PDA

View Full Version : Steve Nash vs. Steve Kerr (trading careers)

tony hipchest
11-11-2009, 04:47 PM
just saw this on PTI...

steve kerr said he would trade his career (5X champion) for that of steve nash (0 rings but HOF, MVP, superstar career).

i find this interesting because i always hear (what i think is a lame argument) that dan marino would trade all of his stats for a single superbowl ring.

i'm almost 100% positive that dan marino would NEVER trade his HOF career, nice job, and future earning potential for the piece of jewelry and lame espn gig that trent dilfer has.

steve kerr seems to confirm this (which i assume is probably a popular sentiment amongst pro atheletes).

thoughts?

revefsreleets
11-12-2009, 11:56 AM
In context, according to many here, Kerr would NOT want to trade his championships in...because, even if you're the greatest basketball player in the World (LeBron James), you actually suck if you don't ever win any rings.

AllD
11-12-2009, 04:33 PM
Dan Marino would never ever want to be Trent Dilfer.

xfl2001fan
11-16-2009, 01:53 PM
In a team sport, championships are NEVER won by one guy. You need to have all the right pieces at the right time. That's why I hate the "rings" stat when comparing two players. If we had to go by rings, Robert Horry was better than Michael Jordan.