PDA

View Full Version : View From The Press Box - Farrior ready to make amends

mesaSteeler
11-12-2009, 09:22 PM
View From The Press Box
http://blog.triblive.com/view-from-the-press-box/2009/11/12/farrior-ready-to-make-amends/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+triblive%2Fblog%2FViewFromThe PressBox+%28View+from+the+Press+Box+Blog%29

Farrior ready to make amends
November 12th, 2009

A smile tugged on the corners of his mouth and he raised the decibel level a notch as he spoke.

James Farrior appeared to be as ready for the question of whether Sunday serves up a must-win game for the Steelers as he is for Carson Palmer, Cedric Benson and Co.

“Every week is a must win,” Farrior said. “Every week is the biggest game. This one is no different.”

With all due respect to the Steelers’ ageless inside linebacker the upcoming game at Heinz Field is a little different for him.

The Bengals are in position to sweep the Steelers for the first time since 1998 -- and take what essentially would be a two-game lead in the AFC North -- in part because Farrior got caught out of position near the end of the teams’ first meeting in late September.

On a fourth-and-10 from the Steelers’ 15-yard line with 36 seconds left in the game, Brian Leonard got a step on Farrior in the flat.

Palmer went through his progression of reads before finally dumping the ball off to Cincinnati's third-down back. Leonard eluded the pursuing Farrior and picked up 11 yards.

Two plays later Palmer threw a 4-yard touchdown pass to Andre Caldwell, which provided the decisive points in the Bengals’ 23-20 win over the Steelers.

“Definitely had a bad taste left in my mouth the last time (the Steelers played in Cincinnati) and I was very disappointed with the outcome,” Farrior said. “I definitely affected the direct outcome of the game, and I couldn’t make the play so I’ll definitely be ready this time.”

It would be a gross exaggeration to say that play has haunted Farrior, especially since he and the Steelers have been on the upswing since the Sept. 27 game in Cincinnati.

The Steelers have won five in a row following the loss to Cincinnati and Farrior, 34, is again playing at a Pro Bowl level.

Yet when asked about his play, Farrior said he isn’t satisfied with it.

“Still out there searching for the perfect game like everyone else is in the NFL,” said Farrior, who leads the Steelers in tackles (63) and quarterback hurries (five). “That’s what keeps me going.”

So does the memory of what happened in Cincinnati at the end of September. Even if Sunday is (wink, wink) just another game.

MasterOfPuppets
11-12-2009, 09:45 PM
“Definitely had a bad taste left in my mouth the last time (the Steelers played in Cincinnati) and I was very disappointed with the outcome,” Farrior said. “I definitely affected the direct outcome of the game, and I couldn’t make the play so I’ll definitely be ready this time.” awwww don't sweat it james...we got sweed to pin the entire blame on....:thumbsup:

Galax Steeler
11-13-2009, 03:35 AM
awwww don't sweat it james...we got sweed to pin the entire blame on....:thumbsup:

You are correct I forgot about that.:chuckle:

HometownGal
11-13-2009, 07:31 AM
Forget about that play, James - it's in the past. Go out there on Sunday and play as ferociously as you always do and the rest will take care of itself. :thumbsup::tt03:

stlrtruck
11-13-2009, 08:05 AM
No, no, on...this is like Rocky III. When Apollo Creed tells Rocky to listen to the Clubber Lang talk his smack. Hold on to it Farrior, let it ferment a few days and on Sunday let it all explode with an attack that will haunt not only Carson Palmer, Benson, and Ocho, but coaches and fans for the remainder of their lives!

Let it out James, let it go on Sunday afternoon, in the form of pure controlled aggression and destruction of bungals!!!!

steelballs
11-13-2009, 08:27 AM
Farrior has been playing fantastic this season. Just keep doing what you're doing and if that one play is still eating at ya....good.... take it out on them this weekend.

markymarc
11-13-2009, 03:23 PM
It's great to see Farrior step up and take responsibility for making a bad play in the first Bungles game. We all know James Farrior will be ready to deliver a knock out punch on Sunday :tt02:

memphissteelergirl
11-13-2009, 04:08 PM
No, no, on...this is like Rocky III. When Apollo Creed tells Rocky to listen to the Clubber Lang talk his smack. Hold on to it Farrior, let it ferment a few days and on Sunday let it all explode with an attack that will haunt not only Carson Palmer, Benson, and Ocho, but coaches and fans for the remainder of their lives!

Let it out James, let it go on Sunday afternoon, in the form of pure controlled aggression and destruction of bungals!!!!

LOL...nice analogy! :thumbsup:

Dino 6 Rings
11-13-2009, 04:22 PM
I'm pretty freaking fired up about this game. Its about time the Bengals stepped up again to give us a little competition. Now we can stomp a mudhole in their face this Sunday and not feel guilty about "picking on the slow kid".

markymarc
11-14-2009, 03:07 PM
Now we can stomp a mudhole in their face this Sunday and not feel guilty about "picking on the slow kid".

Great statement :tt02:

stillers4me
11-14-2009, 03:25 PM
Hey, if James Farrior feels the need to redeem himself for any reason, by all means, let the man have at it. :chuckle: