PDA

View Full Version : Two O-linemen on Mid-Season All-Pro Team!!

Merchant
11-12-2009, 11:22 AM
http://www.nfltouchdown.com/midseason-power-rankings-and-all-pro-team/

Chris Kemoeatu and Willie Colon made it.. what a difference a year can make!

Don't know if any of you know about Andy Benoit but he's my most respected sports-writer. Guy always seems to know what he's talking about so when I saw this list I was very proud of our O-line for taking all that criticism last year and the beginning of this year and performing at the level that they're doing now.:tt03:

Steelers>NFL
11-12-2009, 11:35 AM
WOW. Never saw this coming...

Steely McSmash
11-12-2009, 12:41 PM
That's really our of the blue, particularly for Kemo.

He's had some great games and is pulling well this year but he's also had lapses. I don't think he's in the conversation even.

I could see that you can make an argument that Colon is good based on protection and our ability to run right.

Merchant
11-12-2009, 12:41 PM
LOL yeah me neither.. honestly speaking after that first Titans game i was screaming at my T.V. 'CUT THEM! CUT THEM ALL!!" haha.. I am very happy to be eating my own words

scsteeler
11-12-2009, 12:54 PM
I am so Glad the O-line is getting some credit now. I guess the Coaches "cough" 'cough" do know what they are doing even though they took a lot of criticism about this offensive line and the direction it was going in.

revefsreleets
11-12-2009, 01:03 PM
I think Colon definitely deserves to make the Pro Bowl...I mean he SHOULD be voted in by the fans, the players and the coaches...not just on this list.

steelreserve
11-12-2009, 05:02 PM
Kemo really seems to have gotten his shit together this year. Last season everyone was talking about how agility and awareness were two of his biggest problems, and this year he looks great at both.

Colon, I'm starting to think has always been this good, but Stapleton may have been such a complete dipshit that he was dragging down the players on both sides of him.

MasterOfPuppets
11-12-2009, 06:17 PM
colon's biggest improvement this year is he's stopped getting those false start penalties ....:thumbsup: getting stapleton off the line has really made a huge difference.

BlastFurnace
11-12-2009, 06:25 PM
The problem will be re-signing Willie now. I never thought I would say this before this season, but he is a keeper.

Steelboy84
11-12-2009, 06:38 PM
Max Starks should get some love too. His improvement from last year has been huge.

vasteeler
11-12-2009, 07:42 PM
alright who are you people and what have you done with the steelersfever web sight

Mags87
11-12-2009, 08:17 PM
out of all of the games that ive watched this year, Kemo has been getting a lot of love from the announcers. i think its because everyone loves seeing him pull and pave the way for our RB's. i know i sure as hell do :tt02:

tony hipchest
11-12-2009, 08:21 PM
i heard a real good interview with colon today on sirius. i am still suprised for a supposed brawler from the mean streets of the bronx, who has a nasty streak, he sounds very intelligent and is very well (and soft) spoken.

he said kemo was one of the most talented guards in the league.

he talked very highly of mendenhall, and how much he matured and did the little things after he was benched by tomlin.

and what i thought was most important was the things he said about ben. he was asked how ben admitted being a poor leader in his e-60 interview. when ben 1st got there he was very guarded, and really didnt trust many.

(personally i think this had alot to do with him just being the "kid quarterback" under cowher).

once ben opened up more and grabbed the leadership role by the reigns, colon explained that the offensive line took him into their "herd", and made him one of them.

other than max starks, they all are single guys who dont have wives and families, and theres alot they can relate to eachother about, off the field.

i am reminded of the redskins America's Game with theisman as the commentator, speaking of the "Hogs", and how he wanted to be included in that and go to their little clubhouse meetings and was told "no, youre just a quarterback".

for being the "most horrible starting line to win a SB" i am proud of these guys and feel they deserve a bit of recognition for grinding through the tough times and coming out, bigger, better, meaner, stronger.

hell, they even had kemo on for an interview a few weeks ago, and i swear it was the 1st time i ever heard the man speak. :chuckle:

NEPAsteeler
11-12-2009, 08:39 PM
Who woulda thunk it?

Amazing what a year can do.

KeiselPower99
11-12-2009, 09:28 PM
And so many of us threw a fit when we resigned Kemo. I thought a year started would only make him better and damn was I right.

Merchant
11-12-2009, 11:47 PM
I wanna hear Kemo speak, what does he sound like? I remember when I first heard Troy speak it was completely different from what I expected LOL.. he's so soft spoken and shy almost

sharkweek
11-13-2009, 05:57 AM
it makes sense - an OL comprised of mediocre players that has tons of experience together can become more effective as a whole, greater than the sum of its parts.

The best part is that we've made the playoffs and then won a Superbowl even with the OL's growing pains. Now that they're starting to come into their own...just imagine the possibilities :tt02: