PDA

View Full Version : Props to BA

Youngstown Steeler
11-10-2009, 09:15 AM
BA has taken alot of criticism over the years and I think its time to give him his props. I've been impressed, for the most part, with his game-planning and play calling this year. Hats off, Bruce. Keep up the good work!!

steelpride12
11-10-2009, 09:20 AM
Ive always been a fan of Arians he led this offense to a super bowl last season and again has brought together a great group of guys on offense and the play calling is excellent. The struggles last season were not his fault as the plays this season continue to look similar. BA has contributed greatly to this offense and ill continue you to back him.

HometownGal
11-10-2009, 09:22 AM
BA has taken alot of criticism over the years and I think its time to give him his props. I've been impressed, for the most part, with his game-planning and play calling this year. Hats off, Bruce. Keep up the good work!!

Ab-so-freakin'-lutely! :drink::applaudit::hatsoff:

I've never had a problem with BA and feel that most of the criticisms about him were totally unjustified. He totally understands his players, utilizes their many talents and has a great rapport with them. I think the guy deserves major props. :thumbsup:

Nadroj 20
11-10-2009, 09:25 AM
Ab-so-freakin'-lutely! :drink::applaudit::hatsoff:

I've never had a problem with BA and feel that most of the criticisms about him were totally unjustified. He totally understands his players, utilizes their many talents and has a great rapport with them. I think the guy deserves major props. :thumbsup:

I agree and there has been people calling out BA after last night :doh:

I do not see why they can call him out, we are 6-2 he is doing something right!

GridironWarrior
11-10-2009, 10:11 AM
I was a big basher of Arians and the Oline. But holy cow, now they all had time to gel and execute properly, I must take everything bad back I said about them. The Oline is a strength and Arians has dialed up some good plays, especially that counter to the right. Sacks are down and they are moving the ball and scoring. Kudos to those guys. This young massive Oline is getting better every week.

dpc13
11-10-2009, 10:21 AM
Arian`s appears to be getting a comfort zone going with Ben`s happy feet and building on that more often , as well the Oline sees more of the field thru their ear-holes lately . 'GOOD JOB DONE BY THEM " .

SteelGhost
11-10-2009, 10:23 AM
I was a big basher of Arians and the Oline. But holy cow, now they all had time to gel and execute properly, I must take everything bad back I said about them. The Oline is a strength and Arians has dialed up some good plays, especially that counter to the right. Sacks are down and they are moving the ball and scoring. Kudos to those guys. This young massive Oline is getting better every week.

+1 :drink:

scsteeler
11-10-2009, 10:32 AM

I posted before the season got started that the O-line would be one of the strengths of the team but I don't think anyone paid attention. LOL

cubanstogie
11-10-2009, 10:51 AM
I posted before the season got started that the O-line would be one of the strengths of the team but I don't think anyone paid attention. LOL

with that quote most would have you admitted to a psych ward. I did see improvement at end of year, but our line is actually a strength now. Awesome feeling

The_WARDen
11-10-2009, 10:57 AM
Man, this crow is very good.

:nw:

markymarc
11-10-2009, 11:34 AM
While I will never become a fan of Bruce Arians, I have no issues giving him major kudos this season. Bruce has this offense performing at a very high level! Even I have enough sense to realize that Bruce has been a big part of the team's success in 2009. Although I would like to see Bruce listen to Ben a little more and let him run the no huddle when asked :chuckle: When we ran it last night in the 2nd half Denver could not stop it! The only time it was stopped was when Ben threw the interception.

markymarc
11-10-2009, 12:05 PM
I will eat some crow as well. Arians and the OL are on fire right now. Before the regular season started I was really questioning the FO decisions to resign Starks, Kemo and Hartwig to long deals but once again they showed me why they are one of the best in all of sports.

After Ben got sacked and the fumble return for a TD, he showed exactly why he is the leader of this team. He gathered the entire OL on the sideline and gave them a little talk. The best part is he said something to Kemo and patted him on the helmet. They obviously got the message because they opened up some serious holes for Mendenhall and protected Ben the rest of the game.

steelreserve
11-10-2009, 12:16 PM
I'm also going to go out on a limb and say:

- No Parker makes the O-line look better; they were never actually that bad
- No Parker makes Arians' playcalling look better; he was never actually that bad

I know this will come as a shock to those who are familiar with my opinions, but sometimes you've got to take those wild leaps.

