PDA

View Full Version : Bungles' Fan Suspended From School

SteelStang
11-13-2009, 07:09 AM
They've been running the video story on CNN-Headline News too. Priceless.

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/dayton-news/student-suspended-over-who-dey-haircut-397088.html?showComments=true&postingId=399930

HometownGal
11-13-2009, 07:36 AM
I think this is a little over the top, but the school had a COC long before this kid decided to wear this doo. If this had happened in Pittsburgh or any other city outside of Ohio, I could possibly see the big deal, but it was in an Ohio school. Sorry Mom and Dad - you're going to be SOL on this one.

but confirmed the suspension was for violating the school’s code of conduct, which prohibits “unnaturally colored hair, extreme/distracting makeup, haircuts and hairstyles.”

revefsreleets
11-13-2009, 08:58 AM
I'm gonna take a wild guess that, if the Bengals were not 6-2, this kid ain't sportin' that awful 'do...nor would he have that jersey. Hell, a few weeks ago he probably didn't even know Cinci HAD an NFL team.

RoethlisBURGHer
11-13-2009, 10:47 AM
Bengals fans go to school? Who would have known!

Indo
11-13-2009, 11:39 AM
Ahhhh c'mon people
The kid's in 8th grade
He's just showing some spirit for his team (he can't help it that he was born in Shitssinatti...)
Give him a break...he probably didn't even know what the school code says, or even that there was a code...

we'd all be cheering him on if he was from the Burgh and had hypocycloids on his head

RoethlisBURGHer
11-13-2009, 12:01 PM
Ahhhh c'mon people
The kid's in 8th grade
He's just showing some spirit for his team (he can't help it that he was born in Shitssinatti...)
Give him a break...he probably didn't even know what the school code says, or even that there was a code...

we'd all be cheering him on if he was from the Burgh and had hypocycloids on his head

I think that the school went overboard with the punishment.

Two after school detentions for not following the dress code and told not to do it again once his hair grew out would have been enough. Then if he were to do it again, a suspension would be understandable.

But still, I am shocked that Bengal fans go to school. I seriously have never met an educated one. :toofunny:

SteelMember
11-13-2009, 12:13 PM
Suspendable offense:

The haircut...no.

but this.

http://www.photobasement.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/a-true-bengal-fan.jpg

ABSOLUTELY!

:puke:

revefsreleets
11-13-2009, 12:18 PM
That's Bengal Brian, isn't it?

steelwalls
11-13-2009, 05:01 PM
Blame the parents its just a kid....

"Loooky here honey, loooky what I can put in ourn sons head, aint tat a sharp un!!!!"

Steelboy84
11-13-2009, 05:10 PM
Suspendable offense:

The haircut...no.

but this.

ABSOLUTELY!

:puke:

:love: :chuckle:

stillers4me
11-13-2009, 05:16 PM
I'm gonna take a wild guess that, if the Bengals were not 6-2, this kid ain't sportin' that awful 'do...nor would he have that jersey. Hell, a few weeks ago he probably didn't even know Cinci HAD an NFL team.

Totally agree! But , really, it doesn't look that bad, what's the big deal?

SMR
11-15-2009, 07:44 AM
I honestly think the suspension is wrong. The school went overboard with that IMO.

solardave
11-15-2009, 07:53 AM
Ahhhh c'mon people
The kid's in 8th grade

You are right. He has the right to celebrate his loosing team now winning enough to masquerade as a real team. I support him for cheering for the Bungles.:wink02:

SteelersMongol
11-15-2009, 08:08 AM
Bengals fans go to school? Who would have known!

Maybe it's just some kid who lost a bet. :chuckle:

theplatypus
11-15-2009, 08:18 AM
I'm guessing that an "in-school suspension" is nothing more than a detention that lasts the duration of the school day. Both he and his parents are fully aware of the COC and should have known better.

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-15-2009, 08:23 AM
I think this is a little over the top, but the school had a COC long before this kid decided to wear this doo. If this had happened in Pittsburgh or any other city outside of Ohio, I could possibly see the big deal, but it was in an Ohio school. Sorry Mom and Dad - you're going to be SOL on this one.

I dont know....I think I have to take the other side of this issue. Usually these rules are in place to prevent immature "look at me" adolescents from taking away from the academic enviroment. Its hard enough for little Johney to concentrate on mathmatical algorithm's...without being distracted by the kid next to you who is attempting to draw attention to himself. If the school had a standing Code of Conduct...well...then he is in violation.

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-15-2009, 08:25 AM
That's Bengal Brian, isn't it?

Brian made it to 8th grade!!!!!????:noidea:

Besides, doesnt he wear that tiger bodysuit that we put into his sig?

stillers4me
11-15-2009, 08:25 AM
I dont know....I think I have to take the other side of this issue. Usually these rules are in place to prevent immature "look at me" adolescents from taking away from the academic enviroment. Its hard enough for little Johney to concentrate on mathmatical algorithm's...without being distracted by the kid next to you who is attempting to draw attention to himself. If the school had a standing Code of Conduct...well...then he is in violation.

What to you expect with role models like Chad Assholio?

4xSBChamps
11-15-2009, 08:57 AM

"..... that's a man, baby.....

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/movies/AustinPowers.jpg

YEAH!!!!!"

GoSlash27
11-15-2009, 09:19 AM
This is a silly reason for a suspension. Too much bureaucracy in the public school systems. I could see if it was a private school, but otherwise there is nothing wrong with an 8th grader showing support for the home team.
I feel bad for the kid. Being a Bengals fan is punishment enough.

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-15-2009, 09:25 AM
What to you expect with role models like Chad Assholio?

LOL!!!! You need to say that in your best Beavis and Butthead voice..."Chad Asshollio"