PDA

View Full Version : Is Mitch Berger back on our payroll?

ETL
11-09-2009, 10:42 PM
He played like he was. Thanks Mitch.

(i would not be surprised if he was cut this week)

pepsyman1
11-09-2009, 11:00 PM
I was laughing my ass off after that 24 yard punt in the second half. It was a nice bookend for the 27 yarder he kicked out of bounds in the first half. What in the WORLD were they thinking when they signed him? LOL

robzombie813
11-09-2009, 11:05 PM
What in the WORLD were they thinking when they signed him?

I imagine it was something like "Berger...Berger...Wait! He won a Super Bowl last year, didn't he? Sign him! I can't believe a Super Bowl winning punter is still on the streets. Film? Why would we watch film on him? He WON a Super Bowl!"

BradfordTheGreat
11-09-2009, 11:13 PM
Vintage Berger, good to see him on the other side of the line

pepsyman1
11-09-2009, 11:21 PM
Remind me to send Mitch a Christmas card this year for that performance. lol

CanadianSteel
11-09-2009, 11:38 PM
Ya nice to see after last years debacle..... we saw hoe the denver defence handle short fileds. makes last years defence all the more impressive after watching that punting display

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-09-2009, 11:51 PM
Yeah, I dont see anybody complaining about spending a 4th round pick on Sepulveda now.

Did anybody notice Sepulveda's tackle on the punt return or quick hands on a bad PAT snap?? Dude is a good football player, than can kick!!

ETL
11-10-2009, 12:28 AM
Yeah, I dont see anybody complaining about spending a 4th round pick on Sepulveda now.

Did anybody notice Sepulveda's tackle on the punt return or quick hands on a bad PAT snap?? Dude is a good football player, than can kick!!

there's a great Youtube highlight of him in college absolutely jacking up a returner

MasterOfPuppets
11-10-2009, 12:32 AM
berger was spectacular today.....:tt03:

iloveben7
11-10-2009, 12:35 AM
thank you Mitch Berger for your gracious efforts today. lol

I cracked up when the announcers said the Broncos signed Berger to improve their punting game

Petesburgh66
11-10-2009, 01:18 AM
there's a great Youtube highlight of him in college absolutely jacking up a returner

Sepulveda has the leg and has clearly shown that he isn't afraid to make a tackle. So why are the Steelers content on letting Reed still do the kickoffs?

As for Berger, man, he looks worse than last year. But it would not surprise me if Josh McDaniels cuts him after this week. He got his use out of Berger, which was to pick his brain and get inside info on the Steelers. After all, he was a disciple of Bill Belicheat.

stb_steeler
11-10-2009, 01:20 AM
My brother and i were wondering the same thing. Why in the hell would anyone pick Berger up. Apparently they havent seen his performance last season. Im sure Denver had a better punter than him on the roster or did they pick him up dirt cheap.

MasterOfPuppets
11-10-2009, 02:12 AM
what are the chances of berger landing in cincy by monday ??? he was a huge addition to our special teams today....:applaudit:

Galax Steeler
11-10-2009, 03:59 AM
Now we know how other teams felt when we had Berger punting for us. I am so glad that guy is not a Steeler anymore.

stlrtruck
11-10-2009, 08:15 AM
Obviously the broncos didn't look at enough of his game film from his last year with the Steelers.

HometownGal
11-10-2009, 08:17 AM
Remind me to send Mitch a Christmas card this year for that performance. lol

You don't need to. He got himself a purty, shiny brandy new Super Bowl XLIII ring full o' bling to show off. He should be thanking his lucky stars that DSep got hurt last season and we needed a punter fast and in a hurry.

markymarc
11-10-2009, 11:26 AM
I am still disturbed that we actually had Berger on our roster last season. Once again he showed last night while he should no longer be punting in the NFL.