View Full Version : Chiefs release Larry Johnson

NJarhead
11-09-2009, 11:05 AM
http://www.postchronicle.com/news/original/article_212266716.shtml

Idiot doesn't deserve to play football.

Indo
11-09-2009, 11:09 AM
No surprise there at all----

Even if you take away all of the derogatory slurs, he still CLEARLY shows lack of respect for his Head Coach and the KC organization as a whole. They needed to kick his @ss to the curb

fansince'76
11-09-2009, 11:13 AM
Black and Gold....vet minimum.... :blah: :blah: :blah:

The Duke
11-09-2009, 11:13 AM
hmm....for league minimum...:chuckle:

Guy is an idiot. Always liked Jamaal Charles better anyway

Indo
11-09-2009, 11:16 AM

:rofl:

Mendy Sucks!!
Willie's over the hill!
MeMo who?

We have a (black and gold)en opportunity to improve our running game!!!

fansince'76
11-09-2009, 11:22 AM

Mendy Sucks!!
Willie's over the hill!
MeMo who?

Countdown to the inevitable "Should the Steelers pick up LJ?" poll thread in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1....

KeiselPower99
11-09-2009, 11:25 AM
Houston would be a nice spot for him if he can learn to shut up

MACH1
11-09-2009, 11:28 AM

You beat me to it. :sofunny:

MACH1
11-09-2009, 11:29 AM
Countdown to the inevitable "Should the Steelers pick up LJ?" poll thread in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1....

The "official" poll.

NJarhead
11-09-2009, 11:36 AM

hmm....for league minimum...:chuckle:

Guy is an idiot. Always liked Jamaal Charles better anyway

Mendy Sucks!!
Willie's over the hill!
MeMo who?

The "official" poll.

:doh: Sorry guys, I forgot to consider that before I posted this thread. Can we lock it now? :chuckle:

fansince'76
11-09-2009, 11:40 AM
:doh: Sorry guys, I forgot to consider that before I posted this thread. Can we lock it now? :chuckle:

Either that, or we can just bump this one: http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=27975

NJarhead
11-09-2009, 11:52 AM
Either that, or we can just bump this one: http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=27975

Oh ... my ... goodness.

Angus Burgher
11-09-2009, 01:04 PM
LJ would make a great RB for the Las Vegas Locomotives. Signing him might actually get 100 people in the stadium.

Gnutella
11-09-2009, 01:12 PM
Chiefs fans got their wish. Larry Johnson won't break the franchise rushing record.

ricksteelers55
11-09-2009, 01:46 PM
Id rather bring back Najeh instead of signing Johnson

Christian Snyder
11-09-2009, 02:05 PM
Id rather bring back Najeh instead of signing Johnson
I'd much rather bring back Davenport than sign LJ.

KeiselPower99
11-09-2009, 02:06 PM
LJ would make a great RB for the Las Vegas Locomotives. Signing him might actually get 100 people in the stadium.

They easily get 100 into the stadium. Maybe with him they can get 500 in there.

devilsdancefloor
11-09-2009, 02:16 PM
well someone will over pay him or he is gonna end up in *

revefsreleets
11-09-2009, 02:32 PM
There's always the Raiders...

Christian Snyder
11-09-2009, 02:34 PM
There's always the Raiders...
Or the Cowboys,:chuckle: :wink02:

Glace
11-09-2009, 02:55 PM
A lot of controversy surrounding him, but if the Steelers were to make an offer, I'd support them and him.

He's a hell of a running back.

He never had the respect of Vermeil when Priest was still playing. The Chiefs went into total collapse mode when Herm took over.

Give this guy a solid organization, and he can turn it around. Guaranteed.

People saying he should never play again? WTF are you smoking? Vick was involved in dog fighting and shot his "loser" dogs....now his "comeback" is becoming the greatest story ever told according to reporters and analysts.

revefsreleets
11-09-2009, 03:00 PM
This guy isn't even in the same stratosphere as being Steelers material.

ZERO chance of this ever happening...and I'm surprised anyone is even taking the notion seriously...

Glace
11-09-2009, 03:05 PM
I'm not going to come onto these boards and root and pray that the Steelers pick him up....but if they did, I wouldn't be all butt-hurt. I would be slightly optimistic.

LJ will turn it around. Winning cures everything. Being cut like this is going to be a major wake-up call for this kid.

I'll bet the Patriots are already licking their chops anyways.

