PDA

View Full Version : Steelers vs. Donks - Who Gets Your Game Ball?

HometownGal
11-09-2009, 11:31 PM
My gold game ball goes to Rashard Mendenhall, but imho, the entire team and coaching staff deserve game balls as well. :drink:

What a GREAT game by our boys in the black 'n gold. :applaudit::tt03::tt02::tt04::drink::hatsoff:

Steel-Bryan
11-09-2009, 11:32 PM
Ben, he marched that ball right down the field, and no one stopped him .

The Duke
11-09-2009, 11:34 PM
Keisel deserves one

Steel-Bryan
11-09-2009, 11:37 PM
I might have changed my mind. Ward, for hurdling bailey

ETL
11-09-2009, 11:43 PM
Holmes.

Made Champ Bailey look average - that is hard to do.

Nadroj 20
11-09-2009, 11:45 PM
I have two to give out.

Mendenhall gets the first game ball, when we needed him to run the clock out at the end he ran HARD and overall he had a great game

Defense as an entire unit gets the 2nd game ball, they played GREAT. Picked orton 3 times when he only had one coming into the game great game!

I do not want to forget the rest of the team though because the whole team played good ( 2nd half especially)

Preacher
11-09-2009, 11:47 PM
Mitch Berger

Steelboy84
the defense

They kept us in the game all night.

Steelboy84
Mitch Berger

:applaudit: :applaudit: :applaudit: :applaudit: :applaudit:

psusteelers4life
11-09-2009, 11:48 PM
It was a great complete game, it was a team effort . People steeping up when they need to Great Win... whole team and coaches et the gameball.

steelerchad
11-09-2009, 11:49 PM
Mendy. This guy is now 5th in yardage in the AFC. He was deactivated for 1 and had a couple more games with hardly any touches. He basically has close to 600 yards rushing in 5 games.

KeiselPower99
11-09-2009, 11:51 PM
O line and Keisel

Steelboy84
11-09-2009, 11:54 PM
My friend doesn't want to talk to me. She's mad.

:crying01:

Ah well, she'll get over it.

:tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :tt03:

Edman
Mitch Berger.

The first time he's ever came through for us. Thanks Mitch!

Preacher
I think the entire team gets the ball tonight.

Just a beautiful game all the way around.

Mordax
gotta give ben major credit for that drive after his fumble.

loved the announcers comment "well, looks like the Broncos pissed him off!"

:tt03:

GoSlash27
11-09-2009, 11:55 PM
Keisel the Diesel. Second game ball in a row from me.

Tankus_Maximus
11-09-2009, 11:55 PM
Tank's Game Ball goes to Ben, no wait..Mendi..no wait Hines....on 4th thought Troy, I mean the O-Line, wait give it to Harrison....aw to hell with it, it goes to the whole damn team!!

Even the ball-boy!

GridironWarrior
11-09-2009, 11:56 PM
The whole team, especially the Oline. They opened holes and protected Ben against a pretty good D. We are the hottest team, not the Saints.

Angus Burgher
11-09-2009, 11:57 PM
I literally can't decide. They ALL played well.

Ben, Mendy, Troy, Carter, Hines, Santonio, Wallace, Kiesel... any of these guys could get it.

shovelnose
11-10-2009, 12:02 AM
As flashy as the whole team was....Kiesel did a lot of little things. And for that he gets the ball!

BradfordTheGreat
11-10-2009, 12:03 AM
Mitch Berger

HAHAHA :rofl:

he looked solid at the beginning... I was asking my brother why he couldn't boom 50 yarders last season.

but that was before his laughable 25 yarders

toughsticks87
11-10-2009, 12:04 AM
It was a great complete game, it was a team effort . People steeping up when they need to Great Win... whole team and coaches et the gameball.

:tt03:

I'm pretty sure that's the most complete overall football game from the Steelers we've seen all season. What a game!

Now onto the Bungles. We need to really put in a lot of work into this week.

LVSteelersfan
11-10-2009, 12:12 AM
Gotta give it to Tyrone Carter for filling in well for Clark. 2 INTs, one taken to the house. Never thought I would say those words. Mendenhall is starting to be a beast. That was the so called number one defense in the NFL that let Mendenhall get 155 yards. This team is starting to go on all cylinders. If they could just quit screwing it up in the red zone. That INT was bad. But still. 28-10 on a hostile field on Monday night is AWESOME. I love this team. Let's go squash the Bungles next week.

devilsdancefloor
11-10-2009, 12:19 AM
Carter, Mendenahll & dline (step up with all the folks hurt ) :tt04::tt04::tt04::tt04::tt04::tt04:

SteelerFanInStl
11-10-2009, 12:20 AM
The whole team gets a game ball. :tt03:

tony hipchest
11-10-2009, 12:25 AM
1 ball, 1 player.

