PDA

View Full Version : Some interesting steelers numbers

St33lersguy
11-12-2009, 06:52 PM
Just some trivial statistics you guys might find interesting

48: 4th quarter points given up by the steelers in the 1st 4 games

14: 4th quarter points given up since.

4: Quarters passed from 2nd half of Vikings game to 1st half of Broncos that the steelers or their opponents did not score a TD

44: Points scored in feild goals, defensive, and special teams TD

6: streak of games in which the steelers have given up a non offensive TD

5-1: Their record in those games

89-23: combined score of which the steelers have won their past 3 monday night games on week 9

3-12: combined record of their opponents (07 ravens and 08 redskins) after those games.

1st&Goal
11-12-2009, 08:01 PM
I got a call today from a friend who is not a Steeler fan but he has a tremendous amount of respect for the team. He says he'd like to refer to the Steelers as "Dr. Shoals" When I asked him what he meant by that he says its because they're "Gellin". I think some of these stats show this fact clearly.

markymarc
11-13-2009, 03:23 PM
Those are some nice stats and thanks for posting them. Hopefully those numbers continue to improve the rest of this season :tt02:

SteelGhost
11-13-2009, 04:20 PM
Just some trivial statistics you guys might find interesting

48: 4th quarter points given up by the steelers in the 1st 4 games

14: 4th quarter points given up since.

4: Quarters passed from 2nd half of Vikings game to 1st half of Broncos that the steelers or their opponents did not score a TD

44: Points scored in feild goals, defensive, and special teams TD

6: streak of games in which the steelers have given up a non offensive TD

5-1: Their record in those games

89-23: combined score of which the steelers have won their past 3 monday night games on week 9

3-12: combined record of their opponents (07 ravens and 08 redskins) after those games.

These two are not trivial at all :chuckle: They reflect defense improvement nicely, thanks for posting St33lersguy :thumbsup: