PDA

View Full Version : Trophy Presentation

VegasStlrFan
01-23-2006, 12:00 PM
Is it standard procedure for the Championship Trophy to be presented in the locker room if the visiting team wins? We just got back from Denver and had a great time. The only disappointment of the weekend was not seeing the trophy presentation. A few thousand Steeler fans refused to leave the stadium waiting to see the Trophy, some players, or a curtain call from Bettis. After watching Seattle's celebration at the field I would think they would've had something. O'well the important thing is they won.

bmathews
01-23-2006, 12:04 PM
IIRC The Pats got a trophy presentation on heinz field last year.

Rumors about that Denver claimed a Safety issue for not presenting it.

JustaFan
01-23-2006, 12:11 PM
Not a 100% positive but I think the AFC always does this in the locker room while the NFC does theirs on the field. I fell asleep before the NFC game was over, who presented the trophy to the Seahawks? I think Bradshaw has done it in years past. It would have been totally cool to have the trophy presented to Mr. Rooney by Dan Marino. Or maybe they should have made Boomer Esiason or Sharron Sharpe present it while on one knee, lol.

Atlanta Dan
01-23-2006, 12:19 PM
I recall the Steelers had to endure having at least one presentation to the Pats at Heinz Field (do not recall how the Broncos and Chargers got their trophies at Three Rivers).

I applaud the NFL for taking the presentation into the locker room. My view is a public presentation is for the benefit of the home crowd, which is disappointed enough without having their noses rubbed in the defeat by having to watch the visitors celebrate on the home team's field.

bmovierat
01-23-2006, 12:47 PM
I fell asleep before the NFC game was over, who presented the trophy to the Seahawks? I think Bradshaw has done it in years past. It would have been totally cool to have the trophy presented to Mr. Rooney by Dan Marino. Or maybe they should have made Boomer Esiason or Sharron Sharpe present it while on one knee, lol.

Bradshaw did do it and at one point, Hasselback was talking to him and said something to the effect of, "and now we're going to Detroit." Bradshaw responded, "to face my Pittsburgh Steelers." Apparently, No. 12 doesn't even try to hide his bias.

JustaFan
01-23-2006, 12:52 PM
Bradshaw did do it and at one point, Hasselback was talking to him and said something to the effect of, "and now we're going to Detroit." Bradshaw responded, "to face my Pittsburgh Steelers." Apparently, No. 12 doesn't even try to hide his bias.
In the pregame, Bradshaw said that the Steelers would beat either one of the teams form the NFC.

BB2W
01-23-2006, 01:18 PM
I guess this is all we get...

http://www.post-gazette.com/images3/20060123wap_afc_trophyPJ_450.jpg

pitt
01-23-2006, 01:24 PM

lol Terry doesn't have to hide his bias. How could he not be a Steeler fan???

clevestinks
01-23-2006, 02:31 PM
Thats a bummer, not being able to see it! That sucks. But hey we have it that s the most important thing

VegasStlrFan
01-23-2006, 02:59 PM
I understand not having the presentation (sort of) but a curtain call by the Bus would have been great. It was an awesome site seeing all the Black & Gold cheering for someone to come back out of the locker room. You would have never guessed you were at Invesco Field.

melroseplace
01-23-2006, 03:40 PM
does anyone know where to find pics of the guys holding the trophy in the locker room? they showed them passing it around on the local news station, it was pretty cool

Ambridge
01-23-2006, 03:54 PM
I recall the Steelers had to endure having at least one presentation to the Pats at Heinz Field (do not recall how the Broncos and Chargers got their trophies at Three Rivers).

I believe both presentations for the Pats Conference Championship Trophy were on Heinz Field and not in the locker room.
So why should the Steeler fans have to be the Shmucks and have to watch another team celebrate on their home field?
PC shouldn't be brought into Trophy presenting.
The game is won on the field and the winning team deserves to receive the AFCC Trophy on the field as well.

airmax44
01-23-2006, 07:08 PM
I agree 100%, that's just classless Denver not letting us ge the trophy on the field, espically after seeing Bill Bilacheck in his ghetto ass sweatshirt getting the trophy twice @ Heinz Field !

dibdeb2
01-24-2006, 07:21 AM
:tt: sry-did not see this until now-but I agree- it was totally classless of Denver
and if it was "safety issues" what does that say of their fans????

Of course, we have the classiest fan base in the world!!!

On to Detroit!!!! GOOOOO!!! STEELERS!!!!!

:tt: :tt: :tt:

SteelerFanInATL
01-24-2006, 08:29 AM
Personally it didn't matter to me where it was presented, field or locker room. Point is we have the trophy.

Justin Otstott
01-24-2006, 10:53 AM
^yea but come on now! We won, so why should it matter if it was on the field. Thats wack man...

CanadianSteeler
01-24-2006, 11:09 AM
I agree - but also agree with earlier post about Belichik...either the visiting team accepts the Lamar Hunt Trophy (should be the same with the NFC) on the field or off in a private celebration - just be consistent. Just don't let the Patriots strut around Heinz Field like they did last year, then make our guys accept it in the locker room. What does that say about Denver?