PDA

View Full Version : shannon sharpe on travelling steelerfans

tony hipchest
01-23-2006, 11:12 AM
"you had to see it to believe it". he said atleast 15,000 steelerfans were at the game. he played there alot of years and NEVER seen the oppositions crowd in such numbers. he said hes never seen that anywhere and by far steeler fans represent better than any other team.

SteelerDan43
01-23-2006, 11:54 AM
Ya I heard him say the same thing on The Opening Drive this morning on my way back up to school...

VegasStlrFan
01-23-2006, 12:09 PM
I'm not sure Denver was ready for the Black and Gold to hit town. We had a ton of Steeler Fans. The ESPN Zone looked like a Steeler Bar all weekend and the parking lot was full of rowdy B&G. I think they were a little stunned from the moment they hit the parking lot through the end of the game.

clevestinks
01-23-2006, 02:26 PM
I read we had 8,000, tix were going for $1000 a piece. Where are all the rich Steelers fans? LOL

JustaFan
01-23-2006, 02:33 PM
I read we had 8,000, tix were going for $1000 a piece. Where are all the rich Steelers fans? LOL
The rest of them must have just beat up bronco fans to take their tickets. :boxing:

Sharkissle29
01-23-2006, 03:14 PM
didnt seem like their were that many there...but i guess they were in the upper deck

CanadianSteeler
01-23-2006, 03:20 PM
Congrats Marino and Esiason for your picks on Sunday! Shannon Sharpe doesn't have a clue what he's talking about when analyzing. Great player in his day - but sorry, Shannon - Jake fooled you too...

The Steel Curtain 2K6 is for real!!!

melroseplace
01-23-2006, 03:38 PM
by far steeler fans represent better than any other team

damn right! :) :tt:

Suitanim
01-23-2006, 03:41 PM
For anyone who taped/Tivo'd/DVR'd the game, go back and watch the postgame...there are several shots of all the Steelers fans crowding down toward the field after the game...it did look like there were 15-20,000 fans there.

JustaFan
01-23-2006, 03:49 PM
For anyone who taped.Tivo'd/DVR'd the game, go back and watch the postgame...there are several shots of all the Steelers fans crowding down toward the field after the game...it did look like there were 15-20,000 fans there.
I saw that but I wouldn't even try to guess as to a number of people. There did seem to be allot though.

steveironcity
01-23-2006, 03:58 PM
Alot of these people have a connection to pittsburgh. The population in this area is always declining, and where od these people go? Thats why Steelers fans are everywhere

Suitanim
01-23-2006, 04:00 PM
I saw that but I wouldn't even try to guess as to a number of people. There did seem to be allot though.

Last night when I was SEVERELY drunk from celebrating I was seeing quadruple of everything, and thought there were about 100,000 Steelers fans...today when I re-watched it, there seemed to be about 15-20...

SteelerFanInCA
01-23-2006, 04:22 PM
Shannon Sharpe, what a clown. Does this guy ever get tired of eating crow? I heard he contracted the avian bird flu from all the crow he has been eating.

melroseplace
01-23-2006, 04:26 PM
Shannon Sharpe, what a clown. Does this guy ever get tired of eating crow? I heard he contracted the avian bird flu from all the crow he has been eating.

:sofunny: yeeah he and his comments get real old real fast..

SteelerzGirl
01-23-2006, 06:23 PM
Last night when I was SEVERELY drunk from celebrating I was seeing quadruple of everything, and thought there were about 100,000 Steelers fans...today when I re-watched it, there seemed to be about 15-20...

Bob Pompeani on UPN Pittsburgh's post-game show last night said there were approximately 30,000 Steelers fans at the game.

VegasStlrFan
01-23-2006, 07:09 PM
Bob Pompeani on UPN Pittsburgh's post-game show last night said there were approximately 30,000 Steelers fans at the game.

I was at the game and 30k would be pushing it, that would have been almost half of the stadium (76k). Around 15k sounds about right.

24seven
01-23-2006, 07:45 PM
I went to the game 2 years ago and I'm still shocked at how many Steeler fans there were then.. Would have been nice to represent Sunday but this Steeler fan is umongst the po end of the food chain when it comes to $1000 tickets..

luvmysteelers
01-24-2006, 09:52 AM
Do you ever wonder WHY this continues to surprise people week after week? You'd think they'd learn eventually.

CanadianSteeler
01-24-2006, 11:04 AM
Hey CBS: Bring back 'Prime Time'! He's looking for work and Shannon Sharpe is out of his element...

DJMD
01-24-2006, 12:56 PM
I find it amazing how players that become broadcasters or show host are morons. It's hard to imagine that they ever played football.

Phil Simms is the biggest moron of all. I can't believe that guy ever play this game. He doesn't know anything about it. Same with Joe Theisman, he's a moron.

NovocainE
01-24-2006, 11:49 PM
I live in Arizona, and was able to go to the Cardinals / Steelers blood bath a few years ago. And honestly the stadium was 60% or better Steeler Fans!!! What a great expirience for a me to finally see my beloved Steelers live!!! And the Steeler Fans where great to hang and party with. The only other teams that came close to drawing crowds as large as the Steelers for a Cardinals game where Dallas, and Denver. But they didnt compare to us Steeler Fans.

rowedf
01-24-2006, 11:56 PM
It's without a doubt, a fact, that the steelers are THE BEST traveling team in the NFL. It is impossible to argue the fact. Very very very proud to be a home grown steeler fan!

shevdog
01-24-2006, 11:58 PM
Broncos couldn't hinder the influx of Steelers fans like the Bengles and Colts seem to do fairly well.

It makes me wonder if I'm going to get away tickets for the Ratbirds game in Baltimore next season. I'm thinking of going to that game. That would be a brutally exciting game to go to.

Anyhow... we're going to flood Detriot with black and gold!

CASTEEL
01-25-2006, 12:17 AM
I am so stoked to see that our boys will be in SD again next season. I was at the Monday game this season, and it was freakin' awesome! A ton of Steelers fans there....... and I can't see it being any different this comeing season.

Only game my wife and I are questioning going to is the Oakland game..... But shit, I only get to see my boys when they come to the west coast!

shutdown
01-25-2006, 02:02 AM
I am definatly looking foward to flooding Qualcom stadium in San Diego again next year.

Thank god we're coming back.

CASTEEL
01-25-2006, 02:52 AM
I am definatly looking foward to flooding Qualcom stadium in San Diego again next year.

Thank god we're coming back.

Is that a pic of you in your sig???

dibdeb2
01-25-2006, 09:29 AM
Congrats Marino and Esiason for your picks on Sunday! Shannon Sharpe doesn't have a clue what he's talking about when analyzing. Great player in his day - but sorry, Shannon - Jake fooled you too...

The Steel Curtain 2K6 is for real!!!

Yes- Shannon is clueless- when you can understand what he is saying!!
Thank goodness- Marino and Boomer have good diction-

Steelers fans are the best!!!

too bad they were robbed of Trophy celebration :confused:

but that will make the one in Detroit even sweeter!!!!!

GOOO!!! STEELERS!!!!