PDA

View Full Version : The Steelers will beat the Prison Stripes, improve to 7-2, and take over 1st place if

Steelboy84
11-10-2009, 05:43 PM
So last night the Steelers were on point. Running game, passing attack, defense, special teams, play calling, everything came together well.

But the deciding factor seemed to be winning the turnover battle. Kyle Orton's miscues led to Steelers scores.

Pittsburgh comes in with a 5 game winning streak. Cincinnati comes in having won their last two.

The Bengals also come in with a "respectable" run game, but Pittsburgh possesses the number 1 rush defense in the league (as was put on display last night).

Cincy is 12th in total yrds on offense, 18th passing and 9th rushing. On defense, they are 25th against the pass, 5th in scoring defense, and 2nd against the run.

The Steelers are 5th in total yrds on offense, 5th in passing, and 15th rushing. They are 14th against the pass, 6th in scoring defense, and 1st against the run (of course).

This is the battle for first place in the AFC North. That being said, what may prove to be the deciding factor for a Steelers victory on Sunday?

:tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :tt03:

Merchant
11-10-2009, 05:49 PM
I can't see any way the Bungles come into Heinz field and win this game. They are going to get steam rolled this time around. The Steelers will be looking for vengeance after that loss in the first meeting. Just like the broncos did last week in baltimore, the bengals are gonna 'run into a buzz saw'

Steelboy84
11-10-2009, 05:58 PM
I can't see any way the Bungles come into Heinz field and win this game. They are going to get steam rolled this time around. The Steelers will be looking for vengeance after that loss in the first meeting. Just like the broncos did last week in baltimore, the bengals are gonna 'run into a buzz saw'

I think Palmer will find himself on his *ss all day long.

TackleMeBen
11-10-2009, 06:00 PM
i am hoping harrison and woodley show palmer what its like to be part of the steel curtain sandwich...lol

ben will have to play well, and not make mistakes(int in the red zone).

we will need our run defense to show up and stop benson.

Psyychoward86
11-10-2009, 06:00 PM
kill Palmer, and challenge Benson to run it down our throats. That's right, i said it

Steelboy84
11-10-2009, 06:03 PM
kill Palmer, and challenge Benson to run it down our throats. That's right, i said it

You mean like this?

http://seasonsofdiscontent.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/eb3a_121.jpg

I just found a new desktop wallpaper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:tt03: :tt03: :drink: :thumbsup:

steelreserve
11-10-2009, 06:03 PM
if we DON'T give up some kind of fumble/interception/special teams return for a touchdown for the 7th consecutive game.

Seriously, I don't understand how that keeps happening. But we've been dominating everyone in spite of it, including Cincinnati for 90% of the game. Man, we really should've won that one.

Christian Snyder
11-10-2009, 07:02 PM
I think the most important thing is to keep pressure on Palmer.... If we pressure him he's 3 times more likely to throw int's. imo

GO STEELERS!!!!!:tt02::tt04:

AllD
11-10-2009, 07:18 PM
Shut down their running game to make them one dimensional. Then the real Palmer will make a donation to our defense.

I think Coach T is going to come up with something motivational to make the team angry. Maybe a picture of 85 in the middle of the locker room?

If you think the Broncos ran into a buzzsaw, how many orange helmets is Ryan Clark going to dislodge to make up for a missed game? I smell blood. The game should be over in the first half.

Steelboy84
11-10-2009, 07:20 PM
I think the most important thing is to keep pressure on Palmer.... If we pressure him he's 3 times more likely to throw int's. imo

GO STEELERS!!!!!:tt02::tt04:

Yea, I think Palmer gives it up at least 3 times in this game. Either 3 picks, 3 fumbles, or a combination.

Kaeg
11-10-2009, 07:21 PM
1st off, I don't think this game is a gimme. :couch:
That being said, I not only think we could win, but I wouldn't be surprised if we absolutely destroy them. Especially at home and wanting some revenge. It's not a lock, but I think we're clicking now and we should be a hard team to beat for anyone.

stillers4me
11-10-2009, 07:22 PM

I'm cool with that.

Steelboy84
11-10-2009, 07:23 PM
1st off, I don't think this game is a gimme. :couch:
That being said, I not only think we could win, but I wouldn't be surprised if we absolutely destroy them. Especially at home and wanting some revenge. It's not a lock, but I think we're clicking now and we should be a hard team to beat for anyone.

When we play Steeler football, no one can beat us.

:thumbsup:

HometownGal
11-10-2009, 08:32 PM
If they stay in Cartoon's face and pressure him into mistakes, which he is prone to do when hearing footsteps around him. Also - NO turnovers and a nice balance of the run and pass as we saw in last night's game. :tt02:

Neil-Still-Rules-14
11-10-2009, 08:35 PM
ben will have to play well, and not make mistakes(int in the red zone)..
haha. I can deal with one of those every two years.

Edman
11-10-2009, 08:39 PM
1) Beat the ever loving crap out of Palmer.
2) CLOSE the game. That's the reason why we lost to them last time.

BuckeyeSteel
11-10-2009, 09:35 PM
Sad thing is they have some confidence since they won the first one. We have to come out and beat them down. We have to get them thinking nothing has changed & we still own them...

sharkweek
11-10-2009, 11:03 PM
I voted special teams play, although thats more along the lines of good coaching decisions. There were several instances in the first game we should have punted but didn't that would have been the difference in the game.

xvdougl
11-10-2009, 11:26 PM
1 Turnovers! Killed us last time we played the bungles!!! If we can just stay even on turnovers we should win by 2 scores. Rashard's looking great but he still needs to focus a bit more on ball security.

2 Special teams. We won that battle Monday! Denver's punting game seemed painfully familiar ;-)

3 Run the ball. We chrushed the life out of the Broncos last night after we got the lead. When we get a lead on the bungles we can put the nails in the coffin with clock draining drives like we saw in Denver.

SteelMember
11-11-2009, 09:11 AM
I vote get the lead and finish.

:tt04:

stlrtruck
11-11-2009, 09:40 AM
Get the lead and finish this time. We had the bungals last game and for whatever reason, we allowed them to take advantage of a few areas and they won the game. This time we can't give them hope, we have to dash all dreams, and give them double the beating we should have given them in week 3.

Sunday definitely can't get here fast enough.

scsteeler
11-11-2009, 10:38 AM
If the Steelers don't make the little mental error's or mistakes such as Int. By Jonathon Joseph or the fumbles then we win this.

Joseph is from my hometown and his Mom is a great person. I would like to shut the mouths about the INt he made on Big Ben.

revefsreleets
11-11-2009, 11:07 AM
A couple keys:

They are weak against the pass. Our passing offense is 5th in the league and really starting to come into it's own. I don't think they will be able to stop the Steelers passing attack unless they completely sell out against it, and, if they do that, we have an emerging run game and we'll gash them that way. Their defense is not nearly as solid as Denver's, so I look for us to score at least 31-34 points.

Defensively, they will probably score some points against us, but they won't be able to run and will be forced to be completely one-dimensional. If they can manage a few big plays, they'll score in the high 20's and make this a good game. If they don't, they'll score in the teens and maybe not even that...this could even be a blowout...

1st&Goal
11-11-2009, 11:40 AM
This is game is going to be a war in the classic tradition of the old AFC central. I believe the Steelers are the better team. Having said that, the Bengals are going to come into Heinz Field extremely jacked up. This is a huge opportunity for them to try and prove that they are the new power in the AFC north. I forsee more than 1 or 2 changes in momentum in this game. Because the Bengals will be playing at a high emotional level, the Steelers must not get sucked into this by making mental errors, and I mean especially that they cannot commit stupid penalties that either kill drives for them, or allow the Benagals to continue a drive.
If the Steelers play the game that they are capable of; dominating defense and effectively using all of their weapons on offense, with few mistakes, then they win this one by at least 10 points.
Steelers- 24 Bengals-13. :tt03:

Dino 6 Rings
11-11-2009, 12:20 PM
I say stop their running game first, making them one dimensional and being able to attack Palmer and throw him off his game as the game goes on.

SteelGhost
11-11-2009, 02:08 PM
I voted "other". I think Polamalu will get under Palmer's skin and pick a couple, and a sack would be great too.

On the other hand, Ryan Clark is waiting for Esteban OchoStinko "package" :chuckle:

Steelers 35 , Bungles 14 :tt02:

Steelboy84
11-11-2009, 02:09 PM
I voted "other". I think Polamalu will get under Palmer's skin and pick a couple, and a sack would be great too.

On the other hand, Ryan Clark is waiting for Esteban OchoStinko "package" :chuckle:

Steelers 35 , Bungles 14 :tt02:

Ryan Clark laying out Ocho Nono on Sunday would be an instant classic!!!!!!!!!

:applaudit: :tt03: :thumbsup: :drink: :tt: :tt02: :tt04: :chuckle:

SteelGhost
11-11-2009, 02:15 PM
:drink:

MongoSteeler
11-12-2009, 05:03 AM
A balanced attack with Holmes stepping up big. Also, I loved watching Mendenhall running those old time counter plays against Denver. They ran it 3 times and picked up 48 yards on it. Is the Bengal D disciplined enough not to get caught on the counter for a couple of long runs? I think not.

Galax Steeler
11-12-2009, 05:17 AM
I think it starts by getting pressure on Palmer if we can do that then we should be able to dictate the game.