PDA

View Full Version : Bring on Cincy.

Edman
11-09-2009, 11:36 PM
I'm so pumped for next weeks game. We're going to show those bastards just who runs things around here.

Halloween ended days ago, kitties. It's time for to put an end to this masquerade.

Go Steelers!

SteelCityKing
11-09-2009, 11:44 PM
...revenge is a dish served black and gold.

bring on the Browngals! =)

HometownGal
11-09-2009, 11:45 PM
FEAR US BUNGLES. FEAR US.

KeiselPower99
11-09-2009, 11:52 PM
I want 2 things from the Bengals game, a win and someone to knock 85 out.

psusteelers4life
11-09-2009, 11:56 PM
love to see that too maybe he will offer someone a dollar not to knock his a$$ out...screw ochostinko

Tankus_Maximus
11-09-2009, 11:57 PM
This is a must-win-game for us. If our Offense plays as balanced and as good as it did tonite, it'll be a thing of beauty!!

Lets go Stillers!!!! Chinga los Gatos!!!!

Steelboy84
11-10-2009, 12:12 AM
Damn straight.

SteelDevilNC
11-10-2009, 12:16 AM
85 may not play next sunday...I know its a long shot but Roger may suspend him for that 'bribe' ... dont think he will but he may

4xSBChamps
11-10-2009, 12:17 AM
I want 2 things from the Bengals game, a win and someone to knock 85 out.

with the late-game hit Harrison put on that Yonco RB, he wants an audition

steelerchad
11-10-2009, 12:18 AM
Making the trip for this one. Taking the kids for their annual game. I picked this one for them because I always try to work it so they get to see a win (Bengals). Didn't think this much would be on the line. They should get to see a great atmosphere and hopefully a win.

CanadianSteel
11-10-2009, 12:47 AM
If anyone wants to go to see the Steelers kick the Bengirls arce I got an extra ticket for sale at face value.

Check out the classified section.... and send me a note if interested.

Here we go steelers here we go...

Steel_Bus_24
11-10-2009, 01:02 AM
I so want to see Troy giving Palmer fits again......If we keep Benson contained then I think it'll happen

StainlessStill
11-10-2009, 01:04 AM
The Bungles fortunes are going to run out soon enough, starting this Sunday! AT HEINZ FIELD! The Black and Gold have something coming for these boys... OHHHH do we have something coming for these boys..not a good time to be playing in Pittsburgh!

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-10-2009, 01:26 AM
Said it before the first Bengals game. Palmer, Johnson, Benson, Coles, Caldwell, Henry, .....those are some decent playmakers behind an O line that is playing well.

Defensively, Peko, Geathers, Maualuga, Dhani Jones, Rivers play in front of a good secondary anchored by some really good young CB's. Cincy has talent and is putting it together. Its gonna be a tough game on a short week without Smith, maybe Timmons. Steeler fans better bring it!!!

StainlessStill
11-10-2009, 01:48 AM
Said it before the first Bengals game. Palmer, Johnson, Benson, Coles, Caldwell, Henry, .....those are some decent playmakers behind an O line that is playing well.

Defensively, Peko, Geathers, Maualuga, Dhani Jones, Rivers play in front of a good secondary anchored by some really good young CB's. Cincy has talent and is putting it together. Its gonna be a tough game on a short week without Smith, maybe Timmons. Steeler fans better bring it!!!

Was that the same team that we held to only like, 10 yards the first 2 Quarters and squandered a 10 point lead in the 4th quarter? New Flash for all Cinci fans.. the STEELERS ARE CLOSING GAMES! This isn't the 3rd week of the season. This is Week 10, the time where the big boys come out to play.

Yes, the Bungles are playing well, but they should have lost far more than they've won this year. Weapons? Yes. If you think for one second that Cedric Benson will run on us, then you need your head examined! Noone runs against the Steelers. If we force Palmer into being one dimensional, then they are in trouble. They will use the quick pass to their advantage, but it'll only take them so far!

Plus, Henry is out with a broken forearm. This helps the Steelers secondary matchup wise. Can't wait.

CantStop85
11-10-2009, 01:49 AM
Should be fun to watch.

stb_steeler
11-10-2009, 02:26 AM
love to see that too maybe he will offer someone a dollar not to knock his a$$ out...screw ochostinko

Did you see him on nfl net he has a care package sent for the Steelers.....whata dick !!:kick:

SteelerRob
11-10-2009, 04:09 AM
This one is going to be my first visit across the Atlantic to Heinz Field......I'm already fired up as hell!

GO STEELERS!!!!

:tt02:

sharkweek
11-10-2009, 06:01 AM
we've already bottled up Benson once, and have proven ourselves as well against the likes of Chris Johnson and Adrian Peterson. Benson a second time isn't exactly a terrifying prospect, especially with the way we've been rushing the ball ourselves (Parker was the top rusher in that first game against the Bengals)

stillers4me
11-10-2009, 06:07 AM
I can't wait to hear Renegade being played this Sunday. muuwahahahaha......

stlrtruck
11-10-2009, 09:18 AM
They lost their biggest threat against the Steelers - Chris Henry.

This time Ben and company need to put the bungals and caution away early. The defense needs to step up on the attack, the DBs need to stop playing 10 yard cushions, and everyone needs to knock the living crap out of anyone wearing orange and black stripes!

KeiselPower99
11-10-2009, 09:22 AM
Did you see him on nfl net he has a care package sent for the Steelers.....whata dick !!:kick:

Yep he is one. Remember the black and white tv comment he made a few years ago? Id love to see someone this week say that they got a new flat screen with the money they made by winning 2 Super Bowls since then.

memphissteelergirl
11-10-2009, 09:22 AM
everyone needs to knock the living crap out of anyone wearing orange and black stripes!

:thumbsup:

4xSBChamps
11-10-2009, 09:23 AM
..... everyone needs to knock the living crap out of anyone wearing orange and black stripes!

".... they wanna 'play-lumberjack'....

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/movies/HarryCallahan-removingsunglasses.jpg

..... let 'em learn how to hold their end of the log!!!!!"

HometownGal
11-10-2009, 09:40 AM
Someone else said it beautifully - the Steelers are closing games now, so the Bungles had better come on to that field on Sunday with eyes in the backs of their ugly helmets. Benson isn't going to run on us and if the Steelers pressure Cartoon early and often, they aren't going to have much success in the passing game either. We need to make a statement on our first O drive and put it in the EZ. All we heard about last night prior to the game was "Denver's #1 rated D" and we shredded them for salad in the second half. Cincy's D is being talked up and if the Steelers do what they did last night by playing rough and rumble physical Steelers football, we will come out on top. :tt02:

RoethlisBURGHer
11-10-2009, 09:52 AM
Cedric Benson isn't running on us. This isn't the Ravens defense. My only fear in the game is Willie Gay. He can't seem to cover anyone, much less make a tackle after he gives the guy a 5 yard cushion to make the catch.

One of my customers is a Bengals fan, and he's feeling all high and mighty right now. I told him that he better not get use the that feeling, because Cinci is leaving THE BURGH with a loss, and then probably go into a tailspin to end the season something like 9-7.

steelpride12
11-10-2009, 10:30 AM
Their past few wins have been because of strong performances from Benson and the Cincy run game and we all know right now that won't be the fact against our #1 D and in the Steel City. The Steelers shredded that defense before and won't have a problem doing it again and now since we close games and finish hard Im sure no 13 point lead will dissapear, but only grow and the Steelers will take over this division, WHO DEY, WE DEY pucks cya in Pittsburgh!

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-10-2009, 10:38 AM
If you think for one second that Cedric Benson will run on us, then you need your head examined! .

Benson ran for 76 yards on 16 carries the first time we played them. I would say he has already run on us. I dont underestimate the Bengals, I believe that their O line is playing very well and Benson is running well behind them.

This game is gonna be a close one and I think the homefield advantage has to be huge for the Steelers.

The_WARDen
11-10-2009, 10:44 AM
They barely won in their place when the Steelers didn't have Troy.

Carson's kryptonite is back and looks to be 100%. Enjoy the carnage!

solardave
11-10-2009, 10:48 AM
Making the trip for this one. Taking the kids for their annual game. I picked this one for them because I always try to work it so they get to see a win (Bengals). Didn't think this much would be on the line. They should get to see a great atmosphere and hopefully a win.

I know, I know it's the Bengals but this is not the past Bengals. As much as we don't want to admit it they're playing pretty good. We need to instill some fear in them by inserting Palmers head up his ass so he can try to find Chad Ochostinko.
Seriously,this is one we can't afford to give away and that's the only way we lose this one. We need to continue doing just what we're doing on both sides and we win.

jandrewsaf
11-10-2009, 10:51 AM
I had the pleasure of attending last nights victory and you wouldn't believe the chants and support for our impending stomp on the Bungels. Usually Donkey stadium is dead quiet after a loss, but thanks to a percieved 40% Black & Gold it was the loudest I've ever heard it. Thanks to all who traveled with the team! I think it motivated me to fly out for this next one. Troy and Keyaron are gonna bring it--Not that I'm leaving out Fox, Harrison, Clark and the rest of the #1 D!!! Go Steelers!:tt02::tt02::tt02:

fansince'76
11-10-2009, 10:54 AM
I dont underestimate the Bengals, I believe that their O line is playing very well and Benson is running well behind them.

This game is gonna be a close one and I think the homefield advantage has to be huge for the Steelers.

Same here - they've really been playing well. We'll have our hands full this Sunday. I'm glad we have them at home this time.

Edman
11-10-2009, 11:00 AM
And yet, despite all of Benson's success in the last game. The Bengals were down, and we were unable to close the game. That was a problem throughout earlier in the year. The Steelers were unable to close games. Pittsburgh has played strong rushing teams before(Vikings). We'll be up to the challenge of Benson.

