PDA

View Full Version : Long-time Steelers fan in KY

OldSchoolSteelersFan
11-13-2009, 09:20 AM
Hey all, I have been a die-hard fan since the late-70s, through the lean times of the 80s, and into the resurgence of the 90s and present-day. I'm thrilled to see the team return to greatness in this decade, and conjure up memories of Lambert, Ham, Greene, Bradshaw, and Swann with their current team. This group of guys is so team-oriented and unlike the prima-donnas of other teams, which is why they win. I worked in the northern KY area for nearly 7 years and had to hear the moaning and whining of the Bengals fans when they were trying to rise from the &hit pile they are still in. I attended just about every Steelers game in Cincy in that time, and I always found it so amusing how they tried to start some kind of tradition to jump-start them; i.e. their orange crying towels. They would talk so much smack before the game, then would be running to their cars by the end of the 3rd Quarter. Pathetic. I finally made it to the Promised Land last year to watch the Thursday night game against, ironically, the Bungals, and I will never forget that atmosphere....snow, bitter cold, and a bunch of pitiful excuses for professional players in orange and black trying to earn their checks against the best there is. Where were the Bungals fans, who supposedly support their team through thick and thin? Unlike the Steelers fans, who travel and invade Cincy's stadium each year and out-number their own? Only a handful were there. Pitiful. I guess that's why I decided to join the party this week, before the Bungals come to town and get their medicine, which will wake them from the delusional state they have been walking around in since their Week 3 fluke win. Whoa be unto their @sses this Sunday. Here we go, Steelers. Here we go.

Blitzburgh32
11-13-2009, 09:39 AM
Hey all, I have been a die-hard fan since the late-70s, through the lean times of the 80s, and into the resurgence of the 90s and present-day. I'm thrilled to see the team return to greatness in this decade, and conjure up memories of Lambert, Ham, Greene, Bradshaw, and Swann with their current team. This group of guys is so team-oriented and unlike the prima-donnas of other teams, which is why they win. I worked in the northern KY area for nearly 7 years and had to hear the moaning and whining of the Bengals fans when they were trying to rise from the &hit pile they are still in. I attended just about every Steelers game in Cincy in that time, and I always found it so amusing how they tried to start some kind of tradition to jump-start them; i.e. their orange crying towels. They would talk so much smack before the game, then would be running to their cars by the end of the 3rd Quarter. Pathetic. I finally made it to the Promised Land last year to watch the Thursday night game against, ironically, the Bungals, and I will never forget that atmosphere....snow, bitter cold, and a bunch of pitiful excuses for professional players in orange and black trying to earn their checks against the best there is. Where were the Bungals fans, who supposedly support their team through thick and thin? Unlike the Steelers fans, who travel and invade Cincy's stadium each year and out-number their own? Only a handful were there. Pitiful. I guess that's why I decided to join the party this week, before the Bungals come to town and get their medicine, which will wake them from the delusional state they have been walking around in since their Week 3 fluke win. Whoa be unto their @sses this Sunday. Here we go, Steelers. Here we go.

Yeah, what we considered the dark ages in the 80s, the Bengals would consider a rabid success in the 90s or present..welcome, brother!

OldSchoolSteelersFan
11-13-2009, 09:55 AM
http://forum.go-bengals.com/index.php?showtopic=50032

Case in point....ridiculous.

HometownGal
11-13-2009, 12:01 PM
Hiya OldSchoolSteelersFan and welcome to Steelers Fever! :wave: :drink: :tt02:

I really enjoyed reading your introduction and here's to all of us celebrating after a win against the Bungles on Sunday afternoon! :drink:

KeiselPower99
11-13-2009, 12:05 PM
Welcome!

Venom
11-13-2009, 06:10 PM
Welcome aboard!

Nadroj 20
11-13-2009, 06:10 PM
Hello Welcome to the forum and we all hope you enjoy!!!

Galax Steeler
11-15-2009, 05:37 AM
Welcome to the board.

stillers4me
11-15-2009, 08:19 AM
Welcome to SF! I live on the east side of Cinci.........I feel your pain!