PDA

View Full Version : "Super Bowl 44 1/2".

Edman
11-09-2009, 11:26 PM
Uh-Oh. The Patriots and Colts are playing again. What epic name are the pundits are going to call this game?

AFC Championship Preview?
This game decides the SB winner?
Game of the decade?
Battle between "the two best teams in AFC" with absolutely no mention of the Steelers?

I expect the hype to be off the charts.

4xSBChamps
11-10-2009, 07:29 AM
Battle between "the two best teams in AFC" with absolutely no mention of the Steelers?

Gowdy & DeRogatis did the same thing the first week of the 1974 playoffs, Noll made a gruff comment about it in-front of several players, and we know how that played-out

:wink02:

Talking-heads are talking

:blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:

stlrtruck
11-10-2009, 08:03 AM
They can call the game "Commerical Pundit" (manning) vs. "Goat Boy" (brady)

4xSBChamps
11-10-2009, 08:06 AM
They can call the game "Commerical Pundit" (manning) vs. "Goat Boy" (brady)

..... that would make the reporters "The Men Who Stare at Goats"

KeiselPower99
11-10-2009, 08:10 AM
I call it a game I aint watching or the game between 2 teams that will have to beat Pittsburgh for anything special this season.

RoethlisBURGHer
11-10-2009, 09:21 AM
How about "We will slobber all over the Colts and Patriots knobs.......but then watch both of them lose to Pittsburgh in the Playoffs"

HughC
11-10-2009, 12:11 PM
Seems like almost every week there's a game being hyped as either a Super Bowl preview or a conference championship preview, or new teams being touted as Super Bowl favorites. Remember in September the predictions of a Jets-Giants Super Bowl, or how the Ravens would represent the AFC in the Super Bowl? Even last night and this past week I heard how the Steelers-Broncos was an AFCCG preview; 24 hours later the same people are declaring Denver dead and San Diego to be the AFC West champs.

Psyychoward86
11-10-2009, 05:05 PM
Seems like almost every week there's a game being hyped as either a Super Bowl preview or a conference championship preview, or new teams being touted as Super Bowl favorites. Remember in September the predictions of a Jets-Giants Super Bowl, or how the Ravens would represent the AFC in the Super Bowl? Even last night and this past week I heard how the Steelers-Broncos was an AFCCG preview; 24 hours later the same people are declaring Denver dead and San Diego to be the AFC West champs.

The NFL is that kind of league :coffee:

Edman
11-10-2009, 05:24 PM
The Heads were on the Steelers bandwagon today. But by Friday they'll be off again and back on a steady diet of eating Colt and Patriot nuts.

Denver was in the SB two weeks ago, now they're not going anywhere and the Chargers are back to being darlings.

AllD
11-10-2009, 06:09 PM
They should let Larry Johnson call this game for exactly what it is.

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
11-11-2009, 12:34 AM
Speaking from a strict football fans perspective, I want and like to see games like this and enjoy them.

It's a good matchup, and a good watch, love or hate 'em, those teams along with Pittsburgh, (and maybe the Giants or Eagles) are the class of Pro Football right now and have been amongst the best teams this decade

Heck, I flipped on MNF this week to catch the Steelers play Denver, both teams I can't STAND (with the exception of Kyle Orton), but it was neat to see two teams like that able to score points and execute a gameplan, one having a cinderella like season at this point, the other the defending champs. It also shows me how real organizations can function in the NFL and not consistantly fail on a weekly basis like a certain team in Orange and Brown. :coffee:

Angus Burgher
11-12-2009, 03:00 PM
This is reminiscent of that Pats/Colts regular season game in 07.

If I remember correctly, they were both undefeated at that point, and people where saying that the winner of the game was destined to be the Super Bowl winner. Blah, blah, blah. Look what happened that year.

I'm sure it will be a good game and these are both very good teams. But all this gushing over Manning is really starting to annoy me. And I actually like the guy for the most part. I think he's a great QB and he'll always be cool in my book for beating the Ratbirds in the 06 playoffs and killing their Super Bowl dreams.

However, can we PLEASE give the MVP award this year to someone else? They obviously want him to get it again... which I wouldn't have a problem with if he hadn't (undeservedly) won it last year. His numbers last year were very good, but it was just another case of the NFL's and the AP's tendency to favor media darling quarterbacks over talented players in other positions that don't get as many endorsement deals.

Manning had a sub-par season to start last year and the only reason the Colts made the playoffs was because they capitalized on an easy schedule late in the season. But this year, they're back to playing great football so they might as well just give Peyton MVP tomorrow.

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
11-12-2009, 05:25 PM
However, can we PLEASE give the MVP award this year to someone else?

Sure, right behind you on that

http://americansportsblog.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/drew-brees1.jpg

beSteelmyheart
11-12-2009, 08:00 PM
Uh-Oh. The Patriots and Colts are playing again. What epic name are the pundits are going to call this game?

AFC Championship Preview?
This game decides the SB winner?
Game of the decade?

I expect the hype to be off the charts.

(sigh)
here we go again..:coffee: Another season of Colts/ Pats circle jerkery as usual.

Angus Burgher
11-12-2009, 08:19 PM
Sure, right behind you on that

http://americansportsblog.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/drew-brees1.jpg

But... but... but... Brees doesn't do Direct TV commercials! And he's never hosted Saturday Night Live! :chuckle: