PDA

View Full Version : O.K. we`ve heard the best memory not the worst

clevestinks
03-15-2005, 03:29 PM
For me it was the afc championship game against the chargers, I just new we were going to the bowl. I wouldv`e of bet my wife on it.
and of course whenever we lose to the brownies really sucks, because i live east of cleveburgh, lucky for me it only happens 1 out of every 10 games

BlitzburghRockCity
03-15-2005, 03:43 PM
Oh man the worst. The championship against the chargers, yes definately.. also this last AFC champ. game. I really felt we had the tools in place to make it 1 last game and get to the big dance. but enuff of that.

The year the clowns smacked us 51-0 was pretty disgusting too. Thank goodness that was a long time ago.

HinesWard4Life8682
03-15-2005, 04:06 PM
yeah i was really crushed against the pats this year. We had the best team in the NFL. The number 1 ranked Defense, The best run game (falcons dont count cuz vick is pretty much a running back), and the most determination. Everytime we would make a play something else would blow it... like stupid mistakes. For example, that 3rd and about 24. We were gonna get the ball back to bring it within six. But, aaron smith was called for a holding call and it kept the drive going. Man was I pissed when they lost.

clevestinks
03-15-2005, 04:42 PM
Yes the 51-0 loss to the brownies sucked, But the bittersweet part was we beat them 35-6 later in the year, and we made the playoffs they didn`t

BlitzburghRockCity
03-15-2005, 05:23 PM
There u go ! sweet revenge. That loss to the bungals, when kitna lit us up for 400+ yds passing wasnt quite what he had in mind either. and incidentally, if u remember correctly, that was the game that the bellichek used to devise a plan to tear us apart in that opening game debacle at home against the past several years ago. Which was then followd up by the faiders doing the same thing, the next week to us.

BB2W
03-15-2005, 06:16 PM
INT #2 against the Cowboys superbowl XXX.......I hate Corey Holliday he was supposed to run a slant on the hot route because of the blitz........he ran the fly pattern the rest is history.

JerseySTEEL
03-15-2005, 11:40 PM
worst game ever '76 Pittsburgh @ Oakland (28-31):

The game that prompted Raider DB George Atkinson's slander lawsuit against Chuck Noll! This is a great recording and one of my personal favorites (in spite of the final score), featuring tons of absolutely brutal hits at the very peak the most vicious rivalry in NFL history! Of course, there are plenty of cheap shots by the Raiders, including Atkinson's infamous blow to Lynn Swann's head (prompting Noll to dub Atkinson part of the "criminal element" in the league, setting off the lawsuit). But Mel Blount inflicts some damage of his own to Raider WR Cliff Branch, picking him up and driving him head first into the ground. Blount is outstanding, as is John Stallworth. Unfortunately, the Steelers (who lead 28-14 at one point in the 4th quarter) somehow snatch defeat from the jaws of victory in the final moments of the game. Excellent quality, but missing a few minutes of action early in the 3rd quarter, as well as the last couple of minutes of the game. The nice part about this is, the tape ends with the Steelers still clinging to the lead, so it kinda seems like we won! i got a couple of old tapes forma ferinds dad that live sin NY hes againts fan but his dads a steeler fan form 70's so hehe i got his old stash.

ironcitychef
03-16-2005, 02:07 AM
12/8/2002

Houston - 47 total yards, 37 rush yards, 33 pass yards

Pittsburgh - 128 rush yards, 325 pass yards, 39 min plus T.O.P.

Final Score HOU 24 PIT 6

How did it happen?

BlitzburghRockCity
03-16-2005, 10:27 AM
INT #2 against the Cowboys superbowl XXX.......I hate Corey Holliday he was supposed to run a slant on the hot route because of the blitz........he ran the fly pattern the rest is history.

That game still haunts me as does the image of jerry jones swapping cash w/ other members of the FO in his press box after the game. :boxing:

clevestinks
03-16-2005, 02:07 PM
You guys are good. Great memories of some bad games

HinesWard4Life8682
03-16-2005, 09:36 PM
12/8/2002

Houston - 47 total yards, 37 rush yards, 33 pass yards

Pittsburgh - 128 rush yards, 325 pass yards, 39 min plus T.O.P.

Final Score HOU 24 PIT 6

How did it happen?

wowwwwwwww that game still haunts me... its pretty retarted
it was probably the turnover battle... you win the turnover battle, you win the game
just take the AFC championship game against the pats this year as an example

JerseySTEEL
03-19-2005, 04:43 PM
lol god dam we got soem long memoires hehe

BlitzburghRockCity
03-19-2005, 05:22 PM
wowwwwwwww that game still haunts me... its pretty retarted
it was probably the turnover battle... you win the turnover battle, you win the game
just take the AFC championship game against the pats this year as an example

OMG !! bad karma..bad karma.. bad memories!!! UGH!!!! :o

JerseySTEEL
03-19-2005, 05:27 PM
lol JinX jinX JinX

clevestinks
03-24-2005, 04:44 PM
Here is a bad one!
Are you ready?
How about the game against the ratbirds, when Eric Green, and Bam Morris scored tds.
Then taunted Cowher from the field, for getting rid of the two drug addicts. Memo to Green and Bam, You were busted for drugs twice each, thats why we got rid of you. We sent you to Baltimores ratbirds penitentary. :D