as a coach, i toss that ball to keisel (although its difficult to leave mendenhall out).

honorable mention to ryan clark for his desire, and t. carter for stepping in so well.

psusteelers4life
11-10-2009, 12:26 AM
I dont know but I kinda feel bad for fast willie I must be getting soft at my at my old age. Mendy looked good and the hogs did a good job tonight. all around good performance

pepsyman1
11-10-2009, 12:26 AM
Ya know what HTG? It's tough to give out just one game ball after that performance because EVERYONE came to play. This is the game we were talking about before that we were waiting for....a game that we really just put the screws to someone in the 2nd half and put them away. I'll go with Mendi too, although I was a little disappointed when he veered out of bounds on that long run instead of putting his shoulder down and plowing into the DB.

LukesDad88
11-10-2009, 12:27 AM
I gave the game ball to Mendy, but as usual, it slipped through his fingers. Fortunately it was recovered by the entire O-Line.

Shoes
11-10-2009, 12:28 AM
Mitch Berger :chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

cubanstogie
11-10-2009, 12:28 AM
I dont know but I kinda feel bad for fast willie I must be getting soft at my at my old age. Mendy looked good and the hogs did a good job tonight. all around good performance

Same here, Willie looked like a sad little puppy on the sideline. Mendy looked really fast tonight.

memphissteelergirl
11-10-2009, 12:30 AM

:iagree:

MACH1
11-10-2009, 12:30 AM
I'll throw some love Carters way. He gets mine.

ricksteelers55
11-10-2009, 12:35 AM
real test for the D Line is coming Cedric Benson and the very good Bengals running team as they pound the rock 2 x 100+ yds for Benson agains the Ravens run D

StainlessStill
11-10-2009, 12:37 AM
Wow, great question. This was a total team effort from every phase of the game. Mendenhall had a humongous game (now THERE'S our #1 pick!) Tyrone had a helluva game to replace Clark. Ben is Ben and aside from that pick, tormented the Donco's all night long something that's coming easy for our elite QB! Troy had a great game. Wallace came up with big catches. While all these guys are deserving and then some, I'm giving it to Mendenhall. Those long runs to SEAL THE GAME in the 4th QRT is as big as it gets. BTW: How awesome in Hines Ward?! The man is a total STUD through and through!

Game Ball: Mendenhall.

Shea
11-10-2009, 12:39 AM
I wonder if the team gave the game ball to Ryan?

After what he went through, and having to watch from the sidelines, he definitely deserves it. A team win for Clark in Denver was probably a huge motivation for the team.

I think that would be the appropriate gesture for handing out the game ball.

Pittsky
11-10-2009, 12:41 AM
they spread the ball out so well its really hard....i'd have to say ward with the 2 TD's though...and the hurdle with a huge smile on his face....wallace played lights out today....he's really impressing me...heath made big plays as well...as did holmes...carter....mendi for 155 ...polamalu at the end there with 3 huge plays...GOD THEY PLAYED SICK!!!

oh! and another drop by sweed....they should make him ride a donkey back to pittsburgh....

and at the same time....the defense could just as easily get it too...no offensive touchdowns....steelers d is back people....

psusteelers4life
11-10-2009, 12:57 AM
the ball to Sweed in all fairness wasnt the best thrown ball

Steel_Bus_24
11-10-2009, 12:57 AM
I'll go Troy, but the Steelers team beat em down....hopefully we whip the bengals just as bad or worse

DaPhonz
11-10-2009, 01:01 AM
If this was the SNF Horse Trailer, I'd give it to Troy and Carter. Carter could have tried taking his 2nd pick at the end to the house, but he decided to just go down after taking a few steps. Troy is just a beast, the tackle before the interception was so bad ass.

X-Terminator
11-10-2009, 01:13 AM
Tough call here...

Heads it's Mendenhall, tails it's Carter...

*flips coin*

It's heads...Mendenhall gets my game ball :tt04:

Pittsky
11-10-2009, 01:20 AM
the ball to Sweed in all fairness wasnt the best thrown ball

i was actually taking a leak and didnt see it...all's i heard was sweed couldn't hold onto it... :doh:

VegasStlrFan
11-10-2009, 01:26 AM
Both Carter and Troy had some momentum changing plays but I liked the 155 by Mende

psusteelers4life
11-10-2009, 01:35 AM
i was actually taking a leak and didnt see it...all's i heard was sweed couldn't hold onto it... :doh:

Haha I know the feeling drank a few too many beer's tonight ...anyhow wasnt meant to sound pi$$y :drink::drink:cheers

fansince'76
11-10-2009, 02:04 AM
Mendenhall.

MasterOfPuppets
11-10-2009, 03:23 AM
gotta give it to the oline ... ben had 4 - 6 seconds more often than not and mendy don't get that 155 without them ... not bad against the #1 coming in....starks did a great job on dummerville, and essex and colon were huge in the run game. :popcorn:

SteelerRob
11-10-2009, 03:55 AM
For me it has to go to Tyrone Carter, it was the first time I've seen him looking comfortable & coming up with some big time plays. He always seemed to arrive on the play a little too late when he was covering for Troy, but he really came into his own against the Donkeys.

:tt::drink:

solardave
11-10-2009, 03:59 AM
Mitch Berger

Outstanding!!:doh:

solardave
11-10-2009, 04:05 AM
The whole team gets a game ball. :tt03:

I have to agree with the Team getting it.I think both Mendy and Carter deserve a great big pat on the back. I also think the O-line is coming off the ball with sheer authority.:chuckle:

X-Terminator
11-10-2009, 05:13 AM
Gameball is defense all the way, Woodley set the tone Kiesel came thru and mostly little evil Tyrone Carter.

Here's my thoughts on Mendenhall , he's the starter and every back isn't built the same but he's not hesistant to get out of bounds on those long runs. I mean if Hines Ward a wideout can lower the shoulder for a few extra yards why can't a he. Elusive and speed is all good but cmon Real Steel is Hines Ward. Hope he stays healthy for the rest of the year and continues to rack up yardage but come playoff time there should be no ducking out of bounds. What's he gonna do when he runs into ray lewis stop and hand him the ball

Didn't Mendenhall fumble twice this year when trying to "go for that extra yard?" :noidea: I seem to recall "Real Steel" Hines Ward doing the same thing.

Good grief. The guy has a great game, and THIS is what you want to talk about??? Mendenhall going out of bounds instead of risking another potential game-changing fumble? And I hate to break it to you, but every back in the league does this, including Mr. Perfect, Adrian Peterson.

Galax Steeler
11-10-2009, 05:17 AM
Didn't Mendenhall fumble twice this year when trying to "go for that extra yard?" :noidea: I seem to recall "Real Steel" Hines Ward doing the same thing.

Good grief. The guy has a great game, and THIS is what you want to talk about???

You have got to figure there will be a few people to find something to complain about every game.:doh:

SteelMember
11-10-2009, 08:27 AM
I'll throw some love Carters way. He gets mine.

T-Bone had a nice game.

I was actually surprised they didn't attack him deep, but it turned out they played into his game with the short stuff.

Game Ball = Mendenhall

Though he dosen't get there without some good o-line play.

HometownGal
11-10-2009, 08:31 AM
You have got to figure there will be a few people to find something to complain about every game.:doh:

Sad but true. :shake02: Kind of like the habitual B&M'ers who hang around in the Game Day threads just waiting for something - anything - to bitch about. It's pathetic.

arge5809
11-10-2009, 08:48 AM
Mitch Berger

:applaudit: :thumbsup: :rofl: :toofunny:

Any they wondered why no one else picked him up ??? :doh:

arge5809
11-10-2009, 08:52 AM
HAHAHA :rofl:

he looked solid at the beginning... I was asking my brother why he couldn't boom 50 yarders last season.

but that was before his laughable 25 yarders

OWWW!!! leg cramp !! :crutches:

:sofunny:

stlrtruck
11-10-2009, 09:28 AM
I've got to give it to Polamalu first. His aggressiveness on Royals in the 4th quarter made life difficult for Orton.

Second goes to O-line for clearing the path for Mendenhall in the second half.

Third - Roethlisberger for bouncing back from a fumble and INT.

steelballs
11-10-2009, 09:49 AM
Individual game ball to....... Mendenhall....well done.
Group game ball to.... The defense. Great effort when it mattered most.

In your face game ball......Santonio Holmes for owning Champ Bailey all night.

steveironcity
11-10-2009, 10:27 AM
Team effort last night, but I can't remember the O line playing that well in a LONG time

CanadianSteel
11-10-2009, 11:56 AM
I can't argue with any of Mendy, Ben, Ward, Santonio, Troy, defence.

But how about some love for the specials teams last night - very good kick & punt coverage overall which is a nice improvement.

markymarc
11-10-2009, 01:01 PM
I can't pick just one, but the entire team including all coaches deserve a game ball for a big win last night. We were sluggish in the first half, but still led 7-3. Great adjustments were made at half time and bottom line we kicked the Donkeys asses. They didn't have a chance in the 2nd half.

steelreserve
11-10-2009, 01:20 PM
I'm saying the entire defense. They only gave up 3 points. And pitched a shutout for about the last 57 minutes of the game. Hard to lose when you get a performance like that.

klick81
11-10-2009, 03:03 PM
THE TEAM.

revefsreleets
11-10-2009, 03:04 PM
Limas Sweed.

I'm outta here for a while...this place is just too insane...

zsheik22
11-10-2009, 03:17 PM
My gameball goes to Tyrone Carter. But as everyone else said... Mendy, Hines, Santo Clause, O line, the whole Defensive unit, the coaches all did a superb job.

Bouncing back after everyone picked on him and having a hell of a game against a good receiving group. He needed to have the biggest game too because the pressure of Clark was all over him.

AllD
11-10-2009, 03:27 PM
Gotta give it to Tyrone Carter for filling in well for Clark. 2 INTs, one taken to the house. Never thought I would say those words. Mendenhall is starting to be a beast. That was the so called number one defense in the NFL that let Mendenhall get 155 yards. This team is starting to go on all cylinders. If they could just quit screwing it up in the red zone. That INT was bad. But still. 28-10 on a hostile field on Monday night is AWESOME. I love this team. Let's go squash the Bungles next week.

We are thinking like twins! Carter gets the game ball because he came through like a champion for Clark. BB did very well, but he threw a pick and fumbled. Mendy ran like an animal, but he could have blocked on his way out when BB fumbled. Troy was everywhere and in #20's probable interception.

Not complaining at all because you cannot be perfect, you can only strive for perfection. But Carter turned the game around and gave the team something to build on.

In a sidebar, only a half dozen players have ever rushed for more than 150 on the Broncos in history with one being Earl Campbell.

xvdougl
11-10-2009, 05:20 PM
gotta give it to the oline ... ben had 4 - 6 seconds more often than not and mendy don't get that 155 without them ... not bad against the #1 coming in....starks did a great job on dummerville, and essex and colon were huge in the run game. :popcorn:

I gotta agree!! The O-Line destroyed Denver late in the game. They new we were running to work the clock and they couldn't do anything about it!! Rashard had a very good game but a lot of the holes he ran through were huge!! There's nothing I love more in football than crushing the other team with the running game in the 4th quarter!!! That felt reallllllll good!!!

Psyychoward86
11-10-2009, 05:25 PM
I gotta give it to Mendenhall just because he made the least mistakes while having the biggest overall impact. It was nice to see us finally close out a game by running it down their throats while we had a strong lead. We passed probably only once or twice on that final scoring drive because of the way Mendy ran the rock, that's impressive, especially against a tough defense.

~just one thing tho. Mendy! You gotta hold onto the ball! I know you didnt fumble in the game or anything, but there were 3 seperate occasions where you came dangerously close

otherwise GJ :tt:

Psyychoward86
11-10-2009, 06:27 PM
u know what, now that i look at the game again, i gotta give the gameball to the O-line. yes they allowed quite a few sacks, but quite a few of them happened well over 5 seconds after the snap. They gave Ben so much protection overall, and Mendenhall was getting to the 2nd level of the defense CLEAN during the 2nd half. Willie Colon was exceptional in runblocking, and Starks once again shut down an elite pass rusher (Elvis Dumervil). The O-line was insane last night

Kaeg
11-10-2009, 06:42 PM
I'll give it in a very tough decision to Mendy. Is it me, or is he very fast for a back of his size? He just seemed much faster to me last night than I have noticed before. And he's a fairly good sized back.

St33lersguy
11-10-2009, 06:51 PM
DE-FENSE, DE-FENSE

stillers4me
11-10-2009, 06:53 PM
Game ball...Ryan Clark. He was the biggest winner last night.

Welcome home, Ryan.

Sharkissle29
11-10-2009, 07:38 PM
I'll give it in a very tough decision to Mendy. Is it me, or is he very fast for a back of his size? He just seemed much faster to me last night than I have noticed before. And he's a fairly good sized back.

I believe it was one of the long 4th quarter runs, but he outran a corner that had an angle on him to break it open. he is faster than you think....

getyourhustleon14
11-11-2009, 01:54 AM
This guy...
http://i33.tinypic.com/33m4o7o.jpg

redst3
11-11-2009, 02:54 AM
Tyrone "Crazy Ass" Carter

Steelers & I
11-11-2009, 03:14 AM
Santonio Holmes

eafratitpm3
11-11-2009, 03:14 AM
The Fans, they made Invesco look like a neutral site. GO STEELER NATION!!!!

Texasteel
11-11-2009, 05:47 AM
Holmes put together a fine game against a good secondary, and had a couple key catches, but I'm going with Mendenhall. Since he took a glove to the face from the coach and couple weeks ago he has responded like a pro.

Texasteel
11-11-2009, 05:49 AM
Game ball...Ryan Clark. He was the biggest winner last night.

Welcome home, Ryan.

Thank God he's home and still well. I am certainly glad the coach finally said," OH no you not."

Galax Steeler
11-11-2009, 05:56 AM
This guy...
http://i33.tinypic.com/33m4o7o.jpg

Did you notice that he was a smiling as he was jumping over the defender.:rofl: