PDA

View Full Version : Joey "Peezy" Porter

Steelers>NFL
11-13-2009, 10:17 AM
Antony notice how he is stinking up the joint and not "backing up" his big mouth this season.

In 8 games: 12 tackles. (yes - twelve!) 2 sacks.

Night and day from last season.

KeiselPower99
11-13-2009, 01:09 PM
The Dolphins aint been everything they were last year either.

Dino 6 Rings
11-13-2009, 01:41 PM
I watched Joey everytime I watched the Dolphins Patriots game when he was on the field and really, I wasn't impressed. Tom had plenty of time on the plays he needed to make and Joey was no where near him.

Anyone still questioning us releasing him when we did?

fansince'76
11-13-2009, 01:55 PM
So, the Dolphins got one good year (bearing in mind that he didn't do all that much for them in '07 either) for a $32 million, 5-year investment ($20 million guaranteed). Not to mention a $7.6 million cap hit for this year alone. Pretty steep for a guy that isn't producing, by and large.

MasterOfPuppets
11-13-2009, 02:55 PM
both he and jason taylor will most likely get the boot this year.....

Christian Snyder
11-13-2009, 07:52 PM
Antony notice how he is stinking up the joint and not "backing up" his big mouth this season.

In 8 games: 12 tackles. (yes - twelve!) 2 sacks.

Night and day from last season.
WOW... Only 12 tackles and 2 sacks!? :jawdrop:

KeiselPower99
11-13-2009, 11:49 PM
That other CFLer is doing good for them aint he? I think his name is Wake?

AllD
11-14-2009, 07:34 AM
Porter was the AFC sack leader in 2008 with 17.5 compared to Harrison's 16 when he won DPOY. They were both eclipsed by Demarcus Ware who had 20.

Porter earned his money last season and like 2007 when they had no chance at the playoffs (1-15), he is cruising to next season to avoid injury.

He still hates the Pats, but doesn't have enough talent around him to back it up. No QB, WRs, DL, or CBs. And they were on everybody's radar this season. We will still have a problem in Miami in the last game. Hopefully we only need BB in for a couple of series and give Sweed an opportunity to redeem himself.

steel striker
11-14-2009, 06:57 PM
It still was a good move for the steelers to release Joey because, look what a great player Harrison is. Do I need to mention last years sb pick and run that turned that game around?

MasterOfPuppets
11-14-2009, 07:07 PM
looks like porter might have talked himself into a bench spot...:noidea:

Dolphins Porter out vs. Bucs in coach's decision

MIAMI (AP) - Joey Porter won't be making any tackles this week, either.

Less than 24 hours before kickoff, the Miami Dolphins' outspoken linebacker was ruled out of Sunday's game against Tampa Bay because of a coach's decision. The Dolphins didn't give any information about the reason for the move Saturday by coach Tony Sparano.
Porter made no tackles in last week's loss to the Patriots after calling them cheaters and saying he hated them. New England quarterback Tom Brady said his team was inspired by Porter's comments.

Porter has been slowed most of the season by a sore right hamstring. The four-time Pro Bowl player sat out practice Wednesday and Thursday but participated in full drills Friday.

Porter has only 2 1/2 sacks this season, compared with an AFC-high 17 1/2 last year. The usually talkative linebacker declined to talk to local reporters this week, but following Friday's practice, Sparano praised Porter's attitude.

"I see no frustration," Sparano said. "What I do see is a guy that's played in enough football games to know, 'There are some things I need to do better out there.' There are a lot of things that people say about Joey that are not always favorable, but one of the good things about Joey is the guy's a pretty good pro. He takes it personally. The guy cares."

Porter missed a game Oct. 4 against Buffalo because of his injury. The Dolphins will likely start Charlie Anderson or Matt Roth in his place against the Buccaneers.

In an unrelated move, the Dolphins signed tight end Kory Sperry from the practice squad.

SteelerFanInStl
11-14-2009, 11:20 PM
Joey only had 47 tackles last year to go with those 17.5 sacks. He's a sack artist, nothing more. That's what he's always been. James Harrison is a much better LBer than Joey ever was.

SteelersMongol
11-15-2009, 02:46 AM
...He still hates the Pats, but doesn't have enough talent around him to back it up. No QB, WRs, DL, or CBs...

There Joye is trying 2 motivate the Phins but they' just didn't get it. :banging:

looks like porter might have talked himself into a bench spot...:noidea:

I think they were worried that Peezy might kill Winslow. :chuckle:

BlastFurnace
11-16-2009, 01:49 PM
Joey only had 47 tackles last year to go with those 17.5 sacks. He's a sack artist, nothing more. That's what he's always been. James Harrison is a much better LBer than Joey ever was.

Truer words were never spoken.