PDA

View Full Version : Ben Roethlisberger now has a 2:1 TD:INT ratio

Gnutella
11-09-2009, 11:38 PM
After a somewhat rough start with three TD passes to four INTs, he's thrown 11 TD passes and three INTs in his last five games. That puts him at 14 TD passes and seven INTs for the season. Now that we're halfway through the season, Roethlisberger is on pace for 28 TD passes and 14 INTs -- and 4,600+ passing yards! (I don't expect the passing yardage to get that high, but I do expect the 2:1 TD:INT ratio to remain.)

It's also worth mentioning that Ben has four passer ratings of 100.0+ in eight games this season. His lowest rating so far this season is 80.8 against Chicago.

devilsdancefloor
11-09-2009, 11:46 PM
A big hats off to ken anderson for helping been! Ken was always tops in the league with his accuracy (which normally made me sick to my stomach 2 games a year BTW).:tt04::tt04::tt04:

Galax Steeler
11-10-2009, 04:31 AM
It would be nice if he could cut down on the interceptions but as long as we can win the game I guess one here and there won't hurt anything.

X-Terminator
11-10-2009, 04:43 AM
It would be nice if he could cut down on the interceptions but as long as we can win the game I guess one here and there won't hurt anything.

Sure, we'd all like that, but Ben is always going to throw his share of interceptions simply because of the way he plays the game. That's fine, because for every INT, he's going to make 4 or 5 big plays in every game while throwing (usually) 2-3 TD passes. He threw just 11 interceptions in 2007, though, so he is capable of controlling them.

sharkweek
11-10-2009, 04:49 AM
there are a few INTs that aren't even his fault...receivers running wrong routes, a hail marry before the half, etc...

its great because not only are his numbers this season on a record breaking, elite caliber pace, he's actually performing better than the stats suggest

Angus Burgher
11-10-2009, 09:30 AM
Yeah, it almost seems unfair that one of those INTs was the result of a hail mary in the season opener (I think). There are never any guarantees with those kind of throws. But whatever. Ben is already on pace to nearly double his TDs from last year... hell, he could pass those numbers in a week (and I hope he does... f**k the Bungles).

markymarc
11-10-2009, 11:39 AM
A big hats off to ken anderson for helping been! Ken was always tops in the league with his accuracy (which normally made me sick to my stomach 2 games a year BTW).:tt04::tt04::tt04:

I thought it was a great decision when we hired Ken Anderson as QB coach. While Ben is just amazing Ken does deserve some credit for helping Ben get to this level.

revefsreleets
11-11-2009, 10:17 AM
Those numbers fall EXACTLY into the same average as Tom Brady in most of his years (excepting the one year where I believe the benefits of cheating culminated). A few numbers that will definitely be higher: YPC, QBR, and completion %.

Another year or two of Ben putting up numbers like these will statistically put him on par with any QB with the possible exceptions of Manning and Brees.