PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Vs Seahawks in Super Bowl 40

24seven
01-22-2006, 09:18 PM
So it has been written.. So it shall be done.. So we go to Detroit and GET R DONE!!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
01-22-2006, 09:39 PM
Bring on the hawks, we're ready !!

ngreene15
01-22-2006, 09:40 PM
Well this will be fun waiting and talking about the game for two weeks...

fergusonat
01-22-2006, 09:42 PM
'Twas a bad day to be named Jake today! GO STEELERS...win the EXTRA LARGE SUPERBOWL

:tt: :tt: :tt:

shevdog
01-22-2006, 10:28 PM
Wow, 2 weeks to lead into Super Bowl!

Treasure these XL moments!!

BlacknGold Bleeder
01-22-2006, 10:41 PM
PLUCK THE BIRDS !!!

Raidaz
01-22-2006, 10:46 PM
this one should be interesting

Seahawks Offense > Steelers Offense

Steelers Defense > Seahawks Defense

IMO

SteelR1
01-22-2006, 11:41 PM
This game is going to be a blood bath,, two evenly matched teams fighting it out in the trenches!!!!!!!!!!!

It's going to be a GREAT SUPER BOWL!!!!!!!!!

Brady12
01-22-2006, 11:45 PM

Lol, I'm sure you are ready, but the Steelers won't be. This week will be a great preparation week. I cannot wait until the game. It is gonna be awesome.

ZornToLargent
01-23-2006, 12:12 AM
This is going to be a great game.....and the LOOOONGEST 2 weeks leading up to it.

Congratulations to the Steelers and the Seahawks for being the two best teams in the NFL and appearing in Super Bowl XL!!!!

Seahawks Saint
01-23-2006, 12:27 AM
Congrats to the Steelers...you guys have looked great! You've "owned" two really good clubs...you definately have earned, and have our respect.

Good luck for a safe game!

Prosdo
01-23-2006, 01:32 AM
Thanks guys. Also you aren't kidding when you said longest two weeks!

akseahawkfan
01-23-2006, 03:29 AM
Diehard Seahawk fan here, but I've cheered for the Steelers whenever I could (especially against the Cowboys and Rams) I won't be talking a lot of crap this week, because I think these are two fairly evenly matched teams. The thought of Lofa taking on Bettis head on like he did Goings today will probably give me nightmares over the next couple of weeks. Should give Lofa some concerns as well.

Anyway, just wanted to check in, congratulate the Steelers on their win today and let you know I'll be around this week to talk about the game with you all.

AkSeahawkFan
http://www.seahawks.net

Prosdo
01-23-2006, 04:47 AM
This is awesome. I think we have three Seahawks fans who signed up today. You all seem very cool and I look forward to having some talks about the game. Welcome to Steelers Fever guys. Congratulations to you for winning the NFC Championship. I am really excited about this game and I know it will be a good one.

HangoverMS
01-23-2006, 07:10 AM
Question for the Seahawks fans: Did Carolina have any business being in the NFC championship game?? They just really got their @$$e$ handed to them!

Steel - X
01-23-2006, 07:16 AM
Seahawks fans representing well already. Welcome all of you. You have come to the best Steelers site on the net.

This game will be one of the best games in my recent memory. Good luck to all. I am to hyped still this morning about last nights game to even look closely at the two teams matching up but you will get my take when I come down off this high!!

Prosdo
01-23-2006, 07:21 AM
Me too. I need to go buy a AFC Champions shirt today!

steelersgirl86
01-23-2006, 07:51 AM
Congrats to both teams..this is going to be a great super bowl...This is going to be a long two weeks...I have already had 2 phone calls this morning asking what kind of food we should have.....I have not even thought about that yet...I still have a headache....:dang: Well we are just under 2 weeks now....

akseahawkfan thanks for cheering us on are u still going to cheer us on????

I was cheering quietly for you guys lastnight...my husband is a panthers fan and i didnt want to play them in the super bowl because of that.....:boxing:

BritishSteel
01-23-2006, 08:31 AM
Congrats to the Seahawks fans - Welcome to your first Superbowl - if ever a set of fans deserve reward for long-standing support without the silverware to show for it, it's you.

Now we've both got the interminable 2 weeks of hype. Still, could be worse...we could have lost...right?

83-Steelers-43
01-23-2006, 08:47 AM
Congrats to the Steelers...you guys have looked great! You've "owned" two really good clubs...you definately have earned, and have our respect.

Good luck for a safe game!

Thanks and right back at you. Let's give the NFL world a good show.

Seahawk76
01-23-2006, 10:11 AM
Gratz to the Steelers. Seahawks season ticket holder here looking forward to talking some football over the next two weeks.

Seahawks Saint
01-23-2006, 10:12 AM
Thanks! I told my friends watching the game w/ me (before the game) that if we lost to Carolina, that I'd be rooting for the Steelers...not because of sour grapes, but because I'd like to see Cowher win the big one because of his and the Ronney family's tenacity and perseverence. Bill Cowher has made Pittsburgh into as consistant a program as any franchise in the NFL....a primary reason for my respect. It will indeed be interesting breaking the game down over the next few weeks. Oh, and by the way, if any trolls show up here that are Seahawks suporters...IGNORE them...they're just pathetic little pissants seeking meaning in their worthless lives. Some of the Seahawks trolls frequenting the Panthers forum, were totally out of hand, and I was so embarrassed that anyone would think all Seattle fans were of the same ilk. Thanks for letting me be a GUEST in your forum...I promise to keep my feet off of the coffee table, and to use a coaster.

Seahawks Saint

tony hipchest
01-23-2006, 10:21 AM
welcome seahawk fans. i wouldve been rooting for the hawks had the steelers not made it. i think alexander and hasselbeck are great and always rooted for chad brown since he first became a seahawk. plus the seahawks arent far removed from being and afc ally. should be a good game with the best runner going against a great run defense.

now even steelerfans have trouble figuring out how the steelers will play on offense so r. rhodes' guys have their work cut out for them. (is rhodes back and healthy or is someone else coaching them?)

bmovierat
01-23-2006, 11:39 AM
Congrats to all the seahawk fans. Your team beat Carolina so handedly, it was downright boring. ;-)

Now, do you have any good seahawk boards to suggest for us steeler fans?

seahawksfan
01-23-2006, 12:46 PM
Question for the Seahawks fans: Did Carolina have any business being in the NFC championship game?? They just really got their @$$e$ handed to them!

Well, they came in to a Seahawks team that has not been respected by the national press. The Panthers came in dinged. However, the real props go to a great game plan that shut down Steve Smith. Also, the 12th man again stepped up its' game. I was at yesterday's game and it was LOUD.

The next two weeks will have me glued to the NFL channel, ESPN, this site, and the Seahawks message board.

GO HAWKS!!!

seahawksfan
01-23-2006, 12:51 PM
Congrats to all the seahawk fans. Your team beat Carolina so handedly, it was downright boring. ;-)

Check out http://mb17.scout.com/fseahawksinsiderfrm1

marksashton
01-23-2006, 01:12 PM
Hi folks. I'm another Seahawk fan who would like to visit your great forum leading up to the big game. I started visiting this forum a few weeks back and it looks like a great place with lots of smart football people. I hereby promise to avoid dumb troll comments as much as is humanly possible given the circumstances.

In the interest of full disclosure, I grew up in Cleveland so the Browns are my true home team. As a Browns fan, I used to HATE the Steelers but I moved away from Cleveland about 25 years ago and when the EVIL Art Modell moved the Browns I lost some of my old passion. I'd still root for the Browns if they were in a big game but am now a pretty hard core Seahawks fan now that I've lived here for so long. My "rust belt" roots mean I root for the Steelers when they're not playing the Browns or Seahawks. I ABSOLUTELY rooted for them over my least favorite team of all - Denver Broncos. I bet you can guess why I loathe them so much. :)

So, it's going to be a fun couple of weeks and may the best team win.

Whidbey88
01-23-2006, 05:20 PM
Hi Steelers Fans - Yet another longsuffering Seahawks fan joining your board here.

First off, my hat is off to the Steelers fans. I think you all are the best fans in the NFL hands down. I am excited for the Super Bowl and think it is a great match up of teams but given what I know about your fans, I fully Detroit to be taken over with Terrible Towels and for the Steelers to have as close to a home game as you can while on the road.

Having said all that please forgive me for posting the following on your board, I am not trying to troll or gloat:

I CANNOT BELIEVE THE HAWKS ARE IN THE SUPERBOWL!!!!

You have to understand, having grown up in the Seattle area and having suffered through the late 80s & 90s I am a die hard fan but also have what all long suffering Seahawk fans have; deeply ingrained paranoia. For example, despite the fact we were killing Carolina last night I was driving my friends crazy. For example, going into half I was predicting the final to be 21-20 Carolina. It is amazing all of the "demons" this team has "exorcized" this season; can't finish a game, can't stay on a team if they are up, can't convert critical third downs, don't get breaks (I have never seen so many breaks go for a team e.g. Jay Feely), can't stay healty, etc.

Anyhow, enough blabbing already.

Good luck for a healthy game.

PS - Please don't judge us all by the idiots who are bound to show up and talk some really stupid smack.

NMHawkFan
01-23-2006, 06:10 PM
Congratulations to the Steeler Nation! Being in New Mexico I am surrounded by Denver fans and being an old AFC West fan, I even donned a Steeler hat for the game at the sportsbar. Anyways, here is to 2 weeks of unbearable stress waiting in anticipation of that first kick-off. You guys have had an amazing run during the playoffs and I have no doubt you will give us the ultimate challenge.

ZornToLargent
01-23-2006, 06:29 PM
Me too. I need to go buy a AFC Champions shirt today!
That's funny because I need to go buy an NFC Champions shirt or hat today as well. :D

24seven
01-23-2006, 06:32 PM
NFC stands for NO FU*KING CHANCE! Sorry to break it down this way for you.. :P

ZornToLargent
01-23-2006, 06:34 PM

Everyone here is invited to come on over to Seahawks Huddle (http://www.seahawkshuddle.com/v1/index.php) and talk some Seahawks football with us.

Trufant23
01-23-2006, 06:49 PM

AFC

ALWAYS FU*KING CHOKING!
Sorry to break it down this way for you

Trufant23
01-23-2006, 06:50 PM
Congratulations to the Steeler Nation! Being in New Mexico I am surrounded by Denver fans and being an old AFC West fan, I even donned a Steeler hat for the game at the sportsbar. Anyways, here is to 2 weeks of unbearable stress waiting in anticipation of that first kick-off. You guys have had an amazing run during the playoffs and I have no doubt you will give us the ultimate challenge.

What part of New Mexico are you from? Im in NM too.

NMHawkFan
01-24-2006, 09:16 AM

Live up in Farmington in the 4 corners area....you?

tony hipchest
01-24-2006, 09:34 AM

cool, some more new mexicans. so you all can verify that after you throw out the denver and dallas fans nm is pretty much a steeler state.

seahawksfan
01-24-2006, 12:34 PM
welcome seahawk fans. i wouldve been rooting for the hawks had the steelers not made it. i think alexander and hasselbeck are great and always rooted for chad brown since he first became a seahawk. plus the seahawks arent far removed from being and afc ally. should be a good game with the best runner going against a great run defense.

now even steelerfans have trouble figuring out how the steelers will play on offense so r. rhodes' guys have their work cut out for them. (is rhodes back and healthy or is someone else coaching them?)

Thanks for the kind words. Rhodes is in the coaches box but not coaching. He's acting in an advisory capacity while John Marshall, the 'backers coach, runs the defense.

NMHawkFan
01-24-2006, 12:39 PM
cool, some more new mexicans. so you all can verify that after you throw out the denver and dallas fans nm is pretty much a steeler state.

I can vouch for that, quite a few Steeler fans around here. Funny part around here is, when I first moved here about 2 years ago...NOBODY wore anything Seahawk related. Now, every sportsbar in town has at least 3 or 4 people wearing Seahawk stuff. I guess I am just not fond of bandwagon fans. True Seahawk fans have had some very tough years and now we can at least say we are going to SB 40 and our ranks get filled with bandwagon people who don't even know what a "Seahawk" is......sorry, just me ranting :)

GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DJMD
01-24-2006, 12:48 PM
Go Steelers,

Hasselbeck will be feeling the heat all day, and Hines Ward will rip up the secondary.

Living in Western Canada, we learn to hate the S--thawks because they are always on TV. Now that the ticket is here, no more crappy Hawks games.

Steelers will not lose!!

NMHawkFan
01-24-2006, 12:55 PM
Go Steelers,

Hasselbeck will be feeling the heat all day, and Hines Ward will rip up the secondary.

Living in Western Canada, we learn to hate the S--thawks because they are always on TV. Now that the ticket is here, no more crappy Hawks games.

Steelers will not lose!!

Well that makes sense right? Considering there are no other NFL teams even remotely close to Western Canada. The reason you only see the Seahawks on TV is actually a technological ploy by the Seahawk loving media moguls.......tinfoil rabbit ears on top of igloos will only pick up local broadcasting :cool:

Just a friendly jab at ya!!

benberger
01-24-2006, 01:08 PM
both steeler and seahawk fans are so happy to be in the super bowl....im sure seahawk fans know the feeling about not being able to take the smile off our faces right now....we'll see how long this lasts lol......in the meantime congrats seahawk fans.....see ya at super bowl extra large!!!!!!

SalukiSteelers
01-24-2006, 01:20 PM
This should be a pretty good SB, especially since it looks like the two best teams in the league actually made it. Seattle is the scariest, least-respected #1 seed that I can remember in a while.

Whoever doesn't think this team is legit hasn't been watching. They've got tough defense, an amazing offensive line, the NFL MVP, and a smart, athletic QB who had enough balls to predict an overtime win at Green Bay. Maybe it didn't work but you have to love the guy's confidence.

Pittsburgh has been playing just as well as the 'Hawks since the playoffs began and the Steelers have shown that they have just as tough defense, solid offensive line, and a young QB who could one day have a trophy case full of MVP's and SB trophies (a guy can dream, can't he?).

Two things that concern me as a Steelers fan: Seattle being able to run behind Walter Jones and the rest of the line and how well the Pittsburgh offensive line plays against the Seahawks defensive line.

If the Steelers can't figure out a way to slow down the run it's over. If the O-line doesn't keep Ben off his back, same story. Smart, Steelers football and a defense that's playing as well as it ever has since I've been watching have gotten the team this far. Let's hope they can do it one more time.

It's an old cliche, "this game was won in the trenches," but this game could really shake out that way.

NMHawkFan
01-24-2006, 01:38 PM
This should be a pretty good SB, especially since it looks like the two best teams in the league actually made it. Seattle is the scariest, least-respected #1 seed that I can remember in a while.

Whoever doesn't think this team is legit hasn't been watching. They've got tough defense, an amazing offensive line, the NFL MVP, and a smart, athletic QB who had enough balls to predict an overtime win at Green Bay. Maybe it didn't work but you have to love the guy's confidence.

Pittsburgh has been playing just as well as the 'Hawks since the playoffs began and the Steelers have shown that they have just as tough defense, solid offensive line, and a young QB who could one day have a trophy case full of MVP's and SB trophies (a guy can dream, can't he?).

Two things that concern me as a Steelers fan: Seattle being able to run behind Walter Jones and the rest of the line and how well the Pittsburgh offensive line plays against the Seahawks defensive line.

If the Steelers can't figure out a way to slow down the run it's over. If the O-line doesn't keep Ben off his back, same story. Smart, Steelers football and a defense that's playing as well as it ever has since I've been watching have gotten the team this far. Let's hope they can do it one more time.

It's an old cliche, "this game was won in the trenches," but this game could really shake out that way.

I agree 100% with you, the matchups on both sides of the ball have the makings of a very good game. Let's hope both teams show up with healthy rosters and solid game plans to make SB 40 one to remember.

Kjelstad
01-24-2006, 03:24 PM
This is awesome. I think we have three Seahawks fans who signed up today. You all seem very cool and I look forward to having some talks about the game. Welcome to Steelers Fever guys. Congratulations to you for winning the NFC Championship. I am really excited about this game and I know it will be a good one.

Make that 4. (Ok, quite a few now that I have read through this thread) Your boards are really civil. This is the first one for any team that has been I think. Besides the Seattle ones, perhaps, but we find it rude to even honk. Not that a few A-holes won't show up.

Less than Denver did I would say, sir.

Hey, there it is. Now we need people to come up with those rock solid reasons why, like "Hasselbeck might be gay"

Let the discussion begin

Prosdo
01-24-2006, 03:28 PM
Welcome to SF Kiel. We enjoy having opponents fans here. It's always fun.

clevestinks
01-24-2006, 03:48 PM
Saying Hasselback were gay, would be crossing the line, smack is cool, but nothing to gain by calling players out on their sexual preference , just to prove a point?

ZornToLargent
01-24-2006, 03:52 PM

That's a fair annalysis. Neither team is to be taken lightly at all. If the Seahawks play the way they played against the Panther's....there isn;t a team in the NFL they can't beat....and the same thing can be said for how well the Steelers played thew Broncos. The fact is....who ever wins will have to make the fewest mistakes and have their absolute A-Game on the field for both sides of the ball.

Livinginthe past
01-24-2006, 04:01 PM
Its going to be a fun match up for sure.

I have to say I am not a massive believer in schemes/ formations being a huge factor - like an earlier post stated - its all about the execution.

The pressure the Steelers have brought has been relentless during the playoffs - and it all starts with the 3 man line - Casey Hampton has had a big year at NT.

I believe that the Steelers are the more battle tested of the two sides and should react better to the high pressure situation of the Superbowl - they will benefit from playing in a much stronger conference.

With Ben upgraded to 'Elite' status I think the Steelers can also play from behind if the scenario arises - the last couple of years they havent had that capability.

The only slight cloud on the horizon would be that the Steelers played such an awesome game against the Broncos that they might have peaked early - I dont see how that particular game could have worked out any better for them - they certainly had more than their fair share of the breaks aswell.

NM

SteelCityMan786
01-24-2006, 04:08 PM

Couldn't aggree more man. points to you.

Hawkswin
01-24-2006, 04:11 PM

www.seahawksal.com is the best seahawks forum around. Fair warning, though. It's a family board, and they take that very seriously.