PDA

View Full Version : ESPN talking heads pick Broncos to win

ETL
11-09-2009, 10:57 PM
Steve Young - picked the Broncos - he totally, totally, hates the Steelers - especially more so since Steelers surpassed the 49ers in SB total

Tom Jackson - picked the Broncos - understandable, he's a former Bronco

Matt Millen - picked the Broncos - he's an idiot, can't believe someone pays him $ to talk about football

Chris Berman - picked the Broncos - another closet Steeler hater, really hates them; Polarizing hatred; likes the Bills - 0-4 in SB; hates Steelers 6-1 in SB

Chris Carter - picked the Broncos - he doesn't hate the Steelers, just was picking the home team I think

(Ditka (pittsburgh roots) and Boo-yah picked the Steelers)

Steelboy84
11-09-2009, 10:59 PM
Chris Berman likes to ride Tom Brady at night.

MaidenIndiana
11-10-2009, 12:02 AM
You surely didn't believe that those people were hired due to their high I.Q.'s did you?

Steel_Bus_24
11-10-2009, 12:15 AM
LOL at Young's parameters for Ben to achieve Elite Status:

Always throw from the Pocket, never moving your legs

whats the next one Steve???, Ben has to win 2 more SBs(To make sure) while blindfolded:jerkit:

MasterOfPuppets
11-10-2009, 12:19 AM
suck it espn !!! :hatsoff:

X-Terminator
11-10-2009, 12:21 AM

whats the next one Steve???, Ben has to win 2 more SBs(To make sure) with a blindfold:jerkit:

That's particularly hilarious coming from Young considering that he used to run a LOT when he was playing, and that he was the leading rusher among QBs in NFL history when he retired.

Methinks he's had one concussion too many.

fansince'76
11-10-2009, 12:24 AM
Steve Young - picked the Broncos - he totally, totally, hates the Steelers....

I was a stone's throw away from the ESPN crew where I was sitting. I wish the snow we got about 2 weeks ago hadn't melted - I could've pegged Young with a snowball. :chuckle:

MasterOfPuppets
11-10-2009, 12:26 AM
I was a stone's throw away from the ESPN crew where I was sitting. I wish the snow we got about 2 weeks ago hadn't melted - I could've pegged Young with a snowball. :chuckle:
noway you couldn't hit one of those dumbo flaps on the sides of his head...better chance of missing a barn...:popcorn:

LVSteelersfan
11-10-2009, 12:28 AM
Young is an idiot as I was saying last week. What a maroon. You have to stay in the pocket 80% of the time to be an elite QB. Where the heck does he come up with this stuff? Don't know why I even listened to the pregame as I knew the talking heads on ESPN would say the Broncos are for real and the Steelers will lose. They have nothing to lose because they will still all be there next week despite their pathetic attempt at picking a winner.

BTW, I though Chuckie was great tonight. He really loves the Steelers and puts Jaworski in his place yet again. Thank God that was our only Monday night game this season.

GridironWarrior
11-10-2009, 12:33 AM
Jaws is a moron. I wish Hoge was still to tell him off. Gruden I'm liking. And Young has always been an idiot. He's mad cause Ben has 2 rings early in his career while Young had to wait, and he only ended up with 1.

VegasStlrFan
11-10-2009, 12:38 AM
Gruden made no bones about who he liked tonight. A lot better than the Fox crew and their love affair w/ the Vikes.

Petesburgh66
11-10-2009, 12:58 AM

A stone would of sufficed. Anything to get Steve Young off the air.

stb_steeler
11-10-2009, 01:16 AM
Steve Young - picked the Broncos - he totally, totally, hates the Steelers - especially more so since Steelers surpassed the 49ers in SB total

Tom Jackson - picked the Broncos - understandable, he's a former Bronco

Matt Millen - picked the Broncos - he's an idiot, can't believe someone pays him $ to talk about football

Chris Berman - picked the Broncos - another closet Steeler hater, really hates them; Polarizing hatred; likes the Bills - 0-4 in SB; hates Steelers 6-1 in SB

Chris Carter - picked the Broncos - he doesn't hate the Steelers, just was picking the home team I think

(Ditka (pittsburgh roots) and Boo-yah picked the Steelers)
Did you noticed they started to change their tune after the half....whata bunch of donkeys.......

Angus Burgher
11-10-2009, 01:41 AM
Young is just a jealous douche; that's all there is to it. He can't get over the fact that, even now, he's still living in Joe Montana's shadow, whereas Ben has already won two Super Bowls, cementing the modern Steelers as their own identity and no longer living in the shadow of the 70's team.

Millen is an asshat in every sense of the word. It pisses me off that they hired him as a color commentator for Thursday Night Football. You'd think after his stint in Detroit, the NFL would want to put as much distance between themselves and him as possible.

