PDA

View Full Version : Seriously?

SteelersMomma
11-10-2009, 04:38 PM
http://forums.denverbroncos.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5

These people are so pathetic. A lot of their first page of that forum is based on bashing the Steelers and the fans. I mean can they not just face the facts the Steelers are a better equipped team then the Broncos. I'm sorry but all of us fans that were in the stands last night for the game and paid a pretty penny for our tickets. It doesn't show us how we're jumping on the band wagon it shows that we are true loyal fans that will travel and pay what ever to see our team play. We shouldn't be bashed like they are doing because we're more loyal to our team then some of the bronco fans. They make it seem like tickets are five dollars a piece. If you show up to the game you obviously "follow" your team regardless if they are having a good season or not. We paid over 500 dollars for our tickets up in the nose bleed section during preseason. I didn't care about how they were doing this year. I went to support my team and to finally see them play in person which was the most remarkable thing in the ENTIRE WORLD!
:tt04::helmet::tt02:

X-Terminator
11-10-2009, 04:51 PM
Sour grapes.

If they want to bash someone, bash the fans who sold their tickets to Steelers fans. You will never see the mass numbers of opposing teams' fans at Heinz...ever. The most you would ever see would be the couple hundred Vikings fans that were said to be at the game 2 weeks ago. If Steelers fans have a chance to buy tickets at other stadiums, they are going to take advantage of it, period. Don't like it? Do something about it.

SteelersMomma
11-10-2009, 04:57 PM
Sour grapes.

If they want to bash someone, bash the fans who sold their tickets to Steelers fans. You will never see the mass numbers of opposing teams' fans at Heinz...ever. The most you would ever see would be the couple hundred Vikings fans that were said to be at the game 2 weeks ago. If Steelers fans have a chance to buy tickets at other stadiums, they are going to take advantage of it, period. Don't like it? Do something about it.

ohh I agree! I mean we have a very large group of fans all over the united states. Everywhere we play there are TONS of Steeler fans there supporting them. You will never see over 40K people in the stands that are the opposing team at our home territory.

MasterOfPuppets
11-10-2009, 04:59 PM
Sour grapes.

If they want to bash someone, bash the fans who sold their tickets to Steelers fans. You will never see the mass numbers of opposing teams' fans at Heinz...ever. The most you would ever see would be the couple hundred Vikings fans that were said to be at the game 2 weeks ago. If Steelers fans have a chance to buy tickets at other stadiums, they are going to take advantage of it, period. Don't like it? Do something about it. exactly...whats that saying about YOUR OWN FANS , that an oppossing team fans is able to acuire so many tickets...:tap:

Vincent
11-10-2009, 05:13 PM
As our senior inside linebacker says, "Its a 5 star match up cuz we in it". That said, its only appropriate that a commensurate number of Steeler fans attend. We appreciate the fans that recognize this and make their tickets available. :tt02:

Psyychoward86
11-10-2009, 05:50 PM
i love how a lot of them complain that we are classless and ran up the score. Well you know, i believe there are 11 men paid millions to stop 11 other men from advancing the ball to the endzone. Yell at them for not doing their job.

steelreserve
11-10-2009, 05:52 PM
Honestly, if you need to sell your tickets to a game, do you ask the buyer which team they're rooting for? Most of the time, it doesn't even come up, especially if you're selling them online. I don't think you can fault anyone for "selling tickets to the enemy."

Only things that proves are:

1) There really are a lot of Pittsburgh fans living in these other cities,
2) In Pittsburgh, more season ticket holders go to all the games, and
3) If they can't go to all the games, Pittsburgh is damn near 100% Steelers fans, so the tickets most likely go to other Steelers fans anyway.

All positive things if you ask me.

fansince'76
11-10-2009, 05:54 PM
i love how a lot of them complain that we are classless and ran up the score. Well you know, i believe there are 11 men paid millions to stop 11 other men from advancing the ball to the endzone. Yell at them for not doing their job.

28-10 is running up the score? Not hardly. Going up 30+ points in the first half and continuing to not only keep all the starters in, but continuing to throw the damn ball, even on 4th down to pad a certain douche's stats - THAT is running up the score. Not mentioning any franchise names in particular.

steelreserve
11-10-2009, 05:59 PM

Yeah, not to mention enough time was left that we couldn't run the clock out. Since it was third and goal, our choices were either try to score, or give them the ball back, duh. We had nowhere else to go.

Also, since when does an 18-point win count as "running up the score?"

Psyychoward86
11-10-2009, 05:59 PM
28-10 is running up the score? Not hardly. Going up 30+ points in the first half and continuing to not only keep all the starters in, but continuing to throw the damn ball, even on 4th down to pad a certain douche's stats - THAT is running up the score. Not mentioning any franchise names in particular.

http://goallineblitz.com/game/forum_thread.pl?thread_id=3458356

:chuckle:

steelreserve
11-10-2009, 06:01 PM

I know, those damn Chiefs are always blowing people out. They show NO mercy.

NJarhead
11-10-2009, 06:11 PM
Meh. The posts I read were 75% reasonable to 25% whiner. Not much different than here. The reasonable bronco fans seemed to be policing their own.

steelerchad
11-10-2009, 06:12 PM

Not to mention they chose to burn their last time out right before we scored. I guarantee had they waived the white flag and not called time out to get the ball back and try to score themselves, Tomlin would have had Ben take a knee.

You can't have it both ways. Either submit and accept defeat or prepare to be scored upon.

tube517
11-10-2009, 06:22 PM
Exactly.

Whaaaaaaa whaaaaaaaa donkey fans.

Sour grapes.

devilsdancefloor
11-10-2009, 06:41 PM
i read one thread and stopped once they compared us to the raiders:doh: Well Mcdanials could have just let the clock run instead of calling TO on the last drive. Im sure if it got to the point where we could run out the clock we would have taken a KNEE. I have to say after wtching the game (first time i have seen the donkeys this year) that i am not impressed with the Offense at all. they where hot out of the gates, but once Lebeau made adjustments an dcontrolled the A gap and dropp a LB into the dunk area we shut them down! Now there D impressed me at least in the 1st half , but again Arians made adjustments and they where toast!

Kaeg
11-10-2009, 06:54 PM
I don't think we ran up the score at all. We were up by 11 with a couple minutes left. If we just handed the ball back to them without scoring, it's very possible for a team to score twice in that time to steal the win. I just think we made sure we put the final nail in the coffin. Nothing more. And I'm one who hates when teams run up the score. *********

SteelersMomma
11-10-2009, 07:36 PM
http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=156055

I just got on there to see if ther was any more "funny updates" this has to be the best one so far. It's pretty funny when they say that because our fans are very respectful and they were during the game.
I guess they forgot when it snows that their fans will put batteries in the snowballs and throw them at the other teams. This happened at a raiders game and the player jumped in the stands and attacked the guy. The "fan" tried to press charges but he couldn't do it because they considered it "self defense". I mean come on... we may have people who say things but we don't throw batteries and other things at an opposing team because their not "our" favorite.

fansince'76
11-10-2009, 07:40 PM
Anyway, it got me thinking about opposing fans, I can only go on what I have seen on their message boards and judge them that way but here goes.

Best fans - Bengals, very classy and talked a great game of football.

'Nuff said. Credibility = zero. I didn't bother to read any further past that.

MasterOfPuppets
11-10-2009, 07:49 PM
if i were a donkey fan, i wouldn't feel to comfortable about winning the division....while they're looking more and more like early season flukes, sandiego is playing better...:popcorn:

HometownGal
11-10-2009, 08:10 PM
OrangeCrush4082
Practice Squad Join Date: Sep 2006

Steelers are a classless team

Hines Ward and the love affair that the MSM has with him is an idiot.Going ahead and celebrate that you scored a meaningless touchdown Mike Tomlin and Heinz Ward. This isnt college,you can kneel down on the ball with an 11 point lead with less then 3 minutes left.I would be embarrassed if I were you Hines Ward,voted the dirtiest player in the NFL by a poll of NFL players.

I cant wait to see how Ochocinco is going to shred your defense next week and he pours ketchup all over your field.

You will learn.Karma is a *****

qS7nqwGt4-I

Edman
11-10-2009, 08:36 PM
Reminds me of the Titans game last year. The Titans players were pissed that there were so many Steeler fans at their stadium.

If you're going to complain about anything. Complain to your fans that allowed Steelers fans' access to your stadium by selling them tickets.

As for the dude who said Bengal fans are cool, someone show him Go-Bengals or Bengals Zone and see how "classy" they are.

SteelCityMom
11-10-2009, 10:11 PM

'Nuff said. Credibility = zero. I didn't bother to read any further past that.

Yeah, Bronx is the little whiny B#(*h that came here before the game and started the thread about how Harrison should switch to RT if Lebeau had any sense lol. Then he complained on his own board about how stupid we made him feel (well that's not what he said but that's what I know he was feeling).

Stinky whiny little brit that he is...

steel striker
11-11-2009, 07:22 AM
It speaks volume how strong steeler nation is. Sounds like to me that a lot of teams have fair weather fans. Just about all of the steeler faithful I know have always supported our team no matter what. Just a lot of haters out there.