PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Timmons, Kirschke will sit out Monday's game in Denver

mesaSteeler
11-07-2009, 09:30 PM
Steelers Timmons, Kirschke will sit out Monday's game in Denver
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_652077.html
By Mark Kaboly, TRIBUNE REVIEW
Saturday, November 7, 2009

Already highly likely to be without safety Ryan Clark for Monday night's game against Denver, the Steelers will also be missing two more starters on the defensive side of the ball.

Inside linebacker Lawrence Timmons and defensive end Travis Kirschke missed practice for the third consecutive day today and each said after the final tune up before Monday's game that they will not play against the Broncos.

"I am not going to be able to play," said Timmons, who is nursing an ankle injury he suffered two weeks ago against Minnesota.

Kirschke, who already is filling in for the injured Aaron Smith at left end, has a torn left calf muscle that hasn't responded well enough over the past two weeks for him to give it a go Monday.

"No, I am no going to be able to go," Kirschke said. "I am just going to have to be patient."

Timmons will be replaced by Keyaron Fox while veteran Nick Eason will start for Kirschke.

As for Clark, he would not comment on whether or not he will play against the Broncos, but all indications point toward him sitting out even though he was listed on the today's practice report as a full participant.

The Steelers say they won't announce whether Clark will play in Denver until Monday night.

Clark nearly died following a game in Denver two years ago because of a rare blood disorder that is aggravated by playing in high altitude.

He had his spleen and gall bladder removed during separate operations, and he lost 30 pounds after the Oct. 21, 2007, game in Denver, which ended his season. Many of Clark's teammates told him he should skip the game.

steelwalls
11-07-2009, 09:56 PM
dam!!!!!!!! that sucks....

LambertLunatic
11-07-2009, 11:59 PM
hopefully Eason and Hood can step it up a notch while replacing Kirschke. I'm not quite so worried about Timmons missing the game. Fox impresses me. I don't think we'll see much if any dropoff with Fox in instead of Timmons.

devilsdancefloor
11-08-2009, 12:36 AM
well ziggy sunny & eason come on down which one of you are going to be the next to step up?:tt04::tt04::tt04:

MasterOfPuppets
11-08-2009, 01:28 AM
GEESH.....what a wuss...shoot up with cortizone and get your ass on the field nancy !!! :chuckle:

Preacher
11-08-2009, 01:32 AM
Well, I think there will be more of a drop off to Fox than people think. But we will still measure above grade at that position (amazing how we keep pulling those rabbits out of our hat).

Clark needs to sit his butt down. Don't even dress him. Heck, don't even let him get on the plane!

Anytime now, I am thinking Ziggy is going to make a couple BIG plays.

steelwalls
11-08-2009, 03:08 AM
Well, I think there will be more of a drop off to Fox than people think. But we will still measure above grade at that position (amazing how we keep pulling those rabbits out of our hat).

Clark needs to sit his butt down. Don't even dress him. Heck, don't even let him get on the plane!

I agree.

Come on Ziggy, show your stuff man.:tt04:

markymarc
11-08-2009, 12:10 PM

I agree 100% Preacher :tt02:

steelreserve
11-09-2009, 10:43 AM
Wow, only a couple more guys to go before we're missing half our defense. I'm surprised I haven't seen any stories about Harrison being out because an anvil fell on his head.

Oh well, at least the backups seem to know what they're doing...

LVSteelersfan
11-09-2009, 11:04 AM
Wow, only a couple more guys to go before we're missing half our defense. I'm surprised I haven't seen any stories about Harrison being out because an anvil fell on his head.

Oh well, at least the backups seem to know what they're doing...

Problem with that is in a fight against an anvil, Harrison would win. I wouldnt want to be that anvil. I think Harrison could beat Ditka too. (for those of you who remember that old SNL skit)

Sharkissle29
11-09-2009, 11:28 AM
word on the streets (keenan lewis' fb status) is that keenan will be active tonite, cant wait to see what he can do

Gnutella
11-09-2009, 01:29 PM
word on the streets (keenan lewis' fb status) is that keenan will be active tonite, cant wait to see what he can do

Hopefully more than Keiwan Ratliff.

rich4eagle
11-09-2009, 04:16 PM
Steelers Timmons, Kirschke will sit out Monday's game in Denver
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_652077.html
By Mark Kaboly, TRIBUNE REVIEW
Saturday, November 7, 2009

Already highly likely to be without safety Ryan Clark for Monday night's game against Denver, the Steelers will also be missing two more starters on the defensive side of the ball.

Inside linebacker Lawrence Timmons and defensive end Travis Kirschke missed practice for the third consecutive day today and each said after the final tune up before Monday's game that they will not play against the Broncos.

"I am not going to be able to play," said Timmons, who is nursing an ankle injury he suffered two weeks ago against Minnesota.

Kirschke, who already is filling in for the injured Aaron Smith at left end, has a torn left calf muscle that hasn't responded well enough over the past two weeks for him to give it a go Monday.

"No, I am no going to be able to go," Kirschke said. "I am just going to have to be patient."

Timmons will be replaced by Keyaron Fox while veteran Nick Eason will start for Kirschke.

As for Clark, he would not comment on whether or not he will play against the Broncos, but all indications point toward him sitting out even though he was listed on the today's practice report as a full participant.

The Steelers say they won't announce whether Clark will play in Denver until Monday night.

Clark nearly died following a game in Denver two years ago because of a rare blood disorder that is aggravated by playing in high altitude.

He had his spleen and gall bladder removed during separate operations, and he lost 30 pounds after the Oct. 21, 2007, game in Denver, which ended his season. Many of Clark's teammates told him he should skip the game.

Thanks, been searching for that info for a week or so....................Beat the crap out of em anyway:tt03:

cubanstogie
11-09-2009, 04:35 PM
I have a hunch Fox will have a great game tonight, then we will have a LB controversy!

MasterOfPuppets
11-09-2009, 04:53 PM
hopefully troy will be 100%... any news on him ?