PDA

View Full Version : Gotta give it to the Broncos secondary

toughsticks87
11-10-2009, 12:59 AM
I really don't know what all the numbers are, although (and especially being a Steelers fan) I've always felt like numbers didn't mean all that much. But I was very impressed with how the Broncos secondary played, especially in the first half. To me, that was an excellent football game to watch, whether or not you you were a fan of either a team. That's just good football, and a great defensive game.

:tt03:

fat4jc
11-10-2009, 01:03 AM
I really don't know what all the numbers are, although (and especially being a Steelers fan) I've always felt like numbers didn't mean all that much. But I was very impressed with how the Broncos secondary played, especially in the first half. To me, that was an excellent football game to watch, whether or not you you were a fan of either a team. That's just good football, and a great defensive game.

First half, the Broncos secondary did play well, but I thought Ben exposed them in the 2nd....especially Champ Bailey.

X-Terminator
11-10-2009, 01:03 AM

Champ Bailey was their leading tackler with 10, which should tell you all you need to know about how the rest of the defense played. They were good in the first half, but the O lit those old ass men up like candles in the second half.

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-10-2009, 01:04 AM
Yeah, they played OK, but I dont think the Bronco's secondary is any better than the Bengals. The Steelers gave it all they could handle, but if Ben doenst check down a couple times, he had Wallace and Holmes open deep.

Broncos defensive front 7 got worked. Bronco's O line got stuffed in the run game. So the Broncos WR's and DB's played well ........that all means crap if you lose the game in the trenches.

toughsticks87
11-10-2009, 01:13 AM
I wasn't impressed at all with the anything else on the Bronco's D, just the secondary. For me, the second was more like an great secondary meeting an excellent adjusted second half offense.