42 PM
Oops, you're right. My bad.

And the way they're heading, they won't be appearing any time soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

theplatypus
11-07-2009, 05:55 PM

One might say they didn't actually appear in the 2000's either. They were absolutely dismantled in every facet of the game in 2003.

Steelboy84
11-07-2009, 06:00 PM
One might say they didn't actually appear in the 2000's either. They were absolutely dismantled in every facet of the game in 2003.

As much as I hate and despise and hate the Tampa 2, it worked well for them that year.

SteelersMongol
11-08-2009, 07:08 AM
Oh, deep down He's So Scared From Us.