PDA

View Full Version : Timmons back at practice

mesaSteeler
11-12-2009, 06:02 AM
NFL from the sidelines

After hobnobbing around the NFL in the press boxes and sidelines, sports reporter Dale Lolley will let you know the insider scoop.
http://nflfromthesidelines.blogspot.com/

Timmons back at practice
Linebacker Lawrence Timmons was back at practice Wednesday and looked good moving around on his sprained ankle.

All signs point to Timmons returning to play after sitting out the Steelers' victory over Denver.

Travis Kirschke and Carey Davis sat out.

Chad Ochocinco wrote on his Twitter page that he was going to send the Steelers defensive backs mustard in the mail this week because, "they weren't going to be able to ketchup" on Sunday.

It's really not that big of a deal for the Steelers, who seem to like Ochocinco's playful little digs.

Ochocinco is just 5-12 in 17 career games against the Steelers, so I guess they get the last laugh.

Cincinnati head coach Marvin Lewis, though, apparently nixed Ochocinco's plans and told him not to send the package.
Posted by Dale Lolley at 10:28 PM 1 comments Links to this post

1st&Goal
11-12-2009, 06:31 AM
Chad Ochocinco wrote on his Twitter page that he was going to send the Steelers defensive backs mustard in the mail this week because, "they weren't going to be able to ketchup" on Sunday.

You have to admit this is funny.

SCSTILLER
11-12-2009, 06:34 AM
Ochocinco is just 5-12 in 17 career games against the Steelers, so I guess they get the last laugh.

Enough said right there!

Glad to see Timmon's is back. Fox played a heck of a game for us in place of Timmon's I thought. It is nice to know that if a player goes down we have capable backups.

steelballs
11-12-2009, 07:31 AM
I consider Ocho to be harmless.

The guy likes having fun, but we'll see how much fun he has this weekend.
The Steelers have a beat down coming for the Bengals and Chad will be a constant recepient.

CanadianSteel
11-12-2009, 09:07 AM
Hopefully a nice roattaion between Timmons and Fox as a Fox has played well.

Keep them fresh in the D and lay the beatdown on Bengirls....

atlsteelers
11-12-2009, 11:03 AM
is timmons ever healthy? heck he was never healthy when he played at FSU. Too bad the jets traded up and took revis, our defense would be sick with him playing corner.

Rotorhead
11-12-2009, 11:23 AM
Yes, and we know who our next ILB will be now I think, Fox is stepping up for sure

Edman
11-12-2009, 12:10 PM
I disliked Chad in '03-'06. It seems he just did these gimmicks just to be a jackass.

Now it seems he's just doing this to be fun.

Steelers>NFL
11-12-2009, 12:28 PM
I disliked Chad in '03-'06. It seems he just did these gimmicks just to be a jackass.

Now it seems he's just doing this to be fun.
Exactly what I thought.

Sharkissle29
11-12-2009, 12:39 PM
i think we have a starter in Fox once Farrior decides to hang it up (which doesnt seem to be in the near future since he keeps getting better with age, somehow?)

Fire Haley
11-12-2009, 01:36 PM
I'd rather see Fox start against Benson if Timmons is still playing on gimpy ankles.

Nadroj 20
11-12-2009, 01:39 PM
I'd rather see Fox start against Benson if Timmons is still playing on gimpy ankles.

Yea i know what you mean but if timmons plays i think fox will still get time as well, just because he might not be full go

Steelboy84
11-12-2009, 03:18 PM
This is good news.

NJarhead
11-12-2009, 03:25 PM

He's definitely better against the run. With Timmons being hurt I wouldn't be surprised if they limit him to passing downs (which is a strong point of his anyway).

I'm with you on Fox against Benson.

AllD
11-12-2009, 03:44 PM
i think we have a starter in Fox once Farrior decides to hang it up (which doesnt seem to be in the near future since he keeps getting better with age, somehow?)

Fox is already a starter in waiting. He came though against the Vikings big time. Give him more playing time and something to play for like Carter and the Steelers will dominate.

markymarc
11-13-2009, 02:10 PM
While it's great to hear about Timmons being back to practice, I would rather see him sit another week to get his ankle closer to 100%. When he injured his left ankle earlier this year IMO he came back too soon and he wasn't as explosive.

That's why it's very nice to have solid depth at each position. Keyaron has been doing a nice job filling in for Timmons when needed.