PDA

View Full Version : Any Dan Brown readers on the board?

Hammer Of The GODS
11-10-2009, 12:02 PM
I know most of you probobly have seen the Divinci Code movie. But how many have read Dan Browns books? Books almost always surpass the movie that follows and although I haven't seen Angels and Demons yet my guess is that the book wins out there too.

I just finished the last book in the trilogy, the Lost Symbol. It was a good read and definately a page turner, but out of the 3 books I think Angels and Demons was the best of the three. The Lost Symbol has a good plot and some really interesting views on religion and God as well.

All in all I recommend these three books if you haven't read them, and don't let the movies keep you from reading the book as the book goes into much more detail than the movie plots.

Also if anyone has read his other books I would like to hear your thoughts on those as well, as I haven't read them yet.

The_WARDen
11-10-2009, 12:04 PM
Loved the 1st 2 in the trilogy. Haven't read Lost Symbol yet.

RunWillieRun
11-10-2009, 01:08 PM
I've read all of his thriller books except The Lost Symbol...It is sitting on my nightstand and I'll probably read it this weekend.

I really like them all but would rate them in this order:
1. Angels and Demons
2. DaVinci Code
3. Digital Fortress
4. Deception point

xfl2001fan
11-10-2009, 02:26 PM
You know, I delayed watching the DaVinci Code until I could get my hands on both books. I had the DaVinci Code book for about a year before I could get ahold of Angels And Demons...absolutely LOVE that book and am looking forward to watching the movie. I did finally watch DC movie. Haven't read any of his other stuff yet, but will probably get into his other books once I start going TDY with my new unit. I love to read when I'm on the road.