PDA

View Full Version : Kirill from Moscow, Russia.

Kislik
01-23-2006, 07:01 AM
Good day everyone :) Let me introduce myself.

I live in Moscow. I'm nearly 23 years old. I support Steelers since 1996 - SBXXX. That was the first footbal game on Russian TV. Previously I was just following the score of the game. But this season I watched games online via the official site, and the radio. I didn't know why I've became so interested in football this season, but now I know :) We're in SBXL!!! :)

I love watching "Any given Sunday" with Al Pachino. And his "Peaces with inches speech" is the way I'm trying to live :)

My favorite players in the team are Big Ben, The Bus, Heath Miller, Troy Polomalu, Aaron Smith, Ike Taylor, Chris Gardocki. That doen't mean that I hate others but these are the best guys for me)))

Best wishes from the snowy Moscow :)
If you'll come to visit us just make me know :)

Prosdo
01-23-2006, 07:03 AM
Welcome to SF! Enjoy the site.

BlacknGold Bleeder
01-23-2006, 07:07 AM
It's not only a STEELER Nation, It's a STEELER WORLD !!! WELCOME !!

SteelerzGirl
01-23-2006, 08:22 AM
Welcome to Steelers Fever, Kislik! GO STEELERS! :bouncy:

FisherMOM
01-23-2006, 08:51 AM
Welcome to the site Kislik!! Glad to have you here! :tt: :tt:

Kislik
01-23-2006, 02:43 PM
thx a million :)
I'm happy to be in such a nice community!

Koopa
01-24-2006, 02:29 PM
welcome to SF, hope you enjoy it here, lol and i think your the first person i've ever seen say they like a punter

clevestinks
01-24-2006, 04:29 PM
Welcome Enjoy Go Steelers!

Is it tough getting Steelers merchandise there?

DIESELMAN
01-24-2006, 08:20 PM
How cool is this? Welcome my friend.....ENJOY!! :helmet:

beSteelmyheart
01-24-2006, 08:29 PM
Hello, Kislik!
I heard that there is going to be some sort of NFL in Europe-have you heard anything like that?
I wanted to list my favorites for ya, but realized I love em all. it will be sad not to see some of them again next year.
It's a Steelers World!

BlitzburghRockCity
01-24-2006, 08:43 PM
Welcome to our very first Russian member !! Welcome to SF :tt: Glad to have you !

Milkman
01-24-2006, 09:01 PM
We're glad to have you here at SF!!! :tt: :tt: :tt:

BlueTalon
01-24-2006, 09:47 PM
I live in Moscow. I'm nearly 23 years old. I support Steelers since 1996 - SBXXX. That was the first footbal game on Russian TV.

Best wishes from the snowy Moscow :)
If you'll come to visit us just make me know :)Hello, Kislik! So are you from Russia, or did something bring you there (business, school, girl, something?)

Kislik
01-26-2006, 03:06 AM
Is it tough getting Steelers merchandise there?

Yes it is really tough. You can find for example a cap that costs 3$ or a jacket that costs 5$ - but that is shit.... Only poor people would buy it and they do not know what does the simbol with 3 diamonds means... if speaking of official merchandise we have several shops with lots of footbal stuff but i've never been there, and i don't think that there is a lot of Steelers stuff(((

Speaking about official online shop... I'd love to buy several jerseys, terrible towel and a cap... but I do not know how much would that cost :) will it be 2 or 3 prices for the delivery :) As Pittsburg is not too close to Moscow :)

I heard that there is going to be some sort of NFL in Europe-have you heard anything like that?

Yes we have a European Footbal League and as I know there are several players in this league from the best russian team Called Moscow Patriots :) Once I saw a game between two german teams and in my opinion it is not as interesting as NFL. The same I can say if we compare, for example, English Premier League and MLS. :)

Hello, Kislik! So are you from Russia, or did something bring you there (business, school, girl, something?)

No, I'm a native Russian and never been to US :) I have relatives living in LA, but i've never seen'em. :)

welcome to SF, hope you enjoy it here, lol and i think your the first person i've ever seen say they like a punter

It's a bit difficult to explain but I love the way a punter punts the ball. :) I never tried to punt and I think it's impossible to punt a ball for a long and very strict (1-5 yards) distance as Chris does.

And one more question from me :)

I know that Browns are rivals for us. But how rival are they? I'll try to explain what I mean.

I support Spartak Moscow in soccer. We have our biggest rival, also located in Moscow, called CSKA. We always have fights between groups of fans... it is a bit dangerous especially for youngsters to walk in a scarf of your team as you can be beaten by rival fans and they can take your scarf to clean their boots. :) When Spartak and CSKA are playing against each other ordinary people are trying to stay at home as it is too dangerous (lots of fights allover and in suburbs of Moscow). etc-etc

Is it the same with Cleveland? :)

Mamaduck43
01-26-2006, 05:01 AM
Zdravstvuite and Aloha, Kislik.... I am a Steelers fan living in Hawaii.... I was fortunate enough to study Russian in High School and University... I remember very little of the language, however.....

I welcome you to the best group of fans of the best NFL football team in the US..... It is good to have you here with us....

HburgXL06
01-27-2006, 11:39 AM
Yo Kislik, you deserve respect for repping the Steelers half way around the world. It's a great sport and the Steelers a great team you made the right choice. Stay loyal and have fun here. Welcome to America...........no WELCOME TO PITTSBURGH. If you ever need any help finding Steelers merchandise let me know I will try to help you out. As far as rivalries go Cleveland is the closest team geographically to Pittsburgh so the fan base in the area is split (the is one team in Ohio that is split right down the middle, one side Steelers fans the other side Browns fans). One good thing about America is to my knowledge there is very little violence between fans of two rival teams. We may cheer for different teams but we respect each other. Any small fights that break out are isolated incidents and are not widespread. Another thing that makes violence so rare is that in America unlike Europe the teams, cities, and fans are more spread out. This means that there is less interaction between fans because they do not see each other on a regular basis except at games. But those facts only apply to football so much, don't ask about baseball in this country, that is a different story. Keep the faith man. Peace.

BuFu

Kislik
01-30-2006, 05:43 AM
Thanks for anwering and future help :)

My colleague is going to US on February I'll ask her to buy a jersey ... if she'll buy it I'll post here a photo (is the Red Square a good background for this?:)) If not we'll try to find another way to buy it :)

HburgXL06
01-30-2006, 06:18 AM
Don't matter where you at man represent the Steelers wherever you are!!

BuFu

SteelR1
01-30-2006, 07:44 AM
Steeler Fever is going international!!!!! Welcome and ENJOY this great site and the GREATEST fans!!!!

Mr. Clean
02-01-2006, 06:27 PM
Welcome, tovarich!

SteelCityMan786
02-01-2006, 07:43 PM
Welcome To SF Russia

Kislik
12-23-2006, 08:29 PM
Hope noone will be against the reminder of this thread. May be someone doesn't know that there are russians on this greastest forum :)

stillers4me
12-23-2006, 10:35 PM
I am new to the forum since you originally posted......thanks for bumping it up!! Wow.....Russia!! Welcome back to Steelers Fever and another thrilling rollar coaster ride called the Pittsburgh Steelers!! Another season.....another nail biter! Sure wish they would make it easy on us fans by winning all their games.......but I guess that would take all the thrill out winning the big one. Here we go, Steelers!!

Did you ever get your jersey and Terrible Towel?

clevestinks
12-23-2006, 10:50 PM
Russia? Damn we are everywhere! Welcome.

steelerbackr4life
12-24-2006, 12:33 AM
Welcome ! i know there are Stiller fans everywhere !
The night before the Tampa game the people sitting at the table next to my family at the Hilton pub were from Australia ! Just goes to show that the classiest fans in the world can not be contained geographicly !

Preacher
12-24-2006, 01:35 AM
Its great to have you here...

Glad you like the best team in Football!

Gotta tell you though. The most impressive team of ALL team sports however,

Was teh Soviet Hockey team of the 70's. WOW.

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-24-2006, 05:48 AM
...No doubt about it...a World-Wide Fanbase

HometownGal
12-24-2006, 10:07 AM
Hiya Kislik and welcome (back) to SF! We're delighted to have you here! :smile: :tt02: :wave:

SteelerFanInCA
12-26-2006, 12:28 PM
That's awesome. A Steelers fan in Russia. Greeting and welcome to the site.

SteelShooter
12-31-2006, 10:07 AM
Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome ....................and did I say "Hey There!" :whatnow:

Kislik
02-08-2007, 04:29 AM
Thanks to all of you, sorry for the late reply - I had huge problems with my internet coonection, not it is fixed and I'm back :)

Concerning steelers stuff that I have. I've received a new year present from US (my girlfriend ordered it for me :)) now I have a jersey a t-shirt and a cap. But I was so stupid to forget about a terrible Towel :((( And I think it's not a good idea to order it from the shop again as it costs less than 10USD and the delivery will cost me 51USD. So I'll have to wait someone to come to Russia :). As I got as Jersey now be ready for a best fan photo ever :) As I promised ealier I'll get a photo at the Red Square :) Hope to do it next week :)

Kislik
09-09-2007, 12:01 PM
Hi again Steelers Nation.

Greetings from the rainy Moscow adn Congrats with the start of the season. :tt02:

Since this season I've finally found the way the watch games with you online :) Previously I was listnening to the radio and watching the online translation on NFL.com. Hope this season would be ours and will repeat our perfect XL season :)

I'd also like to congratulate all of you with the 75th anniversary of the Franchise. And hope that in a couple of days I'll finally make a photo at the Red Square in #7 Jersey to probe that you're not the Steelers Nation but as it was said earlier The Steelers World!!! :) :tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02:

Good luck to all of us and let's BEGIN!!!

fansince'76
09-09-2007, 12:05 PM
Welcome back, Kislik! Don't be such a stranger! :cheers:

Big Ben 33
09-11-2007, 11:56 AM
Welcome to the site.

Here we go Steelers Here we go .......:tt02:

SteelersMongol
09-11-2007, 03:32 PM
Privyet! Welcome back.

steelersfanmx
09-11-2007, 05:37 PM
Its a Steelers World.. and we live in it!...:flap:
Welcome to Steelers Fever!:cheers:

Kislik
02-02-2011, 03:43 PM
Hey guys!

It's been a while since the last time I was here... but I'm back... once again =) And again it's the Super Bowl time =)

And I have a question once again =) I have a very mad idea of going to SF this year to visit Steelers game and have a trip around California, Nevada and the Grand Canyon. What I need to know is... do anyone have any idea on when the game could occur as I was told that i should better apply for the visa 6 months prior to the visit to the US.

SteelCityMom
02-02-2011, 05:44 PM
Hey guys!

It's been a while since the last time I was here... but I'm back... once again =) And again it's the Super Bowl time =)

And I have a question once again =) I have a very mad idea of going to SF this year to visit Steelers game and have a trip around California, Nevada and the Grand Canyon. What I need to know is... do anyone have any idea on when the game could occur as I was told that i should better apply for the visa 6 months prior to the visit to the US.

Hi Kislik, and welcome back!

I'm not sure what the schedule will be for next season. The SF game could be as early as September or as late as December. The schedules don't get released until late April or early May, so to be safe I'd say apply for your Visa by March at the latest (that would be about 6 months before the start of the 2011 season).

Hope you get everything in order in time and get to enjoy the game!

Kislik
02-03-2011, 02:23 PM
Hi Kislik, and welcome back!

I'm not sure what the schedule will be for next season. The SF game could be as early as September or as late as December. The schedules don't get released until late April or early May, so to be safe I'd say apply for your Visa by March at the latest (that would be about 6 months before the start of the 2011 season).

Hope you get everything in order in time and get to enjoy the game!

I'm not sure with the application form but I think I should mention there the dates wehn I plan to be in US... so I need to know the schedule first =(