Note: This does not mean I think Arians/O-Line also haven't gotten better on their own. But the running back situation was compounding their shortcomings last year.

Christian Snyder
11-10-2009, 01:13 PM
I agree and there has been people calling out BA after last night :doh:

I do not see why they can call him out, we are 6-2 he is doing something right! He's the only reason we aren't 8-0! He sucks! We need a new OC, now!

Note: I'm being sarcastic.

TackleMeBen
11-10-2009, 01:43 PM
i am no fan of BA, but he has seemed to call a better game this season. but if we lose sunday to the bengals, i am sure people will be calling for his head on a silver platter.

California-Steel
11-10-2009, 01:46 PM
Ummm...OK. I thought we started to move the ball and look like a real team when Ben was calling the plays not Arians. When we are in the no huddle or muddle huddle or whatever...Ben calls the plays not Arians.

Even at the end of the game when Ben was being interviewed by Suzy, she asked "what happened in the second half that got you guys going". Bens response, "The no huddle". That was a subtle way of saying I took over the play calling. OK maybe not but that is what it amounts to.

California-Steel
11-10-2009, 02:02 PM
Ben called most of that game not BA. They did not start to move the ball until Ben went no huddle in the 2nd half. In the no huddle Ben calls the plays not BA.

At the end of the game when Suzy interviewed Ben she asked "what was it that had you guys turn it around in the 2nd half"? Bens answer, "the no huddle". Well what does that tell you? Basiclly Ben was saying, well I was able to call the plays.

You guys give BA credit if you want but the first half was pathetic and that was the half BA called.

revefsreleets
11-10-2009, 02:04 PM
Oh no, not this again...did I really just read "Ben called the GOOD plays that worked and BA called the BAD plays that didn't"?

Indo
11-10-2009, 02:17 PM
Oh no, not this again...did I really just read "Ben called the GOOD plays that worked and BA called the BAD plays that didn't"?

Yes.
Yes, I believe you did.

Unbelievable.

This just in---

The Pittsburgh Steelers have announced that a recent Play-By-Play analysis of the past 5 games has revealed that the No Huddle Offense is Successful. That being the case, they will continue to let their Not-Quite-Elite Quarterback, Ben "what was I thinking in Nevada" Roethlisberger continue to call all plays from the aforementioned No Huddle Package. Bruce Arians, the useless Offensive Coordinator of the Defending Superbowl Champions will be released in order to free-up salary cap money. With the savings achieved in releasing the has-been Arians, the Steelers plan to work-out and, inevitably sign, Larry Johnson because, after all, Mendenhall is a bust; Willie Parker sucks, and whothehellis Memo?

end

California-Steel
11-10-2009, 02:38 PM
Read it. Even the announcers made a number of comments on Ben calling his own plays. The article below was written before the game but it still states the case.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d ... nfirm=true

I am not saying that all of Ben's calls are good and all fo BA's calls are bad, but Ben sure has a better feel for keeping the flow.

MasterOfPuppets
11-10-2009, 03:30 PM
i;ve often wondered why more coordinators don't sit up in the booth to get a better feel / view of whats going on on the field...:noidea:

Indo
11-10-2009, 04:08 PM
i;ve often wondered why more coordinators don't sit up in the booth to get a better feel / view of whats going on on the field...:noidea:

Whiz did

GodofGridiron
11-10-2009, 06:09 PM
Im still wondering why if BA is soo GDamn good why isnt a single owner in the league askin for an interview....ever think about that ? Speaks a lot about what he is or ISNT.

Hes not the worst but hes not the best...just sayin

HometownGal
11-10-2009, 07:26 PM
OMFG - time to bring out Mortimer again. :banging: :banging: :banging:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3608/3382560468_2b7a1c2dbe.jpg

HometownGal
11-10-2009, 07:27 PM

Basically, yes you did revs.

THEY WALK AMONG US. :horror:

HometownGal
11-10-2009, 07:36 PM
Ummm...OK. I thought we started to move the ball and look like a real team when Ben was calling the plays not Arians. When we are in the no huddle or muddle huddle or whatever...Ben calls the plays not Arians.

Even at the end of the game when Ben was being interviewed by Suzy, she asked "what happened in the second half that got you guys going". Bens response, "The no huddle". That was a subtle way of saying I took over the play calling. OK maybe not but that is what it amounts to.

Dude - you either need to put down the crack pipe or get more carrots into your seeing eye dog's diet. :shake02:

Texasteel
11-10-2009, 07:56 PM

Hard to believe, isn't it.

Texasteel
11-10-2009, 07:57 PM
OMFG - time to bring out Mortimer again. :banging: :banging: :banging:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3608/3382560468_2b7a1c2dbe.jpg

I love it when you bring him back for a return visit.

revefsreleets
11-11-2009, 08:00 AM
The plays are are still Arians.

The mike is still on for Arians.

Ben is still listening to BA.

This is Bruce Arians offense. They are his plays. This is his baby. Ben is the guy executing it, and, yes, Ben calls some of his own plays...but this is still Bruce Arians offense.

SteelMember
11-11-2009, 08:21 AM
Well, he didn't lose it for us. :chuckle:

He did have some nice wrinkles in there Monday night, but you gotta love calling the same play time and again daring the D to stop you. So, Props also to the fat guys.

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-11-2009, 11:21 AM

Its all personal preference. I only have done it in highschool, but from up high you can see formations better, although you cant talk to a player face to face and teach him something to do as an adjustment. On the sidelines, you can often get a closer look and see some of the subtle motions, techniques that are or are not being executed.....plus you can kind of get a "feel for the flow of the game".

Personally, I felt being on the sidelines felt like you were part of the battle, while being in the booth was like you were just watching and leading from the rear.

I have said for 2 seasons that I love BA pulling the TE and backside guard to lead block for the RB. This game he ran a play action off that motion...........ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFULLY EXECUTED!!! :thumbsup: Love that wrinkle.

Indo
11-11-2009, 11:26 AM
Its all personal preference. I only have done it in highschool, but from up high you can see formations better, although you cant talk to a player face to face and teach him something to do as an adjustment. On the sidelines, you can often get a closer look and see some of the subtle motions, techniques that are or are not being executed.....plus you can kind of get a "feel for the flow of the game".

Personally, I felt being on the sidelines felt like you were part of the battle, while being in the booth was like you were just watching and leading from the rear.

I have said for 2 seasons that I love BA pulling the TE and backside guard to lead block for the RB. This game he ran a play action off that motion...........ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFULLY EXECUTED!!! :thumbsup: Love that wrinkle.

Good perspective, Gonzo. Thanks

As for the TE----Heath was a BEAST on Mon. night!

MongoSteeler
11-12-2009, 04:24 AM
That's the old counter play Gonzo,that Pittsburgh has been running for 100 years. They just dusted it off for that #1 defense.

ricksteelers55
11-12-2009, 09:21 AM

I've criticized BA a couple of times but never said we should fire the guy as I always thought he was a good OC.The only problems I had with him was his lack of diversity on the running game.(I'm a fan of using different type of RB) But right now even though we still use only 1 RB through all games(and 1 in the end when everything is almost sealed) I cant complain because our running game is back on track !!!

So keep up the good work BA and the whole offensive unit

ricksteelers55
11-12-2009, 09:27 AM
BTW ....when are we going to realize that last year wasnt much about how bad the offense was than how good the other teams D were ? Look at our schedule this year compare to last year's schedule you will see why we're so much better this year.I think we have a very good offense we just played a lot of very good D last year period

LVSteelersfan
11-12-2009, 10:04 AM
I already ate my crow earlier this season. I still don't take back what I said about him last year however. He did keep running Willie Parker up the middle on first and second down over and over and made us go from third and long all the time. And his red zone calls were absolutely pathetic last year. We still should be scoring more points when we get into the red zone. But it is certainly better than it was last year. I like to think that Arians learned from his mistakes last year. Also getting Mr. Willie "can't find the hole even when it is there plain as day" Parker off the field has made a tremendous difference. Willie, I love you for what you were, but not for what you are now.