The Bengals are definately a more physical team on both sides of the ball. They can run the ball and their D is actually pretty decent now. They're still the Bin-gals, but this will not be an easy game.

It's time for Pittsburgh to show the heart of a champion at home.

TX Steelerfan
11-10-2009, 11:13 AM
If I were a Cincinnati Bengal, I'd temper my enthusiasm and confidence with a reality check, and that is:

* Steeler coaches make great adjustments when it comes to the rematch against a divisional opponent. I believe Benson will be target #1, thereby his productivity will be limited and the Bungles will have to go to the passing game, where Ike Taylor will do his usual thing and take out the #1WR. That leaves Gay on Caldwell, who is no Henry or Houshmanzadeh. I'd be happier having Gay play press coverage instead of giving those 10 yd cushions, however.

* Limas Sweed dropped a sure TD in game 1. Limas Sweed is now an afterthought. Mike Wallace does not drop sure TD passes.

* The Steelers were missing their all-pro, all-everything safety. The Bungals OC must have been schoolgirl-giddy when he knew Troy would be out. He's back. They are game-planning for him as I type this, and will be all week, I presume. Sleepless nights.

* Willie Parker had a pretty good game against the Bungals on 9/27. Willie Parker likes to run outside the tackles. Rashard Mendenhall likes to take it inside or outside; doesn't matter. Look for another 100+ yd game for Mendenhall. If we can control the time of possession with another good mix of run/pass, the Bungals will be left scratching their heads at the end of the game.

Steel_Bus_24
11-10-2009, 11:34 AM
Benson ran for 76 yards on 16 carries the first time we played them. I would say he has already run on us. I dont underestimate the Bengals, I believe that their O line is playing very well and Benson is running well behind them.

Most of that came from the one TD run where he outran Carter's bad angle on the edge.....Troys back baby:tt04: and is loads faster then him even at 85%

I give the bengals credit for their recent run game but, I refuse to believe that we don't have the advantage there even without A.Smith

Bring It :wantsome:

steel striker
11-10-2009, 12:29 PM
I like how this game sets up for us because, it seems we have something going with Troy back . The offense is making plays when we need them and, I can't say enough about our defense. I like the way Mendy is running the ball and, as longs as he protects the ball we will be fine. Bring it on Bungals!

Dino 6 Rings
11-10-2009, 01:18 PM
Since we have some "pretty cool" bengals fans that post on this board and are active members, and already have the 1492 Thread, I'll leave the trash talk out of his thread for now...til the non active Bengals fans start showing up talking their own smack...kind of like the Vikings, Titans and Broncos fans did.

Here is what I see.

Total Offense
Steelers = #7 total yards
Bengals = #12 total yards
Steelers = # 6 passing
Bengals = # 18 Passing
Steelers = # 15 Rushing
Bengals = #9 Rushing

Total Defense
Steelers = #4 in Total Yards
Bengals = #14 in Total Yards
Steelers = #14 against the Pass total yards
Bengals = #24 against the pass total yards
Steelers = #1 against the Rush total yards
Bengals = #2 against the Rush Total yards.

Here are the keys.
Bengals #18 Passing vs Steelers # 14 Pass Defense. Edge to the Steelers.
Bengals # 9 Rushing vs Steelers # 1 Pass Defense. Edge to the Steelers.

Steelers # 6 passing offense vs Bengals #24 Pass Defense. Edge to the Steelers.
Steelers # 15 Rushing attack vs Bengals #2 rush Defense. Edge to the Bengals.

I like our chances.

I anticipate we will pass for a ton of yards, but also push the rushing game to keep the safeties honest. I expect our defense to shut down their rushing game and force Palmer into a passing game only where he won't be as effective with Henry out of the lineup and a double team on Chad for most of the game. Our Blitzes will get to Palmer and force him to hurry his throws, they will abandon the running game early and be forced to play catch-up after Ben has a field day early on throwing the ball and giving us an Early lead that we will NOT let up this time.

Dino 6 Rings
11-10-2009, 05:11 PM
Bump Bump for the Trolls

Psyychoward86
11-10-2009, 05:45 PM
85 may not play next sunday...I know its a long shot but Roger may suspend him for that 'bribe' ... dont think he will but he may

i think we all want him to play. Nothing better than a good old fashioned ass-whooping against a HEALTHY divisional rival

Dino 6 Rings
11-11-2009, 05:41 PM
BUMP for the Bengals Fans who are watching today.

steelerdave1969
11-11-2009, 05:46 PM
The Bengals got lucky the first time around with Polomalu being out and this time around they wont be as lucky as the Assasin is back at full speed and looking like the Super Man that he is. I have been looking forward to this game since the final snap of meeting no.1 and look forward to this game being the different story that we all know should have been the first time around. The Ravens have shown that they are not for real and are very inconsitent just like their team is from year to year and that the Bengals are gonna find out what the pressure is all about come sunday afternoon... Man I am pumped for this one...
:blah: