PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Quarterback Gives K-9 To Denver Police

mesaSteeler
11-06-2009, 09:53 PM
Steelers Quarterback Gives K-9 To Denver Police
DENVER (CBS4/AP) ―
http://cbs4denver.com/sports/roethlisberger.pittsburgh.steelers.2.1297186.html

Pittsburgh Steelers Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger is helping out Denver police. The Super Bowl Champion announced his latest grant will be given to the City of Denver Police Department for a new K-9 officer.

The Ben Roethlisberger Foundation distributes grants to police and fire departments in Pittsburgh, and cities of each regular season away opponent for the Steelers.

The Pittsburgh Steelers take on the Denver Broncos at Invesco Field at Mile High in Denver Monday, Nov. 9.

The Denver Police Department is seeking financial assistance to purchase a new canine to replace retiring canines at the end of this year.

The department's K-9 supervisor, Sgt. Evan Hvizdak, said The Ben Roethlisberger Foundation grant will allow the department to keep service dogs on the front lines.

The average grant for a police canine and a vest totals $8,000.

tony hipchest
11-06-2009, 10:13 PM
no new news here.

ben donates to the k-9 units of all cities he visits each year. (not sure if this means he plays favorites to the conference rivals or not, though)

stb_steeler
11-06-2009, 11:47 PM
Maybe he's just dog gone generous :hatsoff:

iloveben7
11-06-2009, 11:58 PM
I love that he does this

tony hipchest
11-06-2009, 11:59 PM
i would rather have our qb promote this cause than have the supposed 'mike jordan' of football, killing them.

let us not forget ben was publicly ripped for announcing the donation of playoff gamechecks (and encouraging other players to do so) to tsunami flood victims in indonesia.

what a media wh0re and bad guy. :rolleyes:

Galax Steeler
11-07-2009, 03:51 AM
Ben is the man.:applaudit:

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-07-2009, 04:08 AM
Was able to just read this article to a group of officers. Everyone of them are truly impressed.

Very cool!!!
:thumbsup:

solardave
11-07-2009, 06:12 AM
i would rather have our qb promote this cause than have the supposed 'mike jordan' of football, killing them.

let us not forget ben was publicly ripped for announcing the donation of playoff gamechecks (and encouraging other players to do so) to tsunami flood victims in indonesia.

what a media wh0re and bad guy. :rolleyes:

Yeah. He's a distraction to the whole team.LOL
A testament to what kind of players the FO looks for.

HometownGal
11-07-2009, 06:46 AM
Ben gave the borough in which I live, Brentwood, a grant last year to purchase our newest K9 officer. :drink: K9's are so vital to police departments and Ben is to be commended and revered for what he does for so many departments in need. :applaudit::hatsoff:

TackleMeBen
11-07-2009, 08:47 AM
that is a cool thing, especially when many state and local governments are having to cut budget cost and the police dept is usually the one that gets the axe in some cases.

juansteelers
11-07-2009, 08:49 PM
WELL JOB BEN YOU THE MAN