PDA

View Full Version : Who was over South Side or Hightops last night ??

bozz723
01-23-2006, 09:21 AM
It was absolutely insane over in south side !! Sea of people everywhere, I mean it was beautiful, absolutely amazing, everyone waving their terrible towels, hugs, high fives, everything, it was just magic...

Then over to Hightops--just jam packed with people, Steeler jerseys wall to wall, place was absolutely boucning, my body was vibrating at one point, i think i had an out of body experience...lol

If we win the super bowl I can't imagine what it's going to be like, I can pretty much guarantee it will be one of the best days in my life, this city, and the Steeler fans just absolutely deserve a suoer bowl victory, look what happens on an afc champ victory !!

HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

aphiz
01-23-2006, 01:24 PM
man, i wish i lived in pitt

Hammer67
01-23-2006, 01:25 PM
I was debating going down or not but we were all so drunk we just made some noise and waved to the honking cars riding by the house we were at...

cmdrfunk
01-23-2006, 02:22 PM
Then over to Hightops--just jam packed with people, Steeler jerseys wall to wall, place was absolutely boucning, my body was vibrating at one point, i think i had an out of body experience...lol

I was thinking of going there with the girlfriend for the super bowl. I've never been there and i'll be coming back to the burgh from 5 hours away. Is it worth going? I mean.. i actually want to see the game. If i'm packed into the wall and can't move like some dance club it's not worth going. I'm worried there will be too many people who just want to be part of the excitement and don't care about football and just want an excuse to drink.

Atlanta Dan
01-23-2006, 02:48 PM
I was thinking of going there with the girlfriend for the super bowl. I've never been there and i'll be coming back to the burgh from 5 hours away. Is it worth going? I mean.. i actually want to see the game. If i'm packed into the wall and can't move like some dance club it's not worth going. I'm worried there will be too many people who just want to be part of the excitement and don't care about football and just want an excuse to drink.

For those of us not living in Pittsburgh, watching the Super Bowl at whatever party you attend will involve watching it with folks who in some cases do not care who wins, may be watching their only football game of the year, and will treat it like a ****tail party and attempt to make small talk about anything other than the game.

The trick is to figure out who those folks may be and avoid sitting next to them :)

cmdrfunk
01-23-2006, 03:11 PM
For those of us not living in Pittsburgh, watching the Super Bowl at whatever party you attend will involve watching it with folks who in some cases do not care who wins, may be watching their only football game of the year, and will treat it like a ****tail party and attempt to make small talk about anything other than the game.

The trick is to figure out who those folks may be and avoid sitting next to them :)

I don't care if they're there but if i have to stand up the entire time and not be able to move then they're a problem. I know no matter where i go there's gonna be people like that... just that i've never been to this place at all and have no idea what to expect. Do the people there care more about the game or more about the drinking? If the latter and there's a lot of them making it uncomfortable to even try to watch the game, then i'll just find somewhere else. Not a big deal, i'd just rather find out before i show up.

I guess my real question is... is it more of a sports atmosphere or a club atmosphere? It'd kinda suck to make a 5 hour trip for our first super bowl in forever and then have the experience be bad.

bozz723
01-23-2006, 09:39 PM
Ok,

Sunday night hightops was definately a club atmosphere, however a club atmosphere with huge tv's everywhere with steeler highlights all over them. Hightops is a sportsbar, but turns into a club after the game. It is sweet. It will be bsolutely jammed packed however, for the superbowl, everywhere will be.

You could goto Sports Rock or any bar in south side but Hightops is right by Heinz Field and downtown so I'd recommend going htere and gettting there EARLY.

Also Sports rock is extremely fun, but gets packed real real quick. Overall, if we win the superbowl, I would want to be at Hightops, but Sports Rock gets nuts too.

bozz723
01-23-2006, 09:40 PM
Sports Rock is in the strip district by the way right on the outskirts of downtown.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-23-2006, 10:14 PM
hightops is awesome, I love it there. FSN last nite showed a vid of it and the fans there were going crazy !!

cmdrfunk
01-24-2006, 08:28 AM
Ok,

Sunday night hightops was definately a club atmosphere, however a club atmosphere with huge tv's everywhere with steeler highlights all over them. Hightops is a sportsbar, but turns into a club after the game. It is sweet. It will be bsolutely jammed packed however, for the superbowl, everywhere will be.

It's perfectly fine if it's a club after the game. As long as i can watch the game and have somewhere to sit.

MikeDog77
01-24-2006, 10:16 AM
Went down to South Side after the game. It was insane. I just got the Holiday Inn Express on South Side for the nite of the super bowl. It should be awsome again.

Hey do you guys have any pictures or links to pictures of the celebration. I couldn't belive there wasn't more news camera's out.