PDA

View Full Version : happy after a win?

Mags87
11-10-2009, 01:27 AM
is this the first time i have seen our forum spewing only positive after a win? :tt02::tt02: just kidding to all of us but what a confidence booster this game was! hated the turnovers but loved how well the offense responded (how good is Ben after a mistake?) and it looks like things are back to normal on D. go Steelers!

SteelerRob
11-10-2009, 03:06 AM
That's one of Ben's great strengths...if he makes a mistake, he shrugs it off & moves on! No point in wallowing...

Fire Haley
11-10-2009, 04:51 AM
The Holmes haters, the O-line haters and the Arians haters all had a bad night.

X-Terminator
11-10-2009, 05:05 AM
There was one who whined about Arians and a couple who complained about Holmes' celebrations (again), but other than that, it's been quite tame around here compared to other wins and most everyone seems happy. :thumbsup:

NEWstevo
11-10-2009, 05:49 AM
Holmes had 6 catches for 93 yards, and was clutch for a few first downs. He looks great, as long as he is playing football.

But as soon as the play is over, he becomes an idiot (like a lot of ego driven wide outs).

And I guess it could be much worse... he could be twittering bad photo-shopped pics of himself driving a racecar through the Steeler's defense, or complaining about not being allowed to play because of an ankle injury.

Regardless, go Steelers!

HometownGal
11-10-2009, 08:15 AM
There was one who whined about Arians and a couple who complained about Holmes' celebrations (again), but other than that, it's been quite tame around here compared to other wins and most everyone seems happy. :thumbsup:

You left out the Mendy haters - one of 'em made some negative comments in another thread. :banging: :shake02:

X-Terminator
11-10-2009, 08:53 AM
Holmes had 6 catches for 93 yards, and was clutch for a few first downs. He looks great, as long as he is playing football.

But as soon as the play is over, he becomes an idiot (like a lot of ego driven wide outs).

And I guess it could be much worse... he could be twittering bad photo-shopped pics of himself driving a racecar through the Steeler's defense, or complaining about not being allowed to play because of an ankle injury.

Regardless, go Steelers!

Who would you rather have:

Santonio Holmes and his flexes and first down points after catches...

OR

A. Larry Johnson using gay slurs and dissing his head coach on Twitter
B. Terrell Owens, who is personally responsible for ruining the locker rooms of 3 different teams
C. Chris Henry getting arrested 3 times in one calendar year.

I think I know what the answer is. Or at least, I hope I do.

You and the rest of the No Fun League crowd really need to get over that. There is absolutely no harm in it. And I also want to see the same standard held to Hines Ward, Mike Wallace (remember the somersault in the EZ against the Vikes?), Brett Keisel for his bow-and-arrow move after sacks, or anyone else in general who celebrates.

You left out the Mendy haters - one of 'em made some negative comments in another thread. :banging: :shake02:

Oh yeah, that's right! :doh:

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-10-2009, 09:44 AM

:rofl: I love how we treat rookies and young players on this board. Week 4 Mendenhall was a bust, now he is the next big thing :sofunny: I think I giggled the most when Harrison smacked Buckhalter at the end, then when Woodley jacked Polumbus right into the backfield on that replay......heck, I was giddy with delight most of the entire game.

Oh, I gotta say I like the Santonio Holmes flex much more than the point. :wink: I think he is starting a new trend!!

SteelGhost
11-10-2009, 09:53 AM
Yep, I'm happy after last night win !! Really good performance by the 3 defensive back-ups (Fox, Eason and Carter), Ben's attitude after the fumble was amazing as usual :hatsoff:. The O line made some great holes and Rushard took advantage of them, :applaudit: Troy .... was the good ole' Troy, :thumbsup: the WR's trio took care of business nicely, Steelers coaches outcoached the rival coaches .... As far as my fan eyes can see, great win ! :drink:

:tt02::tt02:

markymarc
11-10-2009, 11:46 AM
The Holmes haters, the O-line haters and the Arians haters all had a bad night.

I don't care who you are that was funny :chuckle: By the way, don't forget about the Mendenhall haters :tt02:

steel striker
11-10-2009, 08:26 PM
I like how are guys respond after the turnovers (Ben's strip fumble & red zone pick). It was hge how Ben and the offense scored very next drive. We can't say enough about our great defense. I knew it was going to be a good night since a shot a perfect 300 game in my bowling league. lol The entire my bowling league knows that I'm a huge steeler fan and, I had the tv's in at the bowling alley on for the game. I usally take a alot of heat because, I'm always around ravens,eagles fans.lol Sorry for the rant.

GridironWarrior
11-10-2009, 08:36 PM

Who's hating on Mendy? That's out of hand the guy is going to be a star. I officially adopt him.

HometownGal
11-10-2009, 08:40 PM
Who's hating on Mendy? That's out of hand the guy is going to be a star. I officially adopt him.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=41378&page=5

StainlessStill
11-10-2009, 08:52 PM
During the 2nd half to where we started domination and esp during that last drive and finally seeing a complete game in all phases was something that brought a huge smile to my face. Watching our defense, AND offense close a football game in that fashion was a thing I haven't seen since the 2005 season when we had such a closer with the bus.

I'm telling you ladies and gentleman, appreciate these Pittsburgh Steelers in this era! This is probably the best team(s) we've ever had and they are really rivaling those Steelers of the 70's! Such a privileged to get to see this and have championships to show for it.. finally!

steel striker
11-10-2009, 08:57 PM
You got to love what mendy has been doing as of late he is really showing why we drafted him as our 1# pick.

Texasteel
11-10-2009, 09:17 PM
http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=41378&page=5

That was a pretty ignorant statement. I guess that means Franco Harris wasn't a real Steeler.

tony hipchest
11-10-2009, 09:33 PM
That was a pretty ignorant statement. I guess that means Franco Harris wasn't a real Steeler.yep. pretty rediculous.

franco is able to walk around and live a normal life, virtually pain free.

earl campbell is practically a cripple.

being that the players union and the skimpy pensions dont take care of those who paved the way, i cant see how anyone has the gall to hack on the way franco played the game.

SteelersMongol
11-11-2009, 08:29 PM
Happy? I'm not happy. I want Mendy 2 get cut because he didn't rush for 156 yards. & since Willie is just as useless, he should B cut 2. I also want 2 cut whole o-lineman just because they're not good. Also I want 2 fire Arians because ... because ... because ... well, isn't that pretty much what everyone around here wants. :chuckle: