PDA

View Full Version : How many yards do you see the Steelers running game gaining on Sunday?

Steelboy84
11-12-2009, 03:46 PM
:tt04: :tt02: :tt: :tt03:

Christian Snyder
11-12-2009, 04:28 PM
I'm thinking 75-100.

:tt04::tt02:

HometownGal
11-12-2009, 04:44 PM
I'm gonna say 100-125 yards, as I think Arians will want to open up can of whoop ass via the passing game a lot against the Bungles, but want the balanced attack with a solid run game.

Psyychoward86
11-12-2009, 04:45 PM
100-125. We may have the best run d in the league, and the bengals may have the 2nd best run d in the league, but ours is for real, and theirs is not. people havent been running on them much because of their porous pass defense. While Leon Hall and Jonathan Joseph are getting turnovers, theyre allowing boatloads of yardage, last time i checked the bengals are 25th in pass yards allowed. Big Ben will be SALIVATING over this pass defense, and before you know it, the run is already opened up a bunch and Mendy will run like a free spirit through the line of scrimmage.

devilsdancefloor
11-12-2009, 04:52 PM
125+ :tt04::tt04::tt04::tt04::tt04:

Steelboy84
11-12-2009, 05:08 PM
I'm gonna say 100-125 yards, as I think Arians will want to open up can of whoop ass via the passing game a lot against the Bungles, but want the balanced attack with a solid run game.

Yea I think the Prison Stripes' fraudulent defense will get shredded Sunday.

Kaeg
11-12-2009, 05:18 PM
I put 125+. If the question was Mendy alone, I may have dropped it, but it seemed like the question was aiming for the total as a team, and I think we can do that.

RoethlisBURGHer
11-12-2009, 05:19 PM
125+ Mendenhall is going to make mincemeat of them in the ground while Big Ben shreds them through the air.

Steelboy84
11-12-2009, 05:37 PM
125+ Mendenhall is going to make mincemeat of them in the ground while Big Ben shreds them through the air.

:applaudit: :thumbsup: :drink:

RoethlisBURGHer
11-12-2009, 05:41 PM
:applaudit: :thumbsup: :drink:

:drink::tt03::helmet:

HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!

SteelC7
11-12-2009, 06:03 PM
the bungles always give up alot of rushing yds to us, ill say over 125 yds

#1LambertFan
11-12-2009, 06:20 PM
There's a lot on the line this game. Steelers will be brutal. I would put my last dollar on us opening up with the pass and running over their tired asses with the running game in the second half.

Nadroj 20
11-12-2009, 06:26 PM
I put 100-125 but i could also see them breaking 125 as well. Mendenhall will have a good game, the oline will show up again and give mendy room to run and he should have a nice game

Texasteel
11-12-2009, 06:52 PM
I was thinking someplace in the 150 range. I think Ciny will pay a lot of attention to Ben, and our line is run blocking much better.

Christian Snyder
11-12-2009, 07:20 PM
Now that I think about it... I should've voted 100-125 yds.:noidea:

stlrtruck
11-13-2009, 07:59 AM
Continue with Kemoteau on the pull and there's nothing that can stop Mendenhall from running wild, well except the bungals secondary.

revefsreleets
11-13-2009, 09:48 AM
150+...we usually run well against the Bengals, and no reason to think that will stop this game...

Steelboy84
11-13-2009, 11:22 AM
150+...we usually run well against the Bengals, and no reason to think that will stop this game...

Mendy has been hot. I agree, we'll run all over that pitiful defense.

markymarc
11-13-2009, 03:40 PM
Well considering that FWP put up 95 yards on the Bungles in the first game, I will go with 100-125 with Mendenhall as our feature back. I also expect close to 300 yards passing from Ben.

Psyychoward86
11-13-2009, 04:23 PM
Well considering that FWP put up 95 yards on the Bungles in the first game, I will go with 100-125 with Mendenhall as our feature back. I also expect close to 300 yards passing from Ben.

This is what i was thinking. Mendy has been far more efficient than Parker, and if he can put 95 on the Bengals, i cant wait to see what Mendy does

Dino 6 Rings
11-13-2009, 04:26 PM
I imagine Mendy has 130+ going into the 4th and FWP and Moore combine for another 80 or so in the 4th, so I'm looking at over 200 yards rushing on these fools.

Of coarse I'm a blind homer so...

Steelboy84
11-13-2009, 04:26 PM
Someone on NFL.com said that Mendy should skip the game because Cincy has the number 2 run defense.

We're number ONE against the run, I think Benson should call in sick!!!!!!!!!!!

Psyychoward86
11-13-2009, 04:29 PM
Someone on NFL.com said that Mendy should skip the game because Cincy has the number 2 run defense.

We're number ONE against the run, I think Benson should call in sick!!!!!!!!!!!

lawl, a FAKE #2 run defense is what it is. People have been passing on their 25th pass defense is why their run defense actually looks decent

Steelboy84
11-13-2009, 04:30 PM
lawl, a FAKE #2 run defense is what it is. People have been passing on their 25th pass defense is why their run defense actually looks decent

:applaudit: :applaudit: :tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :drink: :drink:

I've been telling people here all week. THEY ARE FRAUDULENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sharkweek
11-13-2009, 06:37 PM

To be fair, Parker was gashing the Bengals in the first half when they weren't using him enough. In the second half we tried to sit on our lead and got predictable with our runs, allowing the Bengals to stack the box and shut him down.

That being said, I think Mendy is a better back and I think our OL has also gotten better. Combine that with home-field and I think Mendy can give us another Chargers or Broncos game type performance

O Sensei
11-13-2009, 07:01 PM
This comes down to one thing, confidance, what we are seeing right now is a young man on the verge, getting more and more confidant with each opportunity. The biggest difference IMO between FWP and Mendenhall is vision, not how well he reads an eyechart, but how well he picks up blocks, follows them, sees the running lane develop, etc. Hate to pile on, but as many have already stated, if the steelers can develop some success passing early, slowly mixing in runs, thus keeping the bungles off balance, it could be a very big day for Mr. Mendenhall. I voted 100-125 by the way, but if things go well passing the ball, 150-200 is realistic in my humble opinion. Does he remind anyone else of a quicker terrell davis? I was trying to peg him that way but he's so vastly different than anyone we've had here it's hard, that spin move does make me nervous i have to admit.

stb_steeler
11-13-2009, 08:08 PM
If the OL can open up the lanes like they did in Donkeys game i see no problem with Mendy running about the same yardage as the Monday nighter, but i think Ben will want to air it out if he see's the opportunity. I say stick it to their ass off the bat and give em a big dose of Mendy to finish the game out.

:tt02: :tt: :tt03: :thumbsup:

DudleyDawson
11-14-2009, 12:08 AM
Bengal fan here ....

I realize that this is a Steeler forum, but you guys are the biggest homers. You guys seem like the kind of fans who automatically vote for every Steeler player for Pro Bowl and then fill in the "other" guys. Like this poll, I know some of you read the choices and thought to yourself ... "It only goes to 125??? I was thinking about 400+. Bungles suck ... Steelers Rule!!!" I came here to see some honest assessment from our opponent, and at first, I thought this might be a parody site with some of the over the top responses.

Like a thread that was Ben or Carson? And every response was Ben. Most responses were wondering if the question was a joke. <Typical response> Are you kidding??? Not only is he better that Carson (which is a joke to even consider), he is the greatest of all time. <Counterpoint> What about Peyton Manning? <response> Who?? Man Ben makes Manning look like a retarded elementary school girl who has to wear braces to walk and slobbers on herself! Ben is the greatest of all time!!!!!

And this thread where everyone seems to think Steers going for 150 because of the pitiful, pathetic, horrendous Bengals defense. I was going to throw some stats at you, but I don't think it would matter. The fact of the matter is, you are going up against a team that you lost to. The Bengals are playing very well right now and are seeming to get into a groove offensively. But our defense has been key to our success. We have played the run extremely well, and our secondary is starting to get some recognition, with some referring to the corners as "the best duo in football right now." So as for all this "Bungles defense is pitiful" it has no basis in reality. The game is much more enjoyable when you learn to apply logic over heart when assessing your team. That being said, I believe your running game will struggle. Ben is very good and will complete passes. It will be a tough game on both sides, but you guys will lose .... AGAIN!

Bengals get down early but rally to win 67-2!!!! Who Dey!!!

Galax Steeler
11-14-2009, 03:30 AM
Bengal fan here ....

I realize that this is a Steeler forum, but you guys are the biggest homers. You guys seem like the kind of fans who automatically vote for every Steeler player for Pro Bowl and then fill in the "other" guys. Like this poll, I know some of you read the choices and thought to yourself ... "It only goes to 125??? I was thinking about 400+. Bungles suck ... Steelers Rule!!!" I came here to see some honest assessment from our opponent, and at first, I thought this might be a parody site with some of the over the top responses.

Like a thread that was Ben or Carson? And every response was Ben. Most responses were wondering if the question was a joke. <Typical response> Are you kidding??? Not only is he better that Carson (which is a joke to even consider), he is the greatest of all time. <Counterpoint> What about Peyton Manning? <response> Who?? Man Ben makes Manning look like a retarded elementary school girl who has to wear braces to walk and slobbers on herself! Ben is the greatest of all time!!!!!

And this thread where everyone seems to think Steers going for 150 because of the pitiful, pathetic, horrendous Bengals defense. I was going to throw some stats at you, but I don't think it would matter. The fact of the matter is, you are going up against a team that you lost to. The Bengals are playing very well right now and are seeming to get into a groove offensively. But our defense has been key to our success. We have played the run extremely well, and our secondary is starting to get some recognition, with some referring to the corners as "the best duo in football right now." So as for all this "Bungles defense is pitiful" it has no basis in reality. The game is much more enjoyable when you learn to apply logic over heart when assessing your team. That being said, I believe your running game will struggle. Ben is very good and will complete passes. It will be a tough game on both sides, but you guys will lose .... AGAIN!

Why did you waste your time a writing this garbage.:coffee:

steelwalls
11-14-2009, 06:05 AM
Looks like we mostly agree on 100+ if we can do this IMO this is our game for sure.

steelwalls
11-14-2009, 06:07 AM
Bengal fan here ....

That was ike trying to read a stereo manual in German.......Dude come with something we can acctually respond too.....thats jibberish.... :noidea:

HometownGal
11-14-2009, 06:30 AM
Bengal fan here ....

I realize that this is a Steeler forum

Really? I hadn't noticed. :doh: :rolleyes: :jerkit:

Like a thread that was Ben or Carson? And every response was Ben.

When Cartoon has had as much success in a 5 year period as Ben, then come back to talk some intelligent football. Who knows - you may have reached your 16th birthday by then. :banging:

The fact of the matter is, you are going up against a team that you lost to.

CORRECTION. The Steelers are going up against a team that they gave the game to in the 4th quarter because they didn't FINISH the game off. That issue has been corrected - or have you been so blinded by your bandwagon Bungle homerism that you haven't taken notice of a Steelers game since we last met?

And you have the audacity to accuse US here on a Pittsburgh Steelers BB of being homers? :blah::blah::blah:

Christian Snyder
11-14-2009, 09:57 AM
Bengals get down early but rally to win 67-2!!!! Who Dey!!! WE DEY!:tt04::tt::tt02:

WHODEY85
11-14-2009, 10:36 AM
That was ike trying to read a stereo manual in German.......Dude come with something we can acctually respond too.....thats jibberish.... :noidea:

Good comeback!

WHODEY85
11-14-2009, 10:38 AM
Really? I hadn't noticed. :doh: :rolleyes: :jerkit:

When Cartoon has had as much success in a 5 year period as Ben, then come back to talk some intelligent football. Who knows - you may have reached your 16th birthday by then. :banging:

CORRECTION. The Steelers are going up against a team that they gave the game to in the 4th quarter because they didn't FINISH the game off. That issue has been corrected - or have you been so blinded by your bandwagon Bungle homerism that you haven't taken notice of a Steelers game since we last met?

And you have the audacity to accuse US here on a Pittsburgh Steelers BB of being homers? :blah::blah::blah:

How the h*** did you give the game to us?????? Because we took a game winnning drive doesnt mean you gave it to us. It means your defense cracked under pressure and we won. Learn something about football and stop thinking youre perfect steelers cant do anything wrong. Ill be ready to hear all the excuses MOnday after the beloved stoolers lose.......

Steelboy84
11-14-2009, 10:40 AM
Bengal fan here ....

I don't remember anyone asking you to come here. Why don't you go to your own little pitiful forum.

Steelboy84
11-14-2009, 10:41 AM
How the h*** did you give the game to us?????? Because we took a game winnning drive doesnt mean you gave it to us. It means your defense cracked under pressure and we won. Learn something about football and stop thinking youre perfect steelers cant do anything wrong. Ill be ready to hear all the excuses MOnday after the beloved stoolers lose.......

:troll:

fansince'76
11-14-2009, 11:29 AM
I realize that this is a Steeler forum, but you guys are the biggest homers. You guys seem like the kind of fans who automatically vote for every Steeler player for Pro Bowl and then fill in the "other" guys.

As opposed to a bunch of largely functionally illiterate bandwagon-hopping asshats who crawl out from under their rocks every 5-10 years when the Bengals don't get off to a 1-7 start for a change? :coffee:

steveironcity
11-14-2009, 01:04 PM

Christian Snyder
11-14-2009, 08:45 PM
I can't wait to see all the excuses you post on the Bengals forum after you lose tomorrow.

BTW, WE DEY!

DudleyDawson
11-14-2009, 08:58 PM
Nice responses. And they in no way prove the "biggest homers" accusation. You're such homers that you can't even realize and admit that you lost the first match up. Because you didn't lose, you just let the Bengals score more points. The Bengals had nothing to do with it. If the Steelers lose, it's because of something they did not because they got beat. It was Bengals 23 Steelers 20. The team with the most points at the end of the game beats the other team. 23 is greater than 20. Therefore, the Bengals beat the Steelers.

By the way, it's not "jibberish" ... it's "English."

This: "As opposed to a bunch of largely functionally illiterate bandwagon-hopping asshats who crawl out from under their rocks every 5-10 years when the Bengals don't get off to a 1-7 start for a change?" .. is jibberish.

SWEEP!!!!!!!

stillers4me
11-14-2009, 09:03 PM
I can't wait to see all the excuses you post on the Bengals forum after you lose tomorrow.

BTW, WE DEY!

See poll results.

fansince'76
11-14-2009, 09:04 PM
Nice responses. And they in no way prove the "biggest homers" accusation. You're such homers that you can't even realize and admit that you lost the first match up. Because you didn't lose, you just let the Bengals score more points. The Bengals had nothing to do with it. If the Steelers lose, it's because of something they did not because they got beat. It was Bengals 23 Steelers 20. The team with the most points at the end of the game beats the other team. 23 is greater than 20. Therefore, the Bengals beat the Steelers.

By the way, it's not "jibberish" ... it's "English."

This: "As opposed to a bunch of largely functionally illiterate bandwagon-hopping asshats who crawl out from under their rocks every 5-10 years when the Bengals don't get off to a 1-7 start for a change?" .. is jibberish.

SWEEP!!!!!!!

Goodbye, assclown.

stillers4me
11-14-2009, 09:06 PM
Boys and girls..it's time to..........

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/sueincinci/whackatroll.jpg

Christian Snyder
11-14-2009, 10:01 PM
Boys and girls..it's time to..........

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/sueincinci/whackatroll.jpg
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

revefsreleets
11-16-2009, 01:06 PM
Well, I was off here a bit....BUT, we averaged 4.4 yards a rush, and managed 80 yards even though we only ran the ball a measly 18 times.

Had we executed a little better in the passing game (Ben smelled like hot garbage yesterday), we'd have probably had a lead for more of the game and had the luxury to run the ball a little more...say maybe 35 times.

35 X 4.4 = 154

BUT when your QB has trouble delivering the ball into the same zipcode as his WR's, and your #2 drops a TD pass right in his hands, you'll have troubles like these.