PDA

View Full Version : Some Love from SI

Vincent
11-10-2009, 05:02 PM
Not that I give a @#$% what SI has to say about anything, but it is nice to see some recognition come our way...

King's mid season "all pro" team...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/peter_king/11/10/all-pro.team/index.html

LG Chris Kemoeatu Steelers - Feisty steamroller. Pittsburgh needs more like him.

Some of the rest of the picks are baffling.

Trotter's Top 10 predictions for the rest of the year...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/jim_trotter/11/10/predictions/index.html

6. The Steelers will not lose another regular-season game. The belief among personnel people is you had better beat the Steelers early in the season because they get stronger as the year progresses. Sure enough, the defending Super Bowl champions have won five in a row and look to be finding their rhythm. More eye-opening: The Bengals are the only team left on Pittsburgh's schedule with a winning record. Scary.

10. Pittsburgh will win the Super Bowl. The Steelers are only two field goals away from being undefeated, and no one is really talking about them. Coach Mike Tomlin has to love that. Anyway, I have Pittsburgh, Indy, New England and Denver as my division winners, with San Diego and Cincinnati as the wild cards. Pittsburgh beats San Diego in the conference final. In the NFC I have New Orleans, Arizona, Minnesota and Philadelphia as division winners, with Dallas and Atlanta as the wild cards. New Orleans beats Minnesota in the conference final. Pittsburgh defeats New Orleans 27-24 for its second consecutive Lombardi Trophy.

Sounds about right.

I hope that's about all the happy talk we see from the "media" because I'd prefer to see the lads with a chip on their shoulders. Not that a one of them gives a @#$% what is said about them either. :chuckle:

Fire Haley
11-10-2009, 05:04 PM
Bandwagon ho's

MasterOfPuppets
11-10-2009, 05:08 PM
sure would be nice, but i'm not that optomistic. i think they lose 2 more games..

i also think denver falls apart and sandiego wins the division...:noidea:

TX Steelerfan
11-10-2009, 05:19 PM
Pittsburgh defeats New Orleans 27-24 for its second consecutive Lombardi Trophy.
An all-Black-and-Gold Super Bowl?

The matchup is certainly intriguing.

Dino 6 Rings
11-10-2009, 05:25 PM
I think the stomping we gave the broncos last night has opened up some eyes around the league.

But the Colts Pats game will get most of the play, the winner of that one will get Tons of Love from the talking heads, and the Steelers will be the "3rd" team still even after we crush Cincy. Then we'll hear about how "cincy was over rated anyway" and what not.

Vincent
11-10-2009, 05:29 PM
But the Colts Pats game will get most of the play, the winner of that one will get Tons of Love from the talking heads, and the Steelers will be the "3rd" team still even after we crush Cincy. Then we'll hear about how "cincy was over rated anyway" and what not.

Wouldn't want it any other way.

Psyychoward86
11-10-2009, 05:33 PM
I dont care about that superbowl crap. But very happy to see that Chris Kemoeatu is getting some love. I'm absolutely in love with his pulling :tt:

Mags87
11-10-2009, 05:47 PM
hard to understand what he's saying with MN's (i'll do my own expletive deleted) down his throat.

AllD
11-10-2009, 07:36 PM
I think the stomping we gave the broncos last night has opened up some eyes around the league.

And we were only evening up against them at home.

HometownGal
11-10-2009, 08:30 PM
It sure is nice to hear that the Steelers are getting much deserved props, but there is a lot of football yet to be played and imho, it's way too early to annoint division winners much less a SB XLIV winner. :banging:

SteelDevilNC
11-10-2009, 08:47 PM
I really could not see us winning the rest of our regular season games. thats a lot to ask for.. the players just need to take it one game at a time

Texasteel
11-10-2009, 08:48 PM
It sure is nice to hear that the Steelers are getting much deserved props, but there is a lot of football yet to be played and imho, it's way too early to annoint division winners much less a SB XLIV winner. :banging:

Truer words have never been spoken. I do think that Denver and New Orleans may have peeked to early. I've seen that happen before.

steel striker
11-10-2009, 09:15 PM
I agree it is way too early to proclaim super bowl winners and, as we know anything can happen. Plus the bottom line is he gets hot at the end of the season to make that playoff run to the title. I really like are team because, we have a great football family that has there eyes on the prize.

sharkweek
11-10-2009, 11:24 PM
I've never seen a team be so brilliant yet go so very unnoticed.

Whats more is we just won the Superbowl an NFL record 6th time and the team is doing things that the franchise has never seen before what with Ben on pace to crush the franchise passing yards record and a 5th strait game of 27+ points...we've never trailed by double digits all season long either, and our two losses were otherwise wins blown by poor play on our own part in the last minutes of the game.

That being said, I wouldn't have it any other way.

madtowndrunkard
11-10-2009, 11:38 PM
I think the Vikings will beat the Saints in the playoffs. The Saints defense is a weakness.

The AFC road to the SB is going through Indy this year. Which means we'll have to beat NE, Cinci, and the Colts to get back to the SB.

I'm predicting a Viking vs Steelers SB.

VegasStlrFan
11-10-2009, 11:45 PM
I'd love to see them finish out with W's, but IMO the fate is in the hands of Ben & Troy's health. The play of the O & D revolves around them. If they stay healthy the rest of the league is in deep $hit.

Galax Steeler
11-11-2009, 04:53 AM
I can't help but to think we will split with the Ravens. I know we won three games against them last year but to beat the Ravens 5 games in a row will be hard to do.

Steelers & I
11-11-2009, 05:15 AM
I'll stick with original Super Bowl pick, Tampa Bay over Cleveland. :thumbsup:

Texasteel
11-11-2009, 05:39 AM
I'll stick with original Super Bowl pick, Tampa Bay over Cleveland. :thumbsup:

Your stubborn if nothing else. :drink:

solardave
11-11-2009, 05:52 AM

I agreee. This talk shouldn't start until about week 14 or so. There's to many games left.

GoSlash27
11-11-2009, 06:32 AM
I don't like to predict out that far. I always consider it a successful season so long as we make the playoffs. If we beat Cincy on Sunday, we'll control our own destiny.