PDA

View Full Version : Now this is class.

Avoid Lloyd
01-22-2006, 11:12 PM
"We did not complete the mission and it's frustrating," linebacker Ian Gold said. "But anytime you make it to the AFC championship game and you lose, you hope to lose to a team like that."

Rest can be found here. (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/football/nfl/specials/playoffs/2005/01/22/bc.fbn.afcchampionship.ap/index.html)

It's rare to see people pay a compliment like that in the face of defeat.

Brady12
01-22-2006, 11:20 PM
That is some pretty nice class, from a great part fo that Defense.

The JoKeR
01-22-2006, 11:31 PM
The whole broncos organization showed class today! Their fans did as well. Even the ones who came and trash talked came in and congratulated the steelers on the victory! It was a great game and whoever won would've deserved it. I'm just glad it was finally the steelers!

SteelR1
01-22-2006, 11:34 PM
Both teams are class acts!!

ngreene15
01-22-2006, 11:52 PM
I love hearing stuff like that.

Mamaduck43
01-23-2006, 01:16 AM
I have received phone calls and emails from some friends who are diehard Bronco fans... They have been more than gracious in their defeat, and were even gracious before the game in their 'smack' talk..... Nothing malicious, but some cute 'digs' here and there.....

I shudder to think of what a Pats/ Bengal AFCCG would have been like - - both teams are the kings of nasty smack and it would have gotten bad-nasty..... I peeked in at the Bengal board today, and they are still crying that if not for the 'injury', they would have been Detroit bound..... Good grief!!!!!!

All of the teams could take a sportsmanship lesson from todays' games.....

Prosdo
01-23-2006, 01:35 AM
Classy stuff right there.

24seven
01-23-2006, 02:52 AM
sounds like the only hothead was the bronco fan in my house.. He got pissed when Plummer threw his 2nd intereception and went in grabbed his 3 year old and said were outta here.. Scared the crap out of her and she started bawlin.. Made him look like an ass but then he somewhat calmed down a little and stayed to watch them score a td.. It's great to see people acting apropriately in defeat though as a true sportsman should..

clevestinks
01-23-2006, 04:12 AM
Atleast he is honest, you can keep your head high, when you get beat by the best