PDA

View Full Version : Tyrone Carter named AFC Defensive Player of the Week

Steelboy84
11-11-2009, 07:48 PM
By The Tribune-Review Wednesday, November 11, 2009
Last updated: 1:14 pm

Tyrone Carter, who intercepted a pair of passes in the Steelers' 28-10 win over the Broncos last Monday, has been named AFC Defensive Player of the Week.

Carter started at free safety for Ryan Clark, who was held out of the game because of a medical condition, and he scored the Steelers' first touchdown on a 48-yard interception return.

In the last three starts at free safety dating back to last season, Carter has intercepted five passes and returned two of them for touchdowns.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_652691.html

:tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :tt03:

Nadroj 20
11-11-2009, 07:52 PM
Great win a guy can step in for a starter and win Defensive player of the week, awesome job Carter.

stillers4me
11-11-2009, 07:58 PM
Great win a guy can step in for a starter and win Defensive player of the week, awesome job Carter.

To quote our beloved Coach T, we don't have backups. We have starters in waiting.

Congrats, Tyrone! You deserve it! :tt03:

tube517
11-11-2009, 08:08 PM
After having to go through all the stuff going on in his personal life (wife, brother), it's good to see him get some recognition. Congratulations and well deserved.

HometownGal
11-11-2009, 08:13 PM
He suuuuuucks. Just ask a couple of the NFL head coaches in waiting 'round here. :coffee:

Congrats Tyrone! :applaudit::hatsoff: I never had a doubt that you could step up to the task! :thumbsup::tt03:

Nadroj 20
11-11-2009, 08:22 PM
To quote our beloved Coach T, we don't have backups. We have starters in waiting.

Congrats, Tyrone! You deserve it! :tt03:

Yes if someone goes down we have another very capable guy waiting to step in

solardave
11-12-2009, 04:53 AM

I not only like him as a player,he's a great guy too. I read about what happened to his wife and how they are dealing with it. It's a tough situation and he's handling it like a real man. I admire him.:hatsoff: He deserves all the accolades he gets.

Galax Steeler
11-12-2009, 05:18 AM
Great job Tyrone, you played a great game and deserved the honor.

Texasteel
11-12-2009, 05:27 AM
Great to see Tyrone get the acknowledgment. At the last Carter fan club meeting we discused his play at FS. Both of us agreed he did a great job.

We will probably try to get rid of him again next year and probably fail, I think Tyrone will retire a Steeler.

Steely McSmash
11-12-2009, 01:01 PM
I have to say that I disagree...They should give the defensive award to Orton instead.:rofl:

Carter was pusuing the receiver as Orton was throwing on one of those interceptions and intercepted a floating duck.

I'm glad he caught the balls and represented well. That being said, I don't see his play as particularly exceptional. He was at the right place at the right time and caught the ball.

He seems to do better at FS than SS, which should allegedly be his strong suit. I'll still be calling for a safety or two in the draft. Carter is a 10 year vet and I believe an UFA this offseason.

HometownGal
11-12-2009, 01:08 PM
http://www.ventriloquistcentral.com/ventriloquism-tribute/ventriloquist-figure-makers/curtis.jpg

steeltheone
11-12-2009, 01:20 PM
Great job Tyrone!

steelreserve
11-12-2009, 01:28 PM
He seems to do better at FS than SS....

That much I agree with. Filling in for Troy, we had ... issues. But at FS, he kicks ass. Last year when he filled in for Clark, we didn't miss a beat either. I think we know what his perfect role is.

steelerchad
11-12-2009, 02:07 PM
I don't know. I do agree that 2 INT's could earn a weekly award like this. But does this mean Carter can step in at anytime and perform without missing a beat. I don't think so.
I've seen too many examples of mistakes that have cost us. I was at the Jags playoff game against Jacksonville, when he whiffed on Garrard on that 4th and 2 play at the end of the game. Yea he already had the 2 yards, but if Carter makes that tackle at the 30 yard line they have to kick a 40 something yard field goal to win it instead of a chip shot.

he also was a little shaky against the Bears and Bengals this year. I guess that's why he's a backup. I like him fine as that, ( a backup) but I wouldn't want to have to rely on him every game.

Psyychoward86
11-12-2009, 05:52 PM
Props to Tyrone! No one was more proud of you than your very own Ryan Clark. Good job :tt02:

Fire Haley
11-12-2009, 07:57 PM
We are not worthy - Lord Tyrone is the man.

KeiselPower99
11-12-2009, 09:31 PM
So no one wants to cut him this week? He is a better FS anyway. Wonder if the way he plays might make Ryan Clark expendable.

Steely McSmash
11-13-2009, 12:17 AM
http://www.ventriloquistcentral.com/ventriloquism-tribute/ventriloquist-figure-makers/curtis.jpg

Sweet personal attack. Is that Mortimer Snerd?

markymarc
11-13-2009, 04:14 PM
He seems to do better at FS than SS, which should allegedly be his strong suit.

I definitely agree with that statement. And kudos to Tyrone Carter for winning this award!