PDA

View Full Version : I think it's safe to say the Bears game...

Edman
11-12-2009, 11:01 PM
Was our annual "throwaway" game of the year. In 2007 it was the Jets. In 2008 it was the Colts, in 2009 it's the Bears.

Currently down 10-6 to the Niners. Cutler with three picks.

As we expected, the Bears are crap. How did we lose to them again?

Shea
11-12-2009, 11:08 PM
I've only been able to watch from the beginning of the third peroid because of the Pens game.

And Cutler actually has 4 INTS, his second game this season with having accomplished that feat.

I don't know how we lost to these guys either. They look absolutely awful.

But that's the NFL for you, you never know what's going to happen in any given game.

BlastFurnace
11-12-2009, 11:08 PM
Jay Cutler has never impressed me..ever. IMO, he's the most overrated QB in the entire league.

Shea
11-12-2009, 11:12 PM
Jay Cutler has never impressed me..ever. IMO, he's the most overrated QB in the entire league.

At the beginning of the season did you picture Kyle Orton having more success then him though? I didn't. Strange how things play out.

sharkweek
11-12-2009, 11:18 PM
We lost to them because Reed missed two FGs. We lost to them because our D gave up yards/points in the closing minutes that was to become a brief trend. We lost to them because our offense was a bit rusty and turned the ball over when we probably would have had points. We lost to them because Cutler couldn't afford to have back to back games like he had in his opener and actually stepped up his own play.

Any given Sunday. We'd demolish them in Chicago with a do-over.

Hawkeye
11-12-2009, 11:53 PM
my buddy a big bears fan was talking shiit about the terrible towel couple of weeks ago and I tried to warn him but he insisted that there was no such thing as a jinx...

LOL!

sharkweek
11-13-2009, 05:59 AM
yeah, my sister's fiance gave me a hard time when the Bears beat the Steelers, but now he's eating crow and she's even gotten him to root for the Steelers and take her to Steelers bars:tt03:

HometownGal
11-13-2009, 07:40 AM
Cutler finished with 5 picks and I played him in one of my FF leagues. :banging:

markymarc
11-13-2009, 04:21 PM
I still can't believe we lost to the Bears.

Nadroj 20
11-13-2009, 04:45 PM
Cutler finished with 5 picks and I played him in one of my FF leagues. :banging:

Ouch im sure that hurt, lol

SteelerEmpire
11-13-2009, 05:40 PM
When their QB threw for 4 or 5 picks against the Packers I knew there was a hole in their ship to big to plug....

Psyychoward86
11-13-2009, 05:45 PM
And before the beginning of the regular season, i believe it was Jamie Dukes crowning Lord Cutler as one of the Top 5 QB's in the league :coffee:

MasterOfPuppets
11-13-2009, 05:54 PM
now the question is, is the clock ticking on lovie ? just a few years ago he was one of the hottest young coaches in the league....now after chicago has steadily taking steps backwards, his job has got to be becoming in jeapordy. i think he might get one more year to right the ship with a new offensive coordinator.

Dino 6 Rings
11-13-2009, 05:57 PM
Was our annual "throwaway" game of the year. In 2007 it was the Jets. In 2008 it was the Colts, in 2009 it's the Bears.

In 2007 we lost to the Cardinals (8-8 team) Denver (7-9 team) and the Jets (4-12)

That year we were clearly not in the right mind and lost to 3 teams we should have beaten easily that season. By the time we got to the Playoffs we weren't playing great focussed football.

The 2008 season, all our losses were to Playoff Teams. Those weren't throwaway loses, they were just tough games we were on bad side of the outcome.

This year, 1 loss to a non-playoff team, Chicago who was supposed to have found the missing piece in Cutler, yet now it appears QB wasn't the reason they were losing since their defense is suspect, their WR corp is mediocre and their Coach is back on the hot seat. And we have 1 loss to a "we'll see if they are for real" Cincy team.

Now if we win this game, against Cincy and Crap the Bed against the Chiefs, I'll point to the 2007 season and begin to worry about over looking and lack of focus losing to a team we are clearly better than.

iloveben7
11-13-2009, 09:13 PM
Reed did miss 2 field goals in that game

Steelerfreak58
11-13-2009, 10:24 PM
2 missed field goals and a dropped pass in the end zone is how we lost to the Bears. Shlit happens what the team does from this point forward is what matters.