PDA

View Full Version : A Complete Performance

pepsyman1
11-09-2009, 11:44 PM
Wow! That's the kind of game you want to see your team play after a bye week. Really, the first truly COMPLETE game our guys have played this season. The defense got better as the game went on and allowed absolutely nothing in the second half. Kick coverage snapped back into gear and a very balanced offensive attack as the game went on. You can always point to things you'd like to do better, but really you couldn't ask for a much better performance. Bring on the Bungles!, the Ravens, whoever. We look ready. (and we had many starters out tonight too!)

psusteelers4life
11-10-2009, 12:03 AM
I couldnt have said it better

toughsticks87
11-10-2009, 12:06 AM
:tt03: My thoughts exactly. What a fantastic game. We need to keep up this level of determination and we need to keep playing for 60 minutes, every game.

Tankus_Maximus
11-10-2009, 12:07 AM
Most definitely tonite was a complete performance. Everytime Mendi touched the rock it was excitement ready to happen, really was Must-See-Tv. This kid's gonna be something special.

4xSBChamps
11-10-2009, 12:10 AM
I missed the entire 1st half (STRONG meds), but from what I saw in the last 30 minutes, 'em Stillers ratcheted-up the intensity to playoff-level

MasterOfPuppets
11-10-2009, 12:12 AM
complete ? i wouldn't go that far...i mean they had like 50 yds in the first half. the GREAT thing was they made the right adjustments and executed. hats off to the coaches ...:thumbsup:

SteelDevilNC
11-10-2009, 12:12 AM
I agree. Truely amazing performance. better keep that intensity cuz as strange as it is we may need it next sunday

LVSteelersfan
11-10-2009, 12:16 AM
I agree it was not a totally complete performance. We are going to get bit down the road if we keep turning it over in the red zone. That can only be done so many times before it doesn't work any more. But overall, I was very pleased with this game. Will Berger be back on the street next week? That pickup still amazes me.

memphissteelergirl
11-10-2009, 12:27 AM
I missed the entire 1st half (STRONG meds), but from what I saw in the last 30 minutes, 'em Stillers ratcheted-up the intensity to playoff-level

Dag, man! Those must have been some SERIOUS drugs! :chuckle:

Great game! Coaches made the necessary adjustments in the 2nd half and the team executed to near perfection!! Just the momentum we need going into the game with the Ben-gals on Sunday!!

:tt02::tt04::tt03:

pepsyman1
11-10-2009, 12:33 AM
LOL
By complete I didn't mean perfect. My point is that we performed well in all phases of the game and played strong through 60 minutes. The offense struggled in the beginning while Denver's very experienced secondary played some incredible man on man defense and they were getting a solid pass rush. They made the necessary adjustments in the 2nd half. Same thing for the Defense. The first couple of Denver possessions Orton had fabulous protection and was taking advantage of all the mid range patterns that were open. After that, we adjusted and just kept squeezing the vice tighter and tighter till the bitter end. Did we have some mistakes? Sure. But overall, everyone played very well and we kept the pedal down till the game was OVER.

4xSBChamps
11-10-2009, 12:37 AM
Dag, man! Those must have been some SERIOUS drugs! :chuckle:

Robitussin w/ codeine

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/movies/SniffingGlue.jpg

did I hear Jaworst say that Denver had ZERO 1st downs rushing the football tonight?

:noidea:

stb_steeler
11-10-2009, 02:04 AM
Wow! That's the kind of game you want to see your team play after a bye week. Really, the first truly COMPLETE game our guys have played this season. The defense got better as the game went on and allowed absolutely nothing in the second half. Kick coverage snapped back into gear and a very balanced offensive attack as the game went on. You can always point to things you'd like to do better, but really you couldn't ask for a much better performance. Bring on the Bungles!, the Ravens, whoever. We look ready. (and we had many starters out tonight too!)

First half seemed a bit slow, but after half time what a turn around.321 yards total, thats what you want to see to finish a game.

stlrtruck
11-10-2009, 09:10 AM
I would say it wasn't a complete game. The first half they looked sluggish, inconsistent, and out of sync.

But boy in the second half did they turn it around and put it all together.

markymarc
11-10-2009, 12:23 PM
complete ? i wouldn't go that far...i mean they had like 50 yds in the first half. the GREAT thing was they made the right adjustments and executed. hats off to the coaches ...:thumbsup:

This was the biggest thing for me in last night's victory. The coaches made the necessary adjustments at half time and the entire team executed it to perfection in the 2nd half.

markymarc
11-10-2009, 12:24 PM
I would say it wasn't a complete game. The first half they looked sluggish, inconsistent, and out of sync.

No question. To me the most ironic part of the 2nd half was the fact that the Steelers look more energized, fresher and focused then the Broncos did playing in the mile high environment.

stlrtruck
11-10-2009, 01:15 PM
No question. To me the most ironic part of the 2nd half was the fact that the Steelers look more energized, fresher and focused then the Broncos did playing in the mile high environment.

I noticed that too. The broncos players looked like they lived at sea level and you could just see that they wanted nothing to do with the Steelers by mid-way of the 4th quarter.

markymarc
11-10-2009, 01:29 PM
I noticed that too. The broncos players looked like they lived at sea level and you could just see that they wanted nothing to do with the Steelers by mid-way of the 4th quarter.

Absolutely. They had nothing left after Ayers returned the fumble for a TD. Their defense looked like it wanted to leave the stadium early just like their fans!

theplatypus
11-10-2009, 05:53 PM
did I hear Jaworst say that Denver had ZERO 1st downs rushing the football tonight?

:noidea:

I'm almost positive that is correct. They only had 24 or so total yards rushing. :tt03:

AllD
11-10-2009, 07:34 PM

It was unsaid, but that game was for Ryan Clark. Watch for paybacks against the Bungles.