PDA

View Full Version : how bout Keisel filling in for Aaron Smith?

tony hipchest
11-09-2009, 11:34 PM
the fact that we heard so much of brett making plays, and so little of his replacements on the other side, says alot.

eason and hood have done a good job bein inconspicuous.

keisel has done a great job playing remarkably.

Vincent
11-09-2009, 11:47 PM
the fact that we heard so much of brett making plays, and so little of his replacements on the other side, says alot.

eason and hood have done a good job bein inconspicuous.

keisel has done a great job playing remarkably.

He quietly steps up and leads. A great Steeler!!

KeiselPower99
11-09-2009, 11:50 PM
Keisel is showing why he got the extension during the offseason.

Preacher
11-09-2009, 11:56 PM
Yep.

Ziggy is getting a good education this year.

it just is amazing how people keep coming up and playing well.

Tankus_Maximus
11-09-2009, 11:58 PM
Oh hell yeah Keisel's havin a great season. I'd go so far as to say it's Pro-Bowl worthy, but the fact that he doesn't get all the headlines would probably snuff that out. His play of late reminds me of Vrabel's play during the Tramposos SB runs...

steelpride12
11-10-2009, 12:01 AM
Always have loved the Diesel he is a tank and always come up Big for this defense and contributes just as much as anyone!

GridironWarrior
11-10-2009, 12:04 AM
Brett earned that contract. That guy is the unsung hero next to Smith on that line. It's amazing how the Steelers always find guys like him.

Shea
11-10-2009, 12:07 AM
Not at all surprised that the Diesel has stepped in and done a great job. His motor doesn't know quit.

Just wish that Aaron hadn't gone down. He and Heath are my two favorite Steelers.

But thankfully our back-ups on the D-line can step in and take care of business on Keisel's side, and even more kudos to Brett for switching over to Aaron's side on the line to make up for his loss.

Shea
11-10-2009, 12:18 AM
Actually, now that I think about it Keisel was still playing on the right side of the line, not left.

That's what happens when I drink a couple of beers when watching the game. :sofunny:

devilsdancefloor
11-10-2009, 12:23 AM
He is a playing like a beast! if he doesnt get to the QB he is blocking throws & playing the run tough

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-10-2009, 12:28 AM
Keisel played well, but you also gotta give Hood and Hoke some credit for coming in and playing as the only backups on the D line. There was a lot of 2 down linemen in passing situations though. Just happy nobody got hurt and we could get it done with the guys we got on the D line.

stlrtruck
11-10-2009, 09:08 AM
This is Steelers football. It has been since Noll started coaching. Supporting role players continue to step up and shine when it's necessary.

steelballs
11-10-2009, 09:36 AM
Keisel is like the Heath Miller of the defense...inconspicuous but lethal.

RoethlisBURGHer
11-10-2009, 10:16 AM
Keisel is one of the most underrated players on this football team. He is a bigger part of the defense than most people realize. He got his extension because he works so hard. Without him, our defense wouldn't have been #1 last year.