PDA

View Full Version : Captain Morgan

Indo
11-12-2009, 02:29 PM
Has anyone else heard about this?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=cr-celekpose111209&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

devilsdancefloor
11-12-2009, 03:15 PM
Had not heard of it, but i am not shocked some smart ad guy got at least 1 in on the commish. I guess he is upset over the fact they pick a iggles TE and not ben watson or randy moss or anyone else on *

RoethlisBURGHer
11-12-2009, 04:17 PM
Love the stuff!

Psyychoward86
11-12-2009, 04:40 PM
i lol'd at it. Just another win for the NoFunLeague

Dino 6 Rings
11-12-2009, 04:45 PM
I saw him do it in the game and figured it would be a "problem" since it was a known "slogan" for Captain Morgan to have a guy stand like that.

Pretty effing funny though when I saw it.

stlrtruck
11-13-2009, 07:46 AM
Get a little Captain in ya!

I love it. The NFL is policing a bit too much. They should be more worried about a work stoppage and huge repercussions of a stop. So what he did a pose, really is the NFL trying to be that serious that they're policing this in an attempt to take focus off the other crap the commissioner isn't doing?

revefsreleets
11-13-2009, 09:01 AM
I'm guessing the company is getting a LOT more pub from this now that it's news all over the internet than they would have had this been handled quietly...so, by just being themselves and all super douchey and Tom Brady-like about this, the NFL unwittingly played right into "the Captains" hands...

HughC
11-15-2009, 06:23 PM
I'm guessing that companies like Gatorade that pay a lot of money to be the official-whatever of the NFL, as well as companies like Budweiser and Coors that pay a ton of money for television commercials were not at all pleased that Captain Morgan was getting (practically) free advertising. While I disagree with the concept of flags for "excessive" celebration, I can understand from a business standpoint why the NFL needed to put a quick end to this.