Berman... I don't even pay attention to him. His voice sounds like a train wreck with throat cancer. He never says anything of value, and even if he does, my TV is usually on "mute" so I can't hear it.

Jaws is an idiot, but I can't totally hate him because I remember that MNF game in 2007 where the Steelers stomped the crap out of the Ravens and Jaws gushed over Ben the way he does with Brett Favre.

Chucky, I like for the most part.

tube517
11-10-2009, 01:42 AM
Only Chucky makes MNF tolerable. eh, I can tolerate Jaws too. But Steve Young is so anti Steeler/Ben it's sickening. I don't know what his beef with Big Ben is but he is too biased.

ESPN as a whole sucks.

fansince'76
11-10-2009, 01:46 AM
ESPN as a whole sucks.

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winnah! :applaudit:

Mots
11-10-2009, 04:29 AM
Gruden is fun to listen to, but sometimes I have the feeling that he gets overexcited. I think after Troy's interception he said something like:
"I'm telling ya, Troy Polamalu and Brian Dawkins - you will not find two better safeties - in the world!".

It sounded like some generic bit that you can bring for every game.

"I'm telling ya, Ed Reed and Adrian Wilson - you will not find two better safeties - in the world!"

"I'm telling ya, <NAME1> and <NAME2> - you will not find two better <POSITION> - in the world!"

(Of course I think we all agree that you will not find ONE better safety than Troy in the world! ;))

sharkweek
11-10-2009, 04:40 AM
Gruden is fun to listen to, but sometimes I have the feeling that he gets overexcited. I think after Troy's interception he said something like:
"I'm telling ya, Troy Polamalu and Brian Dawkins - you will not find two better safeties - in the world!".

It sounded like some generic bit that you can bring for every game.

"I'm telling ya, Ed Reed and Adrian Wilson - you will not find two better safeties - in the world!"

"I'm telling ya, <NAME1> and <NAME2> - you will not find two better <POSITION> - in the world!"

(Of course I think we all agree that you will not find ONE better safety than Troy in the world! ;))

yeah, thats pretty stupid of him to say, although he says it to hype the game up. That being said, when they talk about the two best safeties, its generally when the Steelers play the Ravens and you have Ed Reed and Troy Polamalu and then is obvious the best are playing

Mots
11-10-2009, 04:43 AM
yeah, thats pretty stupid of him to say, although he says it to hype the game up. That being said, when they talk about the two best safeties, its generally when the Steelers play the Ravens and you have Ed Reed and Troy Polamalu and then is obvious the best are playing

I certainly agree with that.

stillers4me
11-10-2009, 05:02 AM

Had a good time last night did ya? :applaudit:

The_WARDen
11-10-2009, 06:47 AM

whats the next one Steve???, Ben has to win 2 more SBs(To make sure) while blindfolded:jerkit:

Yeah, cause Young got to the HOF by being a pocket QB right?

What a tool!

steel striker
11-10-2009, 07:55 AM
Espn = steeler haters network. Man except for Gruden that whole announce crew stunk to high heaven. It pained just about all of them to give Ben and the steelers any credit at all. Bottom line Ben is one of the best qb's in the NFL! Young was nothing but a cry baby anyway plus he had no class the way he acted after the Montana era. It's like they complained that we were winning without the run and, that our running game is getting pretty good they complain about much now. What a bunch of haters they are. Screw them all!

memphissteelergirl
11-10-2009, 08:12 AM
suck it espn !!! :hatsoff:

Yeah...what he said :chuckle:

:rofl::toofunny: *Got the visual of that in my head*

KeiselPower99
11-10-2009, 08:18 AM
I didnt watch any of the ESPN pregame and cant believe Young said that Ben needs to stay in the pocket to be a elite qb. Only people that network has that I like are Scheffter Hoge Ditka and Gruden. The rest are blowhards that get off by talking. Damn I would have loved to see Young hit with a snowball.

Shoes
11-10-2009, 08:24 AM
Young never finishes a sentence before starting another.......no wonder he doesn't makes any sense. :chuckle:

arge5809
11-10-2009, 08:28 AM
Unfortunately we (as Steelers fans) have to put up with the Haters on ALL of the networks. I did enjoy some of the commentary on Channel 4 pregame show. Sally Wiggin LOVES the Steelers!! :love:

:tt03: :tt02:

steelballs
11-10-2009, 08:46 AM

As usual, Steve Young was all over the Broncos jock before the game (this guy's hatred for the Steelers is legendary). After the game, he was gushing about how the Steelers were unbeatable if they were able to sustain the running attack displayed last night.
I know he's paid to run his yap, but at least be somewhat consistent....man I can't stand this guy.

markymarc
11-10-2009, 11:29 AM
I just don't get why Steve Young hates Ben so much. Whether Steve or any other media tool likes it or not Ben is in the elite status. Like Stuart Scott likes to say "hater in the house"!