The Duke
11-09-2009, 03:12 PM
I'm not going to come onto these boards and root and pray that the Steelers pick him up....but if they did, I wouldn't be all butt-hurt. I would be slightly optimistic.

LJ will turn it around. Winning cures everything. Being cut like this is going to be a major wake-up call for this kid.

I'll bet the Patriots are already licking their chops anyways.

Wake up call? He's been wanting to be cut since last year. He said it many times

He's just a dumbass baby who finally got what he wanted

the redkins will probably sign him with portis' injury though. And since it's dan snyder he'll probably have no problem picking him before he clears waivers, having to pay his full salary

hindes204
11-09-2009, 03:15 PM
A lot of controversy surrounding him, but if the Steelers were to make an offer, I'd support them and him.

He's a hell of a running back.

He never had the respect of Vermeil when Priest was still playing. The Chiefs went into total collapse mode when Herm took over.

Give this guy a solid organization, and he can turn it around. Guaranteed.

People saying he should never play again? WTF are you smoking? Vick was involved in dog fighting and shot his "loser" dogs....now his "comeback" is becoming the greatest story ever told according to reporters and analysts.

:rofl: ...............................and so it begins :rofl:

I opened this thread waiting for the inevitable LJ in black and gold post.......this board never lets me down :rofl:

Indo
11-09-2009, 04:10 PM
If the thread was for amusement purposes only---I whole heartedly support it!

Ain't no way
Ain't no how
Larry "I'm really sorry" Johnson will ever wear The Black and Gold

He's a locker room cancer---just call him T. O., Jr.

(and I agree, the Foreskins will likely be the first to grab him---Danny-Boy Still has it in his head that the road to the Superbowl runs through his wallet)

fansince'76
11-09-2009, 04:17 PM
....I'm surprised anyone is even taking the notion seriously...

I'm not.

(and I agree, the Foreskins will likely be the first to grab him---Danny-Boy Still has it in his head that the road to the Superbowl runs through his wallet)

Bingo. And he'll grossly overpay LJ based on his performance circa 2005/2006, and continue to fire every HC who is stupid enough to accept a job from him and can't mold a winner out of the shit roster Snyder hands him as a collective result of such personnel moves on the current and continuing two-year rotational basis.

cubanstogie
11-09-2009, 04:21 PM
We need LJ like we need another Sweed. Seriously though I think we need him less than we did Vick. The Chargers could use him IMO. LT is a shade of what he once was, and Sproles is a 3rd down back. They are the best team without a good running game, a logical choice I would think.

Psyychoward86
11-09-2009, 05:58 PM
Come on Mangina......u know you want to

BlastFurnace
11-09-2009, 11:08 PM
According to www.profootballtalk.com, LJ wants to play for the Steelers.

No way it will happen though.

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-10-2009, 12:44 AM
Johnson has maybe 3 years left in the NFL. Probably with the Redskins, Browns, Raiders....heck even the Lions.

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-10-2009, 12:47 PM
Johnson has maybe 3 years left in the NFL. Probably with the Redskins, Browns, Raiders....heck even the Lions.

I wouldnt be surprised to see him signed by the Bears. That would actually be a pretty good fit.

KeiselPower99
11-10-2009, 02:47 PM
Houston is the team I can see him with.

msafford
11-16-2009, 02:26 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4660283

Bengals-Johnson union imminent?Comment Email Print Share ESPN.com news services

Former Kansas City Chiefs running back Larry Johnson was en route to Cincinnati on Monday and, barring a last-minute breakdown, he expects to sign with the AFC North-leading Bengals, a source familiar with the negotiations told ESPN's Michael Smith.

Johnson

A deal, if consummated, is expected to be for the prorated league minimum.

The Bengals, along with several other teams, first expressed interest in Johnson last week as depth behind Cedric Benson, who suffered a hip injury in Sunday's 18-12 victory at Pittsburgh.

If Johnson learns the offense quickly, it stands to reason he could be active for the Bengals on Sunday against the Raiders.

The Chiefs released Johnson last Monday, the day he was due back from his second (two-week) suspension in the past 12 months. His last brush with controversy came two weeks ago when he posted on his Twitter account a gay slur, insulted followers and questioned the competence of head coach Todd Haley.

Since rushing for a team-record 1,789 yards on an NFL-record 416 carries in 2006, Johnson was never quite the same in Kansas City.

In 2008, then-coach Herm Edwards benched him for three straight games for violating team rules and NFL commissioner Roger Goodell suspended him a fourth game for violating the league's player conduct policy.

Johnson was later sentenced to two years' probation after pleading guilty to two counts of disturbing the peace. One woman accused him of throwing a drink on her and another said he had pushed her head at a Kansas City nightspot.

After his huge year in '06, Johnson stayed away from training camp, demanding more money, and he got it, a six-year deal worth $45 million, including $19 million guaranteed.

But hampered by a foot injury, he wound up with only 559 yards and three touchdowns. In 2008, he ran for 874 yards as the Chiefs sank to 2-14. Still, Johnson was only 75 yards away from breaking Priest Holmes' team rushing record when the team let him go.

Michael Smith covers the NFL for ESPN. Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

Go figure. He'll fit in real well there. DICK.

TackleMeBen
11-16-2009, 02:30 PM
that means benson's hip injury is worse than what the bengals thought.

AllD
11-16-2009, 02:51 PM
That means he cost himself a lot of money if he's playing for minimum. I would rather play out the contact at KC for millions rather than go to the bungles for minimum. Even though the bungles make the playoffs, as stated by somebody else, they always find a way to slip on the banana peel.

TackleMeBen
11-16-2009, 02:56 PM
That means he cost himself a lot of money if he's playing for minimum. I would rather play out the contact at KC for millions rather than go to the bungles for minimum. Even though the bungles make the playoffs, as stated by somebody else, they always find a way to slip on the banana peel.
LJ cant play out his contract in KC, they released him and he passed waivers which made him a FA.

AllD
11-16-2009, 05:07 PM
LJ cant play out his contract in KC, they released him and he passed waivers which made him a FA.

I meant if he kept his mouth shut and was never waived. He might be going to the most expensive playoff game he ever went to.

Psyychoward86
11-16-2009, 05:24 PM
lol, right now bengals fans are like, "we dont need this guy." But aint that the same thing they were thinking with Cedric Benson last year? :stirthepot:

stillers4me
11-16-2009, 05:46 PM
And hopefully, that one cancer too many in that locker room.

bengalsfan21
11-16-2009, 08:02 PM
lol, right now bengals fans are like, "we dont need this guy." But aint that the same thing they were thinking with Cedric Benson last year? :stirthepot:

No we needed Benson considering there was no one else....China doll Perry was a bust from day one still can't believe they picked him.
Lots of Bengals fans like the move of picking up Johnson however Lewis has stated he is the 4th rb so unless there is an injury he won't touch the ball much.
However come playoffs I think he will be a factor...Also Bensons injury isn't bad he will be ready next week but I feel he should take the week off and rest, after all it is like playing arena league talent or minor league talent when it comes to the raiders lol

HometownGal
11-16-2009, 09:01 PM
after all it is like playing arena league talent or minor league talent when it comes to the raiders lol

Never underestimate an opponent - it may come back around to bite ya in the hiney. :wink: I know all too well, as I admittedly (and stupidly) underestimated your Bungles D yesterday.

Thank God LJ got signed by someone - now we don't have to read anymore posts on why he would look good in the black 'n gold. :horror: :thumbsup:

Christian Snyder
11-16-2009, 09:34 PM
Never underestimate an opponent - it may come back around to bite ya in the hiney. :wink: I know all too well, as I admittedly (and stupidly) underestimated your Bungles D yesterday.

Thank God LJ got signed by someone - now we don't have to read anymore posts on why he would look good in the black 'n gold. :horror: :thumbsup:
DITTO!!!!

revefsreleets
11-17-2009, 10:43 AM
He's a classless locker room cancer....a great fit in Cincinnati....

bengalsfan21
11-17-2009, 10:05 PM

It's hard to not underestimate a FB playing QB and a highly over drafted KR playing WR lol seriously if the Bengals can beat the defending champs twice and some how lose to Oakland I will not watch a game again this season.

bengalsfan21
11-17-2009, 10:05 PM
He's a classless locker room cancer....a great fit in Cincinnati....

good thing being inactive means he won't be in the locker room.

tony hipchest
11-17-2009, 10:11 PM
seriously if the Bengals can beat the defending champs twice and some how lose to Oakland I will not watch a game again this season.dont make promises you cant keep.

teh same team that beat the defending sb champions twice struggled for 74 minutes and 57 seconds to beat the powerhouse browns. :sofunny:

revefsreleets
11-18-2009, 11:31 AM
good thing being inactive means he won't be in the locker room.

Yeah, I'm sure they'll keep him sequestered from the rest of the team:blah: